Max Planck

Permadeath? This is permadeath!

Ya.... good way to grief newbies and bambis............  New to the game, spawn in, get killed by a duper, can't play any more.......

Everybody dies in DayZ.

He's just looking for :beans:

I logged in with my character since the wipe, on top of a hill in the middle of woods and I was just crouched down, not moving then 10 seconds later....

"You are dead"

Edited by Jexter

Amazing idea overall, I would be up for it with a weeks timer in between upon a reasonable death. There are to many exigent circumstances at hand to really dish out for the rest of my DayZ career.

I like playing too much to try perma-permadeath. I actually ran into a group of people a few days ago who like starting as bambis each time they play and were giving all their gear away and asking to be killed before they logged out. DayZ is cool in that there are so many different ways to go about surviving in Chernarus with various emphasis on either trying to live or taking risks for added fun.

• Like 1

It's nice to set yourself some goals in this open world apocalypse game, without any storyline or objectives to follow, but this is just a bit too much.

He's gonna miss a lot of things by stopping playing a game still in alpha, still being developed...

We should never take it to this level of seriousness, it's not even a complete game yet.

Oh well, to each his own way to have fun I guess.

Do you guys like whipping yourselves with scourges every time you die or something? I would never agree to a scheme that limited my play in a game I bought.

Do you guys like whipping yourselves with scourges every time you die or something?

No, at least I don't. Can't speak for the others, there might be one or two...

I would never agree to a scheme that limited my play in a game I bought.

The game is what we make of it, and some of us thinks that self-imposed difficulties like this would make it better. It has nothing to do with masochism, it has to do with trying to shape the experience and getting exactly what we are seeking out of it. It's about getting value for our purchase, one could say.

The point is not to limit, but to enhance the experience.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 4

By all means if some people want this I hope there are servers to 'serve' your needs when DayZ goes live. I'm just saying it should not be a core feature.

By all means if some people want this I hope there are servers to 'serve' your needs when DayZ goes live. I'm just saying it should not be a core feature.

Nobody is saying it should be a core feature...

We are talking about special servers. We are talking about a personal choice.

If you didn't read the article or the comment in this thread, please don't comment.

Do you guys like whipping yourselves with scourges every time you die or something? I would never agree to a scheme that limited my play in a game I bought.

You know the game limits your play now? Open your mind and you will see you play in a game with rules and programming.

Anyways, as many have said, its probably too late too add such game changing core feature... just like its probably too late to add starships. It doesnt change the discussion as it COULD have been an amazing feature for a survival game.

tldr : calm yo titties

Seems like most people decided not to play again, he just had a more interesting excuse.

Nobody is saying it should be a core feature...

We are talking about special servers. We are talking about a personal choice.

If you didn't read the article or the comment in this thread, please don't comment.

With all due respect I will comment on any story I please, without insults or trolling people. Thanks.

Seems like most people decided not to play again, he just had a more interesting excuse.

:) well he is a reviewer, they don't delve too much into most games they cover.

Overall this single play-through style seems silly to me, you can't fully appreciate the game this way. However, it might be an interesting twist for more experienced players. For example something like the "arena/last-man-standing" mod for DayZ (I can't recall the actual name), where any who joined the server had one life until restart. That was mod was made as deathmatch mode, but I can how some people might want something like that in regular gameplay, as a matter of extreme realism e.g. on RP servers.

Edited by Mor

Hello there

Link the game up to your significant other via some test/email.

If I die I promise to do x,y or z

Eg if you die you do chores.

Or if you are feeling cash fluid, everytime you die you donate 1,5,10,100 etc units of currency to your favourite charity. HAve it linked in to your paypal.

The options are endless.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

one month ban all players upon death. Its the only way.

You guys are pussies if you disagree with this hardcore-ness of dayz.

Eg if you die you do chores.

Now that's masochism.

Or maybe it's a really sneaky way to procrastinate.

"I swear honey, I'll do the dishes when I die!"

• Like 1

I dont like a game i paid for forcing me not to play it.... while time is fast today and seems so limited sometimes already....

It's not exactly an issue considering the number of servers you could join if you died, but I can understand your sentiment.

I read OP and skipped to reply so if this has been brought up.. my bad, I just dont have the time to read it all right now..

There should be a server eventually, and if possible at all, that locks you out for say 24 hours or more when you die. No respawn.. just a death screen and the only way to get right back in would be to have several accounts you paid for.. each whitelisted, etc.. and not worth it to 99% of the player base. Permadeath in a sense, but at least you get to play the game again.. if the server was really good, had a great community, it would make the user want to go back and might work to some degree. Id play it.. sounds fun. Would up the tension quite a bit.. 

• Like 3

Would be great for him to have his adventure end by falling through the floor. Realistic adventure over.

Now that's masochism.

Or maybe it's a really sneaky way to procrastinate.

"I swear honey, I'll do the dishes when I die!"

Git gud or git scrubbin'!

• Like 2

I think this is lame. How is DayZ any more hardcore than any other [survival] game? There is no permanent death... when you die, you start over, like every other game in the universe.

But yeah, totally brave. I laughed.

• Like 1

I think this is lame. How is DayZ any more hardcore than any other [survival] game?

Who said it was?

There is no permanent death... when you die, you start over, like every other game in the universe.

Except for the guy in the article, that was the whole point of it.

But yeah, totally brave. I laughed.

So, it is not for you then. Good for you, have fun however you choose to play.

this is all a crock of shit WarZ tried this and all it did was lead to more people trying to justify there cheating and it was only a 1 hour lock out ...when first proposed i recall it was a 24hr lock out on that character which is what the community asked for and the penalty did nothing at all to curb KoS ...