SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

Hype-brothers , let us all rejoice and remember these dayz as the happy dayz , may we all live in peace , and or pieces , whichever cometh first , Amen .

• Like 1

It's not the same as your forum login. You create it separately.

Thanks, I already had an account created. The admins here helped me sort out the issue by resetting my account.  

Well, DayZTV went ahead and announced that Experimental is delayed until tomorrow. It's believable, but they have no official source for this information so I'm not sure why it was posted.

Well, DayZTV went ahead and announced that Experimental is delayed until tomorrow. It's believable, but they have no official source for this information so I'm not sure why it was posted.

Right. My point was that they posted it before anybody even said anything. Exactly where are they getting their information from if not for Twitter/Reddit/forums?

Right. My point was that they posted it before anybody even said anything. Exactly where are they getting their information from if not for Twitter/Reddit/forums?

No idea.

No idea.

Probably from an inside source but what does it matter. Stuff like this happens all the time.

I guess it doesn't really matter.

Still missing a few items from the list. Assume they where pulled due to errors in the items.

Such as our bug feedbacks to the dev.'s

MP5 compensators.

Pistol Silencers

etc...

@tatanko They have been in since .52 if you kill a boar they show up. Will keep you warm if put on the fire. Haven't played around with it much.

Been real busy with alpha testing, trying to find the missing items like mp5 compensator, pistol silencers etc... non found.

@tatanko They have been in since .52 if you kill a boar they show up. Will keep you warm if put on the fire. Haven't played around with it much.

Been real busy with alpha testing, trying to find the missing items like mp5 compensator, pistol silencers etc... non found.

I'm referring to the small pile of guts, not the normal "Pile of Guts" item. You get it from rabbits, chickens, and fish.

Oh sorry I misunderstood.

You can actually chase them fast enough? LOL hacks...

those things are fast little buggers. I thought I saw a squirrel the other day but it scurried so fast I couldn't locate it again.

Oh sorry I misunderstood.

You can actually chase them fast enough? LOL hacks...

those things are fast little buggers. I thought I saw a squirrel the other day but it scurried so fast I couldn't locate it again.

Who said anything about chasing? ;)

servers are down. 0.53 coming to stable?

edit: sry i didnt follow dayz recently. weekly maintenance?

Edited by aMeiSe

Jep, weekly maintenance it is. :) The next update to stable branch is expected to come end of the month. But not sure about that, since 0.53 has not been running on exp for more than a few hours and is down with "hardware problems" since then. Hope this doesn´t delay the planned push to stable, since there is some new stuff coming in that I highly anticipate... :-)

The next update to stable branch is expected to come end of the month. But not sure about that, since 0.53 has not been running on exp for more than a few hours and is down with "hardware problems" since then. Hope this doesn´t delay the planned push to stable, since there is some new stuff coming in that I highly anticipate... :-)

I wouldn't be concerned about a delay. It sounds like the servers are being worked on as we speak (the actual hardware) to get them back up, and they aren't shy about releasing Experimental builds on days other than Wednesday, so we may yet see a new build this week even if it isn't today. It's my understanding that they do a ton of internal testing as well, so I'm fairly confident that progress on 0.53 has moved forward without the Experimental branch being online.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the new animal AI and the new options for cooking. We still need recipes (combined foods) though!

• Like 3

I wouldn't be concerned about a delay. It sounds like the servers are being worked on as we speak (the actual hardware) to get them back up, and they aren't shy about releasing Experimental builds on days other than Wednesday, so we may yet see a new build this week even if it isn't today. It's my understanding that they do a ton of internal testing as well, so I'm fairly confident that progress on 0.53 has moved forward without the Experimental branch being online.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the new animal AI and the new options for cooking. We still need recipes (combined foods) though!

There is still one more week in this month so my guess would be a release to stable a week from today (28th of January). I would imagine their taking this week to work on the hardware and see how it effects the experimental servers before deploying to Stable. Just my guess.

I too am looking forward to the animal animations and AI. Agreed we need more crafting abilities!!! 

Still problems with database, new spawn and no items....

Yes most annoying game breaking BUG !  What is suprising game makers dont understund how bad this is ?? January 2014 Dean Hall answer  " same work we MARK servers what hav proplems to contact  hive we fix whole proplem ". Well  now 1 year gone and still there is not manually possibility to save you charter or proplem servers are not marked. YES YES its alpha still I know but c mon......

The only thing the game needs right now is antihack fix, full of hackers in every streaming, games pretty broken at the moment 0 fun to play

The only thing the game needs right now is antihack fix, full of hackers in every streaming, games pretty broken at the moment 0 fun to play

Agree but lets say  Only2  things are proplem now CHEATING and CHARTER WHIPES. That last can be fixed By "manually save charter" box there lobby :)

And when you lost you charter you can dig that saved charter even little longer from history then you just dont hav to start AT BEGIN AGAIN.

Here is that 1 year ago questions to developers and rockets clever answer  " By the time we would write such a thing, we could have fixed the problems themselves. ".

So 1 year was too short time to fix this ( but enought escape from Project) ? 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/

Edited by FoxGamerFin

Agree but lets say  Only2  things are proplem now CHEATING and CHARTER WHIPES. That last can be fixed By "manually save charter" box there lobby :)

And when you lost you charter you can dig that saved charter even little longer from history then you just dont hav to start AT BEGIN AGAIN.

Here is that 1 year ago questions to developers and rockets clever answer  " By the time we would write such a thing, we could have fixed the problems themselves. ".

So 1 year was too short time to fix this ( but enought escape from Project) ? 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/

There are no "character wipes" apart from the ones the devs do with complete hive wipes to get rid of duped, or glitched items.

Some players experience "character wipes" when changing hives or servers, but it's mostly due to mistakes reading the server info (private, public, 1PP, 3PP, etc.) and some servers are even made by admins to wipe glitched characters. (Don't join, character will be wipe or Character reset if joining.) Those servers always have the possibility to be hoax to keep players away from them, but some of them are legit and made that way.

I have 7 different characters on private hives, plus the 2 public ones (3pp and 1pp) and more than 900+ hrs, and I have to say that I never had a character wipe that wasn't intentional.

Even back in 0.47 and 0.48, when we used to get the "Server wasn't able to connect to the public hive to retrieve your character info." message and spawned fresh on the shores, you just had to leave the server, and rejoin to get your character back. This happened to me at least 40 times, but never lost the character from it.

DayZ, as a software, is a bit more complicated than others, more user friendly ones.

• Like 1

There are no "character wipes" apart from the ones the devs do with complete hive wipes to get rid of duped, or glitched items.

Sorry but you talking bs and if you had 900+ hours in game that must be purpose ^^  I guess you are 1 of those 4.62%  who voted charater wipe is not proplem EVEN DEVELOPERS addmit it is

ACNOWLEDGED :)  I hav 1500+ hours in this game and you can belive I know when I am change  1p to 3p or public to privat. I think those 95.68% players who think this is proplem 

knew that too when they vote. I know some peoples like to say black is white but in you case I dont understund reason.... probably just trolling.  :)