OptimumVision

Well, I combat logged.

dude if you suspect someone is "hacking" then you should be doing everything in your character's power to collect that evidence like take some screen shots or recordings (try and get the player list in one of your screens as I am sure that will help) and report the bastards to the mods here on the forum, if you are just gonna combat log when this happens you are only passing the problem along to the rest of the community - gee thanks.

again with the trolls bizniz, wtf is a troll other than some annoying prick that pisses you off in the game?? combat logging in that situation is still combat logging - kill the bastard if you can and if you can't, die like an adult.

This post turned me on.

6/9, would fap again.

• Like 1

combat logging = cowardly move

How is a fresh spawn a coward?  A fresh spawn has nothing to lose, so there's nothing to be "afraid" of. If you joined a Call of Duty match with a bunch of stupid little kids who aren't taking the game seriously, I bet you'd quit and join a different game. And if you did, that wouldn't make you a "coward" just because you didn't want to waste your time in a match with immature idiots. 

Also, there is nothing cowardly about combat logging when you're held up by a bunch of teenage kids who think it's funny to pretend to rape you. Then they come here, perhaps to this thread, and throw a fit that someone combat logged on them, and how "cowardly" it is to combat log, as if preaching against combat logging makes them more of a man. Well, if they don't want people to log off on them, maybe they should play with a little maturity or just play a different game altogether. 

I seriously don't understand why some of you don't comprehend this? Being a coward is when you're looting a military barracks and begin to take on fire, so you log off. Yeah, THAT'S cowardly. But seriously guys? 

I actually died the other week because I refused to combat log...lol.  I was in a police station (I forget which one) and the entire building just totally glitched out and I was floating in midair.  I couldn't see anything inside the building, but could see everything outside the building.  I see a freshspawn come in what I assumed to be the front door..It was.  He came up the stairs, so I pulled out my mosin and tried to tell him I was friendly.  He immediately ran back down the stairs and left.  A minute or two later, he came back up and I knew what was coming.  He punched me once, so I shot him in the chest, yet somehow he didn't die.  I got knocked out and died a few seconds later.  I could have left and I knew he would come back, but I wanted to duel it out, glitched or not.  Long passed are the days where I actually care about my character.  These days I log on, grab a coat and melee weapon and run straight to the first major city to find people to either roll with, or try to knock out, depending on their reactions to me.

This post turned me on.

6/9, would fap again.

such an honor ;)

How is a fresh spawn a coward?  A fresh spawn has nothing to lose, so there's nothing to be "afraid" of. If you joined a Call of Duty match with a bunch of stupid little kids who aren't taking the game seriously, I bet you'd quit and join a different game. And if you did, that wouldn't make you a "coward" just because you didn't want to waste your time in a match with immature idiots. 

Also, there is nothing cowardly about combat logging when you're held up by a bunch of teenage kids who think it's funny to pretend to rape you. Then they come here, perhaps to this thread, and throw a fit that someone combat logged on them, and how "cowardly" it is to combat log, as if preaching against combat logging makes them more of a man. Well, if they don't want people to log off on them, maybe they should play with a little maturity or just play a different game altogether. 

I seriously don't understand why some of you don't comprehend this? Being a coward is when you're looting a military barracks and begin to take on fire, so you log off. Yeah, THAT'S cowardly. But seriously guys? 

Seriously are you 12?? are you in control of all your mental faculties??? So if your a fresh spawn and have nothing to loose why log? Why not  charge the guy trying to shoot you, maybe you knock them out maybe you die but you have lost nothing.

Or you could run the thrill of bullets wizzing past you ,ya know try to survive in a survival game novel idea isn't it actually playing trying to survive......

If you get the sickos who like to talk shit when they have held you up (the whole rape thing and any thing else you find offensive) turn your audio off and do everything you can to escape or kill them , likely outcome you will die very quickly but if you were unlucky enough ( or usually bad enough at playing ) to have gotten caught in a situation like that your going to die anyway so nothing lost there.

Really you have come out with some rather non logical bull to justify combat logging and there is no reason to ... Sure it sucks people shoot at fresh spawns but thats allowed in the game, there playing the game , they may not  be playing it the way you like but its allowed.

As its already been stated devs have made steps to stop combat logging (thats the reason there is a log out time where your character stays in game after you have left ) its not there intent for you to log out cause your special little johnny and your mummy told if you cant play nice dont play at all..

People being assholes is allowed hell some might say it is catered for why do they have things like putting bags over peoples heads force feeding if they didn't intend to allow for people to play the evil side of humanity (its not how i like to play but its available and people seem to like doing it.)

Really if you feel  the need to combat log maybe you need to log out long term ,perhaps return when your mature enough to handle dying because at the end of the day it is just a game there only killing pixels on a screen the bum hurt emotions are all yours....

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Don't forget that people need to hone their skills. It's not like you get a lot of opportunity so for a kos'er, any player is target practice. I'd take the moving ones as you can use zombies for static practice.

I actually had this conversation with my stepson (consummate gamer by the way) last night. AI animations don't draw after a certain distance (somewhere around 600 meters I think) but player animations do which is the reason I will occasionally pop a shot or two at the unsuspecting player when I catch one at that range. for an example... I was well north on the map and hunting my dinner when I spot a deer in the distance I judged my shot around 700 meters, the deer was frozen in place but I took the shot none the less and nothing changed so I advanced a bit and ranged in closer and took another shot, again nothing. I called a little BS on this and I ran right up to the deer, still frozen in place, dead as a door nail but still standing. I got the "skin and quarter" option once I was in reach and prepped my dinner. I have noticed that the AI will animate in the presence of another player regardless of the distance (if I can see em I can kill em), in these circumstances I will often shoot the zed and spare the player, yer welcome, stranger.

anyway the point to all of those words up there is, sometimes you just have to hunt the unsuspecting to get your practice on a moving target. now if someone would kindly point me to a video setting I can adjust that's better than "very high" to provide for those AI animations at distance I will happily stop shooting at so many of you.

• Like 3

Really if you feel  the need to combat log maybe you need to log out long term ,perhaps return when your mature enough to handle dying because at the end of the day it is just a game there only killing pixels on a screen the bum hurt emotions are all yours....

This can go both ways, buddy. Maybe you should log off and perhaps return when you're mature enough to not throw a temper tantrum when someone logs off because they didn't want to waste their time playing on a server with a bunch of immature children. Because at the end of the day it is just a game. They're only pixels on a screen. The bum hurt emotions are all yours....

• Like 2

This can go both ways, buddy. Maybe you should log off and perhaps return when you're mature enough to not throw a temper tantrum when someone logs off because they didn't want to waste their time playing on a server with a bunch of immature children. Because at the end of the day it is just a game. They're only pixels on a screen. The bum hurt emotions are all yours....

You've just supported throwing every single game ever made when you're about to lose. Imagine walking out of a game of tennis.

Edited by Jexter
  • Like 2

You've just supported throwing every single game ever made when you're about to lose. Imagine walking out of a game of tennis.

If every volley my opponent would purposely hit the tennis ball as high into the air as possible because he thought it was hilarious to see how far he can hit the ball, yeah, I'd walk out and join a match somewhere else with someone who actually wants to play tennis seriously and not act immaturely. Is my opponent "allowed" to play tennis that way, even though it ensures he loses the game? Well sure, if that's his "play style", he can play tennis however he wants to. But I don't have to play with him. Geeze, sometimes I think you're purposely trying NOT to understand. 

If every volley my opponent would purposely hit the tennis ball as high into the air as possible because he thought it was hilarious to see how far he can hit the ball, yeah, I'd walk out and join a match somewhere else with someone who actually wants to play tennis seriously and not act immaturely. Is my opponent "allowed" to play tennis that way, even though it ensures he loses the game? Well sure, if that's his "play style", he can play tennis however he wants to. But I don't have to play with him. Geeze, sometimes I think you're purposely trying NOT to understand. 

the argument you put forth coupled with how you've defined what you consider "trolling" would be something more analogous to "when my opponent hits the ball in a fashion i deem as trolling" aka "whenever i want"

STOP TROLLING ME AT CHECKERS I QUIT

• Like 2

I dont throw a temper tantrum when people combat log because i dont play a KoS style i play to survive so if they log i am fine with it ( most likely i didnt initiate the combat in the first place), there is no kill death ratio so if i get the kill or dont matters ZERO, only that i walk or run as the case maybe away alive. SO we back to you being the only bum hurt person again, it ok specially little johnny your mummy still loves you ..

You can keep talking your lame shit but at the end of the day all it does is speak volumes to the strength of your moral character which is very weak i really hope your young very young because if your an adult with such weak character man what a shame..

I dont throw a temper tantrum when people combat log because i dont play a KoS style i play to survive so if they log i am fine with it ( most likely i didnt initiate the combat in the first place), there is no kill death ratio so if i get the kill or dont matters ZERO, only that i walk or run as the case maybe away alive. SO we back to you being the only bum hurt person again, it ok specially little johnny your mummy still loves you ..

You can keep talking your lame shit but at the end of the day all it does is speak volumes to the strength of your moral character which is very weak i really hope your young very young because if your an adult with such weak character man what a shame..

Awwww look at you, so manly and macho. Gosh you're adorable. 

You can keep talking your lame shit

Best rebuttal I've ever seen...so full of intelligent framework and clever refutation. Finally, after so many pages, this is what convinced me. *applause*

Awwww look at you, so manly and macho. Gosh you're adorable. 

Best rebuttal I've ever seen...so full of intelligent framework and clever refutation. Finally, after so many pages, this is what convinced me. *applause*

Ah where was your rebuttal of all my points oh thats right you didnt have any just a twerpy oh you can leave if your going to throw temper tantrums at people combat logging( which as i pointed out i dont)

Pathetic mate try standing to your own ideals or do you need to be  hypercritical to go with just being of plain weak character.

But hey thanks for the compliment i am rather manly (well atleast my wife thinks so personally i think i am a hairy gorilla but thats for another topic.)

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

the argument you put forth coupled with how you've defined what you consider "trolling" would be something more analogous to "when my opponent hits the ball in a fashion i deem as trolling" aka "whenever i want"

You're exactly right.

I've played the game of golf nearly my entire life, and played at a career level for some time before being diagnosed with a medical condition that no longer enabled me to play. Using golf as an illustration, if my fellow player purposely hit their ball into a pond just to see how many times they could make it skip because it made their friends giggle with laughter, I would personally make the decision that that was behavior that I was not required to put up with. I enjoyed a competition, and although they have every right to score a tipple bogey on every hole just to see how high of a score they could get, I also have every right not to waste my time with them. 

Every player, regardless of what game they're playing, has the right to deem for themselves who they do or do not want to play with. For anyone to say otherwise is just arrogant. If a player doesn't want to play with someone who's bored and wants to kill fresh spawns, then they don't have to. If a player doesn't want to play with a bunch of children who think it's hilarious to handcuff them and pretend to rape them, then they don't have to. That's got nothing to do with being a "coward," and those of you who think so need to by a dictionary.

Yes, KoSing is a "play style" and acting vulgarly is also a "play style," but there's not a single player who is obligated to put up with that immature nonsense. You don't get to tell someone to stick around and let you waste their time by hitting that tennis ball like a homerun, or hitting that golf ball across a pond for no other reason than to be a troll. 

Ah where was your rebuttal of all my points oh thats right you didnt have any just a twerpy oh you can leave if your going to throw temper tantrums at people combat logging( which as i pointed out i dont)

Pathetic mate try standing to your own ideals or do you need to be  hypercritical to go with just being of plain weak character.

But hey thanks for the compliment i am rather manly (well atleast my wife thinks so personally i think i am a hairy gorilla but thats for another topic.)

There was no point to your post at all. You defended bambi-KoS'ers, so regardless of whether you personally do that, you completely lost sight of the context...and then followed it up with some more typical macho speech: "SO we back to you being the only bum hurt person again, it ok specially little johnny your mummy still loves you ."

Which was really the predominant point of your entire post, and you know it. You're macho, I'm not. I get it.

Btw, no one cares what your wife thinks about you, or that you're hairy. Are you really that desperate for reinforcement?

Edit: on a final note, please use punctuation in your posts. It's really not that difficult. 

Edited by Chepaco

You're exactly right.

I've played the game of golf nearly my entire life, and played at a career level for some time before being diagnosed with a medical condition that no longer enabled me to play. Using golf as an illustration, if my fellow player purposely hit their ball into a pond just to see how many times they could make it skip because it made their friends giggle with laughter, I would personally make the decision that that was behavior that I was not required to put up with. I enjoyed a competition, and although they have every right to score a tipple bogey on every hole just to see how high of a score they could get, I also have every right not to waste my time with them. 

Every player, regardless of what game they're playing, has the right to deem for themselves who they do or do not want to play with. For anyone to say otherwise is just arrogant. If a player doesn't want to play with someone who's bored and wants to kill fresh spawns, then they don't have to. If a player doesn't want to play with a bunch of children who think it's hilarious to handcuff them and pretend to rape them, then they don't have to. That's got nothing to do with being a "coward," and those of you who think so need to by a dictionary.

Yes, KoSing is a "play style" and acting vulgarly is also a "play style," but there's not a single player who is obligated to put up with that immature nonsense. You don't get to tell someone to stick around and let you waste their time by hitting that tennis ball like a homerun, or hitting that golf ball across a pond for no other reason than to be a troll. 

Finally something semi rational....

Problem with the logic here though is golf and Dayz are very different games. One has a certain code of ethics a dress standard and is to be played USUALLY fairly seriously the other is a video game which as pointed out has actively had mechanics put in it to allow people to do evil stuff to you ( why did they put handcuffing in or bagging peoples heads and force feeding them if they didnt allow or by extension even intend for assholes to play happily in a griefing manner??Again not my cup of tea but its there for a reason..

Again for those who use voice chat to demean you  it is a simple matter of turn volume off and then taking your death as death is i am afraid a part of playing this game..

Now combat logging is against the intended methods of playing the game hence why the devs put in the log out timer for your body so you couldnt cheat death as easily by doing it, so you are in effect breaking one of the very few rules of the game as outlined in the devs intentions. What happens at a nice golf club when you break the rules???? They ask you politely to leave ( or less than politely depending on how severe you break the rules.

So at the end of the day you have to ask yourself are you playing the right game for you ?? KoS is always going to be there people are going to be assholes its what people do, and at the end of the day your going to continue to break the rules of the game ( in what really  amounts to exploiting granted at a fairly low level its not like your duping or actively seeking to ruin the game but you are doing an action unintended by the devs, when people are doing to you what actually is intended and catered for by the devs(minus the verbal abuse).

• Like 1

Nope we're talking about people who are playing the game legit. In your example that would be your opponent serving too fast and you throwing a screaming fit.

• Like 2

Problem with the logic here though is golf and Dayz are very different games. 

But they're BOTH games, they BOTH involve people, and they BOTH give each player the right to deem for themselves who they want to play with. 

I don't care how much you scream "well the devs did such and such, so therefore it's illegal to combat log," no one can force anyone to put up with a bunch of childish individuals just because they happened to log in to a server overrun with them.  

Nope we're talking about people who are playing the game legit.

There's nothing illegitimate about constantly hitting the tennis ball 200yds away instead of returning it to your opponent. I mean, you'll no doubt lose, but no where in the rule book does it say that a tennis player can't do that. It's a totally legitimate play style even though it serves absolutely no beneficial purpose to you, just like bambi-kosing. 

But they're BOTH games, they BOTH involve people, and they BOTH give each player the right to deem for themselves who they want to play with. 

I don't care how much you scream "well the devs did such and such, so therefore it's illegal to combat log," no one can force anyone to put up with a bunch of childish individuals just because they happened to log in to a server overrun with them.  

I can understand that but your going to run into them on pretty much every server (maybe when private hives come in you may find what your looking for). They may be playing like assholes but they are playing how they are allowed to ( no i don't like bambi  killing but it isn't against the rules ,you cant kick players for doing it in a public server.

Put it this way you dont like getting punched in the face yes??? well if you dont like getting punched in the face you dont go into the sport of boxing. If you do enter a boxing match and you jump out of the ring to not be punched your disqualified...( you dont want to be griefed or KoSed probably best not to play Dayz OR BECOME MORE STEALTHY so people dont see you to do evil stuff to you.......

So again ask yourself are you playing the right game for you ?? maybe its better to not play until private hives come along then you might find a server that caters more to your play style( i always prefered well run private hives but that was a personal choice of mine).Or again get better at the game so you not encountering people to kill you..

You are probably a really nice guy/lady in real life, but as far as the game Dayz goes what people are doing to you is allowed , what your doing is not if this was golf your the asshole who plays through on someone elses hole with no asking no calling 4 when playing his shot and pretty much just not giving a fuck, and saying well i pay my membership fees ill play how i like...

• Like 3

Put it this way you dont like getting punched in the face yes??? well if you dont like getting punched in the face you dont go into the sport of boxing.

/thread

well put

• Like 2

but there's not a single player who is obligated to put up with that immature nonsense. You don't get to tell someone to stick around and let you waste their time by hitting that tennis ball like a homerun, or hitting that golf ball across a pond for no other reason than to be a troll. 

I can't believe you're still here defending your faggy "play style". KoS is a proper way of playing the game, not "immature nonsense". Your comparisons are total shit son.

DayZ is obviously too much for a coward like you...

I can understand that but your going to run into them on pretty much every server (maybe when private hives come in you may find what your looking for). They may be playing like assholes but they are playing how they are allowed to ( no i don't like bambi  killing but it isn't against the rules ,you cant kick players for doing it in a public server.

Put it this way you dont like getting punched in the face yes??? well if you dont like getting punched in the face you dont go into the sport of boxing. If you do enter a boxing match and you jump out of the ring to not be punched your disqualified...( you dont want to be griefed or KoSed probably best not to play Dayz OR BECOME MORE STEALTHY so people dont see you to do evil stuff to you.......

So again ask yourself are you playing the right game for you ?? maybe its better to not play until private hives come along then you might find a server that caters more to your play style( i always prefered well run private hives but that was a personal choice of mine).Or again get better at the game so you not encountering people to kill you..

You are probably a really nice guy/lady in real life, but as far as the game Dayz goes what people are doing to you is allowed , what your doing is not if this was golf your the asshole who plays through on someone elses hole with no asking no calling 4 when playing his shot and pretty much just not giving a fuck, and saying well i pay my membership fees ill play how i like...

Dude, I know they're playing how they are allowed to. I've never said otherwise. But the opposite side of the coin is true, in that I get to play the way I want to as well. And if ANYONE doesn't want to play with bambi-KoS'ers or immature kids who think anything to do with sex is hilarious, then they don't have to play along. For you to say otherwise is just arrogant, imo. 

Just like with the whole tennis/golf analogy. When I used to play at the clubs where I was a member, at the turn (9th/10th hole) a lot of guys would go drop a $100 on their favorite high-priced drink, and then by the 14th hole they'd be drunk out of their mind and start goofing off like they're back in their frat-boy days. I can't tell you how many times I walked away, because that's not the kind of golf that I enjoy or appreciate. Are the allowed to goof off and act stupid so long as they don't violate the country club's rules? Well sure. But I'm not obligated to participate. 

• Like 1

I can't believe you're still here defending your faggy "play style". KoS is a proper way of playing the game, not "immature nonsense". Your comparisons are total shit son.

DayZ is obviously too much for a coward like you...

You're cute. 

So again ask yourself are you playing the right game for you ?? 

That's like saying "if you don't like playing with drunk idiots on the golf course, maybe this isn't the right game for you." No, I just don't want to play with drunk idiots.

If you don't like people combat logging against immaturity, maybe you should ask yourself are you playing the right game for you?