ColonelBurton

Temperature effects are broken since hotfix

last night I noticed I was getting a crap ton of I'm cold I'm shaking I'm warming up I'm promptly getting cold warnings. so I was building fires and moving like crazy, mind you I was in very warm clothes, my fireaxe broke so I thought I was screwed I couldn't find one anywhere. so I got the cold status it never went past yellow and would pop up for a minute and go away. point being just do like you normally do get warm clothes and proceed I honestly don't think you will freeze to death, i went from the north by NWAF to the southern most point without building a fire except once when i first started my journey and my toon still lives.

How is it extreme??  I just posted a video showing me sitting around for 20 mins, and I just barely reached the normal cold status.

Then it is inconsistent. Because I had hypothermia while running around with a coat, hat, hunting pants, military boots, a bag and a raincoat (because it was raining) shouldn't happen.

One thing that this thread has made me curious about is the big fluffy down parka. I imagine it has the best warmth values of any article of clothing and it wouldn't be crazy to imagine there are environmental times in the game when that amount of warmth may be what is required. Of course it may just be the case that it'll never get that cold in DayZ and the parka just lets you run around with your balls hanging out without getting cold, I haven't tested it enough to know.

What I find really strange is, I thought the temp system worked ok right after .49 hit stable. It was missing some things like generating heat by running. It wasn't worth complaining about. .49 was probably one of the better patches that hit stable as far in a functional since. Then the hot fix came......:/.....

Why in the hell did they screw it all up with this hot fix with these exaggerated warped weather effects broken body temp system? Whos dumb ass idea was that? I don't really wanna hear the "Its Alpha" excuse....becuase they got it right after stable patch .49 the 1st time...then screwed it up with a hot fix. This is pure Half Hazard Asshatery

Just dosn't make any logical since. Makes me really think there someone on the development team who really dosn't have a clue about out door survival or was just done for the sole reason of making the game more of a pain in the ass, with out any regard to realism. Sometimes I sware, they really lose me sometimes. Just don't get it. What are you guys doing?

And for PETE sakes!!! Whats with this stupid "you can only chop down 4 trees" with an axe bull shit! Come on! Jesus H Christ!

and of rant! See you guys next patch:)

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

The temperature system really needs some changes. My character has a pristine cargo pants, pristine wool coat, pristine mountain boots, pristine wool cap, pristine gloves. And Still im Cold EVERYWHERE!

My clothes are all pristine, i have a healthy status and i am completely dry. And still i get the cold status everywere except when i sit near a fire.

The temperature system really needs some changes. My character has a pristine cargo pants, pristine wool coat, pristine mountain boots, pristine wool cap, pristine gloves. And Still im Cold EVERYWHERE!

My clothes are all pristine, i have a healthy status and i am completely dry. And still i get the cold status everywere except when i sit near a fire.

Well in real life doesnt matter wth peopole wear you can wear 20 coats eventually your gonna get cold it will seep in and you will freeze so find stuff to make a fire and slow down that process go indoors etc etc common sense it actually can be applied to the gameplay but hell its alpha and they just rolled the patch out for weather EXPECT changes to it as we go be a little contructive when giving feed back as well instead of sounding like bratty 12 year olds ima go with 12 since 90% of the encounters ingame have been against groups of sqeeky kids.

It's a known issue that wet status indication isn't working properly. People are likely having problems surviving because of this.

Well in real life doesnt matter wth peopole wear you can wear 20 coats eventually your gonna get cold it will seep in and you will freeze so find stuff to make a fire and slow down that process go indoors etc etc common sense it actually can be applied to the gameplay but hell its alpha and they just rolled the patch out for weather EXPECT changes to it as we go be a little contructive when giving feed back as well instead of sounding like bratty 12 year olds ima go with 12 since 90% of the encounters ingame have been against groups of sqeeky kids.

What.

1) Learn to punctuate. It literally took me 5 minutes to read and understand 3 lines of text.

2) ....Not really. I've climbed a 3,000 foot high mountain, where the air temp was sub-zero (F), with wind speeds of 40+mph, wearing little more than a fleece parka, a cap, gloves, and jeans. I was overheating. So long as you are protected from the wind and insulated from the ground, you can literally sit down on the ground in sub-zero temps and be fine, so long as you are properly dressed. I've done it.

3) Ah, the old " you must be 12 because I disagree with what you say". Go away

4) This  IS  constructive criticism. By and far, this thread has been pretty level and polite.

• Like 1

It's a known issue that wet status indication isn't working properly. People are likely having problems surviving because of this.

Do we know it's just the indicator?

What I find really strange is, I thought the temp system worked ok right after .49 hit stable. It was missing some things like generating heat by running. It wasn't worth complaining about. .49 was probably one of the better patches that hit stable as far in a functional since. Then the hot fix came......:/.....

Why in the hell did they screw it all up with this hot fix with these exaggerated warped weather effects broken body temp system? Whos dumb ass idea was that? I don't really wanna hear the "Its Alpha" excuse....becuase they got it right after stable patch .49 the 1st time...then screwed it up with a hot fix. This is pure Half Hazard Asshatery

Just dosn't make any logical since. Makes me really think there someone on the development team who really dosn't have a clue about out door survival or was just done for the sole reason of making the game more of a pain in the ass, with out any regard to realism. Sometimes I sware, they really lose me sometimes. Just don't get it. What are you guys doing?

And for PETE sakes!!! Whats with this stupid "you can only chop down 4 trees" with an axe bull shit! Come on! Jesus H Christ!

and of rant! See you guys next patch:)

3/10 you had me going there, I thought you were serious for a couple sentences. The Half Hazard Asshatery gave it away though :/

I have been away from DayZ since last October...something new killing people, same ol same ol. Its an alpha I understand.

But I am glad to see others are having issues and its not just me. I started last night, ran around in the pitch black for an hour and got food and drinks. Played today for 30 minutes and got weapons, and decent gear started up. Then I find a plane crash in berezino (sp?) and investigate. I'm noticing after a server restart and no other players, theres little to ZERO loot. So I see a school and I head in. Maybe 3 items period.

While in the school, it starts raining. Within 2 minutes, my character starts sneezing, coughing, I have that infection/cold thingy around my blood symbol, and it starts going down in a few minutes. Im hydrated, fed, full blood, and temp is fully red. Then I can barely see, I have a hatchet, pistol, gun, and cant switch to my flashlight and put my hatchet on my belt because it keeps saying theres no room..okay whatever, so now I have to drop a weapon in order to use my flashlight? right...

Since my blood started going down to about half, I decided to run in the dark for the hell of it and just let a few zeds eat me so I could die. No more cold, problem solved.

Point...same ol same ol. Dying from something other than what was intended in the game and highly unrealistic lol. Cant wait until 2040 when this game is complete and there are limited bugs :)

Well in real life doesnt matter wth peopole wear you can wear 20 coats eventually your gonna get cold it will seep in and you will freeze so find stuff to make a fire and slow down that process go indoors etc etc common sense

This is exactly the type of nonsense on this board that makes me want to cry tears of laughter about how little some people know about the outdoors. Do some research about what troops went through in the World Wars. Many spent weeks in wet trenches with no fire but just a cup of piss-warm coffee that was brought to them every few days.

Even in a winter's night you don't necessarily NEED a fire to not die of exposure. It is sufficient to be dressed warm and be well covered with a blanket and preferrably have some kind of isolation from the ground. I'm not saying you won't get disease or trench foot from this lifestyle in the long run, but you will not suffer this type of thing within minutes or even hours.

Edited by ColonelBurton
  • Like 1

This is exactly the type of nonsense on this board that makes me want to cry tears of laughter about how little some people know about the outdoors. Do some research about what troops went through in the World Wars. Many spent weeks in wet trenches with no fire but just a cup of piss-warm coffee that was brought to them every few days.

Even in a winter's night you don't necessarily NEED a fire to not die of exposure. It is sufficient to be dressed warm and be well covered with a blanket and preferrably have some kind of isolation from the ground. I'm not saying you won't get disease or trench foot from this lifestyle in the long run, but you will not suffer this type of thing within minutes or even hours.

In the base of my backpack, I carry a little rubber mat, about 1 foot square and 1 inch thick. I love that thing! Stand on it like an anti-fatigue mat, then sit on it as insulation from the ground.

I have been away from DayZ since last October...something new killing people, same ol same ol. Its an alpha I understand.

But I am glad to see others are having issues and its not just me. I started last night, ran around in the pitch black for an hour and got food and drinks. Played today for 30 minutes and got weapons, and decent gear started up. Then I find a plane crash in berezino (sp?) and investigate. I'm noticing after a server restart and no other players, theres little to ZERO loot. So I see a school and I head in. Maybe 3 items period.

While in the school, it starts raining. Within 2 minutes, my character starts sneezing, coughing, I have that infection/cold thingy around my blood symbol, and it starts going down in a few minutes. Im hydrated, fed, full blood, and temp is fully red. Then I can barely see, I have a hatchet, pistol, gun, and cant switch to my flashlight and put my hatchet on my belt because it keeps saying theres no room..okay whatever, so now I have to drop a weapon in order to use my flashlight? right...

Since my blood started going down to about half, I decided to run in the dark for the hell of it and just let a few zeds eat me so I could die. No more cold, problem solved.

Point...same ol same ol. Dying from something other than what was intended in the game and highly unrealistic lol. Cant wait until 2040 when this game is complete and there are limited bugs :)

We are talking about the Standalone, not the Mod. 

1. You get hit by rain, you are immediately soaked through. I thought this might just be a message bug, but I promptly start cooling off at the same time.

2. "Promptly getting cold" and "You are freezing", then dying of hypothermia in full pristine gear? It's kind of suggests something went wrong with the  update.

It's an Alpha, these things happen. This might be the first one that it makes me put it into unplayable Territory, simply because you do die within 15 minutes no matter what. It was suggested to me to play on Verilayer.com servers, and it does seem the problem does not exist there...

That cold bug was there at some point of experimental I believe. At least I remember reading before about that before the hotfix. Bad bug have slipped in? Or is that some kind of an infection or something else that hasn't been told?

There has to be a bug. Me and my friend had both the same woolcoat (worn), cowboyhat, gloves and pants. I got cold all the time and sometimes freezing. He did not, just got the message getting colder. The funny thing is we checked our temperature and mine was 35,7 and his 35. I was cold, he was not.

Anyway. I almost freeze to death every 30 min fully geared with woolcoats and everything. Oh yeah, and fuck hackers

Edited by aasand

I use the protable gas stove to keep warm. It only takes two spots in my inventory and doesn't ruin my axe. I turn it on and squat over the thing until my chesnuts are nice and toasty, usually only a few min at most. ;)

Another weird comment I can't make heads of tails of. As far as I know (and I just tested it out a few minutes ago to confirm) the gas stove does squat to warm me up

I just sat in a closed gatehouse with the thing directly under my chest and under my butt and it did absolutely nothing.

Another weird comment I can't make heads of tails of. As far as I know (and I just tested it out a few minutes ago to confirm) the gas stove does squat to warm me up

I just sat in a closed gatehouse with the thing directly under my chest and under my butt and it did absolutely nothing.

Yeah i dont believe the gas stove provides any personal heat and i desperately tried as i was one of the guys that got the vybor in your undies bug(constantly) and the first time it happened it was night in the rain and vybor seemed pretty looted out, as all i could find for warmth was the freddy crugar tshirt and a gas stove and bottle that i set up and stood over until i froze to death ...

Edit , this was prior to the hotfix patch so that may have changed but i doubt it .

Edited by SoulFirez

For me it's fine i think. With shirt and jeans i survived the Way from Kamyshovo to Balota! 

And i don't become cold with a whoolcoat or a daunjacket. (If i'm not wet)

That should be ok for a country like Chernarus.

This issue looks like a server related bug. It looks like Seasons (winter, autumn, spring, summer) were implemented in the game. Yesterday i was in a sunny server, looked like spring time. Hogs running around in the fields, a zed chasing a deer  (i find that so funny, zeds acttually chase live animals), no clouds, birds in the air, a soft brise, zeds chasing me, the perfect sunday afternoon in chernarus. I was getting the message slowly or promptly getting cold. The server owner thatn decided to do a private run and i went to another server. I spawn in the same place in the middle of a storm. Heavy rain, thunder, windy like hell, and i was getting warmer and warmer. 

If it isnt a bug, than i have to say that the bohemia crew is doing an awsome job in the weather system. I live in Portugal, and in fact, during the winter, sunny days are usually much coolder than rainy days. I think it has something to do with the humidity concentration. High levels of humidity gives you warmer temperatures. Low concentration of humidity, colder temperatures.

Edited by Rodsin

the way he's using the compas in the vid is the best way to use it now. don't have to switch gear in your hands, look down at it, then switch back... the way the compas is pointing in the inspection window is the way it would point if it were in your hands... very simple, quick and efficient

Guys, quick question:

Last night a friend of mine got unconciouss because of hypo-
we try to bring him on again but TWO epis didn't work, and resusitation didnt help either, he finally pass out, and he died.-

It's this might be related to the hypo getting him unconciouss?? and that's the reason why epi didnt wake him up? anyone else passing trough the same?