SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Did you try to log out and join a different server?

If so, try going back to the server you were on before you lost the character.

I know that a respawn bug from the last build was easily remedied by quickly logging out and back in as well.

Hope that helps a little if it happens again...

Thanks for the help but nah mate, i was joining back to the same server, I had my character wiped about 3 times yesterday, everytime after a server crash/restart and joining back to the same server after restart.  

Today I wasn't able to skin and quarter a boar with a damaged kitchen knife? I could on experimental 049.

And how about tents? Are they saved now?

one some servers they work, on some servers they don't work :D

just look @ the server's name. if there stands smth. like "persistence" or "persistence enabled" they work

Well after one hour and fifteen minutes I'm half way to being fully equipped again after my CHAR stupidly got wiped. 

You know 0.49 wiped everyone on purpose, that was the whole point. the messages have been on Stable/Exp for weeks and longer on the forums.

After stayed off  DayZ for 6 months. After patch 0.49 I started a next try. Works fine so far. Only one thing doesn't. I can't prone anymore. It is regardless wich key I bind to that function. It won't work. Anyone else had such problems?

Direx

Go into your controls and set them to the DayZ preset - should resolve this. :)

I have a weird bug that appears randomly. When i quickly press the quickbutton for my melee weapon and start hacking away, sometimes it changes to my gun for no reason whatsoever. Kinda annoying if your fighting a zombie or three.

I have a weird bug that appears randomly. When i quickly press the quickbutton for my melee weapon and start hacking away, sometimes it changes to my gun for no reason whatsoever. Kinda annoying if your fighting a zombie or three.

just read mate:

-Melee (When using rapid left click there is a high chance that melee weapon will get switched)

I was playing stable branch today with my friend, and he recorded our gameplay:

So, the guy was shot in the back, many times... what happened? was it because of the improvised backpack or was it just the crappy netcode?
Where did the bullets go? No blood, no sounds of anything being hit... Hopefully will be fixed soon.

Had a nice run though, nice patch otherwise.

Funny. :)

• Like 1

Try using a different weapon. From my experience, situtation atm:

Fists - ok

Axes - good

Hoe - good

Shovel - ok

Baseball bat - terrible

Pitchfork - useless

Pitchfork isn't useless. It's a one-shot-kill when hitting the head.

Most ppl make the mistake to sway it at the enemy but instead you have to wait until the animation goes from sway to stab. It's a little tricky but very effective

Go into your controls and set them to the DayZ preset - should resolve this. :)

Every time i join a server my game completely reset to default values. My player name changes back to windows user name and all controls and graphic settings getting set to default.

I did not change anything in windows and it never did that before .49 - Any idea?

(edit)

forgot to mention that it does that even when i change settings BEFORE i actually join a server. As soon i am on a server, everything is set back to default and i have to re-set everything while actually being on the server playing - After server restart and re-joining the same server all setting are back to default again

Edited by robophant

Pitchfork isn't useless. It's a one-shot-kill when hitting the head.

Most ppl make the mistake to sway it at the enemy but instead you have to wait until the animation goes from sway to stab. It's a little tricky but very effective

I've noticed the stab animation and waited untill it was done.

Maybe 1 hit out of 9 would produce results. Tried with both: standing right in front of the zed and a bit further from him.

Will test it again to check if it's just gets bugged sometimes (just like fists).

Dammit, was almost fully geared and died of hypothermia, within about 5 minutes I guess. I didn't have rain gear and when I started to get the messages I was hypothermic I found a relatively quiet spot in the woods, chopped firewood and kindling but couldn't light the fire because of the rain. I understood lighting a fire in a building doesn't radiate heat. I took shelter in a shed but that didn't help. So I tried to reach a building but died on the way there. What should I have done to not die?

Apart from zombies sometimes hitting from distance etc I've had no issues. I'm not 100% sure about what is and isn't persistent though. On an enabled server if I drop a bun somewhere will it still be there after restart or is it just backpacks and tents? Or what?

Dammit, was almost fully geared and died of hypothermia, within about 5 minutes I guess. I didn't have rain gear and when I started to get the messages I was hypothermic I found a relatively quiet spot in the woods, chopped firewood and kindling but couldn't light the fire because of the rain. I understood lighting a fire in a building doesn't radiate heat. I took shelter in a shed but that didn't help. So I tried to reach a building but died on the way there. What should I have done to not die?

I'm amazed it was so fast, I haven't become hypothermic yet. I think my first recommendation is not to ignore when you get the "cold" status. If you have no guaranteed way of getting warm/dry at that point, immediately take shelter and start wringing out your gear. It'll take some time to dry off and stop getting colder so if you're already hypothermic at that point you may already be too far gone. Of course, a second recommendation is to include "rain gear" in any sort of estimation of what "getting geared" means. An assault rifle doesn't make you any warmer.

• Like 1

The warmth - cold message is way off and yesterday i spent litterly 4 seconds in the rain, and i was soaked. Really not that logical.

The most sad part is that it´s hard to try out the new things on any server, because there has to be the "players" that kills everything that moves just out of spite.

No, im not upset, but it is you guys that are holding the development back, just so you know.

Why? Because if you keep killing people that are trying to test out features to report problems with it, it´s no rocketsience in the result. Delays!

I'm amazed it was so fast, I haven't become hypothermic yet. I think my first recommendation is not to ignore when you get the "cold" status. If you have no guaranteed way of getting warm/dry at that point, immediately take shelter and start wringing out your gear. It'll take some time to dry off and stop getting colder so if you're already hypothermic at that point you may already be too far gone. Of course, a second recommendation is to include "rain gear" in any sort of estimation of what "getting geared" means. An assault rifle doesn't make you any warmer.

I agree, an important item now is rain gear. However, I could wring out my clothes yesterday but it seems broken now.

So, the guy was shot in the back, many times... what happened? was it because of the improvised backpack or was it just the crappy netcode?

Where did the bullets go? No blood, no sounds of anything being hit... Hopefully will be fixed soon.

Had a nice run though, nice patch otherwise.

Funny. :)

Well me and my crew also met someone at Balota yesterday who survived 3 shots with the SKS in the belly but we chased him and in the end I shot him twice with the revolver and he died. I don't know how people manage to take so many bullets before they die. Is there some secret mechanic the devs aren't telling us about :P ?

Edited by raynor009

Have not seen any persistence what so ever.

Weird bug when using RMB to zoom, it decided to glitch out and zoom in and out constantly, especially when you have a scoped weapon.

I think there is too much text in the game now. At least move character messages to the bottom right side, since server messages and battleeye never shut up

Edited by MagneticToast

awesome update, cooking rabbit legs is not working by the way

INSTANTLY soaked after being in the rain for 2 seconds? C'mon. =P

I'd say this mechanic needs a fair bit of tweaking.

While me are on the subject of game mechanics, please explain how a leather jacket can go from Pristine to completely ruined in three punches. =P

Lovin' the game but if you are going for "realism"...

INSTANTLY soaked after being in the rain for 2 seconds? C'mon. =P

I'd say this mechanic needs a fair bit of tweaking.

While me are on the subject of game mechanics, please explain how a leather jacket can go from Pristine to completely ruined in three punches. =P

Lovin' the game but if you are going for "realism"...

Punches or lunging, grabbing, clawing, biting zombie attacks?

I tried cooking some deer meat.  As it was cooking in the pot (on a gas grill) it went from raw to burned.  Nothing in between.  I stood there watching it cook in the pot.  Pretty sure that is not working as intended. 

MP5-K dont spawn with the Buttstock OEM anymore meaning it's impossible to acquire effecting overall recoil

Yeah..i took everything off my hotbar because of this.