wingman.edu

Dear Developers

Thank you.

Thank you for being transparent and communicating with the community.  I picked up this game last December when it first launched on Steam.  The game has progressed immensely in that time, and all the while you've done a very good job of listening to and communicating with the community.  

I've spent the last few months growing more and more frustrated with Bungie and their complete lack of transparency with Destiny.  Bungie's big year end community news update was a bunch of fluff about how well they've done this year with their launch, which was not what I or a large part of that community was waiting to hear.  We want to know about what's happening, how are they tackling the issues that have come up since The Dark Below DLC, and where is Destiny going.

The DayZ team is different.  The year end update came along with a patch.  Not just any patch, but an awesome one, with way more new content and anticipated features (I'm looking at you centralized loot!) than what was expected.  Bohemia continues to deliver, and I couldn't be more excited about the future of DayZ.  Looking forward to an amazing 2015.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 23

Oh, great, a weirdo who's actually spreading positive vibes. Between you and the guy who was handing out free food from his camp fire in the middle of the town (and then got shot in the back of the head) we're setting a trend in a different direction...

... and I like and fully support it! Ditto what wingman.edu said. Hopefully the Dev team will get some much needed time off for the holidays. Also thanks to the guys who worked through the night during the DDOS attack the other day. I saw Hicks's twitter updates and pics about the sun rising the next day while he was still in the office on that.

• Like 3

Go go 2015! ;o Waiting for better fps! :v

Edited by Lindecrantz1
  • Like 1

I think you got something on your nose there, bud.

It's not like he's going to get anything out of this. Sometimes people are just nice. This doesn't seem to count for you.

• Like 14

It's not like he's going to get anything out of this. Sometimes people are just nice.

This. After what the team went through on Friday, they deserve all the thanks in the world.

• Like 6

I feel like this needs a bump, but not just to be annoying and bump - but I think running through the holidays here both the dev team AND the community teams (Reddit & Forums) deserve some thanks and general holiday wishes. Rather than create a separate thread I figured it might make sense to pass that along here. Thankless jobs quite often, and wading through sesspools of negativity quite often thanks for keeping things in order and chipper. There's a lot to be thankful for.

• Like 1

This. After what the team went through on Friday, they deserve all the thanks in the world.

It was pretty awesome... that they responded and shared what was going on. I've been online gaming for awhile and a response like that was really commendable. 

• Like 4

It's not like he's going to get anything out of this. Sometimes people are just nice. Right here.. my heart got warm, no joke.

This doesn't seem to count for you. And then here, I died laughing.. 

And to the OP.. kudos.

Its not always easy to say thank you. But these guys do deserve it.. they truly do. A lot of hard work, and effort and I truly appreciate it all. I wouldnt be here if I didnt.

So thank you, from me too.. another satisfied customer/"tester"/obsessed dayz player. 

• Like 4

+1

TBH I was getting worried about the direction DayZ was going post-Dean. When I read the 2015 outlook and saw A LOT of what we were asking for is actually being implemented into the game, I was shocked. You mean to tell me a game is developed around what we, the community are requesting. AMAZING! Then the 0.52 patch to stable... then the late night with the DDOS attack??? It shows the DayZ team is committed to us and to bring us a good product.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I begin by saying I really like the concept of DayZ SA and the mod. But I find it really.....well kind of over done to goes a far is to say the dayz is ran so much better then other games, that going abit far LOL. I mean that really is just pandering. I think Dayz def lives on the shoulders of the ARMA series, which is a military simulator that has been out for years. The SA still has a way to go and there are many issues to be resolved. So be cridical, be vocal if there is something you dont like, let them know if you dont like how there doing something. Trust me it will come up, the devs want feed back.

Let me tell you something when you been alive for a month and you go and try to climb a ladder and it says "you are dead", for no reason what so ever. Then you cant recover any of your belongings. You might think other wise lol

But I would like to say thanks for rolling out a couple of patches that run smoothly, before x-mas. Since .50 I think the patches have been running abit better from my end. So thank you, I love to watch the progress.

Edited by CJFlint

Thank you.

Thank you for being transparent and communicating with the community.  I picked up this game last December when it first launched on Steam.  The game has progressed immensely in that time, and all the while you've done a very good job of listening to and communicating with the community.  

I've spent the last few months growing more and more frustrated with Bungie and their complete lack of transparency with Destiny.  Bungie's big year end community news update was a bunch of fluff about how well they've done this year with their launch, which was not what I or a large part of that community was waiting to hear.  We want to know about what's happening, how are they tackling the issues that have come up since The Dark Below DLC, and where is Destiny going.

The DayZ team is different.  The year end update came along with a patch.  Not just any patch, but an awesome one, with way more new content and anticipated features (I'm looking at you centralized loot!) than what was expected.  Bohemia continues to deliver, and I couldn't be more excited about the future of DayZ.  Looking forward to an amazing 2015.  Keep up the great work!

I appreciate the positive vibes. Know that what developers are allowed to communicate externally has a lot to do with what the "powers-that-be" decide to allow them. Like any other developer, this will go back and forth with us. We have a lot more freedom with Bohemia as an independant developer than say.. someone working with Activision, or Electronic Arts.

We'll continue to try and engage the Early Access user base as much as possible, but understand DayZ has a long way to go until 1.0 - and sometimes we'll just get damn busy ;)

• Like 10

Bravo OP.  I couldn't agree more.  This dedicated group of talented individuals have done an amazing job with the SA in my humble opinion.  I read many posts flaming them, but from my perspective I have nothing but appreciation for their efforts.  I have thousands of hours in the mod and over 1700 in the SA and I can honestly say that I am indebted to Dean hall for his vision, and this team for making that vision a reality.  The dev team often gets lost in the background but when you look at efforts like when the DDOS attack was going down and they strapped down the boots and worked until the servers were up and going, they deserve every accolade and ounce of respect they receive from this community.  

Have a Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you enjoy Dev team and THANK YOU for the gunshot fix....long time coming but oh so appreciated!! 

Contribute to the discussion, or find the door.

LOL. You come in a day later and felt the need to take a stab at me, eh. There was no back and forth going, no flame war brewing, but you just had to...well, be you I guess. I think everyone around here just needs to step back and relax a bit. It was the arbitrary 'brown noser' comment that goes with any brown noser thread, get over it.

I guess everyone 'round these parts takes so much shit on a daily basis that it's easy to mistake such a comment as something hostile rather than just a smart assed poke in the ribs.

Merry Christmas, you tightly wound bunch of nutzos!

• Like 1

LOL. You come in a day later and felt the need to take a stab at me, eh. There was no back and forth going, no flame war brewing, but you just had to...well, be you I guess. I think everyone around here just needs to step back and relax a bit. It was the arbitrary 'brown noser' comment that goes with any brown noser thread, get over it.

I guess everyone 'round these parts takes so much shit on a daily basis that it's easy to mistake such a comment as something hostile rather than just a smart assed poke in the ribs.

Hello there

Ive only just seen your comment and was going to say pretty much the same thing to you.

We dont have to "get over" any comment you make, what should happen is for you to pay attention to a dev of a game whos forum you are a guest in.

Remember that what may be "lulz" to you may not be to others and sarcasm etc does not come across in text.

A bit of empathy goes a long way.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Well I think "brown nosing" can almost get lumped in with a breach in forums rules. Its just a fact, and seeing that the forum moderator and head dev both posted on this thread, its likely there going to say something about it.  Maybe its not such a good place for that......... :huh:

I think the OP was just giving thanks to the devs doing the holidays season, and they did releace 2 patches in a pretty short amount of time. The past 3 patches I only really have minor nit picky complaints about. There pretty good for the most part, and seeing this is a "alpha" early access theres something to be said for that. So theres nothing wrong with telling them thanks.

Although I do think to say Dayz is somehow better then all the other game devs, is quite a claim. Im mean atleast wait until there done, then maybe we can revisit that one. I mean have you seen what bethesda does, there amazing. Skyrim is years old now and is still the best RPG ever, no one has toped that I dont care what anyone says. Todd Howard is prob the best video game creator ever, I presonally consider my favarote....just magic. I think what dayz has going for it self is 1st it spawned out of one of the best military sims ever made, ARMA and OFP. With that engine what better place to make a surival mod and a stand alone version of it. The engine is asome and so is the concept. So I think it has really good ingredients. I cant wait to see that new engine, that allows more advanced mechanics. It isnt over yet, we still have another year atleast. So I will reserve my final judgement til then and best of luck with the progress.

Edited by CJFlint

I find it particularly repulsive when a man works himself into a position of influence and respect and then he gets shit on by the very people who care enough about his work to join the official forums of his project and make 584 posts. 

I can abide whilst people make inflammatory post towards shitheads like me who whine about cars and trackpants and hats, but when the one guy who gets "it" and also has the influence to use that understanding to better the project gets flamed and insulted by the very community he is aiming to please well, that good sir is just plain bullshit. And I'm calling you on it. 

I appreciate the positive vibes. Know that what developers are allowed to communicate externally has a lot to do with what the "powers-that-be" decide to allow them. Like any other developer, this will go back and forth with us. We have a lot more freedom with Bohemia as an independant developer than say.. someone working with Activision, or Electronic Arts.

We'll continue to try and engage the Early Access user base as much as possible, but understand DayZ has a long way to go until 1.0 - and sometimes we'll just get damn busy ;)

Keep up the good work, I have stated before my confidence level in the project has exponentially increased since the beginning of your tenure. 

Happy Festivus to you and the other purple people eaters!

tumblr_inline_mpkkyvuqqq1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 2

Really looking forward to the new zombie mechanics for this coming year, stealth, more different colored gear, etc.

The Dry bags,  Bomber Jackets and some of the new military gear was beautifully done.

I may be kind of harsh with criticism sometimes but im a zombie fan at heart. So keep up the good work guys.

Yes devs, thank you. Now if I could JUUUUST get a few more frames in towns....

maudit-mike-judge-office-space-gary-cole

• Like 2

I always appreciate seeing threads like this.

The devs deserve every bit of thanks that we have to offer.

Keep up the great work Bohemia  :)