boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

On a side note, even with the persistence enabled, the dynamic events seem to be visible now. Heli crash sites are probably fixed.

Dynamic police car spawn.

2uqn31k.jpg

• Like 5

yup, freezing to death. 

So long cruel world.

If you ever encounter anything new, let us know mate! And if you see me online, hit me up and I'll join up for some adventure on experimental anyway! Take care Tatanko!

I have a few spots up north to check for map changes and then I think I'll be swapping back to Stable as well. Perhaps later builds of 0.53 (next week?) will be more worth playing.

I'll be on a little later. Cheers, Odin!

• Like 1

Anyone know how to start fires now? Crafted the fire starting kit, tried to add logs, or sticks, and tried to lit it with matches, but nothing worked. Dying of hypothermia for the first time since the first itteration of it a few months back....

Ok was wondering if it was just me.  I shot a pig that ran off and died a little was away, so I skinned it, went to a hide site to make a fire and...  well, you know.    So hunting is pointless on experimental right now..  Managed to not to freeze to death though, at least not yet

• Like 1

Ok, everything looks good, now let's get it onto stable STAT! :P J/K of course; I can't wait to see what 0.53 is like when it hits stable. So far I'm liking the additions I've seen. I was a bit disappointed to hear there's nothing new with the zombies yet, but that's ok. I've waited this long, i can wait a bit longer. :) I'm just looking forward to entering a small town and running into a mob of like 15-20 zombies; I think we all, at some point, need that instance where we say to ourselves "fuck it; it just ain't worth it" before completely bypassing the town. :D Not to mention the feeling of dread when you realize that you inadvertently aggroed the entire group anyway and they're currently all sprinting straight at you.

You get beans based on your banner alone

Anyone else unable to gather kindling from the forest floor? I didn't try chopping anything down, I didn't have a melee of any kind.

Confirmed that Smirnovo and Nagornoe are not in yet.

Edited by Tatanko

I played for less than an hour earlier and it was all I needed to get completely geared up.

As soon as I spawned I entered a gas station that had 2 boxes of rifle ammo a box of .357 and 2 shotgun shells plus a bunch of other stuff....

The server I was on was chock full of loot but only 1 zombie was encountered in the time I played.

No crashes or CTD to speak of.

Frames were steady but I never hit a town of any decent size to give it a chance to lag much.

On a side note, even with the persistence enabled, the dynamic events seem to be visible now. Heli crash sites are probably fixed.

Dynamic police car spawn.

2uqn31k.jpg

This excites me :) .. I want to see them choppaz! Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

I can't launch DayZ. I hit play and the a box opens up saying it's preparing to launch DayZ but nothing happens after that.

I've restarted steam and verified game cache.

Edit: Never mind just read some comments here.

Edited by RagedDrew

I can't join any server, get the constant wait. 

Going back to stable for now, as I don't see anything new at all that's worth "testing". (ALready tried the new animations and such, saw the animal behavior, but no new items added or new locations for now. I'll wait for the next exp update.)

Didn't they say pretty specifically that they were testing something server side specific with the version they just released? 

Didn't they say pretty specifically that they were testing something server side specific with the version they just released?

I haven't read anything to that effect, but they did say that we could expect excess rubberbanding and such, suggesting that they did implement something of that nature.

Did use this experimental update for a short while yesterday. Everything seemed completely fine to me (I rubberbanded once about 10m on login, but after that, if anything, performance both server-wise and computer wise seemed better).

Servers are down now though, so probably going to hop back to standard until the next update.

After a poor start yesterday with the "wait for host" screen I finally got into the game. But for today we are back to "wait for host". May be tonight the servers will be running again as they have been like this all day so far.

On a 1/3pp server I made it from the coast to the derelict mil base up north and found not one zed the whole trip.  On a 1p server I got swarmed by zeds in Electro but made out ok until I died on the second floor of a city building, not by a player, just a random death.

I haven't read anything to that effect, but they did say that we could expect excess rubberbanding and such, suggesting that they did implement something of that nature.

They did mention new possible server things. So, I kind of expected for this patch to be more of a "background" change in things (stuff we can't see or change).

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

It has nothing to do with server side or not. It's all a matter of choice. I tested everything I wanted to check, and I can say the hypothermia is working great. B) (The fact that the camp fires are not working right now dosen't push me to test the new animal behavior just to kill them for nothing and such.)

I don't really understand your question. I read that the servers might be rubberbanding and you could encounter lag spikes and rollbacks. Didn't experience any of the previous and everything was smooth. But nothing much added in my opinion. It's alright, but for now, I'm back in stable till I can light those camp fires once more! :lol:

• Like 1

Seems like all exp. servers, except for 2 servers in the US, are offline?