Sign in to follow this  
trev186

are duping and hack issues fixed ?

So bac before the big wipe around .49 whih was supposed to stop a lot of cheating I took a break from the game.

Curious if there are still people finding exploits to dupe items and or hack the game.

I quit due to frustrations of having a character wiped whom I had kpt alive for several months due to people cheating.

Dont wanna start playing again if the issue is still rampant

• Like 2

shh, you're not supposed to talk about it.

No, we're just tired of people saying OMG HACK DO SOMETHING!

To answer his question, Hacking's never gonna go away, it might lessen somewhat, and become more difficult, but will never go away.  If you're gonna let hackers ruin your game they've won.  Private Shards are coming out, I'd say find one with a whitelist that you like so you can play with a lesser chance of hackers.

• Like 4

I haven't played in a while myself, I'm curious if duping is still rampant?  I don't ever think it's gonna be gone, but their fixes make any impact or do you still find guys with boxes of grenades and other stuff?

Did the wipe at least put an end to infinite ammo mags?

There are at least 2 ways to dupe items in 49 patch. I already reported one of them (cause not sure about the steps of the other way). And it is pretty easy to so. And hackers, well, I doubt devs are even working on the fixes right now.

Haven't seen any hacks (That I was aware of), not have I ever seen something that seems like duping (Of course I could be wrong), the only thing I've ever seen was infinite ammo mags back before .49, other than that I've never had issues :P Yay me!

Thanks for the answer...ill extend my break.

No sense starting up to be wiped again

No, we're just tired of people saying OMG HACK DO SOMETHING!

To answer his question, Hacking's never gonna go away, it might lessen somewhat, and become more difficult, but will never go away.  If you're gonna let hackers ruin your game they've won.  Private Shards are coming out, I'd say find one with a whitelist that you like so you can play with a lesser chance of hackers.

Less concerned with the hacking and more concerned with my game play being disrupted by MANDATORY WIPE to supposedly fix hackers and dupers which does neither.

My play style is survive as long as possible and having a character wipes just means ill wait til beta or full release.

Not complaining as I know that one of the cardinal rules is to expect that sorta thing cause this is alpha.

Just testing the waters.

• Like 2

inb4 devs covering their ears and going "LALALALALA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU"

• Like 1

Cheating douchebaggery is an unfortunate pay of multiplayer gaming. The anti-cheat people do their best, but as with any cheat/anticheat battle, they're anyways catching up to the shitheads.

Fortunately, it's still fairly uncommon. I've only encountered one confirmed cheater. I left the server right away.

There's people glitching but never heard of any kind of hacking since the game is developed in the same way of a MMO like WoW the game is very hard to hack near impossible.

There's people glitching but never heard of any kind of hacking since the game is developed in the same way of a MMO like WoW the game is very hard to hack near impossible.

You're a good troll.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

At least some sense have to write here? Have many times asked the developers to make so that the screen displays the murder. as in all games. Player 1 Player 2 killed .. Not really so difficult? For admins it would be a big help. Cheaters on my server just insolent, and we can not remove them, because we can not determine their name.

At least some sense have to write here? Have many times asked the developers to make so that the screen displays the murder. as in all games. Player 1 Player 2 killed .. Not really so difficult? For admins it would be a big help. Cheaters on my server just insolent, and we can not remove them, because we can not determine their name.

The second a server admin gets access to anything is the second the hackers get access to the same thing.

Duping is still in. Hacking is worse. Hacking in a permadeath game ruins it for me. No motivation to continue playing on Stable. I only log in once every couple of weeks to check out Experimental and find out if ANY of the main problems with the game are fixed (fps, latency/desync, zombies in general, character movement, hotbar actions, non-local sounds, etc.)

• Like 1

It seems that the cheaters will always be. And that means you need to fight them with their own weapons. I believe that it is necessary to create a program - only the system administrator of the server. This program will show him all the players on the map, to celebrate the people who use cheats. How? simply. Because cheaters also know when to see on the map cheaters. Chit shows it to them. And administrators will decide, define cheater over IP, kick or ban it. Easy.

Sadly this isn't true. The game is built more like a first person shooter's multiplayer mode, which makes it a lot easier to hack. Without significant changes to the game engine and client/server architecture hacking will remain.

The people that come up with these hacks are intelligent people that are making a living from designing hacking software. For many of them it's how they put food on their table, so they won't stop doing it.

When you're killed by a hacker, it's very unlikely you've been killed by this intelligent hacker. You've been killed by some pathetic kid that has paid the $15 for the software (plus the free spyware/malware that they didn't know came with it :P), and is now running around through walls killing everyone they come across, thinking it makes them elite.

These are a pathetic breed of gamer, that lack any actual skill in games and prefer to cheat. They're boring and dull people that have few real friends, no girlfriend, and worry their parents.

It's unlikely you can stop the hackers from making hacks. If I were Bohemia I would recruit the best hackers onto staff, and then flood the internet with fake hacking software that doesn't do anything other than report the downloaders steam accounts for an instant ban. 

• Like 1

If I were Bohemia I would recruit the best hackers onto staff, and then flood the internet with fake hacking software that doesn't do anything other than report the downloaders steam accounts for an instant ban. 

Please, God, yes.

I think I duped something by accident at the weekend. I won't say what it was or how, but was surprised.

Hacking is rampant right now, to the point of our group just KoSing everyone because a hacker will eventually kill us.

Last night a hacker sniped all 6 people with a shotgun from across AF. They also had a guy teleport up to them and kill them in another instance.

This is my biggest gripe with the "great wipe". There was nothing done to prevent professional hacks..... the wipe only deleted the many cloned hacked infinite magazines. Although I think they did make it harder to dupe. But how lame is it that people who can just pay for professionally made hacks were not hurt at all by the character wipe. Only players who do not pay for hacks were hurt by the wipe.

Does no one else see the irony?

Edited by danceswithzeds

.... the wipe only deleted the many cloned hacked infinite magazines.

Because this was the wipes sole purpose? They fixed the 4 major duping techniques that have been known with the introducion of 0.49 stable, so they wiped the database to get rid of all duped items present at this point. Noone ever mentioned the wipe would fix hacking.

Because this was the wipes sole purpose? They fixed the 4 major duping techniques that have been known with the introducion of 0.49 stable, so they wiped the database to get rid of all duped items present at this point. Noone ever mentioned the wipe would fix hacking.

If that was the main purpose then there was a shit load of misinformation being spread around. If I remember correctly there were statements from the dev team that something like "we want to address hacking and duping first BEFORE we do the wipe so it's more effective".

It was somthing like that. But they didn't so anything at all to prevent active hacking from working. All they did was the wipe and make it a little harder for people who only purchase one copy of the game to dupe.

But people who purchase multiple copies of DayZ so that they can keep using paid hacks????? Those sons of bitches are still able to hack their asses off.

So I say again, the wipe was lame in my opinion.