rickyriot

Well done devs. No, really, I mean it...

Just to clarify, I am a long time mod player and bought SA the minute it was released on Steam. Since the very early stages of the alpha I've never been killed by a zombie. That might sound like a boast, but it isn't as I am sure there are many out there who are in a similar boat. 

However I just want to congratulate the devs in making a game that has finally killed me. Twice, in fact, in a row! Obviously some of that was down to my own stupidity (nay, complacency) and assisted by being on a server that had been raped off all it's resources but it's still a bit of a milestone. 

So, well done devs, you've finally managed to get to a stage where the zombies in a zombie survival game need some level of avoidance. Before some smart arse points out how easy it is to avoid zombies now, of course it is, it's just that previously there was effectively zero chance of them killing you, now there is at least some chance of them doing enough damage to kill you off.

I say all this without a hint of sarcasm, I genuinely mean it. Well done.

Edited by ricp
  • Like 16

Oh, boy here it comes, now the haters are gonna crawl out of the gutter to gleefully point out to that you are, so obviously and completely, playing the game all wrong if a zed makes you bleed or ruins your shirt, let alone actually kills you.

But I know you can handle it!

• Like 2

sadly almost all the things that make these zombies dangerous are programming flaws, not design elements.  but danger is danger.

the pve IS too easy right now though.  it doesn't need to be an absurd gauntlet of doom, but you should have to decide if venturing into town is worth it.

• Like 1

I guess zombies have learnt Chinese Kung Fu...I got hit by a zombie three times as I suffered Desync at that time, after that I checked my situation, everything (including my helmet, glasses, mask..)except my backpack was ruined, WTF.

IMO the pve is way too easy.

It is especially if i can live longer than most players lol. I play sandbox games like this ubber hard core sometimes. Zombie numbers are going to be the only way to kill off players fast enough to be honest. Smart players will fight off weather elements rather easily still unless we get into radiation and maybe hail or lightning strikes on players.

You know what would be cool? Swamp land areas that can suck a man down underneath and kill them.

Oh, boy here it comes, now the haters are gonna crawl out of the gutter to gleefully point out to that you are, so obviously and completely, playing the game all wrong if a zed makes you bleed or ruins your shirt, let alone actually kills you.

But I know you can handle it!

To an extent though he shouldn't be dying by anything zed related yet.

How did he die? Thats how i want to know. Because if your careful yeah you will still run into them but you can kill them off NP. And if it gets to intense you CAN run away until your in a position to strike back.

i hope we one day get to have zeds with 28 days later type of strength and madness like vomiting diseased blood in you face. they are starting to get that prowess i love when one chases me upstairs and into rooms compared to the old days when they would run through walls they are starting to come together i think so i say good job devs too.

• Like 1

I got killed by zombies today as a fresh spawn. My own fault. Trapped myself in a hallway with two.

I love the door sounds and the environmental effects (wet/cold etc) even if they aren't fully working for everyone they still add real depth.

• Like 1

sadly almost all the things that make these zombies dangerous are programming flaws, not design elements.  but danger is danger.

the pve IS too easy right now though.  it doesn't need to be an absurd gauntlet of doom, but you should have to decide if venturing into town is worth it.

Again i would like to see some with SLIGHT mutation developments that make them more dangerous maybe ones that use there stomach acids to immobilize players or ones with better vision at night. Even a very rare suicide military zed with a few grenades strapped to its armor and the only way you can kill the damn thing is by aiming for the head or shooting it from a distance.

absurd gauntlet of doom

Leave my ex wife out of this

• Like 2

I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I went upstairs in a house, and turned and caught someone in the corner of my eye, startling me; I thought it was another player at first, getting ready to whack me, but when I turned and looked, it was a zombie. It was the first time one had followed me upstairs. :D They're definitely making progress.

On a side note, I find it interesting that whoever uploaded that rim shot sound effect to YouTube didn't know it's called a rim shot. It just looks funny to see "ba-dum tishh after joke sound effect" rather than "rim shot sound effect". That's just me though.

Ive been completely healthy, in the light green, with all the best stuff on and have been hit by a zombie and have it fracture my limbs in 1 hit. Pretty sure they found a way to take steroids or something. And I love the ones that you kill when they are 10 feet back but as they fall down dead still hit you. Must be magic or something lol.

What is everyones most BS way a zombie has hit them?

Ive been completely healthy, in the light green, with all the best stuff on and have been hit by a zombie and have it fracture my limbs in 1 hit. Pretty sure they found a way to take steroids or something. And I love the ones that you kill when they are 10 feet back but as they fall down dead still hit you. Must be magic or something lol.

What is everyones most BS way a zombie has hit them?

You gotta just try and keep your distance as much as possible from them. Now that they cant see us 20 miles away anymore you can actually catch a few of them off guard with ether a first shot to the head or an axe blow. Just have to keep taking a good look around before running everywhere since allot of them only seem to notice whats in front of them.

You gotta just try and keep your distance as much as possible from them. Now that they cant see us 20 miles away anymore you can actually catch a few of them off guard with ether a first shot to the head or an axe blow. Just have to keep taking a good look around before running everywhere since allot of them only seem to notice whats in front of them.

Oh yeah, I can keep my distance from them pretty good. But, there is always that one D-bag zombie that ninjas his way behind you and smacks you upside the head ruining half of your stuff lol. My favorite way for a zombie to get me is when Im inside a building on the top floor while he is outside the closed door and still hits me and Im dead before I get down to him to save myself.

OP, you aren't going to tell us the stories behind those deaths? come ON!

I'll give a zombie death story from yesterday. I rarely get hit by zombies unless there's some glitchiness going on, which happens frequently enough. I'm always the one giving people a hard time for complaining that melee is hard and how I'm killing zeds with screwdrivers and hammers. Not very long after spawning yesterday, on a persistence-enabled server that was pretty cleanly picked on the coast I was making my way inland. Managing my two timers of death off of each other, finding clothing to stop my heat bleed and trying to find food to keep going while cold and freezing status sapped at my calories. I can't recall what I had for a weapon but I ducked into one of those little grey-brown sheds in the hope that I'd find some rope or something. I turn around from looking at the grass floor and there's a zed, like he appeared out of nowhere. I was hit and started bleeding. Killed the zed but it was too late, there's nowhere to maneuver in the shed and killing the zed meant I had multiple bleeders with nothing to bandage. Sometimes you just don't find something to tear for rags and bleed out, that was one of those times.

I dunno, I've been killed by zombies a few times. Mostly down to lag or glitches, though, and almost always as a freshspawn. 

I've not given .49 a go yet. Hell, I don't think I've played since .46 ish. I've heard it's riddled with bugs (moreso than usual) so I've been giving it a wide berth. Of course if I hear otherwise then I reckon I might hop in for an hour or two.

EDIT

Did they fix that "I'm sorry, Dave, I can't let you do that" bug when trying to use a weapon? Because not being able to shoot or swing an axe really put me off. I'd play if that was fixed, though.

Edited by BeefBacon

OP, you aren't going to tell us the stories behind those deaths? come ON!

Both fairly straight forward to be honest, with both of them revolving around finding myself bleeding to death from zombie attacks and not finding any rags/bandages to patch myself up.

In the mod I was a very close combat player, whether it's against a person or a zombie, so the hitbox (both yours and theirs) has been a bit of a nightmare in SA but it's definitely improving.

I agree completely OP.  There are a few things I wish they would focus on fixing next, but progress is to be encouraged.

I just wish some of the other bits like zed mechanics, layering, etc., made some leaps forward soon.  But that is me being greedy. :P

• Like 1

I think that just about everyone want zombies that are dangerous, and that you really have to make a choice between engaging or avoiding.

The thing is that they in many cases are unreasonable powerful (inside, where they push you around and melee weapons hit the walls), as well as they "see" you from extreme distances, while you're inside a building, not even visible. Basically; I want them to be zombies, not this;

Tflyer.jpg

• Like 1