OptimumVision

Well, I combat logged.

9/10 times you WILL be Killed On Sight ..........

So should i just run around with my fingers on Alt F4 then ?.

Any one who combat logs and feels they need to justify it because of "TROLLS"

Should hang their heads in Shame, for yes you are a Coward

Cherno PD

Edited by Conkykillz
  • Like 2

Killing on sight does not make you a troll. Holy cow, what a bunch of babies.

Even if a cheater kills you, so what? It's annoying, but it's gonna happen eventually anyway. What's the problem, you have to go find more equipment? That's the entire point of the game. Collecting stuff.

If anything, blame BattlEye for being ten steps behind the cheaters and yourself for wanting to play a video game with assault rifles and shotguns where everyone lives in harmony.

^

Loot is so ridiculously easy to acquire that death is a minor annoyance. Most of the times I have met my unfortunate fate, I haven't gave a shit.

Oh, boy, I lost a gun I can get a few minutes after spawning in. Who cares?

I sacrificed it for an engagement that I unfortunately lost. I got a bit of action in exchange for some easy to find gear.

Your extensive vocabulary, coupled with you unearthly ability to intellectually debate with your peers, is absolutely riveting. You're masculinity is unfathomable. You, sir, are the greatest man to ever walk the face of this planet; a man among boys. Here, you may take my beans. 

keep on trying to deflect the substance in these posts you can't argue. if you're lucky, i'll get bored and do something else and you can continue to laud yourself for quitting the game like a child when things don't go your way. 

since that didn't work though, i will repeat...can you please describe your magic ability to discern between a troll or a "regular" KoSer when you begin to take fire from an unknown enemy? i must know how you justify this to yourself.

Yeah I was going to say - Nice swerve there to avoid the argument at hand.

You can't tell who's a troll or not and page 4 you're still defending combat logging as ok because you don't want to lose ur gear. Well, the majority of people don't want to ever play with people like you so we'll make you a special server to play on called "Combat Loggers Only".

• Like 2

Oh well, I guess the morality police of DayZ have spoken and the rest of us must submit ourselves to the only acceptable style of play in their eyes or face harshly worded criticisms

and threads on the forum.  My goodness, I don't know if I can take that.   

On second thought, yeah, yeah I can.

Get a grip guys, it's a game.  People, no matter who they are can play however they want, there is NO right or wrong way of playing DayZ and no amount of name calling or attacking me personally is gonna change my mind about that.  

How is quitting the game playing the game. You've quit it, that's not playing the game once you leave the game.

How this isn't blatantly obvious is beyond me.

In any game, if someone who's about to lose quits to save themselves from losing it's considered bad sportsmanship by everyone. It's a completely dick move and to argue otherwise is contrary to everything that is sportsmanship.

Now tell me, give me one example where unsportsmanlike behaviour has ever been ok.

• Like 4

combat logging and ghosting makes baby jesus cry 

And baby Mohammed too. They both cuddle when people ghost and combat log.

While I agree that combat logging is wrong, it is hard to call a 30 second blind log out "combat logging".  If you give them that 30 second window then you would be hard pressed to claim you were actively engaged with them.  I could not imagine the uproar if the log out timer was more like MMOs.  Where it is like 15 seconds and not a blind log out process, you guys would go crazy.  Again I would never do it, because if I fan carve out a 30 second window to exit the game safely then I can be pretty sure that I can also escape on foot as well.

While I agree that combat logging is wrong, it is hard to call a 30 second blind log out "combat logging".  If you give them that 30 second window then you would be hard pressed to claim you were actively engaged with them.  I could not imagine the uproar if the log out timer was more like MMOs.  Where it is like 15 seconds and not a blind log out process, you guys would go crazy.  Again I would never do it, because if I fan carve out a 30 second window to exit the game safely then I can be pretty sure that I can also escape on foot as well.

Presumably you don't get into many firefights in Dayz?

Yeah I was going to say - Nice swerve there to avoid the argument at hand.

You can't tell who's a troll or not and page 4 you're still defending combat logging as ok because you don't want to lose ur gear. Well, the majority of people don't want to ever play with people like you so we'll make you a special server to play on called "Combat Loggers Only".

Where did I ever say that I log off "because you don't want to lose ur [my] gear." I even said I'd log off if I had absolutely nothing to lose!

Either you didn't read this entire thread, or you lack basic reading comprehension. I'm not, nor have I ever, defended combat logging in totality. I've only defended it in situations where you're being unnecessarily griefed. I hate it just as much as the next guy when someone who's looting military barracks finds himself in a gunfight and runs away and logs off. If you're at a military location or are fully geared, you have a target on your back. That's just part of this game. So I'm not sure where you got this idea that I think it's ok for anyone to combat log in any situation ever. 

How is quitting the game playing the game. You've quit it, that's not playing the game once you leave the game.

How this isn't blatantly obvious is beyond me.

In any game, if someone who's about to lose quits to save themselves from losing it's considered bad sportsmanship by everyone. It's a completely dick move and to argue otherwise is contrary to everything that is sportsmanship.

Now tell me, give me one example where unsportsmanlike behaviour has ever been ok.

NO ONE here is defending logging JUST because they're about to lose a fight. That's NOT what this thread is about. People are defending logging off is specific situations where your player is being trolled. 

If you asked me, or anyone else here, what we thought if a full geared player at an airfield logs off just because he was being shot at, I, along with everyone here, would unite with you in saying how ticked off we'd be at that player. I can't stand combat logging just as much as the next guy if there's no legitimate reason to do so. 

Thiunk things over before you post, man. 

Edited by Chepaco

Since this is Alpha, I generally see one scenario in which it is okay to combat log.

If you've been on your way to find certain loot to do extensive testing or make a certain video that requires specific gear, have no intention of shooting other players, got discovered and fired upon and combat logged in order to avoid having to start your search from scratch.

Since most of us just run around and want to play DayZ, there is no excuse to go hide in the game lobby when you come under fire. If you want to escape getting shot, find a way out of your situation and RUN FOR IT!

The worst type of combat logger, btw, is the type that shoot your friends on sight then pussy out, run around the corner to hide and combat log. I've had that a few times.

I like the idea of the logout timer resetting every time a bullet whizzes within 10 meters past you. Fire a suppressive shot at the building every 25 seconds to hinder combat logging. Sounds great to me.

EDIT: Also, how about a specific server message when somebody rejoins a server but at a different position.

e.g. Player deathlove has rejoined the server after 14 minutes 342 meters away from previous position

Edited by ColonelBurton

1986 Mexico City: Hand of God

i am a purist and still think it was a bad thing.

but most people i know think it was ok and i understand their reasoning.

• Like 2

Where did I ever say that I log off "because you don't want to lose ur [my] gear." I even said I'd log off if I had absolutely nothing to lose!

Either you didn't read this entire thread, or you lack basic reading comprehension. I'm not, nor have I ever, defended combat logging in totality. I've only defended it in situations where you're being unnecessarily griefed. I hate it just as much as the next guy when someone who's looting military barracks finds himself in a gunfight and runs away and logs off. If you're at a military location or are fully geared, you have a target on your back. That's just part of this game. So I'm not sure where you got this idea that I think it's ok for anyone to combat log in any situation ever. 

Nope it's your reading skills that require attention as you've not read the responses in this thread, 95% of whom disagree with you, vehemently.

So are you going to answer the question on this magical ability you have to know when you're being trolled by a KOS'er?

Combat Logging is only ever OK when someone is cheating, like hacking or wall glitching. Any other time you're just a bad sportsman.

NO ONE here is defending logging JUST because they're about to lose a fight. That's NOT what this thread is about. People are defending logging off is specific situations where your player is being trolled. 

If you asked me, or anyone else here, what we thought if a full geared player at an airfield logs off just because he was being shot at, I, along with everyone here, would unite with you in saying how ticked off we'd be at that player. I can't stand combat logging just as much as the next guy if there's no legitimate reason to do so. 

How do you know when your player is being trolled. You've been asked this repeatedly.

Edited by Jexter
  • Like 1

well, that is EXACTLY what this post was about and what the situation of the OP was (he was not in the mood for a fight).

some guys tried to hijack the topic to make useless cases of "troll logging" and "hacker logging" or whatever.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting to find out how you know someone is trolling you in the game. I mean I've been troubled by squeaking bandits before that try to make nice then cuff you when you aren't paying attention (my fault of course) but I certainly would not log off just because some squeaker got the better of me, in fact I consider the asshole squeakers to be a legit part of the game no matter how annoying they are. what exactly constitutes a troll in the game? because if you are logging off just because some asshat insulted your mom then proceeds to take poorly aimed pot shots in your general direction you sir, are a combat logger.

• Like 1

1986 Mexico City: Hand of God

i am a purist and still think it was a bad thing.

but most people i know think it was ok and i understand their reasoning.

LOL absolute bollox - I've never heard anyone say that was ok.

269ba06b5c3b03270cc226ba02a6a740.jpg

Edited by Jexter

LOL absolute bollox - I've never heard anyone say that was ok.

i guess you are not living in germany than.

disclaimer:

i do not hate the 3 lions.

i do not have any strong opinion about the falkland war besides war sucks.

i do not think that wembley '66 can be revenged with anything not a final we (germany) win vs the 3 lions (not that it is very probable to see such a final in the near future).

I DO LOVE GAZZA!

Edited by justadude

Nope it's your reading skills that require attention as you've not read the responses in this thread, 95% of whom disagree with you, vehemently.

So are you going to answer the question on this magical ability you have to know when you're being trolled by a KOS'er?

Combat Logging is only ever OK when someone is cheating, like hacking or wall glitching. Any other time you're just a bad sportsman.

How do you know when your player is being trolled. You've been asked this repeatedly.

Dude, it was answered already. Go back and read. 

i guess you are not living in germany than.

I "äm livving in Dschörmänie" and all my friends think Maradona is a pathetic excuse for a sportsman. When Germany beat Argetinina in 2010, everybody around me rejoiced because that pathetic little cokehead got what was coming to him. Maradona is not that much of an idol at all. Not like Pele, Beckenbauer or Gascoigne. The "hand of god" scandal, up unto this day, is a prime schoolbook example of poor sportsmanship. Even in Germany.

Combat logging is not a play style. It's like playing chess with someone and when he's about to checkmate your ass you just flip the board and stop playing...

More like when you are about to get the checkmate..the other player gathers all their chess pieces and walks away B) but ya that's exactly what its like

Quiters never win!

I "äm livving in Dschörmänie" and all my friends think Maradona is a pathetic excuse for a sportsman. When Germany beat Argetinina in 2010, everybody around me rejoiced because that pathetic little cokehead got what was coming to him. Maradona is not that much of an idol at all. Not like Pele, Beckenbauer or Gascoigne. The "hand of god" scandal, up unto this day, is a prime schoolbook example of poor sportsmanship. Even in Germany.

nobody said that maradonna is an example of sportsmanship. where did you get that from?

the whole point is that it was bad sportsmanship but is accepted/tolerated.

maradonna is an idol where i come from in spite of the Hand of God.

far mor so than pele or even beckenbauer (at least for the generation born in the 70ies/80ies; maybe because they saw him in his prime and the others not).

your milage may differ.

This thread is still going? Lol babies trying to defend why they combat log. Keep telling yourself you're not doing anything wrong.

• Like 3

Presumably you don't get into many firefights in Dayz?

You know what they say about making "assumptions" right?  I get into plenty of them but when I engage I ensure to do so from a position in which I can either finish the fight quickly or break contact as needed.  If you think taking a pop shot at someone and then expecting them to just hang around while you take forever to make a move is combat, then that is your problem.

Amazing that someone would come into this thread preaching how its cool to combat log. dude you are straight bitch, go play the sims or something bro no room for pansies in dayz

• Like 3

Amazing that someone would come into this thread preaching how its cool to combat log.

Amazing that someone would come here and be willing to bend over for hackers and trolls. 

• Like 1

You know what they say about making "assumptions" right?  I get into plenty of them but when I engage I ensure to do so from a position in which I can either finish the fight quickly or break contact as needed.  If you think taking a pop shot at someone and then expecting them to just hang around while you take forever to make a move is combat, then that is your problem.

Firstly, it was a "presumption" ;)

So every firefight you get to choose your position? I don't believe you one moment and I bet when you start taking rounds unexpectedly you go for cover and you're not moving at all for a few minutes, let alone 30 seconds (or if you are you're not charging at the enemy) which was my point. Fights in dayz can last a long time which gives combat loggers plenty of time to log off.

• Like 1