OptimumVision

Well, I combat logged.

Hacking, glitching, pointless babmi-KoS'ing, and acting in disgusting ways are PROBLEMS and are NOT meant to be highlights of DayZ. They do more harm than good.

heh out of the list of "grievances" you have here, only the first two are actual problems and, which has been stated already, are not being defended at all by anyone. the other two are legitimate game play whether you like it or not and are not PROBLEMS in the game. they are only perceived as being such by those who are offended by them. this perceived offense is due to YOUR personal OPINIONS on what is and is not offensive. if you choose to combat log to avoid some perceived offense then you have still combat logged. as I am sure you are aware by now, there are many that find combat logging to be offensive and by combat logging YOU are just as much a PROBLEM as the KoSers and "trolls" you choose to bash.

clear enough yet?

• Like 1

as for evidence, let's see that it actually works first before wasting time with that because I doubt a screen shot it going to show much and who's going to listen anyway?

Yeah, screenshots are worthless unless you have video evidence, because who's going to take your word that you were really being hacked and not just suffering from one of the countless glitches in the game?

There's currently very very little, if anything at all, that can be done against hackers from a player's standpoint.

heh out of the list of "grievances" you have here, only the first two are actual problems and, which has been stated already, are not being defended at all by anyone. the other two are legitimate game play whether you like it or not and are not PROBLEMS in the game. they are only perceived as being such by those who are offended by them. this perceived offense is due to YOUR personal OPINIONS on what is and is not offensive. if you choose to combat log to avoid some perceived offense then you have still combat logged. as I am sure you are aware by now, there are many that find combat logging to be offensive and by combat logging YOU are just as much a PROBLEM as the KoSers and "trolls" you choose to bash.

clear enough yet?

I assume you're familiar with Battlefield, right?

The other day I joined a session and was put in a match against a group of what seemed to be children. In a game where the objective is to beat the other team to the maximum score, these kids thought it'd be funny to pretend to perform 'acts' (you can use your imagination) on each other and shoot offensive terminology on the walls. So I logged off and joined a different game.

Were they "allowed" to do this? Sure. Is there a rule that says they can't walk around an act stupid? Nope, no rule at all.

Is there a rule that says I can't log off so that they don't receive the satisfaction or acting like idiots in front of me? Nope.

Yes, killing bambies and acting in a perverted manner are 'allowed' in DayZ, but unless you're a 12 year old kid who thinks DayZ is the new CoD, you won't find either very entertaining. 

Edited by Chepaco

I assume you're familiar with Battlefield, right?

The other day I joined a session and was put in a match against a group of what seemed to be children. In a game where the objective is to beat the other team to the maximum score, these kids thought it'd be funny to pretend to perform 'acts' (you can use your imagination) on each other and shoot offensive terminology on the walls. So I logged off and joined a different game.

Were they "allowed" to do this? Sure. Is there a rule that says they can't walk around an act stupid? Nope, no rule at all.

Is there a rule that says I can't log off so that they don't receive the satisfaction or acting like idiots in front of me? Nope.

Yes, killing babies and acting in a perverted manner are 'allowed' in DayZ, but unless you're a 12 year old kid who thinks DayZ is the new CoD, you won't find either very entertaining. 

ok so you combat log in battlefield too. what's the point again? this isn't battlefield, this is DayZ and the vast majority of the DayZ community find your combat logging offensive. oddly, more offensive than killing babies (which we cannot do in DayZ so your comparison was totally pointless). what I truly find amazing is that you sill do not think of yourself as a combat logger while you are clearly a SELF DESCRIBED combat logger.

simply amazing.

• Like 1

ok so you combat log in battlefield too. what's the point again? this isn't battlefield, this is DayZ and the vast majority of the DayZ community find your combat logging offensive. oddly, more offensive than killing babies (which we cannot do in DayZ so your comparison was totally pointless). what I truly find amazing is that you sill do not think of yourself as a combat logger while you are clearly a SELF DESCRIBED combat logger.

simply amazing.

Meant bambies, not babies. Lol. Sorry for the typo. 

I've more than once said that I would combat log under certain circumstances, and I've laid out several of those circumstances. I'm not a combat logger in the sense of fearing to lose my stuff, because when I'm a bambie, I have no stuff to lose. What's simply amazing is your failure to understand what I'vebeen saying this whole time. Not once have I defended combat logging just for combat logging's sake, as you make it seem. 

I've more than once said that I would combat log under certain circumstances, and I've laid out several of those circumstances. I'm not a combat logger in the sense of fearing to lose my stuff, because when I'm a bambie, I have no stuff to lose. What's simply amazing is your failure to understand what I'vebeen saying this whole time. Not once have I defended combat logging just for combat logging's sake, as you make it seem. 

bambies too (hate that term by the way).

while you consider your reasons for combat logging to be legit in your mind, the people whom you have combat logged to avoid may very well find it offensive and consider you a worthless coward for doing so. in their mind you have combat logged for the sake of combat logging. in actuality, from their perspective, combat avoidance, thereby denying them of their perceived right to fair play. for them you just combat logged how are they to know the reason you give yourself for doing it?

in your battlefield example you combat logged because you did not agree with the others method of game play. from their standpoint you just quit on them, took your ball and went home as it were. no one was breaking any rules, you just did not like their play style (or lack thereof).

so yes I see it as combat logging just for the sake of combat logging as I find your reasoning to be invalid. my opinion.

• Like 1

no.. instead your list of reasons why you would combat log seems to grow with every reply.

but yes having your day ruined is a part of dayz... (except for logging off when a hacker is there, I still wouldn't do it myself but wouldn't shame anyone who logged in a hacking situation) getting KoS'd? part of the game. having some idiot talk shit to you.. part of the game. getting fed rotten fruit/disinfectant.. well that's part of the game too. hell it's even encouraged. why else is there an option to "force feed" rotten/poisonous things to other players?

and stop pointing fingers at people who disagree with you.. it makes you look silly and desperate.

no I don't hack, kos, perform sexual acts with prisoners or set out to ruin someone's game session or shoot fresh spawns. but I have had all of them happen to me.

there's times I've said their shit was stupid and they admitted it and let me go. times I've stood there and made no movement or action and they either walked away or shot me. big deal i had to regear in a game that's overly easy to do at this point. I've also screamed crazy shit and started punching lol I made it out alive once but mostly died.. big deal, had to regear. and I've even just run away zig zagging so they shot so many rounds all my shit was ruined and nothing left for them to take (again I had to regear/big deal).

even had one experience with someone who was without a doubt hacking. but never once did I grab my toy truck and go home... I played it out because (apart from the single hacker) they're all parts of the many things that make DayZ what it is.

so if it's a hacker then log if you must and feel no shame. any other instance... well you have to live with yourself and the opinion of your fellow gamers/players in this community.

• Like 1

bambies too (hate that term by the way).

What do you call them?

while you consider your reasons for combat logging to be legit in your mind, the people whom you have combat logged to avoid may very well find it offensive and consider you a worthless coward for doing so. 

That's a good point to bring up, to which I have a question for all anti-combat-loggers. If you're fully geared, sitting on top of one of the apartment buildings in Novo and start shooting at a fresh spawn 500m away who then combat logs, why do you get your panties in a bunch and start throwing a temper tantrum? Is is because you were denied the opportunity to needlessly troll another player? That person was 500m away from you, so he wasn't a threat, and he had nothing on him of any value to you. I mean seriously, why does that tick you off? Why do you care so much that someone logs off in that situation? Are you really all that bummed out because you waited up there for 20 minutes and failed to be the big bad bully you had always dreamed of being?

And that's the whole point I'm trying to make, Elle. I could care less if I offend the "hacker, glitcher, bambi-KoS'er, or pervert." They can play the game that way if they want, but I don't have to be a participant in their trolling behavior.

For the record: I think combat logging is a cheap tactic to avoid the repercussions of your actions, and should always be frowned upon except in the rare cases where someone logs out for other reasons. My friend had to log during a firefight once because his wife cut her hand in the kitchen and had to go to the hospital. 

That being said, to everyone who is going apeshit over combat loggers: relax, take a chill pill. Someone logged on you, alright. It's frustrating and it's lame, I get it. Just call him a bitch, and move on. Take it out on the next unfortunate sucker to cross you.

• Like 3

If you're a bambie why would you care if you die?  It's not like you're losing anything in the spawning process.

I have a group I play with and we will watch high traffic areas for people server hopping.  It amazes me the amount of people that do this, 95% of the time they'll try to log out as soon as they get shot at.  An example would be watching the fire station and ATC @ NWAF, we have eyes behind and in front.  2 guys log in the fire station, run across to the ATC, once there they get shot or shot at and start the log process.  We used to take a cautious approach to trying to get them out, now we just run in and gun them down while logging.  They would have stood a better chance trying to fight it out. 

People want to get the "good" gear but aren't willing to risk their characters life for it, that is the true definition of a pathetic combat logger.

Punisher

• Like 2

If I'm not anywhere near a military location, and I have nothing on me besides my own 2 fists and child's backpack, there's absolutely no reason why a fully geared clan with M4's needs to shoot me unless they need my t-shirt for rags, in which case they can ask me for it and I'd gladly give it to them. Heck, I'd even go as far as tearing it in rags for them to save them the extra click of the mouse. 

There are PLENTY of situations where discerning trolls is quite easy and commonsense. If you lack the ability to discern when someone's trolling you, it makes me wonder if you've yet to experience high school. 

so basically, to the surprise of exactly no one, you really have zero way of making that distinction.

if people are shooting at you, you were the one who fucked up in the first place. way to go champ.

• Like 2

What do you call them?

players or fresh spawns if no gear. I've just heard the term applied inappropriately so many times that I am loath to hear it now.

as to the rest of your rant... I don't generally take shots at people unless they are taking shots at me so I have no idea how someone in that position would feel. having said that, if you have taken shots at me and I have decided to hunt you down for your rather egregious behavior I will certainly be pissed if you choose the cowardly act of combat logging and denying me the opportunity to show you what needs to happen every time someone chooses the path of the less righteous (no offense KoSers). in a game that can take hours to traverse the map while looting up to better gear the wasted time is more than a minor annoyance as it is my time that is wasted.

as to the KoSing sniper with bad aim... don't take the shot if you can't make the kill, but most of the ones I've spoken with know this already and apparently they don't rage when faced with cowards that combat log at the first shot in as far as I can tell.

were I the fresh spawn that had been fired upon by the nefarious sniping KoSer I would immediately seek cover or concealment to assess the situation and determine if I can at the very least cause the expenditure of valuable ammo and at the very best survive the situation long enough to continue my journey and possibly even find said sniper for a bit of revenge (and maybe a rife). if the sniper is successful what have I lost as a fresh spawn? if I combat log the sniper looses the opportunity to practice their art (as in-artful as it may be) and I have shamed myself in the face of the enemy. good thing we can't see your name with your character or your reputation would be in the toilet.

the problem now is that you are equating the behavior of perfectly acceptable styles of game play, "bambi-KoS" and trolling or perversion (whatever that means) to hackers and glitchers and I am beginning to be offended by this completely unfounded comparison. just because someone insults your mother does not make him or her a hacker or even the equivalent of a hacker no matter how much you might be offended by it. eliminating hackers and glitchers from the argument leaves us with legitimate players that you will just combat log on. of course you are perfectly in your rights to combat log but it doesn't make you any less of an annoying coward when you do so.

• Like 2

BTW OP, all these "hero's" talking trash about how cowardly it is to combat log will be the first ones to bravely shoot you in the back.  Cause, you know, shooting you is the back is so manly.

• Like 1

Yeah, screenshots are worthless unless you have video evidence, because who's going to take your word that you were really being hacked and not just suffering from one of the countless glitches in the game?

There's currently very very little, if anything at all, that can be done against hackers from a player's standpoint.

This is an issue in itself and cause enough false "hacker" cries. Genuine hackers i dunno - how rampant are they? I've been sticking to low pop servers right now because I wasn't finding loot anywhere. Found a server last night which had loot and we got fairly well geared up. Have all gorka stuff now and an akm with a drum which I managed, somehow, to dupe, I think, unless it's a ghost drum. I also duped my magazine too I think which annoys ten bells of hell out of me. Fix the fucking duping already!

What do you call them?

That's a good point to bring up, to which I have a question for all anti-combat-loggers. If you're fully geared, sitting on top of one of the apartment buildings in Novo and start shooting at a fresh spawn 500m away who then combat logs, why do you get your panties in a bunch and start throwing a temper tantrum? Is is because you were denied the opportunity to needlessly troll another player? That person was 500m away from you, so he wasn't a threat, and he had nothing on him of any value to you. I mean seriously, why does that tick you off? Why do you care so much that someone logs off in that situation? Are you really all that bummed out because you waited up there for 20 minutes and failed to be the big bad bully you had always dreamed of being?

And that's the whole point I'm trying to make, Elle. I could care less if I offend the "hacker, glitcher, bambi-KoS'er, or pervert." They can play the game that way if they want, but I don't have to be a participant in their trolling behavior.

Firstly, I don't shoot new spawns so doesn't apply to me but a 500m head shot would be a challenge and it's not up to you to dictate your play terms to another player. The scenario is ridiculous anyway and I'll tell you why.

If you're not dead from the first shot, then avoiding the sniper is easy at that range so no need to combat log. If you are dead from the first shot, then it's moot.

Why do you think it's trolling another player. Do you think if it was a geared player said sniper wouldn't engage? To them, any target is a target they don't care. Jeez, most of them won't even run 500m to the body because they don't need any gear.

You're basically the guy in the jungle who expects the tiger to leave you alone because you're a fresh crash survivor from a plane. If there weren't kos'er in the game then there's nothing to keep you on your toes. Dicks do have a reason to exists, sometimes ;)

• Like 1

I don't see how you can blame people for using something which is not forbidden by the game. Peeking through walls was being used by almost everyone when it was possible. I'm sick and tired of people ranting against combat logging and in the same time praising the development process as if both things have nothing do to with each other. Stop and think for a second, if combat logging is possible, shouldn't the devs do something about it? Why would you rage against players who utilize the game imperfections to win? Let me use the same argument some of you are constantly abusing - the game is in alpha and no one is forced to play by YOUR rules because these are not the game RULES. Perhaps you think YOUR rules should be implemented? Then go cry to Dayz's dev team and stop complaining. I don't give a shit if you combat log or not, nor I give a shit if you were peeking through walls. If the game allows it, then I don't blame you, I blame the game itself for allowing it and point it out as a flaw.

• Like 1

If you're a bambie why would you care if you die?  It's not like you're losing anything in the spawning process.

I have a group I play with and we will watch high traffic areas for people server hopping.  It amazes me the amount of people that do this, 95% of the time they'll try to log out as soon as they get shot at.  An example would be watching the fire station and ATC @ NWAF, we have eyes behind and in front.  2 guys log in the fire station, run across to the ATC, once there they get shot or shot at and start the log process.  We used to take a cautious approach to trying to get them out, now we just run in and gun them down while logging.  They would have stood a better chance trying to fight it out. 

People want to get the "good" gear but aren't willing to risk their characters life for it, that is the true definition of a pathetic combat logger.

Punisher

My friend and I have a rule for the NWAF - shoot first and keep shooting. If we die, then we die it's part of the fun of going there. It's risky, you could die and lose everything but fighting is fun, right? I'd love to be trapped in the tower fighting it out. I'd rather have that than "You are dead" on my screen not knowing where it came from but sometimes that's the way it happens.

My mate and I got killed coming away from the NWAF a few days ago. We just killed some guy who didn't see us and took a few things off him (We had one shotgun between us with 10 rounds  lol - we'd already geared up pretty good whilst there but no guns). I was hypothermic, my screen was grey from it and I knew I was going to be unconscious soon. We ran about 500m away and made a fire in a clump of trees. Wasn't good enough and we both go shot and killed but shrugged it off and laughed about it.

If There wasn't a chance of dying in this game from other players, just like that, when all of a sudden, "BAM!" you're dead, it would be boring. The very fact that death can happen at anytime, especially when you let your guard down is what makes this game.

Combat loggers don't get this and that's why they need to find another game more suited to their play style, rather than try and justify their actions and change the game for everyone else.

Edited by Jexter
  • Like 1

as to the KoSing sniper with bad aim... don't take the shot if you can't make the kill, but most of the ones I've spoken with know this already and apparently they don't rage when faced with cowards that combat log at the first shot in as far as I can tell.

Don't forget that people need to hone their skills. It's not like you get a lot of opportunity so for a kos'er, any player is target practice. I'd take the moving ones as you can use zombies for static practice.

• Like 1

I don't see how you can blame people for using something which is not forbidden by the game. Peeking through walls was being used by almost everyone when it was possible. I'm sick and tired of people ranting against combat logging and in the same time praising the development process as if both things have nothing do to with each other. Stop and think for a second, if combat logging is possible, shouldn't the devs do something about it? Why would you rage against players who utilize the game imperfections to win? Let me use the same argument some of you are constantly abusing - the game is in alpha and no one is forced to play by YOUR rules because these are not the game RULES. Perhaps you think YOUR rules should be implemented? Then go cry to Dayz's dev team and stop complaining. I don't give a shit if you combat log or not, nor I give a shit if you were peeking through walls. If the game allows it, then I don't blame you, I blame the game itself for allowing it and point it out as a flaw.

I don't know how much you play the game but the devs have done something about it. Do you know what that is?

I don't know how much you play the game but the devs have done something about it. Do you know what that is?

Yes, your character doesn't disappear at once but after 30 seconds. And? If that tells me anything, it's that these guys are pretty lazy to think about some more viable option against "combat logging".

Combat loggers don't get this and that's why they need to find another game more suited to their play style, rather than try and justify their actions and change the game for everyone else.

That's just ridiculous, why don't you find another game where "combat logging" is not possible????

• Like 1

combat logging = cowardly move

why would you play a game like this if you are going to quit any time something unexpected happens?

seems to me that most of the combat loggers are into the 'survival' aspect of the game. they want 'realism' but when shit gets real...they quit. NOT cool

• Like 2

That's just ridiculous, why don't you find another game where "combat logging" is not possible????

What's ridiculous is what you've written above.

Yes, your character doesn't disappear at once but after 30 seconds. And? If that tells me anything, it's that these guys are pretty lazy to think about some more viable option against "combat logging".

Well they could make it a minute, or do something else yes. 30 seconds is not enough but too many people will complain if it's any longer. The other issue is, what if you need to quit for RL? Should those people be punished too? 30 seconds is almost worth not having.

No its not rediculous because those against combat logging are actually playing the game were as your avoiding a major portion of the game by combat logging, so why play at all if you dont want to play with or against all legit styles of play (heroes bandits KoSers griefers medics yolo,s etc etc all fine to play as cause there actually playing)

I read your other post to ,damn man you tell people to think about something for a second but in your post you advocate exploiting game bugs and mechanics !Really man did you actually think about what you said for a second before dropping your load.

And now you have said you know the devs have done something about combat logging but its not good enough ( that may be true) but knowing they dont intend you to combat log and yet you continue to do it your again exploiting( you do know the definition of an exploit dont you i wonder with some of the absurd garbage you have been spouting.)

You can play the game any way you want short of cheating/hacking or exploiting, really anything else is up to you how you do it..

• Like 1