Sign in to follow this  
johnjiggles

Dayz doesn't feel like dayz and heres 2 reasons whyu

First we know the game we know how to survive this cannot be fixed

But what can be fixed is the ambiance so we need our music back it was epicly ambient 

• Like 2

I disagree, actually.  I rather like the silence and empty feeling of the standalone.  It has a more end-of-the-world feeling to it

• Like 11

I disagree, actually.  I rather like the silence and empty feeling of the standalone.  It has a more end-of-the-world feeling to it

It would be good if there where triggers like i open a door and a zombie jumps in and a quick track plays.

• Like 3

It would be good if there where triggers like i open a door and a zombie jumps in and a quick track plays.

or you catch a fish and a jaunty little tune plays.

• Like 5

But what can be fixed is the ambiance so we need our music back it was epicly ambient

I agree, if dayz want to earn its place as horror game sounds and ambient music would be an invaluable tools. However, at this point I don't think game engine can handle basic sounds let alone anything more complex :/ Edited by Mor

We need to have the Benny Hill theme start up when being chased by 2+ zombies

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 9

I thought everyone turned the music off in the mod.  :huh:

I certainly did. Usually had some metal "quietly" playing in it's place.  B)

• Like 3

I'd like that. For those who don't like it, there's always the option to turn the music off. What I do in most cases. As for DayZ, it all depends on my mood and what I intend to do in my play session. I often play music in the background anyway. 28 DayZ/Weeks Later ;)  , Stalker soundtrack, The Last of Us soundtrack and a few others are fantastic tunes to listen with DayZ, in my opinion.

First, we know the game, we know how to survive and this cannot be fixed.

But what can be fixed is the ambiance. So we need our music back as it was epically ambient!

Understood very well what you said, but reads better this way. ^^

I agree fully.. But this will happen when the time is right

I believe that standalone needs to sound more "alone" and with this music its not. That's what separates standalone from other games.

I found the old Ambient tracks a bit intrusive. Great for Single players games, but not so much for multiplayer, when I need to hear footstesps and the environment to survive.

if I do need music though,  I tend to listen to this track, (Metro 2033 theme), as it has an alone, desperate, despair feeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meIdR-qfagE

Edited by o5pr3y
  • Like 1

10/10 goes great with reading the book.

I bet!

I read that book at work, while working nights. Wish I had thought of that when I was reading it.

maybe we can get a compromise. the most people do turn off the music to understand other people much better. But some other people are listen to music in the background... so whats about a menu option to set the style of ambiente music (choose between horror and nostalgic as like as the metro music f.e.). This would be a win-win situation i think. so the people whiche are running around the world arent that bored anymore. because this is an alpha, there is so much potential for content later ... as like as a music player (maybe an ingame walkman). well.. just an opinion

Edited by Balduron

The music goes against the very vision the developers have in mind. I guess you have to wait for mods to include some (mostly horribly misplaced) music ingame. Placing music when and where (or not) is an art that many people underestimate.

More and varied soundeffects and ambience loops would be very much appreciated though.

Edited by surf_polar
  • Like 2

I agree 100%. Besides that I really don't need or want music when I am trying to get in tune with the environment and LISTEN for approaching enemies. and I too like the end of the world feel of the game.

• Like 2

Has the background music really gone?

I didn't notice, I turned it down to zero the first time I played.  Is this like a recent event or something ?

Edited by pilgrim

what can be fixed is the ambiance so we need our music back it was epicly ambient 

I agree, that music definitely made you feel like you were playing as somebody that was losing their sanity and it was quite epic. And anybody that didn't like it had the option to turn it off anyway. They should at least leave it in there to make the game suspenseful for new players

Edit: I remember the first time I played the mod in 2012, which was a night server - the game was very creepy and had a dark atmosphere.

Edited by pjano

Sometimes I like to make a selection of musics to hear while dayz, and imo Silent Hill OST fits it very well if you put it very quietly you know. For example

While the appeal of listening to Three Dog giving me the news no matter how bad it hurts on the radio doesn't sound too bad, I think that silence is golden. We can always play our own music, too.