SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.52 "Holiday Special" Discussion

Confirmed that weapons will spawn damaged. I found an Steyr Aug in a house and it was damaged.

Also, a suppressor does work on the AUG, but it does not show on the model.

• Like 1

Confirmed that weapons will spawn damaged. I found an Steyr Aug in a house and it was damaged.

I too have found an m4 and an AUG both were damaged, every ak or other kind of rifle was pristine however so I think its just the AUGs and M4's spawning damaged

• Like 2

^^^Nope.

And we won't see it either.

Because game engine. (Or so I'm told.)

Edit for Hicks tweet:

Brian Hicks @Hicks_206 Follow

No worries folks on exp branch, loot -will- spawn in its proper places before it hits stable.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

After 1 hour of playing in different servers and restarts, I can't seem to find anything. Yesterday I was able to find lots lots of goodies....

After 1 hour of playing in different servers and restarts, I can't seem to find anything. Yesterday I was able to find lots lots of goodies....

Stop hopping, the more you hop from server to server the less likely you are to find loot.  There are places with large amounts of stuff, but, they are different on every server. Ergo, the more you hop the less likely you are to find such a place.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

The weapons found at crash sites in 0.51 were also in various "damaged" states. Kinda nice finally having a utility for the weapon cleaning kits!

Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy your holidays folks!

10gg3ep.jpg

• Like 6

I don't see anything in that whole pile that looks like it would be good at killing zombies. Lots of food, clothing, and oddities though :)

Really?, cose i see a pickaxe and maybe even a camo painted carabine.

Edited by superdarrer

^^^Nope.

And we won't see it either.

Because game engine. (Or so I'm told.)

But there are zombies without hands in Origins mod. I think they just deleted hand textures so we cant see them, bacause they move same like other zombies. Also there are zombies with tools in hands, one has wrench, grandma zombie has sickle in one hand and axe in her back.

I think Chris Torchia can make that for standalone.

also, a friend of mine just found a tripod you can set up for BARBECUE !

i don't have a screenshot but i'll meet him later and take one 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they are going to push this to stable before the Christmas holiday starts or is that for when they get back, would be really cool to get this to stable for Christmas because the gunshot sounds are one of the things keeping me away form this at the moment.

also, a friend of mine just found a tripod you can set up for BARBECUE !

i don't have a screenshot but i'll meet him later and take one 

Hmmm weird I couldn't use mine at all.

After reading some of the earlier posts I'm glad i'm not the only one finding nothing.  At the moment I find myself starving even though I'm eating apples and berry's.  My problem is I'm in a catch 22 position if I fight zeds I just get fucked as I'm not healing and if I run from zeds I starve as I'm unable to get enough energy in. After 2 hours all I found was 1 can of beans and 2 drinks a knife and hammer to fend off zeds.  Oh well serves me right for being late into the game.

Was playing as a male and wasnt able to wear it :(

mmm is this comfirmed? Would be great but I 've seen Wobo's video and a male player is wearing it. Enough already!

I heard the new renderer is out (still work in progress) but can be enabled too.

Nice troll bro.

my new outfit. Do you like it? ;)

Worst thing added to Dayz yet.

Are the exp servers up? Loaded the 1.1 gig and switched to Exp on steam, but cant see any servers ...

Are the exp servers up? Loaded the 1.1 gig and switched to Exp on steam, but cant see any servers ...

Check your filters. Disable anything pertaining to ping or player count and see what happens. Personally I always add "Experimental" to the host name field as well, since all of those servers have it in their name (but be careful of imposters, they pop up from time to time).