r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3

Not sure if the fatigue can be brought back a bit.  Currently the fix in 1.8.3 results in zero sway.  For technical reasons If it can't be placed in a middle ground between 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 I understand.

Why would you want this? It was terribly broken and it's back to the way it should be.

• Like 1

Sometime they’ll give a war and nobody will come.

2 of over 5000 servers have updated to 1.8.3, looks like nobody cares about this update.

My characerter on FR129 is one week alive and I did not even find matches and other tools. Loot will not respawn after it has been picked up.

I wish the old times back when you go to Elektro and have at least a Winchster and Alice backpack and some tools to make a camp fire.

I guess you have tried to hard to copy the standalone! Damn it.

Servers are generally pretty slow to update.

Thanks for reporting if its not already on the issues drop it on there plz tic321

Not sure if the fatigue can be brought back a bit.  Currently the fix in 1.8.3 results in zero sway.  For technical reasons If it can't be placed in a middle ground between 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 I understand.

Outside of the barrel graphics glitch I noticed only certain trees you can harvest wood.  Mainly evergreens and small trees.  

Not sure it's due to the performance changes but the availability of animals is much more consistent even when near full population.  So far I think the performance improvements are doing what it's supposed to.  

Fatigue was fully removed as discussed in another post however its not going to stay like this we have it set to be a priority fix for the next patch.

• Like 2

Official Hive has been down for about 7 months.

So what your saying these server files are broken then !!  your are releasing something that doesn't work, there should also be instructions of how to run your own hive. and how to edit the files so that it will connect to your hive ,

correct me if im wrong but aint the server files set up to connect to the official hive? or are the server files setup so you can add your own hive details ?

Edited by 8bitgamers.co.uk

or are the server files setup so you can add your own hive details ?

You have always been able to use your own hive without a problem. It's just set up so it connects to the official Hive by default, if nothing else is specified.

The Hive-Files are public and the hive hasn't changed:

no changes

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215446-dayz-mod-183/?p=2164868

I don't understand why you would even say something like this:

So what your saying these server files are broken then !! 

If you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

So what your saying these server files are broken then !!  your are releasing something that doesn't work, there should also be instructions of how to run your own hive. and how to edit the files so that it will connect to your hive ,

correct me if im wrong but aint the server files set up to connect to the official hive? or are the server files setup so you can add your own hive details ?

Haha, what?!?! :P This argument is wrong in so many ways.

Edited by Squadron_2

Could someone put another link to the server files i been on 3 hours and i am even half way done.

Could someone put another link to the server files i been on 3 hours and i am even half way done.

here ya go!

all 3 latest files for dayzmod ;)

ftp://77.38.222.60/dayzmod/

p.s. sorry for link if smtg :S

With respect to the barrel rendering issue it does happen on US434 but on FR129 I see the flames but the barrels don't render.  Facoptere did you remove the barrels from rendering?

It seems to be an issue with the model atm we are looking into it.

Servers are generally pretty slow to update.

Thanks for reporting if its not already on the issues drop it on there plz tic321

Fatigue was fully removed as discussed in another post however its not going to stay like this we have it set to be a priority fix for the next patch.

I already have done both. Reported it on Github :)

Sometime they’ll give a war and nobody will come.

2 of over 5000 servers have updated to 1.8.3, looks like nobody cares about this update.

My characerter on FR129 is one week alive and I did not even find matches and other tools. Loot will not respawn after it has been picked up.

I wish the old times back when you go to Elektro and have at least a Winchster and Alice backpack and some tools to make a camp fire.

I guess you have tried to hard to copy the standalone! Damn it.

I've been pretty busy lately, but as soon as I realized an update was pushed, I downloaded it and updated.  There is never going to be and "instant" update for servers.  Server operators don't get an email or anything notifying them of an update so they can run home and update their server immediately. You need some realistic expectations.

You have to realize most of us with the means of running a server are not kids.  We have relationships, (wives or girlfriends) we have kids, we have JOBS, (so we can afford to run our servers) and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that enjoys and active social and recreational life outside of computers.  In other words, our time is limited.

Edited by Skydive
  • Like 3

With respect to the barrel rendering issue it does happen on US434 but on FR129 I see the flames but the barrels don't render. Facoptere did you remove the barrels from rendering?

Can you confirm there is no issue on the UAT server? I never had the issue on UAT, but on the production server I can't see the barrels too.

It seems theres an issue with the barrel model we are working to resolve it.

Can you confirm there is no issue on the UAT server? I never had the issue on UAT, but on the production server I can't see the barrels too.

Do you still want me to take a look?  Noticed the github issue has been closed with a fix. 

Why would you want this? It was terribly broken and it's back to the way it should be.

Um, no it's not.  For about a year and a half, DayZ had a normal amount of exhaustion/gun sway.  If you ran/sprinted or rolled on the ground your character would start to breathe heavy and if you aimed or scoped in on something your gun would sway a bit and take 10 seconds or so to settle down.  1.8.1 introduced the bug that caused an exaggerated state of exhaustion and weapon sway.  Two to three steps of running/sprinting or getting up from prone resulted in heavy breathing and massive weapon sway that wouldn't subside for about 45 seconds.

Currently in 1.8.3, there's NO exhaustion or gun sway.  Your character does not breathe heavy after running/sprinting/rolling, and the crosshairs stay dead center in any state without any sway (save the tiniest bit of movement when scoped in with a sniper rifle while standing up...holding your breath steadies this out).  The proper solution (which the devs have stated they are working on) is to get it back to it's original state.  

If you're going to bitch about something so much, get your facts straight!  ;-)

• Like 2

I believe exhaustion should be changed to fatigue and this should require our characters to sleep for some time :)

Edited by TIC321

can you confirm the instance Id for this data base please cause when we run it no on the objects spawn

the http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.3/ mission file is named 1337 so im thinking the id is different in the data base

or do yiou know where to change the instance id in the data base ?

can you confirm the instance Id for this data base please cause when we run it no on the objects spawn

the http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.3/ mission file is named 1337 so im thinking the id is different in the data base

or do yiou know where to change the instance id in the data base ?

You just change it in the init.sqf to suit whatever you need..

been there done that didn't work I asked if someone could confirm what I asked above

ive made a fresh install of my server and hosting the hive myself with the db file supplied I don't have an instance Id so I set it the same as 1337 as in the mission filename,

it connects to the hive ok but doesn't spawn any objects on server start up as if it cant read from the hive that specific info.

been there done that didn't work I asked if someone could confirm what I asked above

ive made a fresh install of my server and hosting the hive myself with the db file supplied I don't have an instance Id so I set it the same as 1337 as in the mission filename,

it connects to the hive ok but doesn't spawn any objects on server start up as if it cant read from the hive that specific info.

By objects do you mean loot or what?

car spawns as the server loads

You have to setup the 3h updates event in your db. CALL `pMain`('1') < change this number to the instance number your using.

);