• Players
    • Fell
    • Starved/Dehydration
    • Heat/Cold
    • Drowning
    • Have No Idea
    • Glitch/Character Wipe
    • other (specify preferred)
  2. 2. How do you (most often) react to death in dayz?

• Don't care, ever
    • Only upset at glitch/accident deaths
    • Bothered, but will respawn usually
    • Bothered, will only respawn if a friend holds my gear
    • Immediately Log Off/Rage Quit
  3. 3. How often do you die in dayz?

• Every time I play
    • 1/2~1/7 days I play
    • 1/8~1/14 days I play
    • 1/15~1/30 days I play
    • Less than 1/30 days I play

I am curious to know the details on how people die and how often people die in dayz. If anyone has any stories on how they died, feel free to share them. I wonder if people die most often to other players or whether another means of death is more common to players.

I spawned near Cernaya Polana and decided to loot the barn towards Novodmitrosvk. Found quite good loot but silly me had to sprint around upstairs like an idiot and died by falling down. Got what I deserved.

Personally, my last death (last night) was near Berezino on a populated 1st person exp server. Me and a couple friends were starving to death picking apples when a guy came up to us. My friend was chatting with him and I snuck up behind the guy and tried to stun him with a cattle prod. Unfortunately I didn't check the battery and it was dead, as a result he turned around and promptly bludgeoned me to death with a pipe wrench.

• Like 1

Last Death? Suicide to see if it would fix my view bug. Stupidly enough, I had to jump from the roof of Electro hospital 3 times to finally die. As a result, i've discovered how to survive great falls with almost no damage.

Prior to that, the last real death was against an unknown player as I was running my way down the road from Stary Sobor. 1 SKS round to the head. Never saw it coming.

My last death i got stuck in the rocks south of novo trying to scout the town. I tried to vault out but instead ended up doing some crazy slide move over the rock and died on impact with the ground. Before that i was hunted like a dog in elektro by a murder squad, before that i was looting the dubky apartments and desynced off a balcony. Those are my only deaths in SA over about 200h. In the mod, id say at least 9/10 of my deaths were to players killing me.

Mostly glitches, or a situation that was made worse by a glitch. about once every 15 or so days sounds about right- tho to be honest i dont log nearly the sort of hours that some do.

Do something to with that last question, I really don't get the metric you are using. Hours of average lifespan seems a far more sensible choice rather than some weird fraction system. I honestly couldn't complete the poll because of the way you've set it out.

As for the rest, the vast majority of times I have died it's been from long range sniping. Personally I hate snipers, they are the shittiest form of game play. Might sound like sour grapes, and to be fair it is a little, but I just don't get where the fun is from taking someone out from kilometres away using a scope. If I had my way I'd ban scopes completely. That's not going to happen.

Yeah, yeah, I can see what the replies are going to say, but the KoS mob are annoying but at least if it's a toe to toe fire fight there is a bit of games play in it. I am an experienced player, btw, it's not as if I run blindly down the main road making loads of noise.

When I am killed? Meh, respawn. Annoying, but then that's the way the game goes. For every death I try to see it as a lesson to be learnt.

Edited by ricp

Last time I played on 3P servers while me and my friend were trying Russian Roulette with axes on a gas station. Damn dem have patched it so it only takes 1-2 swings with the axe now :D But since the character wipe, havent died single time to players, glitches or anything except that gas station.

Got killed by a kid that didn't understand the words "Friendly, no loot, fuck off"

• Like 1

I don't really feel my contribution to the poll is a good representation of the average player - I go fully self sufficient ASAP and live the quiet life in the woods from there on in.  My player interaction count is very, very low but when I die it's always to other players.  Have never once starved to death, and zombies are nowhere to be found in the woods (usually), so... yeah.  Last death was several months ago on Experimental.

how do i meet it ?

I welcome it with open arms....

That's how you do it.

Last time I played on 3P servers while me and my friend were trying Russian Roulette with axes on a gas station. Damn dem have patched it so it only takes 1-2 swings with the axe now  :D But since the character wipe, havent died single time to players, glitches or anything except that gas station.

lmao I totally forgot about those gas stations. 

Last time I died was because of the wipe coming with Patch 0.48 (I think).

When I die caused by something else, I immediatly rage quit/log off.

My characters live for aprox. 30-60 days.

i dieing more from glitch than from player zombie attack but i nevr felt mad rage like log off feeling i love game and frash start is begin new adveture for me and i am always excite to see wat is happen this lifetime

I don't die very often, but when I do, it's about a 3-to-1 ratio of other players versus the environment. I haven't died from zombies in a really, really long time, and if the environment gets me it's usually a bug or glitch of some sort (i.e. falling through the floor). MOST of the time, it's other players... usually involving me being too trusting. Either way, I only die maybe once or twice a month total between Stable and Experimental, and its usually my Experimental character since I tend to be a little more careless with them being that they get wiped weekly.

How did I die last? Well suicide, in the sense that I took to much of a damn risk. (Damn isn't considered swearing is ti?)  I knew there was another player in the town below, (deep in the map of Chernarus), could hear eating, but was feeling lonely, so was running from the forest cover to the town, hoping to trade or gosh darn it make a friend. it was a tranquil peaceful scene, then suddenly heard a rifle shot. Fell down, a lot of gear ruined broken leg, bandaged, figured I was about to die, thought momentarily of writing a note good bye, got out rifle and waited in grass, not sure what direction shot came from, waited, saw figure running from town up towards me, rose and took a single shot, back down in cover, rose a second time, did not get second shot off. Unconscious. Over headphone guy says "Sorry buddy not fast enough.". Then you are dead.

Switched off Day Z, played Dragon Age multiplayer, which is a nice team building exercise of cooperation, in the guise of "combat.".

This game is nasty, the act of killing another player is inflicting significant misery.

I will wait for another couple of months for "improvements" before I play this game again.

I only play on low populated servers, so I rarely die. The last time I died was at the beginning of 0.51 I think. We were 2 players on the server. I shecked Zeleno military base, and then went to the house next to the barracks. I thought that I was quite safe, but someone was hiding inside and surprised me. Maybe as much as I surprised him I don't know. Anyway I was full stuff and he had only a Magnum. I killed him with the AK of course, but he managed to hit me and I died from my wounds. The guy ragequitted and when I was back to the place both bodies had disappeared. Then I ragequitted 1 or 2 weeks.

Currently it all depends on how I'm playing. If I'm grouped pvping on high pops, a week sometimes longer. I tend to die more grouped then solo, which to me would seem to be the other way around. The reason is pvp, and just looking for trouble. Now days I have been getting back into group pvp, but on a private server. Which means what ever happens if I die I still have my public avatar still alive. My current semi solo public avatar has been alive for 2 months, Nov 12 to be exact. I think the reason for it is I am much more cautious playing solo then grouped. I almost have an opposite mentality playing solo. Everything is about stealth. Were shooting players is more of something I do if someone is my way. Its also sometimes hard to change my play style to suit group game play. But its all part of the game and the challenge of it. That's what makes it fun.

I picked "fell" because embarassingly that is how I last died, but I usually die to crashes/no message recieved while my character stands there and lets zombies eat his face.

Last death was through walls/floors by a couple decked out COD wanna-be's.  Got one of them w/ my sawed off when he cockily barged around the corner expecting a dead body and likely ruined all his stuff.

Last death a pair in Berezino acted friendly- lured us into the woods to start a fire so the one guy could warm up and while my partner and I were helping them light a fire we were ambushed... We're not 100% sure if it was the pair we were with or someone watching our group (which unfortunately is a neat part of the game)... but we definitely got shot. Both semi-fresh.