OptimumVision

Well, I combat logged.

No one said it does. Holy cow.

Not all KoS'ers are trolls, but all trolls are KoS'ers. I don't think people realize that I don't have a problem with KoS'ing in general. It's the trolling-because-I'm-bored kind of KoS'ing that I have no patience with, and I'm under no obligation to entertain those individuals with my existence in game. 

right, because you have the magical ability to distinguish what you define as a "troll" from a "regular KoSer" when you get shot at. 

if you're going to be a pussy and combat log, just own up to it and stop making these pathetic excuses

• Like 2

I agree with sab0t - BreakingPoint mod for Arma3 has a badass anti combat log thing going on B) DayZ could take a lot of tips from BP...that being one of them

if you're going to be a pussy ....

Your extensive vocabulary, coupled with you unearthly ability to intellectually debate with your peers, is absolutely riveting. You're masculinity is unfathomable. You, sir, are the greatest man to ever walk the face of this planet; a man among boys. Here, you may take my beans. 

I agree with sab0t - BreakingPoint mod for Arma3 has a badass anti combat log thing going on B) DayZ could take a lot of tips from BP...that being one of them

Isn't there a 30 second timer with DayZ? And regardless if you log out prone, you always log in standing up. I'm not sure if this "standing up" takes place during the 30 seconds though.

Your extensive vocabulary, coupled with you unearthly ability to intellectually debate with your peers, is absolutely riveting. You're masculinity is unfathomable. You, sir, are the greatest man to ever walk the face of this planet; a man among boys. Here, you may take my beans. 

keep on trying to deflect the substance in these posts you can't argue. if you're lucky, i'll get bored and do something else and you can continue to laud yourself for quitting the game like a child when things don't go your way. 

since that didn't work though, i will repeat...can you please describe your magic ability to discern between a troll or a "regular" KoSer when you begin to take fire from an unknown enemy? i must know how you justify this to yourself.

Edited by sab0t

if you're going to be a pussy and combat log, just own up to it and stop making these pathetic excuses

Oh well, I guess the morality police of DayZ have spoken and the rest of us must submit ourselves to the only acceptable style of play in their eyes or face harshly worded criticisms

and threads on the forum.  My goodness, I don't know if I can take that.   

On second thought, yeah, yeah I can.

Get a grip guys, it's a game.  People, no matter who they are can play however they want, there is NO right or wrong way of playing DayZ and no amount of name calling or attacking me personally is gonna change my mind about that.  

Get a grip guys, it's a game.  People, no matter who they are can play however they want, there is NO right or wrong way of playing DayZ and no amount of name calling or attacking me personally is gonna change my mind about that.  

so exploiting is an acceptable method of play simply because there aren't hard coded preventative measures in place?

• Like 3

That my friend, is your opinion and like ass holes, everyone has one. With that said, just because you think there's no right or wrong way to play DayZ doesn't make it fact. What is fact though is there was a log in and a log out timer implemented due to combat logging and ghosting, therefore ghosting or in this particular case, combat logging is wrong.

• Like 1

That my friend, is your opinion and like ass holes, everyone has one. With that said, just because you think there's no right or wrong way to play DayZ doesn't make it fact. What is fact though is there was a log in and a log out timer implemented due to combat logging and ghosting, therefore ghosting or in this particular case, combat logging is wrong.

Once again, some self appointed DayZ guru dazzles us with their OPINION of right and wrong style of play.

Once again, some self appointed DayZ guru dazzles us with their OPINION of right and wrong style of play.

How is this an opinion? Did they or did they not implement spawn timers when leaving and joining a server due to combat logging and ghosting?

can you please describe your magic ability to discern between a troll or a "regular" KoSer when you begin to take fire from an unknown enemy? i must know how you justify this to yourself.

If I'm not anywhere near a military location, and I have nothing on me besides my own 2 fists and child's backpack, there's absolutely no reason why a fully geared clan with M4's needs to shoot me unless they need my t-shirt for rags, in which case they can ask me for it and I'd gladly give it to them. Heck, I'd even go as far as tearing it in rags for them to save them the extra click of the mouse. 

There are PLENTY of situations where discerning trolls is quite easy and commonsense. If you lack the ability to discern when someone's trolling you, it makes me wonder if you've yet to experience high school. 

Edited by Chepaco
  • Like 1

With that said, just because you think there's no right or wrong way to play DayZ doesn't make it fact.

That, sir, is your opinion, it is NOT a fact.

Edited by Barnabus

How is this an opinion? 

Because it is not stated ANYWHERE (unless there's a DayZ Bible somewhere that I don't know of) that the introduction of this 'timer' = illegal to log off against trolling and hacking. That's your opinion, bud. And there's nothing wrong with having an opinion, so long as you don't try to pass it off as holy inspired truth. 

That, sir, is your opinion, it is NOT a fact.

So there's no such thing as hacking? So why are people being banned for it?

What about duping?

Glitching?

If there's no right or wrong way of playing then why are things being done to prevent the 3 things above and also what this topic was all about?

Let me try putting it this way.

The right way of playing is by not doing any of the above. The wrong way is by doing any of the above.

I gotta say... this whole thread was a super funny read.

OP major props on logging back in to face the music.

Because it is not stated ANYWHERE (unless there's a DayZ Bible somewhere that I don't know of) that the introduction of this 'timer' = illegal to log off against trolling and hacking. That's your opinion, bud. And there's nothing wrong with having an opinion, so long as you don't try to pass it off as holy inspired truth. 

Hmm...

So here's the tweet stating that the prototype will be implemented.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/425686536886050816

Here's the patch notes posted shown the log in / out timers about a week later.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169526-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-033114782/

a couple of minutes searching found this, I dare say if I continue looking I probably would find the actually post where it was stated but I can't be bothered.

Also at what point did I say it was to prevent trolling and hacking? Is this topic not about combat logging which then went on to no right or wrong way of playing?

Which clearly there's a few rules set out stating there is actually a wrong way of playing.

Oh well, I guess the morality police of DayZ have spoken and the rest of us must submit ourselves to the only acceptable style of play in their eyes...

Combat logging is not a play style. It's like playing chess with someone and when he's about to checkmate your ass you just flip the board and stop playing...

• Like 6

Also at what point did I say it was to prevent trolling and hacking?

No, I'm trying to show that there's nothing wrong with logging against trolling and hacking.

Yes, seen those tweets. Great. But that doesn't mean they introduced it to make it "illegal" for people to log off while they're suffering from trolls or hackers. I doubt if you spoke with Mr. Dean, that he'd tell you "Sorry man, we introduced these countermeasures, so you're just going to have to bend over and let that hacker/12yr old CoD kid have his way with you."

Combat logging is not a play style. It's like playing chess with someone and when he's about to checkmate your ass you just flip the board and stop playing...

If it was found out that you were cheating or had the whole thing rigged, he'd have every right not to allow you the satisfaction of trolling him all the way to end. 

So there's no such thing as hacking? So why are people being banned for it?

What about duping?

Glitching?

If there's no right or wrong way of playing then why are things being done to prevent the 3 things above and also what this topic was all about?

Let me try putting it this way.

The right way of playing is by not doing any of the above. The wrong way is by doing any of the above.

Wow.  Stick to the topic and stop trying to deflect.  Did I say that those things were not wrong, I did NOT.  I will go so far as to say that hacking, glitching, duping are NOT styles of play.  Combat logging is NOT a hack or a glitch or a dup, you following me so far?  

Let me try to put it this way, you or anyone else on this forum don't get to tell anyone that a certain STYLE of play is wrong.  It's that simple.  No one, at least not me, is arguing that hacking or glitching or duping is a style of play except you, I have no idea where you got that from or how you even begin to have inferred that was anything close to what I was saying.   

Combat logging is not a play style. 

Baloney.  As far as combat logging goes I don't advocate it and I don't do it but I don't tell others they can't, I honestly DON'T CARE one way or the other.  I am not the sheriff of DayZ and neither are you.

I am officially bored with this topic and all you self appointed DayZ Gestapo types at this point.  Reply all you want, I wash my hands of you.

Edited by Barnabus

combat logging is not a play style because you're not fucking playing... it's quiting.

don't try to dress it up as some sort of heroic stand against kos'ers or trolls or whatever you want to call them.

combat logging is the same as admiting you're too attached to your gear and you would rather pull the plug than play it out.

• Like 1

Log off against hackers, sure. That's just unfair.

But log off because you don't like the reason why someone is KOSing you?

It's not trolling because he kills you when he doesn't need to. They are assholes, but they are playing in a legitimate way that is a part of the game. Logging off because you don't agree with why he is killing you just makes you a bigger ass hole. If you are going to quit every time you are playing with someone who's play style you don't agree with and you see as "trolling", why do you even play this game at all?

KOSing is a legitimate way to play, but logging off is an exploit just like duping or hacking.

• Like 2