r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3

A few new issues brought forward

1. Players getting run over by cars don't take damage.

2. Some players get stuck in a unconscious state, sitting for example and cant get out of it. This can happen after blood transfusion or knock out. I think it involves someone trying to move them as well hence the sitting. We use your DayZ Admin tool to try to heal or/and teleport them out of it. Epi Pen doesn't help either.

3. Switching weapons without side arms, lying down in a building (ATC for example), will make the character stand up.

4. Logging out in water kills your gear. (oldie but goldie)

5. Players falling out of choppers IF they switch from backseat to gunner or vice versa, This "bug" seems intermittent, not always occuring Switching between gunner seats works.

6. Loot spawning inconsistently, sometimes another player needs to enter the area for loot to spawn even though 10 mins have passed.

7. Available slots not always showing in tents and stashes. This seems to be related to how you sit/stand when checking the object.

8. Hero skin is gone after a hero dies and respawns. He is stuck with survivor skin unless we fix it in the database.

9. Choppers not giving the option to repair them even though they are broken. This can sometimes be fixed by itself after a restart. 

10. Sometimes dead players (their corpse) dissapear after being killed and the killer thinks the dead player combat logged.

11. Loot in boat houses either spawn under water or in the air above the planks so to speak, if high tide you cant get to the loot under water.

12: Hitting a fireplace with a melee will make it explode.

Logging out on top of a building puts you stuck on the first floor.  It requires admin intervention.

Since more and more changes seems to be put in place, I'm just going to throw a few things out there that I believe need to be mentioned.

Tents and Tents upgrading

I think the idea is really cool here and I like how much you can increase the capacity using crates. There's just one thing that ruins it, even to the point upgrading it is not an option for me and my friends. It's the fact when upgrading you are repitching the tent, making it slide out of position. Because unless the ground is really flat, it will slide a little when pitching. And if you want to upgrade your tent 3-5 times, well you understand what will happen. This isn't necessarily the problem either, because you can always put it up on a safe ground just to upgrade, then place it where you actually want it, afterwards. Or can you? No. The way it works, we don't have an option to "move" the tent after it has been pitched. Not even when we are the owner of it. And you'd think you can upgrade the tent and then pack it. But once packed all your upgrades are gone and it's back to just the original tent. You could tell me to put and upgrades my tent in a flat surface free from other objects, but for those people playing on a crowded server this is NOT an option, and whoever has played this mod for a longer time knows this. It doesn't look like it would be difficult to solve this problem. I think it just hasn't been recognized as a problem has it? But yeah, some possible solutions are:

- Being able to upgrade without repitching the entire tent.

- Implement a "move" option for the tent owner so you can correct any mistakes caused by the upgrading/pitching processes.

- Being able to pack and pick up an upgraded tent without it losing its upgraded values.

Deerstands and castles spawns absolutely nothing useful.

It is in my opinion not worth looting these at the moment. I haven't found a single good or unique item so I'm assuming they don't spawn it either. A problem with the deerstands is that a bunch of them are added in military compounds such as in balota and Lopatino. It makes balancing the loot spawn for deerstands impossible really, because for the deerstands elsewhere to be rewarding and worth visiting one by one, they would probably become overpowered in the mentioned compounds. I can't really understand why they were added in military compounds in the first place. I don't agree with this. Better fix an interesting loot table so the ones around the map can be used. At least a small chance for CZ550 and CZ550 ammo would be nice (excusing if this is already the case, but if so maybe it should be increased).

Castles on the other hand doesn't have this problem. Not sure they have its own loot? Something that makes them unique and exciting to visit would be cool. Currently you should be happy if you even see items spawning. Don't get me wrong I'm the first one to voice hardcore level to the mod, I've even described why I think it's too easy to get the top tier gear, but the castles are ridiculous now. It's worse than looting a few houses with residential loot. Considering it's only Rog, Zub and Devils Castle around the map, do something with its loot tables..maybe AK spawn for instance? AK's are a bit uncommon now anyway since stanag and stronger variants are so easy to come by.

Edited by AndersE
  • Like 2

Posted this on Github too, but I'll ask here for confirmation...

Has anyone tried to pick up matches and had them disappear, without going into your inventory?

This could be peculiar to the server I play on.

Since more and more changes seems to be put in place, I'm just going to throw a few things out there that I believe need to be mentioned.

Tents and Tents upgrading

I think the idea is really cool here and I like how much you can increase the capacity using crates. There's just one thing that ruins it, even to the point upgrading it is not an option for me and my friends. It's the fact when upgrading you are repitching the tent, making it slide out of position. Because unless the ground is really flat, it will slide a little when pitching. And if you want to upgrade your tent 3-5 times, well you understand what will happen. This isn't necessarily the problem either, because you can always put it up on a safe ground just to upgrade, then place it where you actually want it, afterwards. Or can you? No. The way it works, we don't have an option to "move" the tent after it has been pitched. Not even when we are the owner of it. And you'd think you can upgrade the tent and then pack it. But once packed all your upgrades are gone and it's back to just the original tent. You could tell me to put and upgrades my tent in a flat surface free from other objects, but for those people playing on a crowded server this is NOT an option, and whoever has played this mod for a longer time knows this. It doesn't look like it would be difficult to solve this problem. I think it just hasn't been recognized as a problem has it? But yeah, some possible solutions are:

- Being able to upgrade without repitching the entire tent.

- Implement a "move" option for the tent owner so you can correct any mistakes caused by the upgrading/pitching processes.

- Being able to pack and pick up an upgraded tent without it losing its upgraded values.

Deerstands and castles spawns absolutely nothing useful.

It is in my opinion not worth looting these at the moment. I haven't found a single good or unique item so I'm assuming they don't spawn it either. A problem with the deerstands is that a bunch of them are added in military compounds such as in balota and Lopatino. It makes balancing the loot spawn for deerstands impossible really, because for the deerstands elsewhere to be rewarding and worth visiting one by one, they would probably become overpowered in the mentioned compounds. I can't really understand why they were added in military compounds in the first place. I don't agree with this. Better fix an interesting loot table so the ones around the map can be used. At least a small chance for CZ550 and CZ550 ammo would be nice (excusing if this is already the case, but if so maybe it should be increased).

Castles on the other hand doesn't have this problem. Not sure they have its own loot? Something that makes them unique and exciting to visit would be cool. Currently you should be happy if you even see items spawning. Don't get me wrong I'm the first one to voice hardcore level to the mod, I've even described why I think it's too easy to get the top tier gear, but the castles are ridiculous now. It's worse than looting a few houses with residential loot. Considering it's only Rog, Zub and Devils Castle around the map, do something with its loot tables..maybe AK spawn for instance? AK's are a bit uncommon now anyway since stanag and stronger variants are so easy to come by.

Tents i can look into see if we can find a good way to do something about them.

As for castles and deerstands they both spawn a good amount of items.

Deerstands, 5 weapons spawn

Castles, No weapons might need a bit of a balance fix.

Both tables also include 

{"","Trash",0.30}, <deerstands, caslte
{"","generic",0.20} <deerstands, castle

All 4 of these tables include a ton of useful items. I've linked them all so you can see all the items in the code.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to pick up matches and had them disappear, without going into your inventory?

I've had no info about matches disappearing 

Ok just found out the contacts for release wont be back in the office till the 9th :-( so no release just yet for 1.8.4

ok thanks Razor. 5 weapons for deerstands may sound like something, but it's crossbow, machete, winchester, double barreled and hunter rifle (if this is CZ550 then fine). You can find all of this in normal residential loot can't you? And no weapons for castles. Definitely think this need tweaking, and I stand by the suggestion of adding a (even if very small) AK/AKM spawn, and maybe a clothing like Ghillie Suit. Just to make them worth visiting. It's true that since deerstands spawn these guns, they can be worth looting if you are a fresh spawn with no gear. But when you have already made some progress, left the spawn cities and headed up north. I will already have at least a winchester, so I know deerstands will not have anything for me. And that's my concern here. They are not worth looting unless you are a fresh spawn.

Also since you were discussing roofs. They are indeed extremely bugged. Also certain floors like the supermarkets (at least the new one east Cherno). If you kill someone on a roof or on these floors, they will not be possible to loot. They will despawn or glitch into the building. And it has been frustrating a couple of times. Dunno if you can do anything about it. I'm coming from other mods and they did not have any of these bugs.

Matches. For hunting knives you are able to add more into your sidearm as long as the current ones have been used one or more times I believe. A good thing. And the same goes for matches. However, if you have two match boxes here one will vanish as soon as you have made a fire. So it's kind of bugged/broken in that regard. Must carry your additional matches in the backpack..

They are not worth looting unless you are a fresh spawn.

Realistically what would be found on a deerstand, though? Or in a castle for that matter?

It's not just about "making it worth it" - we have to balance out the realism / immersion components as well.

I've had no info about matches disappearing

We do though, just got this from one of my players and it has happened to me too:

- if you have two matchboxes on your toolbelt (one with 4, one with 5). After you use one of them once, you should have for example one with 3 and one with 5 matches, but one gets deleted and you have only one box left

We do though, just got this from one of my players and it has happened to me too:

- if you have two matchboxes on your toolbelt (one with 4, one with 5). After you use one of them once, you should have for example one with 3 and one with 5 matches, but one gets deleted and you have only one box left

Ok ty ill see if i can get that fixed.

8. Hero skin is gone after a hero dies and respawns. He is stuck with survivor skin unless we fix it in the database.

I have found that changing clothes, giving painkillers/morphine etc...  changes back to hero skin

no need to edit dB

I might just add a check in the loops to correct the hero issue.

• Like 1

It was and it was also the original range. So its being reset back to it 3.6

3.2 is too low the AI can't hit any moving target.

3.4 was just as bad.

3.6 is the only time they have been able to hit a moving target.

The only problem with this was that the player could barely melee a single zombie without getting hit. What is the player melee range(m)?

Have not noticed this myself on US434. I've had  2 hunting knives and 2 matches in my slots and have used all 5 matches/knife usages without disappearance. Maybe I just got lucky but it hasn't disappeared for me yet.

Ok ty ill see if i can get that fixed.

Hey, thanks for caring and taking the time to actually listen to the players. Keep up and big up! I am pretty confident when I say that many of us love the mod and want to keep on playing it and seeing it evolve.

Happy new year!

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 1

More info on disappearing matches:

We've figured out what's going on (Props to m0tzilla who pointed it out to me).  You cannot have two of the exact same tools on your tool belt (ex: 2 matchboxes with exactly 3 matches each, to brand new knives, etc).  But, say you put a matchbox with 3 matches and a matchbox with 4 matches on your toolbelt.  Then, you go to start a fire and right click on the box with 4 matches.  You build the fire, then BAM your turn it into a matchbox with 3 matches.  Since you can't have two of the same one disappears.  As a client, the way to avoid this is to always be sure you use the matchbox that has the least amount of matches in it.

Also, just caught up on the last couple of weeks worth of posts here.  I'm excited about the changes and can't wait for 1.8.4!  Props to all the devs and admins for all the hard work!!!

• Like 1

Ok i see the issue originally we did the check based on the item your right click on in 1.8.2 but in 1.8.3 this has been updated to pick the first box of matches it finds in the players item list :-(. It looks like this was changed so you used some kind of tool to light barrels :-(.

This would be the reason you having issues with disappearing matches. Would also explain why no reports of this happening has come in for knife's. but i guess if someone did mess up it would still disappear 

So what i might do is move matches to magazines in place of the items slots. This will save on adding more code to a system that really don't need it 

• Like 1

So what i might do is move matches to magazines in place of the items slots. This will save on adding more code to a system that really don't need it 

I think it'd be great to have it tied to a magazine counter much like ammo but my biggest worry would be people "refilling" their matches by placing them in their backpacks (arma 2 bug) when logging into a server, effectivly making it useless mechanic. Unless there's a way to fix the magazine refresh bug you might as well keep it on the toolbelt but add a whole lot more matches to the box by default. So for instance - every matchbox starts with 10 or 15 matches.

Edit. adding another thought to this.

So if all matchboxes started with say 15 matches then perhaps you could then make it a chance that you don't start a fire everytime so you have the potential to use more than 1 match to start a fire.

Also is there any way that we can make it so you can light all debris piles in towns? I think it would really add to the feel of the game if we could ignite the debris piles throughout a town effectivly lighting it up. 

Lastly, can we add item_matchbox to the cfg.Loot.hpp zed generic? Seems impossible to think that there were no smokers amoung the population before they became infected. Maybe even a knife as many farmers carry knifes.

Edited by m0tzilla
  • Like 2

yea we cant have them attached to the magazine counters to many arma issues for that.

I can look at loot tables or someone else can on github.

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/blob/Development/SQF/dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf#L511

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/blob/Development/SQF/dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf#L543

Those are the two issues with matches

Test Build.

dayz_code-1.8.3.0648faa

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9ml31xo4uvgxvq/dayz_code-1.8.3.0648faa.rar?dl=0

Bloodbags confirmed working, 95% less use of network code IE no more spamming PVS and CallRE's. Hole script slowed down.

Cheers. 

For any of you interested in helping with testing / debugging, I have a publicly accessible testing server set up running this version of the dayz_code.pbo.

Backup your current dayz_code.pbo and the bisign and then put these in your @DayZ folder.

There is 20 slots so jump on and help shake down any bugs or changes that need to be made so we can get a 1.8.4 update out!

Server IP: 209.0.142.106 Port: 2352 Password: breakin

Edited by Skydive
  • Like 3

Borges, I'd love to but I don't think the server can handle 60 at the moment.  I'll creep up the player count and see.

Edited by Geryon

For any of you interested in helping with testing / debugging, I have a publicly accessible testing server set up running this version of the dayz_code.pbo.

Backup your current dayz_code.pbo and the bisign and then put these in your @DayZ folder.

There is 20 slots so jump on and help shake down any bugs or changes that need to be made so we can get a 1.8.4 update out!

Server IP: 209.0.142.106 Port: 2382 Password: breakin

Where can we report the bugs for 1.8.4? Should I start a new thread for the testing phase? \

I just stumbled across a bug on my server.  If a dome tent is flattened, after a server restart, the tent comes back. Minus the contents.