SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

That's true - and sad, too. Experimental used to be a pretty "easy" experience on the character relations: several character wipes forced everyone to avoid being too attached to weapons and gear. I don't know what happened lately, it's from 0.49 that things go downhill: a lot of mindless aggressive behaviour. Some days ago I decided to simply stay still and stare at a newspawn like me that was punching me to death. For what? He spawned a dozen of meters from me, at the same moment...maybe he was after my rags, or my  battery.

Pretty disconcerting.

Agreed.  To be honest, the primary reason I've played experimental over the last few versions was because of the non-combative "we're both space monkeys in this game together" feeling from other players. An uneasy, but reliable comradery.  After about an hour into 0.51 scrounging for gear, I was in the junk yard north of Novy Sobor and some guy in ghile ran out of the dark and brained me with a sledge.. totally unprovoked.

I'm stoked for vehicles  B)

That red and white sign looked like one of those things that you see outside the old timer barber shops.. took me a second to see it was just a stupid sign..  :( I hope its new gloves though!

Cue people LOSING THEIR MINDS :)

• Like 1

Cue people LOSING THEIR MINDS :)

Amen, exp gonna get super crowded

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I've also learned something. TRUST NO ONE ON EXPERIMENTAL. I don't care how friendly they sound, they want your loot 100% of the time.

That's totally false and just based on your experience. I always opted in experimental every single time there has been an exp build and although yes, I've been killed plenty of times, I've encountered lots of friendly and non-hostile fellas, some I even still play with as of today.

Paranoia just makes you run in circles! :lol: 

• Like 3

Amen, exp gonna get super crowded

Crap. I hadn't even thought of that. Grrr... hopefully I get a chance to play this evening!

• Like 1

Client is available for download now, servers will be up in 2-3 hours.

• Like 1

Client is available for download now, servers will be up in 2-3 hours.

Just enough time for me to leave work and download the update...

...he said as he laughed evilly and rubbed his hands together.

Edited by Tatanko

Experimental update incoming. Suprise. Suprise.

What is your biggest hope? :)

Womens dresses.  B)

Holy shit holy shit ... I knew there was a reason why today was an early day at work , all day I was itching to play dayz and I come home to this ... Just awesome , gonna go get the crew and cause havoc in a few hours .

Edit : great job devs and thanks :) :}

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Got into three servers for this update. 

Crashed to desktop the first time after about a minute. 

Crashed to desktop twice more back to back before the game could even load. 

Just Crashed to desktop again before the countdown could end. 

I'm starting to think that Bohemia was working on the wrong engine for this update...

Edited by Rags
  • Like 1

Went fine for about 2 minutes, loot was actually spawning reasonably well then the CTDs started

Yep right now this experimental is in cluster**** stage LOL. CTD!

Ok, we know, we CTD. Just gonna wait till this is fixed. Let's play minidayz while we wait.  ;) 

Yeah, I get to spawn in but not move before the game crashes now. Also, does everyone else also got all the exp servers showing 0/40 or 0/50 even though they are obviously full or almost full when you join them?

• Like 1

Yeah, I get to spawn in but not move before the game crashes now. Also, does everyone else also got all the exp servers showing 0/40 or 0/50 even though they are obviously full or almost full when you join them?

yup