SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Bump.

What does this mean?

There...isn't going to be a trader or anything is there? Or does that mean a trading system between players?(like you can ever trust people to give you stuff and not immediately attack you)

It's not so much a gameplay mechanic as It is a game engine mechanic ... Basically its purpose is too make sure there aren't a ton of rare items and weapons spawning too often on each server .. So the way I perceive it is all stable servers soon will have to also connect to a new part of the hive that deals with controlling amounts of rare/"elite" items .

For instance when svds come out the central economy part of the main hive will be monitoring how many svds are in each server and will start deleting (or just not letting them spawn) some of these said "elite" items such as the Svd when the total amount of allowable svds is reached ..

This is A great way to regulate how rare items spawn more dynamically and essentially creates a reason to trade (as some people will hardly ever see some of these rare items let a lone a pristine one ) , at first I'm sure people won't like it but after a while everyone will get used to the fact that some items are super rare (although they won't be "the best items" they will just be very powerful in a certain sense , like the Svd sniper rifle or explosives ...this system basically helps prevent people hoping servers , but mostly helps servers not deal out too many crazy items like being able to find a grenade in the same spot on a different server will be 100% harder)

Getting nothing but wait for host a a large hand full of servers waiting 5 mins or longer doesn't work. :(

Constant rain on 4 servers so far. No loot on one, froze to death. Rubberbanding on another and on another the desynch was so bad I was forced to give up on that server too. As someone mentioned before if all you can do is freeze to death what's the use. 

has anyone got the issues where you can't open any doors on certain servers?

• Like 1

Constant rain on 4 servers so far. No loot on one, froze to death. Rubberbanding on another and on another the desynch was so bad I was forced to give up on that server too. As someone mentioned before if all you can do is freeze to death what's the use. 

You don't freeze to death if you:

a) Find proper clothing

b ) Find proper rain protection

c) Stay dry

d) Start a fire

Haven't managed to freeze to death once on experimental. If there are indeed loot issues, then you can have a little of my sympathy. After all, it *is* a survival game.  ;)

Also don't forget you can ring out your clothes. 

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

You don't freeze to death if you a) Find proper clothing b ) Find proper rain protection c) Stay dry d) Start a fire. Haven't managed to freeze to death once on experimental. If there are indeed loot issues, then you can have a little of my sympathy.  ;)

I love this.  Matches and an axe are now pretty much mandatory for me.

• Like 1

has anyone got the issues where you can't open any doors on certain servers?

Yep. On at least 2 different servers.

Oh nooo's... I'm at the mercy of the god of doors.

Edited by Dennus

I think the doors have to do with the random open or close. even though the server says they're open you gotta click a couple times because the icon says different.

I hadn't, but as you can see, the update is out now for sure. Have at it!

From the wipe or a new version? Either way, yes, of course!

Experimental pretty much always gets wiped, at least in my experience. Every new build even.

Yep every new patch wipes on experimental.  The exception is a hot fix.  I don't mind the wipes because it makes you go out and look for stuff and try new things.  I am very happy they finally wiped stable.  Haven't played on stable for a long time because of those folks that had bugged/exploited equipment.

• Like 1

This is odd, i can't open doors on stable 0.49, is this a known bug?

As I was playing earlier, everything was working fine including doors. As I was picking apples, the action menu stopped popping up. Then I tried moving things in my inventory. Nothing. Tried opening doors, nothing (not even the "open" cursor). I assumed the server had crashed but I never got a message so I just switched servers. Not sure if this is the same issue or not.

As I was playing earlier, everything was working fine including doors. As I was picking apples, the action menu stopped popping up. Then I tried moving things in my inventory. Nothing. Tried opening doors, nothing (not even the "open" cursor). I assumed the server had crashed but I never got a message so I just switched servers. Not sure if this is the same issue or not.

Yea it's the same issue, when i walk up to a door the "open" cursor does not appear.

I have tryed 3 different servers now, same on all.

The wierd thing is that it worked the first hour of playing.

a) Find proper clothing

c) Stay dry

d) Start a fire

Haven't managed to freeze to death once on experimental. If there are indeed loot issues, then you can have a little of my sympathy. After all, it *is* a survival game.  ;)

Found out today on my server that fires don't put off heat when inside buildings. I was inside the Piano house on the 2nd floor and continued to freeze with it blazing. Only until I went outside and started the fire there, did I start to slowly warm up. You can burn yourself now and melt your face!!! Just text messages but I assume if you stand too close for too long you'll go unconscious and/or die. 

I didn't check to see if this was reported yet so sorry if its already known. 

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 1

Getting soaked while walking on the quay. Its not raining and I'm not in the water, hmm.

Also had the duplicate item thing with some sticks.

The stun baton is great on zombies, One whack and they're down, one more wack and they're dead. You need to save your battery for when you find one though.

I also died from Freezing to death. Simply because there were no clothes and it rained all the time.

Cars and trucks are not spawning loot, neither is the blue camper vans.

Well after one hour and fifteen minutes I'm half way to being fully equipped again after my CHAR stupidly got wiped. As a symbol of protest when I get a scope for my SKS and a good load of ammunition or an AKM I'll celebrate by killing as many new spawns and half equipped players as I can in a ten hour period across a number of servers. Its the least I can do to give myself the random revenge I need and crave.

Will the wipe cure the hacker problem....don't you believe it. The bottom feeding hackers will find new methods of cheating as they always do.   

kiss my flashlight :lol:

One good thing is that I have observed that the Zeds are not glitch hitting from a distance at the moment.   

Edited by Xbow

i found this bug: if you have mosin and longhorn (i guess it's no longer rare) and you load both, you need to reload each gun again everytime you switch hands. maybe it's with all non-magazine weapons? or just the ones with same ammo? magnum seems fine because of speedloader.

and where is my ak101? i looted the airfield twice (server restart) and there wasn't a single one... not even magazines. the tents were pretty empty.

Edited by drunkenteddybear

"Player can no longer change weapon when in water"

I think this is unfortunate.

In other games I was frustrate by not being able to switch to a knife/melee weapon when needed. For example meeting a zombie in the water. It would reflect reality in being able to switch.

Otherwise, I do really enjoy the game. Thanks

Peter

• Like 1

I've been to 4 different servers, and each time I switch the messages read

my leg is in pain

my leg is broken

you are dead

WTF, it's like switching servers drops me off a cliff! wtf is going on?

I too am getting the door bug on every single server I change to. Which is odd, because it was working when I first started playing today. And switching back to servers that it worked on previously, still does not work. By the door bug, I mean that I cannot open or close doors with F, no menu appears with the mouse scroll wheel, and the door icon does not even show up when I look at the door.

I've also had the issue with zombies not aggroing. Can walk up to them, punch them in the face, they just stand there, unmoving.

Also tried to eat a green bell pepper, and my character went fully prone while doing it, then started playing the drinking animation.

I too am getting the door bug on every single server I change to. Which is odd, because it was working when I first started playing today. And switching back to servers that it worked on previously, still does not work. By the door bug, I mean that I cannot open or close doors with F, no menu appears with the mouse scroll wheel, and the door icon does not even show up when I look at the door.

I've also had the issue with zombies not aggroing. Can walk up to them, punch them in the face, they just stand there, unmoving.

Also tried to eat a green bell pepper, and my character went fully prone while doing it, then started playing the drinking animation.

Don't know whether its random or just specific servers.

Can anyone confirm missing helis? (none in balota swamp or kumyrna) And now another stable patch without smersh vest... :(

a) Find proper clothing

c) Stay dry

d) Start a fire

I haven't found starting a fire to be necessary if you are properly clothed, dry, and stay moving.

Found out today on my server that fires don't put off heat when inside buildings. I was inside the Piano house on the 2nd floor and continued to freeze with it blazing. Only until I went outside and started the fire there, did I start to slowly warm up. You can burn yourself now and melt your face!!! Just text messages but I assume if you stand too close for too long you'll go unconscious and/or die. 

I didn't check to see if this was reported yet so sorry if its already known. 

Uh oh! Thanks for the heads-up.

Will the wipe cure the hacker problem....don't you believe it.

It won't, but it does reduce the number of different player-related issues we have to face.

• Like 1

gotta say starting us naked was unnecessary and kind of a dick move.  you spawn new and there's nothing for miles you can tear into bandages.  or a pocket to put them in.

the game is now even more about pvp - kill the first person you see with pants, because there are no other pants.

[edit]  nvm - it's some bug apparently.

Edited by Red_Ensign