r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3

I'm noticing unlimited sprint and no sway at all in 1.8.3.... :|

Really Borges?  Really? Even after I explained it to you in the simplest of terms and you thanked me for correcting you?  In case you missed it:

For about a year and a half, DayZ had a normal amount of exhaustion/gun sway.  If you ran/sprinted or rolled on the ground your character would start to breathe heavy and if you aimed or scoped in on something your gun would sway a bit and take 10 seconds or so to settle down.  1.8.1 introduced the bug that caused an exaggerated state of exhaustion and weapon sway.  Two to three steps of running/sprinting or getting up from prone resulted in heavy breathing and massive weapon sway that wouldn't subside for about 45 seconds.

Currently in 1.8.3, there's NO exhaustion or gun sway.  Your character does not breathe heavy after running/sprinting/rolling, and the crosshairs stay dead center in any state without any sway (save the tiniest bit of movement when scoped in with a sniper rifle while standing up...holding your breath steadies this out).  The proper solution (which the devs have stated they are working on) is to get it back to it's original state.  

If you're going to bitch about something so much, get your facts straight!  ;-)

Y U post this when you already know why it is the way it is?
  • Like 1

Really Borges?  Really? Even after I explained it to you in the simplest of terms and you thanked me for correcting you?  In case you missed it:

Y U post this when you already know why it is the way it is?

"Currently in 1.8.3, there's NO exhaustion or gun sway. "

Ok I'm laughing at myself..sorry bullet lol. I don't know how I misinterpreted this but somehow I did.

• Like 1

"Currently in 1.8.3, there's NO exhaustion or gun sway. "

Ok I'm laughing at myself..sorry bullet lol. I don't know how I misinterpreted this but somehow I did.

;) No worries.  Looks like things will be back to the way they used to be when 1.8.4 comes out.  For now I'm just enjoying the fact that it doesn't look like I'm having an epileptic seizure through my sniper scope after taking 3 steps.  =D

having an epileptic seizure through my sniper scope after taking 3 steps.  =D

Well binge eating is not good for your stamina^^

- Church bells are driving me mad. Take them out. Who the F is ringing the bells during a zombie apocalypse?

- Very wierd sway with weapon in first and third person.

- The food system has not been dealt with at all and is entirely screwed. Is it realistic to have to eat a whole cow or 6 cans of beans an hour? It distracts so much from the game and is obviously not thought out for players who play at surviving long term ( as I do) and do not  indulge in Balota killfests.

- Player after  player are booted from the server I play on.  Public variable restriction 0. They become temporarily banned.

What is going on?

PS, Are there any 1.8.3 servers where the missions actually spawn AI without problems?

Edited by Hadraada

- Church bells are driving me mad. Take them out. Who the F is ringing the bells during a zombie apocalypse?

- Very wierd sway with weapon in first and third person.

- The food system has not been dealt with at all and is entirely screwed. Is it realistic to have to eat a whole cow or 6 cans of beans an hour? It distracts so much from the game and is obviously not thought out for players who play at surviving long term ( as I do) and do not  indulge in Balota killfests.

- Player after  player are booted from the server I play on.  Public variable restriction 0. They become temporarily banned.

What is going on?

PS, Are there any 1.8.3 servers where the missions actually spawn AI without problems?

Only one issue you are bringing up is a bug (the church bells) - and it's already fixed internally.

Everything else is Server-Related and has nothing to do with us, especially the BE-kicks. The sway is intentional and a new feature, you should read the patchnotes for a change. Also important to note: AI never has been and never will be a part of DayZ Mod, so pointless to even bring it up here.

Do your reasearch before spouting your ranty nonsense at us, as none of this is related to us or fixed already.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Another bug: I drove a pbx when I changed from survivor to bandit. I was kicked out of PBX and was sitting on the seaground without any possibility to move. I relogged and all my gear was gone.

AI bots are disabled by "class Survivor_DZ" testing side - "west" and "civilian"

(dayz_code\Configs\CfgVehicles\Skins.hpp).

AI bots need the "east" side.

class Eventhandlers {
local = "_z = _this select 0;" \n
   "if ((!isServer and !isNull _z) and {(side _z != west and side _z != civilian)}) exitWith { " \n
   "PVDZ_sec_atp = [ 'wrong side', player ]; publicVariableServer 'PVDZ_sec_atp'; deleteVehicle _z; };";
   // note: the character switch to civilian side when the player quits the game and the locally goes to the server.
};

Is it possible to override this over mission?

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that no matter how high you get your humanity, you never get a hero skin?  I've even tried setting humanity to 200000 and you do not receive a hero skin.  Getting a bandit skin works just fine.

Has anyone else noticed that no matter how high you get your humanity, you never get a hero skin?  I've even tried setting humanity to 200000 and you do not receive a hero skin.  Getting a bandit skin works just fine.

Along with that, I'd suggest that humanity should have a set range because most of the time, some bandits I know have a humanity of about -150k and I think that's pretty ridiculous for it to be that low and realistically it would take you a long time to get it back down to normal if you wanted to.

Maybe something like -5k to 7k?

AI bots are disabled by "class Survivor_DZ" testing side - "west" and "civilian"

(dayz_code\Configs\CfgVehicles\Skins.hpp).

AI bots need the "east" side.

Is it possible to override this over mission?

If that is the real cause to the problem it needs changing. People love the missions they can do, it keeps them bussy alot more then looting and shooting zombies.

Only one issue you are bringing up is a bug (the church bells) - and it's already fixed internally.

Everything else is Server-Related and has nothing to do with us, especially the BE-kicks. The sway is intentional and a new feature, you should read the patchnotes for a change. Also important to note: AI never has been and never will be a part of DayZ Mod, so pointless to even bring it up here.

Do your reasearch before spouting your ranty nonsense at us, as none of this is related to us or fixed already.

Didn't mean to rant, sorry. I should have put the overwhelmingly positive stuff in my post as well for balance. The Dayz mod project is an awesome achievement and has provided literally hundreds of hours of intense gameplay. I appreciate the hard work of the developers.

Where can I see a run down on how the food system is calculated?

ie, How long does it take for the food bar to become empty and how much food is necessary to bring it back up again to full?

ie, How long does it take for the food bar to become empty and how much food is necessary to bring it back up again to full?

How long is a piece of string?

The food requirement is dependent upon the actions you undertake within the game.

For example:

Sitting in a vehicle doing nothing your food intake will be minimal

Runing all the time will deplete your food quicker

refueling a heli can take you from full food level to nothing.

Basically the more activities you do the more energy you use, the more you need to replace the energy. Same principle as Real life.

You sit playing dayz for 5hrs you do not use much energy, whereas you dig for 5hrs, you will use up your energy stores and need to eat and drink....

Advice would be to keep a check on the activities you do ingame and note which are more energy consuming...

Edited by Oddy-B
  • Like 1

@mods I have a hopefully helpful suggestion. Maybe before starting on the several month process on adding content such as the ingenious knockout dart, maybe bugfix first. Currently for me the broken blood bags, wrong skins, zombie spawning problems, and most importantly, the exhaustion problem. I understand why you need to spend along time with these updates, but I feel like these major problems should not wait until the next fix rolls in eventually.

This is where I suggest 1.8.3.1. If you refer to

my General bugfix at https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/275. The major bugs listed earlier in this post, are listed in this link. It does not go into great detail on any of them, but I am preety sure you are aware of and have a general idea of what is causing these bugs. This bug greatly effects me as a hero, especially due to the blood bags and wrong player skins beeing displayed. It is not just me though, I have had many people annoyed by these bugs and their play style affected by this. Fixing these bugs first will greatly increase the playability of 1.8.3 and leave 1.8.4 down to just features, rebalance and make the other minor bug fixes not listed here but in my list.

I aware that you have fixed a few of these bugs alread, an instead of implementing them in a few months, fix them now. Thanks for listening to my rant and hopefully steady some of these suggestions will be taken into account.

• Like 1

Also one annoying bug in 1.8.3. If I log out on the first or second floor of the building. When I log in, I'm on the ground floor glitched, like here at the new compound east of Lopatino:

RiLyUh3.jpg

@mods I have a hopefully helpful suggestion. Maybe before starting on the several month process on adding content such as the ingenious knockout dart, maybe bugfix first. Currently for me the broken blood bags, wrong skins, zombie spawning problems, and most importantly, the exhaustion problem. I understand why you need to spend along time with these updates, but I feel like these major problems should not wait until the next fix rolls in eventually.

This is where I suggest 1.8.3.1. If you refer to

my General bugfix at https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/275. The major bugs listed earlier in this post, are listed in this link. It does not go into great detail on any of them, but I am preety sure you are aware of and have a general idea of what is causing these bugs. This bug greatly effects me as a hero, especially due to the blood bags and wrong player skins beeing displayed. It is not just me though, I have had many people annoyed by these bugs and their play style affected by this. Fixing these bugs first will greatly increase the playability of 1.8.3 and leave 1.8.4 down to just features, rebalance and make the other minor bug fixes not listed here but in my list.

I aware that you have fixed a few of these bugs alread, an instead of implementing them in a few months, fix them now. Thanks for listening to my rant and hopefully steady some of these suggestions will be taken into account.

Its all good and well saying we should do a release unfortunately time is against us all the time all the team work full time jobs on top of doing stuff for the mod. Soon as we are ready we will start the release contacts in motion. (We do not control the release of patches) We have planed to get a release out before xmas but as mentioned a few thousand times in the forums we don't control when they get released. We are working to get this fixed but we are still waiting for more info about it. A good few of the issue raised have already been fixed.  As for the Darts they have been ingame from 1.8.2 they just haven't been added to the loot tables.

Can you plz separate issues in github posting one post with a list does not help us in any way create issues one by one we can then tag them much quicker

I'm going to try and redo the bloodbag system see if we can get it working to some degree without relying on the server as much.

Im going to cut out the call RE's and make the client update it's self.

Im going to cut back on 23(fullbloodbags) pvs(publicVariableServer) calls and move them to one pvs(publicVariableServer) and have both client's mimic whats going on.

No idea how this will work in a full server but ill give it a shot see what happens cant be much worse then we have just now with it being hit and miss.

• Like 2

Not been dealt with?  It's because of phrasing like this that kichilron reacted the way he did.  You came across as an overly demanding diva.  FWIW, a lot of us enjoy the food/drink system.  You cannot create a completely "realistic" system for this, as players would only have to drink once every few days and eat once every few weeks (in GAME time) to stay alive.  Statistically, based on average life span of most players in DayZ mod, the mechanic would be completely moot as most people would never need to eat or drink.  The idea behind the current system is to put more emphasis on survival, and it has worked out brilliantly.  You now have to prep and plan for a trip across Chernarus.  You have to stop in towns here and there to find wells and canned food.  Hunting and fishing are now a primary element of the game and not just an afterthought.  You have to think before pulling the trigger and potentially getting yourself into a 30 minuite+ gunfight with a squad if you're already low on food or water.

With the previous system, all you needed was a can of beans and a coke to literally RUN several kilometers from the coast to NWAF and beyond.  That was far more unrealistic than the current system.  The current system does not detract from the game, it adds to it.  IMO it was very well thought out for long term surviving players as now we have more objectives to staying alive.  I love going far North into the woods to hunt rabbits, cook the meat, and store it in stashes for future use.  I love the added intensity of risking going out in an open field in broad daylight to kill and gut a cow when there could be a sniper watching from a nearby treeline...something that's risky but I do it anyway because now I NEED to to stay alive.

1.8.1 added so much to the game.  It's so much more complete now, and it makes USE of several aspects of the game that were added very early on but weren't necessary to survive like hunting and cooking.

Edited by Bullet_Catcher
  • Like 2

Its all good and well saying we should do a release unfortunately time is against us all the time all the team work full time jobs on top of doing stuff for the mod. Soon as we are ready we will start the release contacts in motion. (We do not control the release of patches) We have planed to get a release out before xmas but as mentioned a few thousand times in the forums we don't control when they get released. We are working to get this fixed but we are still waiting for more info about it. A good few of the issue raised have already been fixed. As for the Darts they have been ingame from 1.8.2 they just haven't been added to the loot tables.

Can you plz separate issues in github posting one post with a list does not help us in any way create issues one by one we can then tag them much quicker

First of all I would like to thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Secondly, I would like to apologize for assuming that you guys had control of the patches. I have been in various situations like that with chain of command that can make matters difficult.

On to business now though, would it really help for me to break my list up into several parts? I made it as a general referral and compilation list, but it seems as if I got a few unaddressed bugs. It would be very simple to do this. Would this be mucking up Github, or would it be good to have it all out there for you guys?

Edited by Lukethero

Its much better to spilt them up we can get more detail about a specific issue faster. Also allows better tagging and tracking for us. IE we cant close a list till its done but we can close single issues once the issue is resolved.

By any chance of decreasing the wood piles for splints? 6 seems way too much.

Have to agree with bullet on the food system. It's way better than it was which was being able to run across the map with one piece of food and drink. I love the new food system, however I think the amount of food spawning should be slightly higher than it's current rate. For instance I'll enter a town low on food/water already and only find like two cans of food and one soda sometimes in the entire town, forcing me to hop to the next town just for a few more cans. It feels a bit stale.

Food and water diminishes really fast now as it is which is nice, but it would be nice to stock up a bit more when hitting a town.

• Like 2

I like the way that activites effect your hunger and thirst levels, running, fueling etc, that system works. What doesn't work and could use some tweaking is the value of energy that gained from certain types of food.

Cans seem to be on point, I would not change those. But meat? Eating an entire cow or goat and still being hungry is a bit odd. I'm not certain what the values are but I would like to see them at least doubled. Meat is full of calories, vitamines and minerals along with protien which are great for restoring energy. Right now I feel like they simply don't give you enough. Imagine if you ate 4 steaks IRL? You'd throw up but more importantly you'd be full after the first one...

just my 2cents.

Keep up the good work devs,

• Like 6