gcriseightysix

kos vs. being a filthy sniper with a fetish for violence

Precisely the exact thing you deny your victims. That's all there is to it really; KOS to your heart's content, just leave the Bill of Rights out of it

What exactly are you implying? You never played with me before....how do you know I dont play as a passive flagalent monk? I dont deny anyone anything....gosh you talk about it like its real killing...its just a game man. So it seems players tend to shoot each other in this game allot. Its kind of built in ya know.

Edited by CJFlint

What exactly are you implying? You never played with me before....how do you know I dont play as a passive flagalent monk? I dont deny anyone anything....gosh you talk about it like its real killing...its just a game man. So it seems players tend to shoot each other in this game allot. Its kind of built in ya know.

Sorry, I didn't mean it personal, it was a general "you" like "one does" ("you don't steal candies from children"). ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean it personal, it was a general "you" like "one does" ("you don't steal candies from children"). ;)

Aww its all good my freind!

I don't feel safe with a mosing, idk.. Rather a shotgun or something, most of my encounters are close range

I tell you guys something almost every build since I been playing, I go with the mosin with LRS and .357 combo since last feb. So yeah sometimes I shoot player, zombies and animals at really long ranges...Its fun dont knock it. It isnt just point and click like ricp says, you gotta figure out distances, find a good position and deal with sway. But if you think for a second I just hide away some where you got another guess coming. In fact the last jerk off I shot in game was at point blank, idiot tried to sneak up on me. So I dont wanna hear your anti mosin talk, anti long gun talk. Infact 90% of the KOSers "Bandit" use ak style rifles or M4s....OP is really drawing negative attention to a play style that dosnt need it and he sure as hell doesn't "REP" me.  He should keep it to him self.

Overwatch and scout play style is also super helpful for group play. Theres allot of asome things about it.

Its prob OPs vary 1st mosin with Ghillie suit ever, and its going to his stupid dumb ass head. Prob some teenager who dosn't know his ass from a hole in the ground yet.

God dam kids these days JESUS CHRIST!

true sniping. this is me and my friend and brother we had a group coming to nw and i caught a glimpse of them as we left. i dont usually snipe and im more of the up close and personal and yes it is not as simple as many make it. I was spotting for them

Edited by reapers239
  • Like 1

There's nothing wrong with what the OP does. KOS is a part of the game and isn't going anywhere - vets of DayZ understand this and accept this. Yeah it's annoying as hell but then Vets of DayZ rarely get caught with their pants down. I can't even remember ever being shot long range but then I play in a way that prevents those type of shots from occurring. If players change the way they play and deny these shots you'll force "snipers" to come closer which will make their play style obsolete. If they're so prevalent it's because of noobs presenting a nice big target for them.

• Like 1

*Walks over to the control tower from the Barracks in the NWAF when he hears mosin fire* . . . 

. . . Wha? . . . Snipers?

*Realizes he is in the middle of crossfire*

I'd like to go ahead and encourage people to shoot me if you see me sneaking around. I deserve to be shot for several reasons; 1. that I am up to no good, and 2. that I wasn't being sneaky enough. If I get caught, I probably deserve to be shot or robbed. Even when I am a fresh spawn, my first intention is to break into someone's house and help myself to their belongings.

• Like 1

Once survival becomes more difficult (food isn't raining from the sky, zombies are a threat, etc) KoS will probably become less of an issue. If you're shooting that guy because he might have food, it's way better to talk first, maybe hold him up, or at the very least seem friendly so you can shoot him in the head and not ruin his backpack. If a shot in the middle of cherno will get you killed by 15 zombies, then you might not KoS that guy and work with him instead.

The only reason people KoS, imo, is because there isn't heck of a lot else to do in game atm. Survival? Hah.

• Like 1