wingman.edu

Dear Developers

Hello there

Ive only just seen your comment and was going to say pretty much the same thing to you.

We dont have to "get over" any comment you make, what should happen is for you to pay attention to a dev of a game whos forum you are a guest in.

Remember that what may be "lulz" to you may not be to others and sarcasm etc does not come across in text.

A bit of empathy goes a long way.

Rgds

LoK

Jubei's comment was leaning towards on a more humorous side.

While i agree with you Lok,i feel like that kind of response was uncalled for.

(Subjectively speaking)

(Subjectively speaking)

Now now, damn. You know as well as I that there is absolutely NO negative comments to anyone of any kind here on these forums! The feels police will hunt you down and warning point you in no time!

All must praise the feels of OP! EMBRACE THEM! Dissension is not allowed.

(Subjectively speaking)

We are in their house mang.

(Subjectively speaking)

I feel the same way....But It was just not a good place for it, you got 2 or 3 moderators and like the head dev on just the 1st page :o

Dont get me wrong though people have the right to be cridical on here though. That what its for really, but it has to be constuctive.....I guess we all have learn new thing daily though.

I mean if you piss off mr Hicks he could just taint all of our water wells with out us even knowing, pretty easily.................OMG thats scary.......GOD BLESS MR HICKS! WERE NOT WORTHY! WERE NOT WORTHY!

Edited by CJFlint

Well I think "brown nosing" can almost get lumped in with a breach in forums rules. Its just a fact, and seeing that the forum moderator and head dev both posted on this thread, its likely there going to say something about it.  Maybe its not such a good place for that......... :huh:

I think the OP was just giving thanks to the devs doing the holidays season, and they did releace 2 patches in a pretty short amount of time. The past 3 patches I only really have minor nit picky complaints about. There pretty good for the most part, and seeing this is a "alpha" early access theres something to be said for that. So theres nothing wrong with telling them thanks.

Although I do think to say Dayz is somehow better then all the other game devs, is quite a claim. Im mean atleast wait until there done, then maybe we can revisit that one. I mean have you seen what bethesda does, there amazing. Skyrim is years old now and is still the best RPG ever, no one has toped that I dont care what anyone says. Todd Howard is prob the best video game creator ever, I presonally consider my favarote....just magic. I think what dayz has going for it self is 1st it spawned out of one of the best military sims ever made, ARMA and OFP. With that engine what better place to make a surival mod and a stand alone version of it. The engine is asome and so is the concept. So I think it has really good ingredients. I cant wait to see that new engine, that allows more advanced mechanics. It isnt over yet, we still have another year atleast. So I will reserve my final judgement til then and best of luck with the progress.

I never said they're better than all other game developers, although big publishers have really been dropping the ball lately in the name of shareholder interests.  I just said their community interaction is far superior than that of Bungie.  I've been following the DayZ weekly updates and patch notes while I've been playing Destiny, and these weekly posts have kept me informed even while I wasn't playing.  The progress over the last 12 months in DayZ has been really great, and I'm excited about what we'll see in the next 12 months, something I can't currently say about Destiny.  And this game is still only in Alpha.  Best $ I've ever spent on a video game, 247 hours and counting.  :)

• Like 1

I never said they're better than all other game developers, although big publishers have really been dropping the ball lately in the name of shareholder interests.  I just said their community interaction is far superior than that of Bungie.  I've been following the DayZ weekly updates and patch notes while I've been playing Destiny, and these weekly posts have kept me informed even while I wasn't playing.  The progress over the last 12 months in DayZ has been really great, and I'm excited about what we'll see in the next 12 months, something I can't currently say about Destiny.  And this game is still only in Alpha.  Best $ I've ever spent on a video game, 247 hours and counting.  :)

Its cool....me too I got a lot of hours in the game as well. Some of the companys have been dropping the ball I agree.....Watch Dogs is one game, that needed some more work before it hit the PC market. Could have been really cool. Cutting corners. Ubisoft is well known for stuff like that. Could have been really asome games....but release dates and money are more important. Although black flag turned out asome. The reasoning behind it is petty lame I agree.

Heres the thing to understand too, games like skyrim.....were talking 5 to 7 years to make, that being modest. There a huge project. So really your only going to see releases like that a couple times a year if were lucky. Bethesda is works in secret, complete off the grid. Even there flops like elder scrolls online are still pretty epic from what I heard. Rockstar is another one too, just asome games! Cant wait to see GTA 5 on the PC....

As far as Dayz goes....I am a die hard now I think. Wether I like to admit that or not. I play it allot and always go back to it. Its tough and it challenges me, I like that about it. Sometimes its down right harsh on players.....I call it virtual flagelants!....But for me I am holding off on my final judgement...We dont really know yet..I hope for the best!

Edited by CJFlint

Now now, damn. You know as well as I that there is absolutely NO negative comments to anyone of any kind here on these forums! The feels police will hunt you down and warning point you in no time!

All must praise the feels of OP! EMBRACE THEM! Dissension is not allowed.

Who said you could speak? Shut your mouth and sit in your corner, boy, before you make me abuse my powers.

--

Please keep it generally nice, ladies and gentlemen. Negative criticism is allowed, of course, but try and make it constructive. 

• Like 2

Just thought i'd chime in and fanboi it up a bit (least thats what i've been accused of in other threads)!! Awesome game, excellent communication and a fun forum....what is DayZ missing (other than a few zombies, which are coming down the pike anyways)? i have enjoyed this alpha for over a year now, and all i can say is great job Dev's. i cannot wait to experience everything that DayZ has coming up over the next year, and beyond....hope you guys have time to enjoy yourselves over the holidays, whatever they may be to you, and get some much deserved rest and relaxation....kudos and a genuine thank you for all of your hard work :beans:

*this post is meant in the most constructive-ish negatively criticismic way possible... :D

All I can say is, the last game I spent 400 hours playing was Championship Manager 00/01. And that weren't no alpha either. 

It is an honor to be your White Knight, devs.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out bud.

I don't really know what you mean.  Are you deciding which DayZ fans can no longer play Dayz or participate on the forums?

You know it's possible to actually have a conversation with someone even if they don't agree exactly with what you think. 

I don't really know what you mean.  Are you deciding which DayZ fans can no longer play Dayz or participate on the forums?

You know it's possible to actually have a conversation with someone even if they don't agree exactly with what you think. 

Yeah, but the sarcastic manner which it was said pissed me off.

Yeah, but the sarcastic manner which it was said pissed me off.

Why would it piss you off?  One guy who thinks the updates should stop zombies from going through doors or fix the controls, etc.... and is not excited about a new welding mask or chainsaw.     It really shouldn't bother you personally.

Anyways, Merry Christmas.   I enjoy Dayz, but just have not seen anything impressive yet.  I'm not sure why some people think the updates are impressive yet.    When zombies work correctly, when controls are tighter then Jessica Alba's ass, when all the important stuff is addressed at all which in My opinion has not, then I'll be excited and impressed.   Sorry if I was sarcastic about how I thanked the Devs for adding fireplaces, welding masks, and chainsaws.

Who said you could speak? Shut your mouth and sit in your corner, boy, before you make me abuse my powers.

--

Please keep it generally nice, ladies and gentlemen. Negative criticism is allowed, of course, but try and make it constructive. 

Oh come now, inception :D I only kid

Thanks Dev's,

I cant wait to see what more Dayz brings us. On that note you mentioned bug fixes. It would be great if you could find that little pesky one called "Crash". He's drooling at being found.

I am not sure, but it seems to our server to be the rain, lightning one that randomly boots a solid connection, computer. If this one could be fixed, the zombies wouldn't be the winners in this one :)

cya in 2015 guys, and have a happy New Years, Christmas break.