Shrub Rocketeer ™

price is incresed

LOOK STEM the price is more WAS BEFOR 19.99 now is 22.99

maybe is beta coming? maybe they putting more car and also boat i hope i can make a peace area no bandit zone ON FAR away ISLAND same like i doing in zub but dont no more dieing evrytim : )

what is you idea for more higher price of dayz? i thinking today is vary excite day for dayz

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™
  • Like 3

perhaps its because the steam sale is starting so most prices go up before they come down 

• Like 4

Its because of vehicles I think. Think about it man, a lot of people was just waiting for them to arrive because they don't enjoy the walking simulation part of the game. Vehicles are a great attraction for players, and a really nice oportunity to make them big monies you see.

I'm not calling the devs mercenaries or something like that, but as a company thats how I would think. We still in capitalism right, big profit ahead me thinks

Edited by Avant-Garde

It's because they think we're stupid.  The holiday sale is coming so they raised it five dollars then applied a 15% which is basically five dollar discount. This isn't a discount at all this is disrespect and shows how stupid you think your fan base and people who are waiting to buy the game are.  This is shows they do not appreciate the patience we all have had with this game and the company itself. 

Edited by rpMasterminD
  • Like 3

This is shows they do not appreciate the patience we all have had with this game and the company itself. 

I can't even remotely comprehend how this statement is related to anything.

• Like 10

Maybe they are still trying to discourage people from buying Dayz because its still alpha. Now that the first iterations of vehicles are in experimental more people may feel inclined to buy the game now and with the influx of new players comes more bitching about the development taking too long, not enough guns or other stuff to do like in the mod

Wasnt this the plan In the first place? Buy cheap now but with additional work put the price up Incrementally.

That was the idea anyway.

• Like 2

Wasnt this the plan In the first place? Buy cheap now but with additional work put the price up Incrementally.

Thats what I thought..

It's because they think we're stupid. The holiday sale is coming so they raised it five dollars then applied a 15% which is basically five dollar discount. This isn't a discount at all this is disrespect and shows how stupid you think your fan base and people who are waiting to buy the game are. This is shows they do not appreciate the patience we all have had with this game and the company itself.

Dude, it's not like you have to dole out another 5 dollars to keep playing. Besides, if you pay attention to anything the devs say, then you would know that a price increase was inevitable.

This isn't a discount at all this is disrespect and shows how stupid you think your fan base and people who are waiting to buy the game are.  This is shows they do not appreciate the patience we all have had with this game and the company itself. 

LOLWUT. Could you please refrain from spouting utter nonsense from your food tract?

It's always been known that by buying it early you're getting it cheaper than when the game releases fully. They way they're doing it is great as it still gives people a chance to buy it while it's cheaper and not just instantly crank the price up to full retail. This is the exact opposite of what you're spouting. This is a kind gesture to those that took a risk and opted in early. 

Edited by Chompster

It's because they think we're stupid.  The holiday sale is coming so they raised it five dollars then applied a 15% which is basically five dollar discount. This isn't a discount at all this is disrespect and shows how stupid you think your fan base and people who are waiting to buy the game are.  This is shows they do not appreciate the patience we all have had with this game and the company itself. 

People take things way too personally.  Your intelligence isn't being insulted, I assure you.  A full-release game on Steam usually costs about $60 USD, doesn't it? If someone's paid $20 to play the game in early development, they should be a little more thankful that they have the game already so they can avoid the full-on cost.  It's funny to think that the same people that're so angry with the way development is going are the same people that mindlessly click the 'I Understand' button without keeping in mind the message above it.

ok is not for beta version coming soon? sorry for make excite news of dayz topic wen is no excite news of dayz coming

Q4 2015 so 1 year still to beta.

• Like 1

The price had to go up eventually. Instead of being upset think of it this way: They raised the price but gave everyone a chance to get it on the old terms until the raise is final.

(Why be mad about it? Or do you need for some reason to rebuy this game often? o_O)

Yup.  The game has been at the same price for a very long time now.  Its supposed to increase in price the closer it gets to release.  Its the same model as loads of other early access games.

If you buy it early, you get it cheaper as you have to deal with the issues associated with very early access.

If you buy it a bit later, things are better in game, so it creeps up towards the final release price.

just like a DFS sofa sale!

"How do you like it, how do you like it...MORE, MORE, MORE!"

That frickin song is an earworm on the DFS adverts

• Like 1

Yeah, well...all the drama exploding on Reddit is not about the price hike itself. That's normal, a popular product sooner or later is going to cost more - regardless of its state or quality. The problem seems to be linked to the fact DayZ price jumped to 34.99$ and then was discounted with a price of 29.99$ ... which is, if anyone noted that, its original price tag before the price hike. So, it's something like that: from december 2013 to yesterday I'm selling you this product and I'll ask you 10$ for it. But today I put on it a 20 dollars price tag, slash it, and write "DISCOUNT! Only 10$!". If that's what happened* it's not exactly a very good and/or savvy business practice.

* I write this disclaimer because I can't, for the life of me, find an unbiased source on what happened exactly. The closest one is STEAM price history for DayZ, which seems to validate the scenario described on Reddit.

EDIT: don't know if the price hike was a (legitimate) Bohemia move and the immediate sale discount was an (unfortunate) one from STEAM or if everything was a Bohemia idea. Regardless of that...pretty bad move from a PR point of view, IMHO. Misleading customers and ragequitting accounts on a social media is not exactly a top notch performance.

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 2

I remember a Scrooge McDuck comic that had the same scenario.

And It IS bullshit in my opinion.

I know about the price increase, i got the standalone on the first day because i know i would enjoy it, so the whole price increase doesn't affect me at all. But i can agree that this is a dick move from Rocket.

These would be acceptable moves for the price increase:

• Keep the old price during the sale and add the 15% discount. Increase the price after the sale.
  • Keep the old price during the sale and don't put the game on sale. Increase the price after the sale.

In a way, the 2nd option is currently used, but instead, the price is already increased and it has SALE SALE SALE plastered all over it. 

This is blatantly MISLEADING.

Transition period my ass

Edited by NyteMyre
  • Like 4

The rational, I thought, was very obvious:

The game is (as we have said) going to increase in price. Those who put up with the early state and participate got it at a cheaper price.

Instead of putting the price up, screwing all those who just bought the game, we decided to put the price up when it went on sale. So that everyone knows the price increase is coming, and there is a transition period for those who get it on sale.

Yeah, well. That solve the mistery about Bohemia/Valve responsability. Bad move. Seriously: I have no other way to describe it. Very, very, VERY bad move. It's the PR equivalent of a guy shooting himself in the foot to declare firearms are dangerous...I'm not covering the legal part of the issue because I'm no interw3bz armchair lawyer. But regardless...bad move (IMHO of course).

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 1

It's a whole whopping $5 but I do think that the timing is very shady and should have waited until after the sale.