SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Water wells are fixed. Items are now in various states instead of all being pristine.

I seem to have  a problem with the compass now being inverted. I don't really need it, but facing south shows north instead on the compass...

Edit: I dropped and pickup up the compass again and it was fixed. Curious thing.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 4

Interesting, will keep an eye on here to see what's new, no way i will play it though. Running around in a game has reached a new extreme with dayz, i have not played for a long time and i normally only play exp but this one does not interest me in the slightest for some reason.

Interesting, will keep an eye on here to see what's new, no way i will play it though. Running around in a game has reached a new extreme with dayz, i have not played for a long time and i normally only play exp but this one does not interest me in the slightest for some reason.

We don't even really know what all is in this build yet, so how can you have made a decision already that it doesn't interest you?

• Like 2

Exp servers now have gametime bound to server time, so they have a full 24h cycle. Confirmed by Eugen.

http://imgur.com/VsTI2op

NICE

Interesting. I like it and I don't like it. It's a good idea, but I don't think it was a good idea to start all of them with the same beginning time. What if I can only play in the evening? Am I now relegated to playing entirely in the dark?

• Like 3

Water wells are fixed.

I can confirm this.

Items are now in various states instead of all being pristine.

Yeah thats good, I dont like how it is on stable...everything pristine...I like it dirty :D

Someone knows why there are only night time server? (I love to play at night, I only what to know why? Maybe the lighting? Day/Night-circle? Because I cant see a difference between exp and stable nights) @Chain: thx :thumbsup: :wub:

So far no new items found :)

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 2

I reported it as such, but it still didn't fix the issue for me. I just kept re-downloading it and it repeatedly threw it into quarantine even after identifying it as a false positive. So for the time being I just uninstalled the anti-virus (Avast, btw).

Also now that I have that issue seemingly taken care of, I'm STILL getting the Battleye message. I even verified my cache as instructed.

I initially reported it as a false positive and had to re-download, but on the second go I added the file as an exception on Avast and it downloaded fine. Can't speak on the Battleye issues yet.

Edited by solodude23

is there a list of what they have added/ tweaked for .51?

Changelog? nvm I didn't read

Edited by a_ruttle

We don't even really know what all is in this build yet, so how can you have made a decision already that it doesn't interest you.

I think i am at that point now where it does not matter what they put in experimental anymore, i just can't bring myself to start up the game.

Does that offend you ??

0 zombies.

Plenty of loot though it took a really long time to find a firearm but finally found a repeater (only 6 rounds).

The game seems to be performing well and server stability seems good.

I would also like to add that I too would like to see 1st Person only servers back.

I'm definitely not used to night time but it's definitely fun.

I'm hoping I just had some weird luck with not seeing zombies in close to a 3 hour play session and it's not widespread....

Yeah, my anti-virus quarantined Dayz.exe too. <_<

edit:

MX6F7O8.jpg

Avast, ye scurvy malware!

• Like 2

I think i am at that point now where it does not matter what they put in experimental anymore, i just can't bring myself to start up the game.

Does that offend you ??

Why should it offend him? He, like me, simply couldn't find any logic in your statement, especially where you say "but this one does not interest me in the slightest for some reason" despite not knowing anything about the build. 

At any rate - it doesn't matter much, but I think this thread is best suited for those actually playing the build - rather than those expressing their disinterest.

As for me, I can't wait till I'm done with homework so i can get started.  :D

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Haven't been to NE in a few patches now but seems like the last remaining military building is now gone and has been replaced with that civilian terminal and hangar. Or was it alreasy there the last patch? it's still a bit glitchy and not all the doors you can walk through. And there doesn't appear to be any loot spawning there, but it's a nice place. pretty creepy as well at night.

Old news apparently, nvm. 

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 2

Haven't been to NE in a few patches now but seems like the last remaining military building is now gone and has been replaced with that civilian terminal and hangar. Or was it alreasy there the last patch? it's still a bit glitchy and not all the doors you can walk through but it's a nice place. pretty creepy as well at night.

It was like that for both stable and experimental 0.50, but I'm not sure about 0.49.

• Like 1

So far very stable experience. Didn't crash, only had 1 server restart, found everything I needed (Still looking for a knife or machete, but not very actively... :P ) and gotta say that it's very enjoyable.

ieiihk.jpg

• Like 6