r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3

We have published a development branch on github (just change the branch) for you guys to test the sway and bloodbags. I'll look at humanity after new year see what we can do with that system

Razor, is it possible to get this pushed to dev branch in steam so we can switch between them via the beta tab? I thought that was the idea behind future testing branches, 

Takes too long for us. We have to get the changelog passed then do a build pass the build to someone else for them to wait for someone else to push to steam.

Your best to download from github and do a build yourself.

Your best to download from github and do a build yourself.

huh?!?

I have no idea how to do this? not to sound cynical or overly critical here but if you want the community to test the mod you should build it and provide a compiled buiild for those interested. I'm not a programmer and have no idea how to build something from the Github repositories....

huh?!?

I have no idea how to do this? not to sound cynical or overly critical here but if you want the community to test the mod you should build it and provide a compiled buiild for those interested. I'm not a programmer and have no idea how to build something from the Github repositories....

No matter what we do we cant win. When i get a sec ill add a build script. We have been doing testing builds up until the last patch even asked on the forums for testers all we get back is provide the code and let us build ourselves and run our own servers for testing. We do just that and we still cant win :-(

Your welcome to join one of the current test groups i believe faco has a test group going or had one going. But i just don't have the time to do a build for every little change. Having the source available to everyone without needing to request access is the best we can do just now gives everyone a chance to test and build without us spending even more time trying to get test builds done and passed off(takes way to long even tried the hole dev branch route and it failed because we cant get passed off as fast as we need). I'll try and get some time to chase up the promised access to steam so we can push our own test versions ill let you know if we hear anything back.

install cpbo, install github for windows and pull the source (using the clone to desktop button in github)

:: github porject locationset home=L:\Github\DayzMod:: cpbo install locationset tools=L:\Github\ARMA2Tools\::Set where to deploy the files tooSet Deploy=L:\Github\Deployed\DayZ:: Mod name.set ModName=@DayZ:: ignoreSet ClientCode=%home%\SQFSet ServerHive=%home%\SQFecho ATTENTION: Creating Client side .PBO's %tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\dayz_weapons %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\dayz_weapons.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\dayz_vehicles %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\dayz_vehicles.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\dayz_equip %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\dayz_equip.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\dayz_sfx %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\dayz_sfx.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\dayz_anim %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\dayz_anim.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\dayz_code %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\dayz_code.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\dayz %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\dayz.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\st_collision %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\st_collision.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\st_evasive %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\st_evasive.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\st_bunnyhop %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\st_bunnyhop.pbo%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\map_eu %Deploy%\%ModName%\Addons\map_eu.pboecho ATTENTION: Creating Server side .PBO's%tools%\cpbo.exe -y -p %ClientCode%\dayz_server %Deploy%\@Hive\Addons\dayz_server.pbo

drop that into a bat file, edit the set values and run (untested). Just got home from work so no idea if this script will work ill check it again when i get up(too tired just now)

Just lasted 20 days in wilderness my last dayz life. Died tonight at the unmarked airfield southwest of NWAF, by a bandit in camo clothing. He trapped me inside a hangar. Said friendly 3 times and was gunned down instantly. Had a ghillie m40/m249saw rangefinder, built a camp and everything. Guess I wanted to protect my humanity more.

Best dayz life ever. Died with 3 hunting knives and 3 matchboxes on me :D

Edited by Borges
  • Like 4

Pushed to github

Bloodbag changes to fix the missing var in 1.8.3, and removed all the server spam (PVS & Call Re's) - Needs testing.

Humanity changes to support the 3 survivor skins again. - Needs testing.

Fuel Consumption - Prototype system added - Not ready for testing.

Had a spare ten mins this morning so tried to get what i could done.

Hope you all had a good xmas.

• Like 6

Thanks for your's and your teams diligent and fast work Razor!

Edited by Lukethero

Changes pushed to Github

- [updated] - Global zombies increased to 1k from 300

- [updated] - Zombie attack radius increased back to 3.6 meters. (attack radius if the player is in this radius you will be damaged.)
- [updated] - AI damaged lowered. (Risk vs Reward was to great)
- [updated] - Temperature changes for animation states. (should make your character much colder)

- [updated] - Spawn radius updated to 300 meters up from 200

- [updated] - Infected players can now infect other players at 12 meters up from 8.

- [Fixed] - Blood bagging should now be working correctly, Removed server spam and fixed missing var in 1.8.3. 

Testing and feedback needed. I'll do a code build in a bit i just managed to delete my repo :-(

• Like 3

- [updated] - Zombie attack radius increased back to 3.6 meters. (attack radius if the player is in this radius you will be damaged.)

Hoh shit things just got technical.

so you think zombies have 3.6 meter hands to attack players? why don't you make 4 or 5 meters then&?!

There currently set to 3.2 in 1.8.3 but as many have complained about the AI not being able to attack due to this change from the previous version 1.8.2 we are resetting it back to the default vanilla setting  1.7.9. That range is a limitation of the melee in arma even the players melee weapons have that range. if you use the search you should be able to find the exact reasons for this.

Testing now!

Drop me a pm on steam or skype and ill jump on and give it a test with you.

- [Fixed] - Blood bagging should now be working correctly, Removed server spam and fixed missing var in 1.8.3.

-Tested and confirmed.  Blood indicator now increases as transfusion takes place.

EDIT:  This post is the 77777 in this thread. Lucky number 7. Ha!

Edited by Skydive
  • Like 1

There currently set to 3.2 in 1.8.3 but as many have complained about the AI not being able to attack due to this change from the previous version 1.8.2 we are resetting it back to the default vanilla setting  1.7.9. That range is a limitation of the melee in arma even the players melee weapons have that range. if you use the search you should be able to find the exact reasons for this.

Wasn't the range in 1.8.2, 3.6m? Or was it 3.8? I remember it being too far.

Edited by Borges

Wasn't the range in 1.8.2, 3.6m? Or was it 3.8? I remember it being too far.

It was and it was also the original range. So its being reset back to it 3.6

3.2 is too low the AI can't hit any moving target.

3.4 was just as bad.

3.6 is the only time they have been able to hit a moving target.

I'm still not happy with the blood bag system so you will probably see one set of the blood bags removed in favor of just using one type bags  that does both self and transfusions. It's a little two much now with two different types of bags. We know the idea works from the prototyping so ill get this redone now to make it a little more simple. 

AI Damage is going to be reduced some to make risk vs reward a little better at the moment the risk is way to high.

Loot system needs a redesign the current system is still pretty shit. (if you have any thoughts on that shout).

Blocking and evade is going to be worked on a little more to add a bit more detail to it.

AI sight and sound im not sure needs changing 

- Weapon fire non SD seems to be ok you can fire and more without having the AI target you.
- SD weapons muffle the sound to about half of normal weapon fire and follow the same fire and move system as normal weapons.

- Sneak seems ok they cant hear you unless within a few meters (just inside player melee attack range)

- Sight might sill be a little too high, but not sure we can do much without making them useless on sight.

I'm still not happy with the blood bag system so you will probably see one set of the blood bags removed in favor of just using one type bags  that does both self and transfusions. It's a little two much now with two different types of bags. We know the idea works from the prototyping so ill get this redone now to make it a little more simple.

Sounds great! Very much looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

A few new issues brought forward

1. Players getting run over by cars don't take damage.

2. Some players get stuck in a unconscious state, sitting for example and cant get out of it. This can happen after blood transfusion or knock out. I think it involves someone trying to move them as well hence the sitting. We use your DayZ Admin tool to try to heal or/and teleport them out of it. Epi Pen doesn't help either.

3. Switching weapons without side arms, lying down in a building (ATC for example), will make the character stand up.

4. Logging out in water kills your gear. (oldie but goldie)

5. Players falling out of choppers IF they switch from backseat to gunner or vice versa, This "bug" seems intermittent, not always occuring Switching between gunner seats works.

6. Loot spawning inconsistently, sometimes another player needs to enter the area for loot to spawn even though 10 mins have passed.

7. Available slots not always showing in tents and stashes. This seems to be related to how you sit/stand when checking the object.

8. Hero skin is gone after a hero dies and respawns. He is stuck with survivor skin unless we fix it in the database.

9. Choppers not giving the option to repair them even though they are broken. This can sometimes be fixed by itself after a restart. 

10. Sometimes dead players (their corpse) dissapear after being killed and the killer thinks the dead player combat logged.

11. Loot in boat houses either spawn under water or in the air above the planks so to speak, if high tide you cant get to the loot under water.

12: Hitting a fireplace with a melee will make it explode.

13: Logging out on top of a building puts you stuck on the first floor.  It requires admin intervention.

• Like 2