SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

As I've been saying all along though, your actions don't only affect you... just like real life. Everything you do has consequences, and more often than not those consequences matter for other people as well. If you kill and eat someone, they didn't choose for that to happen -- YOU did. Your actions affected them, and their actions don't matter because you essentially chose for them. The only choice they have in the matter is escaping or killing you if they have the opportunity to do so (i.e. you didn't snipe them from really far away).

Again, don't take this to mean anything against cannibalism... it's just important to consider the far-reaching consequences of your own actions and not assume that they only have an impact on yourself.

that was not my point, i might had trouble trouble explaining myself. i was telling that guy A alway do things that are in his interests and care very little about what guy B thinks of it. consequences that interest people are the consequences that can affect them.

exemple :

Guy A is geared and encounter a freshspawn : killing him or not ? --> noise + chance of getting KO + ammo waste + no reward = no interests to kill him. Guy A don't care about Guy B life and he knows he can have a huge impact on it.

quite off topic, sorry !

• Like 1

You can't eat brains but you still eat the meat which can also carry the disease. Its just less infective than the brain. Also cooking does not completely negate the chances of getting sick as prions are pretty resistant. So an authentic version of Kuru would have a small chance to get it from raw meat and a even smaller but still existing chance when consuming cooked or burned human meat. Consuming meat of people with accute Kuru would have a higher risk of infection (as they have a much higher number of prions inside their body).

I'm with skoms on this one in that using Kuru as the anti-cannibalism disease is just as good as using a made up disease due to the fact that virtually no one actually has Kuru with the last known case being from 2005 in Papua New Guinea. Plus the already mentioned average incubation period of 10-15 years in which there are no symptoms.

If I became a murderous, crazed cannibal starting tomorrow and ate nothing but human for the next several years (or even decades) there's basically no chance that I'd ever contract Kuru. I'd be more likely to eat the flesh of someone who has the similar Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease, but even that is extremely rare, with only about 1 case per million population per year.

Edited by solodude23

"Kuru" is what the people here call it the correct in game name is "brain disease" which can be anything from Kuru to CJD to BSE.

"Kuru" is what the people here call it the correct in game name is "brain disease" which can be anything from Kuru to CJD to BSE.

Or a typical forum poster

Yeah, I guess I just don't like the idea of any prion-related disease being an epidemic considering the difficult of spreading it to begin with. Even mad cow only effected a reported 229 people worldwide since 1996.  Plus, you still can't get it from a non-infected individual so if you eat someone in game and develop symptoms, the individual you ate should also have symptoms of the disease. It's not just created magically by eating a human.

I suppose it adds an interesting dynamic and it doesn't *have* to be realistic, but I prefer the idea of only being able to consume another player if you're starving or something along those lines. I liked that post from Reddit that was posted earlier in this thread. 

Edited by solodude23

All the Web MDs still at it, eh.

I thought this was pretty cool. I was skulking around at night. Putting a light up over here, a light up over there. Heard a few shotgun blasts in the distance at some point, a little later, a Mosin. Get down into the industrial area of Hobo, closing up all the doors in a garage and I hear a deranged giggle. He never came in after me, not sure if he even knew I was there, but there was a flesh eater around that night and I wasn't his dinner. Woot!

• Like 1

Something totally creepy about that run down military base as it is right ? ,,,,,, try going out there at night in the rain and find some ones campfire 3 stories underground  :huh:  lol i still got goosebumps !

6uLl1jx.jpg

Where is this?

I think i am at that point now where it does not matter what they put in experimental anymore, i just can't bring myself to start up the game.

Does that offend you ??

i'm just waiting for the point were you are so disinterested that you stop feeling the need to post about a game you admittedly cant bring yourself to play....which is fine, but why complain if you aren't even going to try it.....guess i could've waited until reading the entire thread  to see if anyone else had the same thought....meh, i'll find out soon enough

• Like 1

I recently held up a bambi in Berezino who tried to attack me and came at me with a sledgehammer. He didnt realize i had a loaded magnum, so i shot him point blank in the chest, killing him instantly. I stripped him down, skinned and quartered him, and roasted his steaks on the fire. Mmmm delicious. This game is geting darker and darker every time I play it (no pun intended)

well...if you want mountain back packs, guns, military loot out the buthole...go to US Northeastern 0-7. In the little millitary base south of NWAF there had to be 50 mountain backpacks and assault rifles, and other miscellanies stuff. 

It's bad enough how rare friendly encounters are in this game, I don't understand how the decision to make a dead human body a food resource is going to encourage cooperation. 

Since they added cannibalism, what can we expect next? Being able to have sex? HAH, talk about all the desperate people coming on this game for a simulator.

I don't know if anybody posted a picture...

zJCJey8.jpg

• Like 6

Oh, also...you do hold it by the grip. 

tY43vbT.jpg?1

• Like 1

Since they added cannibalism, what can we expect next? Being able to have sex? HAH, talk about all the desperate people coming on this game for a simulator.

Hmmm , not sure there's too many cannibals coming on this game to practice ... Lol nor virgins ... I'm gonna eat all you bandits today .

Nice one !

how many slots does it take in the backpack ?

i hope i could make a complete human leather outfit with this cannibal thing ! Clarice, don't hurt the dog !!!

Edited by Zboub le météor

Nice one !

how many slots does it take in the backpack ?

You can't fit this into a backpack. I tried with the widest backpacks I could find.

DE first person experimental is up ! Fill her up boys and set your ping to 0 so you can see it :)

• Like 1

Ok i took this pic a while back , must of lost it in the shuffle I know there are no vehicles in game yet but i'll be dog'gone if that doesn't look like 3 Atv's have made there way acoss a wet field on a chilly morning.

c5rrr0K.jpg

• Like 1

Night game thanks to 24h cycle + Cannibalism feature = Next time I die, I'll probably make an entire run of haunting forests, being a savage cannibal. I'll be armed with a bow, a machete, wearing a Wolf mask and a prison uniform when it comes. Other players will just hear me laughing in the pitch dark night before being hit  (What did I just type ?! ?!  :lol: )

One question & one suggestion for you survivor bros!

• Question: A friend of mine can only play in the evening, does it mean he'll never see day light again in DayZ ? (or some servers allow you to play during the day?)

• Suggestion: War paints and to be able to run completely shirtless would make my savage cannibal run even more glorious ha ha!!!

Thanks for the great patch and keep the game volume up so you don't get caught by the laughing cannibal in the forest!!!

Edited by V0rador
  • Like 2