SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Fixed :

-Shotgun pellets in multiplayer are now working

Does this also mean they nerfed the damage back to normal? Or will we get a cone of doom now?

I love how with one picture I started derailing the thread. IB4 mods clean-up.

You knew exactly what you were doing. In your first post you already knew you were breaking rules. Have some time off to think about this.

Everyone else:

Keep it on topic.

gypsy

We have rules against this as well, you know?

Have some time off.

8) Hypocrisy:

Please don't break the rules to stop other rule breakers, or to prove a point. Just because they did it, doesn't mean you can do it as well, nor should you evade a ban to prove a 'point'.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 6

Update showing 12Gb but its downloading too fast. i have only 4MB internet speed. 
wats wrong? is there any bug in Download ?

Holy shize!! I can't wait to get outta work and play stable !! Any word on a new experimental ? Lol .

not getting any update, was in exp branch ... should i just switch to stable ?

yes

not getting any update, was in exp branch ... should i just switch to stable ?

Yes you should , to get stable updates you must switch back .. If you have a good internet it's not too bad ... My computer is downloading the update at home I hope it didn't shut off as I want to play without waiting tonight after work lol :/

Edit:if anyone finds anything REALLY COOL please post it here ASAP in spoilers if images ... I need something to keep me going at work lol , only gotta make it to 9 :P

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Loot doesn't seem to spawn inside jeeps and near trucks (and if experimental is anything to go by, military tents).

Did anybody experience a character wipe? I think I logged out in a safe spot but can't rule out a respawn, or having made a mess when resetting the config...

Good News! Going to check it out when I get home!

...so did the do a CHR wipe on everyone?

Edited by CJFlint

Did anybody experience a character wipe? I think I logged out in a safe spot but can't rule out a respawn, or having made a mess when resetting the config...

Yes all stable characters have been wiped with the .49 patch push to stable ... Experimental might be wiped too but we have to wait and see (I assume it will be as they wanted a clean wipe from glitched ammo and stuff).

• Like 1

Continues rain on the server i am in, getting hypotermia every 5 min this isnt even fun anymore.

Had some new spawn at the north of Svetlo

Blocking zombies with doors works preety well, was almost 100% accuracy for me, they just sometimes slip in when you close door in front of their faces

I'm guessing 7.62x39mm having weight has something to do with bullet drop, but that is only a guess.

The magnum seems to be a bit glitchy.  I accidently reloaded a speed loader (trying to open a door...) but the loader stayed in my inventory, yet the gun in my hand said it was attached.  Couldn't detach speedloader, but unloading it would unload both the gun and the speed loader in my backpack.  Idk.

Later, I accidently threw a magnum.  Picking it up again, a copy was left on the floor.  I put it in my hands immediately, but when i switched to my axe to kill a zombie, the magnum disappeared, only to appear back to the spot i threw it.  Picked it up again, copy on the floor, all that stuff.  Fired a shot to make sure it was working; it was.  Logged out with it in my hands, immediately logged back into the same server, magnum was gone from my hands and gone from the spot I left it.

Bugreport ! RAWR!

When i am a fresh spawn, i carry a banana in my hands as a sign of kindness whenever i can. So did I today as well. ( Also wished every player i've encountered a happy update day. All of them were happy about it ).

However, since a banana is not the ultimate melee weapon, i decided to pick up a Machete while having the banana in my hands. Pulling out the Machete via hotkeys actually destroyed the banana. It was still in my inventory, but i couldnt interact with it anymore ( right clicking only showed up "Recieving....", also i couldnt drop it )

And to add insult to injury, when i encountered my first zombie, i found out that a banana might be the better melee weapon compared to a machete. ( To be clear here: Melee was fine for me, the machete only has the damage equivalent of a flyswatter )

Bohemia, you owe me a banana.

Srsly. If a man can't interact with his banana anymore, shit hits the fan.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 7

I was last exp build ... you got any update or any chance to go into a server ?

I hadn't, but as you can see, the update is out now for sure. Have at it!

Man i cant wait for everything to be fresh once again  :D

From the wipe or a new version? Either way, yes, of course!

Yes all stable characters have been wiped with the .49 patch push to stable ... Experimental might be wiped too but we have to wait and see (I assume it will be as they wanted a clean wipe from glitched ammo and stuff).

Experimental pretty much always gets wiped, at least in my experience. Every new build even.

What exactly is the first iteration of central economy doing?

Bump.

What does this mean?

There...isn't going to be a trader or anything is there? Or does that mean a trading system between players?(like you can ever trust people to give you stuff and not immediately attack you)

Melee is greatly improved.

Loot tables seem to be better balanced across the board. Found some nice starter loot but it wasn't too easy.

I'm seeing more zeds in general too, though I might be imagining that.

Fighting zeds head on, aim high or miss completely, strafing to their sides and back are more effective.

To avoid switching between hotkeys bug I am only keeping melee weapon on number 1 and nothing else.

Rifle and compass I'm switching to in the inventory screen.

I've found that if you escape from the inventory screen it clips or mutes the sound of eating/drinking/bandages.

I was able to drink a Spite twice by spamming the action button at the end of the animation, like the old searching for berries trick.

Delayed damage or damage for clothes not showing unless inventory added or article removed from body and replaced.

Melee is greatly improved. If you're having trouble you're either doing it wrong or are having horrible lag  :P . That being said, some individual weapons still need some work. For anyone having trouble in general, I recommend using the animation itself in order to aim, not the crosshairs. Works great for me.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1