r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3

Hey you finally upgraded.  Were you busy or technical issues? 

I'm not sure europa is actually 1.8.3, I know its in the title but I got black screen after I updated, had to roll back :( hopefully vinyljunkie replies I'd love to try the new .3 zombies, I miss 1.8.1 :(

As the name states, Vanilla is Vanilla and thus the original.

Epoch is not linked to us in any way other than the fact that they're basing their own mod off of the basestructure of DayZ.

This thread, however, is only to be used as feedback / discussion regarding DayZ Mod.

Are the zeds harder? I hate the way they were gimped from .1 to .2

As the name states, Vanilla is Vanilla and thus the original.

Epoch is not linked to us in any way other than the fact that they're basing their own mod off of the basestructure of DayZ.

This thread, however, is only to be used as feedback / discussion regarding DayZ Mod.

I am pretty confused. I can't seem to find the "normal" DayZ, where you start with nothing but your underpants and shirt on, and you have to loot things, which you can keep even if you switch servers. This is at least how it was on DayZ Standalone, and friends told me, that it's the same on DayZ Mod, but you have a lot of additional features, like cars etc. - I didn't see a single car until now (I was in, like, 10 servers already). What confuses me most is, that sometimes I start with a rifle in my inventory, sometimes with nothing but painkillers, bandages and some other medical stuff. 

Um, no it's not.  For about a year and a half, DayZ had a normal amount of exhaustion/gun sway.  If you ran/sprinted or rolled on the ground your character would start to breathe heavy and if you aimed or scoped in on something your gun would sway a bit and take 10 seconds or so to settle down.  1.8.1 introduced the bug that caused an exaggerated state of exhaustion and weapon sway.  Two to three steps of running/sprinting or getting up from prone resulted in heavy breathing and massive weapon sway that wouldn't subside for about 45 seconds.

Currently in 1.8.3, there's NO exhaustion or gun sway.  Your character does not breathe heavy after running/sprinting/rolling, and the crosshairs stay dead center in any state without any sway (save the tiniest bit of movement when scoped in with a sniper rifle while standing up...holding your breath steadies this out).  The proper solution (which the devs have stated they are working on) is to get it back to it's original state.  

If you're going to bitch about something so much, get your facts straight!  ;-)

I wasn't bitching about anything. I haven't played 1.8.3 and I watched the video razor released a while ago that showed the corrected sway and it looked fine. Thanks for correcting me.

Edited by Borges

Hey you finally upgraded. Were you busy or technical issues?

Hey Geryon! Yes finally.. It's not in my hands since i am renting a game server from vilayer. They promised me they will be faster providing the latest patch next time though,

I'm not sure europa is actually 1.8.3, I know its in the title but I got black screen after I updated, had to roll back :( hopefully vinyljunkie replies I'd love to try the new .3 zombies, I miss 1.8.1 :(

Hey con! It's 1.8.3 now. I updated it this afternoon and you should be able to get on. Try to disable cba and JSRS if you are running them as I haven't had the time to make an exception for them in the Battleye filters just yet. I saw over 45 players online earlier so it seems to be workin' ;)

Question to community:

Some players are complaining about low fps whilst others say it increased and I cant seem to reproduce it myself. Any clues?

I've set the blood thingy to partial effect, Is it safe would you say to run it on 3 for both effects now? I know there were some issues with having them both enabled earlier.

Thanks!

Edited by vinyljunkie

I noticed pitch black darkness already at 19:00 in-game time. I know some of this has changed since last patch when it got dark at 20:00.

When does dusk and dawn occur now in 1.8.3 in-game time?

Cheers.

Hey Geryon! Yes finally.. It's not in my hands since i am renting a game server from vilayer. They promised me they will be faster providing the latest patch next time though,

Ah gotcha, glad you are on the latest version.  We need to keep vanilla alive and healthy.  Looking to see how well your first person only Fridays go.  I know there are players who want it but so far whenever  I've had a server with first person only hardly anyone has played.  Right now I've placed another server up with first person only, no map waypoints and no death messages.  Hopefully people will try it out.

• Like 1

In my experience, only a few hardcore players want first person only.  That will be an interesting experiment.

I'm just glad that 1.8.3 has breathed new life into the mod and my server population is up.  As a result, I did more tuning to my dedicated server and have now got the CPU clocks up to 4.66GHz.  When running with 50 players, my server FPS was still over 30, so I've increased the slots to 60.  I think I may be able to go as far as 75 or 80 on slots with good performance.  It would be pretty cool to see a vanilla server with that kind of population.

qx7bii.png

Edited by Skydive
  • Like 1

In my experience, only a few hardcore players want first person only.  That will be an interesting experiment.

I'm just glad that 1.8.3 has breathed new life into the mod and my server population is up.  As a result, I did more tuning to my dedicated server and have now got the CPU clocks up to 4.66GHz.  When running with 50 players, my server FPS was still over 30, so I've increased the slots to 60.  I think I may be able to go as far as 75 or 80 on slots with good performance.  It would be pretty cool to see a vanilla server with that kind of population.

qx7bii.png

That is so cool! Way to go.

Ah gotcha, glad you are on the latest version. We need to keep vanilla alive and healthy. Looking to see how well your first person only Fridays go. I know there are players who want it but so far whenever I've had a server with first person only hardly anyone has played. Right now I've placed another server up with first person only, no map waypoints and no death messages. Hopefully people will try it out.

Yeah, so am I trust me.

First-person Friday, yes! I just have to try it as the suggestion came up on our forums. I love the name and I think it's only fair to give it a chance. Hopefully we can do it as an recurring "event". I've had some players asking for first-person so let's see what happens :)

I run the server without waypoints, death messages and cross hairs as I believe they break immersion. We even turned the side chat off :) If our players like first-person I don't know but it will be fun testing it!

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 1

Yeah, so am I trust me.

First-person Friday, yes! I just have to try it as the suggestion came up on our forums. I love the name and I think it's only fair to give it a chance. Hopefully we can do it as an recurring "event". I've had some players asking for first-person so let's see what happens :)

I run the server without waypoints, death messages and cross hairs as I believe they break immersion. We even turned the side chat off :) If our players like first-person I don't know but it will be fun testing it!

Nice vinyljunkie.  Looking forward to hearing how the first person only goes.

• Like 1

I too run without crosshairs, but I still have waypoints and death messages enabled. I've thought about disabling death messages to leave the experience much more suspenseful.

• Like 1

I am really happy to see you server in the top 20's on game tracker Geryon! Frecking awesome!

• Like 1

I noticed pitch black darkness already at 19:00 in-game time. I know some of this has changed since last patch when it got dark at 20:00.

When does dusk and dawn occur now in 1.8.3 in-game time?

Cheers.

Setting full moon nights to false seems to bring 12 hous of daylight and 12 hours of darkness.

Could a developer comment on this please?

Thanks!

I am really happy to see you server in the top 20's on game tracker Geryon! Frecking awesome!

Sadly, actually administrated servers running up2date versions are very rare these days, hence why they jump up to the top almost immediately.

I remember leaving my test-server running for atleast 2 months without monitoring it whilst I was doing other things and it never once restarted - yet people were playing on it.

Same thing with testservers whenever I forget to password them. They usually fill up over night if I don't shut them down.  :huh:

• Like 1

Sadly, actually administrated servers running up2date versions are very rare these days, hence why they jump up to the top almost immediately.

I remember leaving my test-server running for atleast 2 months without monitoring it whilst I was doing other things and it never once restarted - yet people were playing on it.

Same thing with testservers whenever I forget to password them. They usually fill up over night if I don't shut them down.  :huh:

This is good for those few maintained servers.  It weeds out poorly kept servers and keeps a solid server population on the servers that care to have up-to-date populated servers.

qx7bii.png

It would be nice to see this server maxed out. 60 slots is the way to go unless you can run more. It gets really intense at the 60 mark.

Edited by Borges

So I was playing DayZ Mod last night with a group of randoms that turned out to be friendly and at one point on our excursion, it turned to night and it was getting dark. One of them had chemlights and passed them out for us to use so we can see eachother better. It turns out that only the person who threw it worked on them and not for us. Will there be a fix for this?

It would be nice to see this server maxed out. 60 slots is the way to go unless you can run more. It gets really intense at the 60 mark.

I'm just going to go for it.  I've set the slot count to 75.  I'll keep an eye on performance if and when the population gets that high and see if it's practical to have that many players on without negatively impacting player experience.

I'm noticing unlimited sprint and no sway at all in 1.8.3.... :|

Known, because of all the people complaining about the sway. Will be reworked with next patch.

• Like 1

I've noticed that pretty much anywhere on the map you are (even WAY North in the map) you can hear the church bells of Cherno ringing.

Fixed for the next patch somehow the fire had a simulation for church.

Cheers vinyljunkie, it's been fun.  We use to run an Epoch server and it was never as busy as the mod yet effort to admins was much much higher (lots of admin burn out).  Thus I'm a big fan of most of the dayzmod players.  They are such low maintenance that running a server has been fun again.

• Like 1

I'm just going to go for it.  I've set the slot count to 75.  I'll keep an eye on performance if and when the population gets that high and see if it's practical to have that many players on without negatively impacting player experience.

I've seen heavily modified servers with 3 meg mission files that run reasonably well with 75 with 1.8.2.  It looks like you got the specs to run a higher max player count.  Would be interested to see how it goes.