r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3

thankyou will try this

Edited by 8bitgamers.co.uk

Yeah with the sway it seems like a complicated piece of programming to get in back to where it was. We gotta give the devs the time they need.

The current fix is in fact much better than the ubersway we had before.

• Like 1

Faco, Is working on it we should have it ready for the next patch :-)

Hello guys, 

recently I bought DayZ Mod after playing the DayZ Standalone version and being strongly disappointed, I decided to try this one.

However, me and my friends are not able to figure out, how to get DayZ mod working, since none of the guides we followed does lead us to any positive results. 

Could you help us with this new version? How can I actually get DayZ Mod to work? Do I need DayZ Commander (and does it actually work with this version of the Mod)? I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge. I'm grateful for any help you might give me.

Regards,

MegaMind

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

recently I bought DayZ Mod

I sure hope you didn't buy the Mod, as it's free. What you do need, however, is ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead, which will cost you money.

Steps you need to follow:

1. Buy ARMA 2 on Steam
  2. Download ARMA 2 off Steam
  3. Run ARMA 2 through Steam
  4. Buy ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead on Steam
  5. Download ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead off Steam
  6. Run ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead through Steam
  7. Download ARMA 2: DayZ Mod from Steam
  8. Run ARMA 2: DayZ Mod
  9. Hit "Multiplayer" on the Main menu
  10. Search for servers using the Filter-Option
  11. ???
  12. Profit

This is what I did: I bought "Arma 2: Complete Collection" on Steam (which includes the normal "Arma 2" and "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead). I downloaded every game within the collection through Steam. Then I started "Arma 2", after that I started "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead", after that I started "Arma 2: DayZ Mod". Until then, everything went fine. When I clicked on "Multiplayer", the servers were listed. However, this is where the problem appears: Whenever I want to connect to any server on the list, I get one of two error messages, they seem to appear randomly when I try to connect. One error message says: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent  on downloadable content that has been deleted. dayz_epoch, glt_m300t, mbg_killhouses, mbg_african_buildings, glt_bh_burned, kpfsWaysigns, pook_h13, aif_arma1buildings, git_bh_wreck, csj_gyroac, jetskiyanahuiaddon". The other one is very long, I had to take a picture of it and upload it. http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3822/2dsa5pmn_jpg.htm

Can you help me with this? Any help is appreciated. If you need further information, don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

MegaMind

Edited by MegaMind

You need to filter for DayZ Mod. "Any server" will not do. Easiest would be to search for "1.8.3" -as that is the current DayZ Mod Version. Just make sure to remember the exact name of the server to find it again in the future - your characters won't carry over.

One error message says: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent  on downloadable content that has been deleted. dayz_epoch, glt_m300t, mbg_killhouses, mbg_african_buildings, glt_bh_burned, kpfsWaysigns, pook_h13, aif_arma1buildings, git_bh_wreck, csj_gyroac, jetskiyanahuiaddon".

Thats error is because your trying to join a server running the Epoch mod, to be able to play that you need to dowloade that mod to. Try joining a vanilla DayZ Mod server instead.

And what kichilron said above. :thumbsup:

Edited by Squadron_2

Thanks a lot for your help.

How can I be sure, that I have the latest update of DayZ Mod? I can't find the version-number of my game anywhere. I'm not really sure if Steam provides the latest updates or not.

Thanks a lot for your help.

How can I be sure, that I have the latest update of DayZ Mod? I can't find the version-number of my game anywhere. I'm not really sure if Steam provides the latest updates or not.

It is being displayed on the bottom right in the mainmenu. But other than that: Patches are being rolled out via Steam, so if you have it installed over Steam it should update automatically whenever a new patch comes out.

Thank you guys! After filtering the results with "1.8.3", I was able to join 2 servers without any problems (and got killed by a zombie after being afk). 

I have one more question: How can I make sure, that I join cheater-protected servers? Something like "VAC" in Counter Strike?

Edited by MegaMind

Thank you guys! After filtering the results with "1.8.3", I was able to join 2 servers without any problems (and got killed by a zombie after being afk). 

I have one more question: How can I make sure, that I join cheater-protected servers? Something like "VAC" in Counter Strike?

Usually the servers will say that it will have custom scripts to prevent scripters from ruining the experience for others. Years ago it used to be a lot worse but now it's barely there these days.

Usually the servers will say that it will have custom scripts to prevent scripters from ruining the experience for others. Years ago it used to be a lot worse but now it's barely there these days.

God i hate negan

Thanks for your help!

Maybe I'm being a bit off-topic, but I was wondering if I could download the additional files to make "DayZ Epoch" and "DayZ Chernarus" work? 

Thanks for your help!

Maybe I'm being a bit off-topic, but I was wondering if I could download the additional files to make "DayZ Epoch" and "DayZ Chernarus" work? 

DayZ Epoch is stuck to earlier version of DayZ Mod. The new licensing of most of the new code in version 1.8.3 does not allow them to upgrade.

Is there any way to downgrade my DayZ-Mod then? There are very few servers which run on 1.8.3 

It would be great if any of you could provide me with instructions how to get back to previous versions of DayZ (best would me the most popular one, which I believe is 1.8.2? Correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks.

Kind regards,

MegaMind

God i hate negan

Point taken. ;)

Is there any way to downgrade my DayZ-Mod then? There are very few servers which run on 1.8.3 

It would be great if any of you could provide me with instructions how to get back to previous versions of DayZ (best would me the most popular one, which I believe is 1.8.2? Correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks.

Kind regards,

MegaMind

Yes you can on the drop down menu when you right click on Arma 2 DayZ Mod on Steam.

Yes you can on the drop down menu when you right click on Arma 2 DayZ Mod on Steam.

Which version would you recommend? 1.8.2?

What about the different maps, do I need to download them through DayZ Commander or something like that?

If you wanna play vanilla DayZ Mod I would recommend using just Steam and the Arma Server browser. If you prefer other mods like overwatch, epoch and such use DayZ Launcher.

---> dayzlauncher.com

Which is the most popular one, with most servers, great stability etc? Is the progress saved even if you change servers or not? (Like it is on most DayZ Standalone servers). Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Kind regards,

MegaMind

Please don't hijack this topic with requests regarding other mods.

• Like 2

If you wanna play vanilla DayZ Mod I would recommend using just Steam and the Arma Server browser. If you prefer other mods like overwatch, epoch and such use DayZ Launcher.

---> dayzlauncher.com

Hey you finally upgraded.  Were you busy or technical issues? 

Please don't hijack this topic with requests regarding other mods.

Sorry.

I thought that Epoch, Vanilla etc. were mods within DayZ, and not something entirely different. 

Sorry.

I thought that Epoch, Vanilla etc. were mods within DayZ, and not something entirely different. 

As the name states, Vanilla is Vanilla and thus the original.

Epoch is not linked to us in any way other than the fact that they're basing their own mod off of the basestructure of DayZ.

This thread, however, is only to be used as feedback / discussion regarding DayZ Mod.

• Like 1