gcriseightysix

kos vs. being a filthy sniper with a fetish for violence

I love hunting snipers, but the jury is still out on how many zombies will be in the game in the end. Sniping when there's potentially hundreds of zombies around that will come to you is gonna be hard...

I love hunting snipers, but the jury is still out on how many zombies will be in the game in the end. Sniping when there's potentially hundreds of zombies around that will come to you is gonna be hard...

If any kind of full automatic pistols get put in it wont be to hard. I think there are a few real full automatic ones they could put in for up close rapid combat when snipping just wont cut it for mobs. Even an SMG or the equivalent AK 74U since it can fit in a pack like the MP5K would work wonders for a sniper against mobs.

Glock 17 with a 100 round magazine.

Glock 18

Pistols and SMGs are a snipers best friend.

Edited by Deathlove

If any kind of full automatic pistols get put in it wont be to hard. I think there are a few real full automatic ones they could put in for up close rapid combat when snipping just wont cut it for mobs. Even an SMG or the equivalent AK 74U since it can fit in a pack like the MP5K would work wonders for a sniper against mobs.

Glock 17 with a 100 round magazine.

Glock 18

Pistols and SMGs are a snipers best friend.

I'm talking about keeping your stealth and the mobs upon mobs. A 30 round magazine won't cut it...

People will continue to complain about KOS whether you post some useless blabber like this or not. Fact of the matter is, you may not do it but a SHIT TON of other fuckers do KOS fresh spawns. An even larger group of players do not fully realize the limitedness of the game right now and fail to understand how KOS is the only thing keeping this game running atm. I mean shit, I've been away for a few months till recently and I was blown away by how I walked into the school in elektro and in one single room found enough food and water to feed 14 people to full healing. I then walked to the fire station. I walked out of there in camo military gear, a dry back pack. And basically everything else I could need except for a gun. The loot system right now is insane. There is NO survival aspect at all, they've given us exactly what we need to go COD, kill ppl, die, respawn, gear up in 2 minutes, go kill more people.

Like seriously, I geared up in 5 minutes, found a shotgun. Ran to a military base, found two people. Killed one instantly, had a 3 minute shootout with another, broke his leg then got killed. Not 5 minutes later I was better geared than I was the first time.

Please stop bitching ABOUT KOS AND FOR KOS. Just shut up and play the game and report bugs. FOR FUCKS SAKE lol...

• Like 2

If you think you are a sniper and you don't have a spotter, then you are just a shithead.  Snipers, real snipers, work most effectively in teams.

• Like 4

I'm talking about keeping your stealth and the mobs upon mobs. A 30 round magazine won't cut it...

It will by you time to escape unless you corner yourself in a barracks. Those things were big deathtraps in the mod if you weren't careful.

Yeah stealth is supposed to be making a big return. Lets hope it doesn't disappoint. Im tired of crawling around and somehow infected still manage to spot me lol.

• Like 1

Not sure why you would bother with sniping in standalone atm.

Absolutely nothing is satisfying about the sniping in the game right now.

Everything about the sniping right now is overly simplified and easy.

I tried sniping and hated it cuz its just soo boring. so I went into cherno, got an mp133 and started busting skulls with that. the only people that kill me are hackers and ak's. I have a little 3 man team and we have a guy with an lrs and a mosin but he mostly spots and takes shots onlt if they are still or moving predictably. I love the shotgun. I take it that this guys favorite place is elektro.

I've heard people saying it's gonna be for the CR527 Carbine rifle, and that thing is a piece of shit.

Agreed. With the iron sights it's pretty bad; not enough stopping power and generally takes two shots while being a bolt-action.

Add the ability to attach a long-range scope and it's an entirely different can of worms, though.

Agreed. With the iron sights it's pretty bad; not enough stopping power and generally takes two shots while being a bolt-action.

Add the ability to attach a long-range scope and it's an entirely different can of worms, though.

Doesn't have an internal mag like the mosin and they're hard to come by. Even with a mag, it's only got 5 shots. For most people it'll basically be a single-shot rifle that uses rare ammunition.

If you don't kill them on the first shot, you're screwed.

Edited by VermillionX

Doesn't have an internal mag like the mosin and they're hard to come by. Even with a mag, it's only got 5 shots. For most people it'll basically be a single-shot rifle that uses rare ammunition.

If you don't kill them on the first shot, you're screwed.

No one is debating whether or not the Mosin is a superior firearm. The initial comment was that sniping isn't going anywhere.

I've killed many people with a chest/head shot using the CR527 using only iron sights. Coupled with a long-range scope, it'll be 75% as deadly as an equally equipped Mosin even without the magazine.

As far as said magazines are concerned, they're no more uncommon than a speed/snap/pellet loader. Piano houses/taverns spawn quite a few of them.

27743950.jpg

That said, medical tests have proven that those who play as a sniper have smaller testicles, except the women of course.

oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

and after every shot hords of zombies running up to him....

i will love it 

you will be pwned

I appreciate snipers and kosers making the game more interesting for me.

You add a tense feel to the game and provide me with people to kill.

However, do not try to claim that you're some kind of badass or that you're skilled when you're using a Mosin with a LRS to snipe people. It's not difficult. It's not cool. It's something that people who are too scared to actually confront a person head on do.

If I get killed by somebody who is in close or mid quarters combat with me, I feel great after that fight. I think 'wow, that guy was good' or I critique my own plays to improve myself. If I get sniped, there's no experience there. It's just 'Boom, dead.' It's impossible to hide from every sniper spot and, especially with Ghillie, it's almost impossible to spot forest or hilltop snipers. So, again, no skill involved. I'll never respect you for sniping. I consider most snipers (other than those actually pulling off really impressive shots, like regularly hitting people well past effective range etc) to be people who are bad at the game. But you do add to it. So I'll not tell you that you shouldn't snipe, either.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 2

The only reason people play a sniper role is because sniping is so ridiculously easy. Point and click. You are as well playing minefield, it at least makes you think a little.

</flamebait>

You seem like a huge hater.

Well god dam this win thread is still going....I thought this one would either disappear into the either or turn into a huge anti KOS rage thread and get locked....well one option is still open.  

You seem like a huge hater.

ricp from what I gather is a vary much solo from what I have read in the past, who basicly survives off the land with the bare min.....I think..which is cool in a way...Im sure him or her would be happy with there being no guns in game...I think he or she has spent so much time alone in game that his or her def of the game is a little different from the rest of us who play. In a way that is really cool and shows how diverse the game styles might be latter on when it is released. I don't knock it, but I really don't think ricp reps the bulk of the dayz player base that I know for a fact, and tends to knock other players play style out side of his or her own. Prob because of falling victim to KOSers or what have you. I have seen it on other threads and pretty much say nothing about it, because ricp has also in support of more survival ideas being added, which I support as well....So for me the person in question is kind of 50/50 to me. Interesting play style and ideas, but needs to quit knocking everyone elses play styles. 

Edited by CJFlint

So for me the person in question is kind of 50/50 to me. Interesting play style and ideas, but needs to quit knocking everyone elses play styles. 

I don't know how harsh ricp is on other players, but my two cents are:

1) Imagine one player sitting at the lake and fishing, while another guy snipes him out just for the hell of it (it's not for the carp after all). Could you consider once again who exactly prevents whom from enjoying the game the way they want to?

2) Since KOSing perpetuates more KOSing, as evidenced on this forum by people who came in friendly and turned homicidal after a few deaths, and as reported by most that KOSing comprises 80-90% encounters, are you positive that you're the one who preserves the variety of gamestyles?

• Like 2

1) Imagine one player sitting at the lake and fishing, while another guy snipes him out just for the hell of it (it's not for the carp after all). Could you consider once again who exactly prevents whom from enjoying the game the way they want to?

2) Since KOSing perpetuates more KOSing, as evidenced on this forum by people who came in friendly and turned homicidal after a few deaths, and as reported by most that KOSing comprises 80-90% encounters, are you positive that you're the one who preserves the variety of gamestyles?

Pretty much. I am against KoS, I am not against PvP. Hell, I died in a little mix-up last night, no biggie.

All KoS perpetuates is more KoS. This is detrimental to the game.

I support variety of game play styles, one should play how ever they want with in reason. But one should also be aware of the subject matter of the game, and the type of players that play it. They should go into this gaming know that period.

As far as "KOS" goes....I presonally dont care to even talk about it, its really pointless petty subject that leads no where. Seems here on the forums it is something frowned apawn, but it game its a pretty popular thing to do it seems. A whole ton of players are doing it seems. Something has to give there, are we all playing the same game? Its part of the game period. Overtime I have noticed the forums is sometimes a place were players come to vent there in game bad luck really. Its true. 

Edited by CJFlint

As far as "KOS" goes....I presonally dont care to even talk about it, its really pointless petty subject that leads no where.

True, I'd rather shag a zombie than try to talk any KOSer out of it. I guess what really gets on my nerves is calling on your personal liberties when you do it. Precisely the exact thing you deny your victims. That's all there is to it really; KOS to your heart's content, just leave the Bill of Rights out of this, thank you very much. ;)

Every time you get killed (barring hackers and glitches), it's your own fault. If you go sit still in the open when you know most people wouldn't think twice of blowing your head off, you're kind of asking for it.

I'm not falling for the old "friendly-player-by-the-lake-with-buddies-in-the-trees" scam again.

Besides, I only use the Mosin+LRS to enrage the rabbit-fuckers.

• Like 1

Every time you get killed (barring hackers and glitches), it's your own fault. If you go sit still in the open when you know most people wouldn't think twice of blowing your head off, you're kind of asking for it.

Thank you, that's what I'm talking about - people do that because they do that, without any self-entitled backstory. Some people defend KOSing like it's the First Amendment, that was my only beef about it.

I'm not falling for the old "friendly-player-by-the-lake-with-buddies-in-the-trees" scam again.

Besides, I only use the Mosin+LRS to enrage the rabbit-fuckers.

LOL. :)