SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

Someone knows how that works? I've tried it today with woodsticks/firewood and rags/bandages/duct tape but nothing works...

The only thing which was new for me, you can craft a splint with duct tape and sticks.

I like this update. Really nice new stuff. The improvised knife is my favorit item!

i meant to try sticks and burlap strips.

does anyone know where can i find ak74 mags, cause ever since i found aks-74 (few days after it was introduced in stable branch) i have carefully been collecting ammo but i havent found or seen a single mag ever witch is really frustrating, because i have been running trough all the military bases on the west side of the map (Balota - Military base south of Pavlovo - Zelenogorsk - Military base southeast of Vybor - NWAF)

Not sure you can actually craft one yet.

I think i looked very carefully through all gamefiles that are known to contain crafting recipies, but no torch found at all.

does anyone know where can i find ak74 mags, cause ever since i found aks-74 (few days after it was introduced in stable branch) i have carefully been collecting ammo but i havent found or seen a single mag ever witch is really frustrating, because i have been running trough all the military bases on the west side of the map (Balota - Military base south of Pavlovo - Zelenogorsk - Military base southeast of Vybor - NWAF)

I think you can find them on Mi-8 chopper crashes, because the only place where I have found M4/AUG mags is from UH-1Y-Venom crash sites.

• Like 1

Anyone have Wiping issue ? 

I had alot of random character wipe on server restart on the .51 and it happened again this morning on the .52 after a server restarted. 

Anyone have Wiping issue ? 

I had alot of random character wipe on server restart on the .51 and it happened again this morning on the .52 after a server restarted. 

I got the same problem and people told me not to join back right after server restart. Just wait 3~5 min before rejoin the same sever and I have never got char wipe again so far.

I think you can find them on Mi-8 chopper crashes, because the only place where I have found M4/AUG mags is from UH-1Y-Venom crash sites.

i have found those magazines in barracks, once in a military jail.

You can find ak74 mags in barracks, MI8 crashes AND prisons and police cars as of this patch. I thought it was odd the gun spawned in prisons/cars but the mags didn't in 0.51, so I submitted a ticket on the feedback tracker and Andy fixed it :)

Edited by snipertrifle
  • Like 1

You can find ak74 mags in barracks, MI8 crashes AND prisons and police cars as of this patch. I thought it was odd the gun spawned in prisons/cars but the mags didn't in 0.51, so I submitted a ticket on the feedback tracker and Andy fixed it :)

I still haven't found a single AK/M4 mag outside of Chopper crashes

Edited by Dafix

I found one AK-mag few months ago in one of those barracks, and it is the only AK mag I ever saw. Also, I didn't find any AK101 or AKM mags in ages. I think this is due to the ongoing rewriting of the loot-distribution-system.

I've noticed some data mismatches on some servers. As well as a bug with the build that sometimes requires you to perform some actions several times before succeeding. We'll discuss the data mismatches with the GSPs and -see- if we can get something done during Christmas Eve, but no promises.

Will likely get addressed after the holidays.

• Like 3

Theriddler what time does your server restart? I'd like to jump on when it does to give me maximum time looking for helis without restarts  :)

It restarts every 4 hours. I've been having a really hard time getting the restarts scheduled the way we want them to which is supposed to be 12 AM, 4 AM, 8 AM, 12PM, 4PM, 8PM and repeat all in CENTRAL STANDARD TIME US.

Our BEC scheduler doesn't seem to work all the time and sometimes our provider Fragnet will restart the server based on a script they run every 15 mins. looking for servers that have been running for more than 4 hours. When that happens we get no warning that the restart is coming. I've got an active ticket with them right now to get this resolved once and for all. I even reverted to using their built in restart fields by entering in the message we want displayed followed by the time in which we want the server to restart at (2PM - 6PM gametime) but still getting no warning the restart is about to happen. 

Hop on today and you won't be disappointed. There is bound to be a restart that you'll catch so you can maximize your loot searches. I will update our Server thread when I get word we've got a handle on the restarts. If anybody reading this can chime in, please PM me!!!!   

I've noticed some data mismatches on some servers. As well as a bug with the build that sometimes requires you to perform some actions several times before succeeding. We'll discuss the data mismatches with the GSPs and -see- if we can get something done during Christmas Eve, but no promises.

Will likely get addressed after the holidays.

Hey thanks for this Hicks. I've had to perform actions a few times on my server to get it to do what I wanted. Doors for instance being one. They appear closed when they are actually open so you end up performing the action twice just to get inside/outside the building. We too also have had a few with character wipes that seem out of the blue.

You guys IMHO do deserve a nice holiday break; I for one can wait for these fixes; just glad they're being worked on. :thumbsup:  

when driving the v3s, is the voip bugged/cant be heard over the sound of engine ? i spoke to a guy earlier and as soon as we entered the vehicle he didnt say a word after, nor responded to me.

This was like the third mute trucker i encountered. Just a coincidence or am i talking to myself without success?

I got the same problem and people told me not to join back right after server restart. Just wait 3~5 min before rejoin the same sever and I have never got char wipe again so far.

OKi, ill try it that way. 

I cannot craft ghillie parts with Burlap Sacks and Netting, seems to be bugged.. 

Anyone else having this problem?

I cannot craft ghillie parts with Burlap Sacks and Netting, seems to be bugged..

Anyone else having this problem?

Afaik , you need to cut the burlap sacks into strips first by using a knife or machete on the sack , I don't know why but I only ever get 1 burlap strip from a bag ... Strange lol because physically when you cut something it becomes TWO things :P .

Afaik , you need to cut the burlap sacks into strips first by using a knife or machete on the sack , I don't know why but I only ever get 1 burlap strip from a bag ... Strange lol because physically when you cut something it becomes TWO things :P .

Ahh lol.. Feel so stupid. Gonna make me a sick ghillie suit later :D

I think this may be my favorite update yet. I've had zero problems with this update. No glitched zombies, no crashes, even my FPS seems to have improved. Plus all the new stuff!

I got a decent amount of time today in the game and noticed a few things. If anyone else is experiencing the same things I'd like to know.

- shot a deer with a 1911 and could not harvest the meat with my kitchen knife. I had plenty of space in my inventory and it didn't show up on the ground. It happened on two deer I killed.

- while scouting using the LRS, I could move up and down. Only have movement on the horizontal axis. This was with looking, not walking.

- after loading a single round into my 1911 and later removing it, I couldn't combine it with my other .45 acp.

- one thing that gets me everytime is the delayed number keys for you inventory. I hate it and its not smooth. I normally end up bashing my board till it switched. Its not consistent when it does happen to work.

Edited by BMAF
  • Like 1

I got a decent amount of time today in the game and noticed a few things. If anyone else is experiencing the same things I'd like to know.

- one thing that gets me everytime is the delayed number keys for you inventory. I hate it and its not smooth. I normally end up bashing my board till it switched. Its not consistent when it does happen to work.

I get this delay a lot too. Mainly seems worse with more players on the server and if you're moving. While standing still it seems to work better overall, but still a pain in the ass especially in a tight situation where you're counting on a quick reaction. 

- shot a deer with a 1911 and could not harvest the meat with my kitchen knife. I had plenty of space in my inventory and it didn't show up on the ground. It happened on two deer I killed.

- while scouting using the LRS, I could move up and down. Only have movement on the horizontal axis. This was with looking, not walking.

- after loading a single round into my 1911 and later removing it, I couldn't combine it with my other .45 acp.

1. 'skinning' works, but I had some problems too. Simply walk around the game and try to find a proper distance, then the option should come up.

2. LRS - same here.

3. No info on 1911.

4. Always been a huge problem. Nothing worse, nothing better in 0.52.

Does anyone know how to use the cooking tripod? I tried to put everything on everything else, to no avail.

Somebody says the zeds are not glitched - for me they're glitched like hell. Teleporting, invisibility, all kinds of superpowers.

Since 0.51, there is this buggy thing that items not in hands and not in your clothes/backpack appear somewhere on you, I'm sure you noticed that. Today by clicking around with that I duped binoculars by accident. I threw it out, but you know...

When aiming down the sights of a weapon (LRS/Irons), my view twitches violently. This also happens with the binocs. Does anyone know why this happens?

To add, I ate cooked human steak before so maybe that is a cause? Because I know it brings in that annoying crying as well. And I made sure to aim down sights

when I had my breath and sway wasn't all crazy. 

Has anyone had the same thing happen to them?

• Like 1