Sign in to follow this  
preacherlr

Is duping back? 0.50

So, In the past 5 hours of gameplay, I've come across 2 groups of people. Dressed exactly the same, With the exact same M4 ( Parts wise ), The same inventory set-up ( Exactly the same ), With 20+ ammo boxes each, using ammo to mark the number of boxes ( Some of the ammo boxes were 10-15 deep ), However instead of infinite mags, they just had, I dunno.. 20+ 60 mags, Each.

On the plus side, They seem to have the mentality of the dupers from before.. Minus the infinite mag. They just hold the trigger and hope you die, And really, really suck at aiming.

To begin with, I thought this could have been because of the persistence issues with the patch, however the number of 60 mags, the exact same guns, the same inventory loadouts and such.. It's got to be duping, Right?

So long as there have been video games...

...there have been people trying to find ways around playing the video game so they can play the video game. 

• Like 1

So long as there have been video games...

...there have been people trying to find ways around playing the video game so they can play the video game. 

Oh, The irony.. But yeah, it kinda defeats the purpose of the game, Even at this stage.. " There's only PvP ", They cry.. But they're too lazy to even gear up to go do said PvP

My biggest hope now is weapon degradation, You want run around firing 1000's of rounds at a few people? Okay, You can.. But your gun's gonna jam, And you have to actually play the game to fix it..

But wait.. They'd just dupe the items needed to repair it.. I haven't thought this through too well, Brb gotta go to the drawing board.

• Like 4

One thing I thought of was a kind of garbage collection process running in the background. 

Not sure of whether or not it'll be possible, but each item of loot has an ID, spawn time and server generated hash for that time, and have the garbage collector check for valid hashes, and remove any invalid items that have been spawned via hack tools or whatnot, and if they are being duplicated then check for duplicate IDs/hash.

Oh, The irony.. But yeah, it kinda defeats the purpose of the game, Even at this stage.. " There's only PvP ", They cry.. But they're too lazy to even gear up to go do said PvP

Bollocks there is I'm growing tomatoes!!!

Can't wait to find hemp seeds.....

Well talking to a friend of mine who plays MMO's a lot and is currently playing Archeage, he's saying there's no duping in that and not all MMO's have duping either so it's fixable - just hope the devs work on that before release.

Its a bug, I've duped a bunch of stuff on accident and its cluttering up my camps. Spending time taking shit out of the area, very annoying.

No, This isn't accidental bug duping.. This is intentional, multiple duping at the same time.. 100's ( Not exaggerating ) Items on a single player.. like 50+ m4 mags, 20 nades, 10 flash bangs, 20 high caps, .... Etc. 

It could be server check delay.

Why don't you make a bug Report then you can sleep at night knowing you have done the right thing.

• Like 4

No, This isn't accidental bug duping.. This is intentional, multiple duping at the same time.. 100's ( Not exaggerating ) Items on a single player.. like 50+ m4 mags, 20 nades, 10 flash bangs, 20 high caps, .... Etc. 

I think he just meant that it's an exploitable bug so these dupers have found a way to do this effectively.

It could be server check delay.

Why don't you make a bug Report then you can sleep at night knowing you have done the right thing.

Been there, Done that. ;)

There is some kind of dup bug out there because I managed to do it to an entire backpack by accient at my camp. I don't know the steps to reproduce it, but I was just messing around trying to organize inventory in backpacks on the ground and suddenly "wtf... why do I already have this in my hands when the identical thing is on the ground"....

Sure enough both were intact and usable. First time I've seen it in person. I'm sure it would be easy to reproduce unfortunately.

Hello there

At the moment the devs are still stripping the "ship" that is the code. Everytime they fix one hole, they will see another thats still letting "water" in. There will be not one single "fix all exploits" patch, its a constant ongoing process.

Also, as they are still welding on bits of superstructure and attaching new hull space, expect new holes to turn up.

Only when the game is launched will we see the game in a seaworthy condition and there may well be a couple of dribbles still coming onboard.

Right, I need to get my sea men ready.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Do you have any video evidence of said duping? I'm not saying you're lieing but I would like to see this for myself. 

Do you have any video evidence of said duping? I'm not saying you're lieing but I would like to see this for myself. 

If he has, he might not show it here.

No, I have a couple screen shots, But I don't really see the need in posting them as quiet a few others have said that it's back.

I wasn't 100% sure, and wanted to see.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539632276028095291/7C52AA6658F847CC6C21D652B17596F14BA5BB07/

Pretty sure when you find that, means that dupers are back. Not to mention the M4s there (the one in my inventory and then one in my friends hands in the top left) and all those 60 mags (there's more in the upper parts of my inventory), and the ammo box (I actually got two off of these guys, ones just in a protector case.) There was also a group the day before, exact same M4s, exact same backpack lay out, ammo boxes with protector cases, with grenades, ammo boxes and etc etc etc, all in high caps, in high caps, in high caps, in high caps. (Don't worry though guys, duping with protector cases still doesn't work and neither does duping with high caps, thank-god.)

[Also, if you look REALLY hard, in the bottom right corner you can see the sexy Preach]

He's saying the duping is a bug, confirming it's existance, because he has discovered it accidentally.  I am certain he is not claiming the M4-toting dupeplayers in the OP just magically all had the same gear by accident. 

• Like 1

He's saying the duping is a bug, confirming it's existance, because he has discovered it accidentally.  I am certain he is not claiming the M4-toting dupeplayers in the OP just magically all had the same gear by accident. 

Yeah, Figured it out afterwards, Did this post after being awake for quiet awhile and did the responses even later after that.

Misread on my behalf, Sorry Weyland.

• Like 1