LucidHills

How did you first taste blood?

I'm curious how people were driven to kill for the first time?

My first kill was when I was looting with a friend when we were suddenly under sniper fire. Running for cover my friend goes down just as I reach the sanctuary of a warehouse type building. This was my first taste of any combat in DayZ and I'll be honest. I was shitting myself, physically shaking and everything. As I sat there I heard movement. I had unknowingly ran straight to the building the sniper was on but the only way down from the roof was a ladder so I positioned myself and waited taking him out 5 minutes later when he'd figured I'd run away or logged off. 

Gonna have to say it was when I was the mod a long while back, a guy had a car and he stopped in elektro and He got knocked out by zombies, killed him took his car and drove to berenzino crashing it and losing it

• Like 1

it was a week or two after buying the game. looted my way up to the top of the construction site and paused to look around. then saw someone less geared than me with only a helmet, crowbar and kiddy pack. so I show him where a giant mountain pack was sitting.. my screen flashes grey and I look up to see him whacking at me with the crowbar. thankful I had a motorcycle helmet too and they were iron plated at the time.

I took out my fire axe and we chased each other in circles Benny Hill style till he fell over dead.

not the most thrilling of kills by any means but it was my first pvp in dayz and I was so excited I almost forgot to bandage myself

• Like 1

Running on the hills that go along that big highway. My screen is at incredibly low blood, and I'm runnin about on full server, hoping for people who can heal me. As I make it to the top of one hill, I stop to see where I am. As soon as I stopped, I hear "Yo." I turn around, and I'm promptly punched in the face. I awake shortly, in nothing but my shoes and ushanka. 

"Look, I don't want yo loot. I wanna know where we is."

"Uhhh..."

I point him in the directions (I think) Berezino, Rify, and  Cherno were.

He dropped my stuff, and begged me to kill him. I did so.

As for actual combat, nah. Only combat I've been apart of, I get mowed down by three assholes with duped M4s and duped infinite mags. Like one time, I'm runnin down the highway on a low pop server. Suddenly, burst of bullets. I move to the right, down to the water, and prone. I begin crawling, hopefully they won't notice me. Nope, bang bang bang bang. I equip my SKS, hoping to get every single one of em so I can hide their bodies and they need to start over. (Ofc I'd take an M4, but dispose of the clip.) Nope, they shoot me, I bleed. Boom, unconcious, boom, dead.

"Good shot guys, I guess..." I say.

"Enjoy the guns, I guess.." I say. (I had been hording a shitton of pistols, including like 2 Engraved Colts. For a rare gun. I find like one a day.)

About 5 minutes after starting the game for the first time. I spawned just south of solnichny, meticulously searched that first isolated little house there for about 5 minutes, and as I leave I see a guy running up and punching me. Surprisingly I end up successfully defending myself... Only to aimlessly wander around bleeding until I died.

When I first started playing I was shot and killed a number of times immediately after spawning on the coast, Then got killed after I put together a decent kit while attempting to trade, that happened again. It was then that I started to avoid other players except when an opportunity presented itself to exact revenge from anyone that I could lay my sights on. Electro turned out to be an excellent and target rich environment. I made no distinction, unequipped players, half equipped players and fully equipped players were all viable targets. I've mellowed a bit these days but I still avoid other players if I can. If not I shoot first and ask questions later. 

Edited by Xbow

It's been a long time since I last played DayZ, and just started again last night. Grouped up with a pair of friends and hiked from Elektro to the Balota Airfield. We loot, log off, go to bed. Then today, I find a low pop server and decide to hit the airfield again, and hoof it north somewhere. So I go in the barracks first, as that is where I want to go, maybe find some .357 ammo as I only have 8 shots. First barracks, an AK mag...meh, leave it, I want an MP5 mag. Next barracks, I find an AK...hmmm, yes please. I pick it up, ditching my CZ rifle, thinking I'll turn around and pick up that AK mag....oh hi there person at the door. I duck in a room and say I just wanna leave, he can have my rifle. I DROP the rifle and he says fine, you can go. I run out and likely scare the guy, so he puts a pistol shot in my gut, ruining my last set of bandages.

So, bleeding and thinking I'ma die, I head to the coast to hide my gear. I wait as a rainstorm starts. I eat my food, take some painkillers, and decide to kill this bastard that shot me. I groan, realizing my 2 spare rounds of .357 are ruined....Oh well. Bleeding, with a bandana and just my cargo pants, I charge into the airfield. I see him going into the control tower. I run in, up, and turn. Bang bang bang! Miss. He turns, pulls out his pickaxe. Bang! Miss again, two shots left! BANG! He swings the pickaxe. I hit him in the head and imidiatly start to loot him. BANDAGES!!!! FOOD! A Mosin Nagant! Mine! Loot, book it back to my gear and smile as I run into the woods, better geared than when I had been shot.

And if he had not shot me, I would not of been desperate enough to suicide charge him

I'm very squeamish about taking life, but was told that airfields are strict warzones, regardless of the server or any other circumstances... So I went to the NWAF with a friend of mine, the jail building, when I noticed a guy running towards the jail from the hangars. I stepped back and waited for him to come over. Shot 10 rounds from my SKS, reloaded and repeated with another 10 rounds straight into his ass. :D Everything was absolutely ruined on the poor chap. A firing squad would have been more gentle. My friend had a good laugh at my perseverance in making sure the guy's completely and doubtlessly dead. Well, what can I say, a warzone is a warzone (although now I plan to refrain from KOSing altogether unless on PvP servers).

And I remember the first situation when I was by myself on an HC server. Spotted two heavily-armed guys north of Berezino, near a supermarket. I hid under the stairs in one of the blocks and waited with my longhorn (a single-shot gun, mind you) drawn. Then a Zed appeared before me and screamed like a Zed does. I frantically axed him with shaking hands and hid again, silently begging the guys not to investigate (I thought I can get the first guy and the second one will get me). After what felt like eternity I ran away. In short, nothing serious happened and can't recall when was the last time I had so many emotions in a video game. That's what I like in DayZ. :)

About 5 minutes after starting the game for the first time. I spawned just south of solnichny, meticulously searched that first isolated little house there for about 5 minutes, and as I leave I see a guy running up and punching me. Surprisingly I end up successfully defending myself... Only to aimlessly wander around bleeding until I died.

Haha, I had a very similar experience for my first kill. Some guy out of nowhere comes up mumbling something and punching me. So I proceed to knock him out. Afterwards the guy on the mic kept talking, I forgot the name he said, but he goes, "(name) did he just knock you out, (name) did you just lose"

I told (name) I was sorry then carried on.

Friend was teaching me to shoot with range and all that at the Berezino docks. I moved onto moving targets and killed a new spawn running through Berezino. 

I bit my tongue by accident while eating.......and from there carnage of on a massive destructive scale happened.

I got punched in the mouth so I waded into the flurry of punches and started choking the little fucker. Then a teacher walked around the corner. Good times.

in the mod - some uber geared guy found me running around like an idiot and gave me an M249. i killed him with it and took all his stuff

SA - gnarly melee over like nothing, one can of food or something. we'd both clearly only spawned in minutes before, i had a screwdriver and he had a wrench. SO MUCH BLOOD

I'm curious how people were driven to kill for the first time?

My first kill was when I was looting with a friend when we were suddenly under sniper fire. Running for cover my friend goes down just as I reach the sanctuary of a warehouse type building. This was my first taste of any combat in DayZ and I'll be honest. I was shitting myself, physically shaking and everything. As I sat there I heard movement. I had unknowingly ran straight to the building the sniper was on but the only way down from the roof was a ladder so I positioned myself and waited taking him out 5 minutes later when he'd figured I'd run away or logged off. 

Emptied a thirty round AKM mag into two KOSers at once at the NWAF, both of them died.

Saw some one shoot a bambi with a mosin so i blasted his head with a blaze

Like my 2nd day playing, I was robbed by some people... then they were actually kinda cool and they brought me to bolata airfield. One of them got sniped, I grabbed his ak101, the other guy dealt with the sniper.  A few minutes later I catch a guy flanking us. With absolute control and composure... i panic and lose the ability to use big boy words to call out his location. "OMG whos that... over here over here... who are you who are you" ... charge the bush spraying and praying like a pro... we killed each other.

• Like 1

around 10 hours on the game

With buddy up at NWAF in block of trees between the army barracks and the hangars I believe

See group of 2 guys running towards us

Pretend to run away amongst the trees towards hangars

Shout to friend to get into cover

Both hiding in trees

Wait for them to go past

See both run past my tree

Try to take a shot at 1, hands shaking immensely, can barely get him in the sights

Take shot *bloodsplatter*

Guy #2 does a 90 degree turn and runs towards airstrip

Re-target, and shoot again - Guy #1 goes down

Can't aim at guy from adrenaline, call to friend

Friend pops out tree and levels him

Most exhilirating experience in a game, ever. Hooked.

#thatfirstbloodfeel

• Like 1

In the mod, a guy with an AKM was lying down at the stairs in the Balota ACT and pointing the AKM at me, so I shot him. Turns out he had no mags for it and had really poor gear, so I guess he had a broken leg too.