SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Liking the Weather/Temp system so far - Found it is not particularly hard to keep warm and I only ever started getting too hot once at midday after I'd piss-bolted away from a heavily armed group near Vybor.

I'm finding the Makarov and Mags quite common, though never any loose rounds or boxed ammo in the military locations in which it spawns. Though it seems a common suburban/terrace housing spawn item. Its looking like the Makarov is the new entry level sidearm.

Books are coming in handy once I start dropping my clean rags in favor of bandages - Currently got a copy of Call of Cthulu to tear pages from when I need to start a fire.

Ammo seems allot rarer, though mags seeming rarer still. Its a step in the direction I like, but I think empty mags should be more common and have ammo be the controlling factor of wether or not a person can rock and roll with their automatic. Or decide to lay low and live to fire another day.

Rain doesn't seem so bad as long as you ring out your clothing, seems to work fine aslong as I remember to use the trick to make it's status update properly.

In general, loot seems to be dropping in locations that suit it. I'm even finding CR and Sporter mags in suitable locations along with the weapons.

Zombie pathing has not been a problem for me, though I have had a few police station and piano house shootouts that have been pretty tense, I do notice that the ragdoll corpses block movement, which can be a problem, forgot to try vaulting over them though.

Horrible desync since the update. Any time I down someone or something it begins and the only resolution is to exit the server.

Horrible desync since the update. Any time I down someone or something it begins and the only resolution is to exit the server.

Strange. For my part I think this is one of the most stable stable releases in a long time (and the last couple of stables was really bad). Next to no desync, zombies fall down dead when they should and they don't teleport attack anymore. I can even change which weapon I wield with the action bar.

• Like 2

yes, tried stable yesterday. absolutely good performance, no desync, quite good fps in towns, no problems fight zombies down with fists or crowbar.

• Like 1

Its great, apart from amount of loot, every single kid can gear up within minutes, we are loosing the ''survival'' out of game... unless we can count survival as hiding from kids KOS...

Yeah, I hate those fucking CoD kiddies who kill me. They need to learn how to play the PROPER way. Avoiding bandits is not how a survival game is played, it is played by sitting on our asses and picking berries from a bush deep in the wilderness, away from all the other players.

Is it at all safe to drop my tent on any server? I don't see any servers that say persistence is on.

Imo persistence on 0.49 is nothing but phantasm, even the servers which claims persistence is on/enabled don't save your dropped stuff. And this is logical, because with every restart the server (all loot points) get cleaned and new loot does spawn. This system makes it impossible to save anything permanent on the map, it's the old loot system that we have since many months. Btw, persistence were disabled in 0.49 experimental too...

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 2

Whats about spawning all the time in vybor as a naked guy? I believe many people got this issue but noone talks about it. Any possibility to solve that?

Strange. For my part I think this is one of the most stable stable releases in a long time (and the last couple of stables was really bad). Next to no desync, zombies fall down dead when they should and they don't teleport attack anymore. I can even change which weapon I wield with the action bar.

Same here. The final Experimental build (124959) and this Stable build (124971) have been excellent for myself and the folks I play with. Aside from going backwards with persistence, it's been awesome.

Its great, apart from amount of loot, every single kid can gear up within minutes, we are loosing the ''survival'' out of game... unless we can count survival as hiding from kids KOS...

What exactly would you like to change? Serious question. Persistence seems to be disabled right now, but that will return and it will only get better as they fine tune it. That alone will make it harder for them to gear up -- it did on Experimental when it was enabled in 0.48 and earlier builds of 0.49. It was much harder to gear up unless you were very experienced and knew how to best utilize your time. Between a fully-implemented, fully-working system of persistence and constant tweaking of the loot tables, I think we'll be just fine.

Whats about spawning all the time in vybor as a naked guy? I believe many people got this issue but noone talks about it. Any possibility to solve that?

Hicks is on it! :)

Edited by Tatanko

Imo persistence on 0.49 is nothing but phantasm, even the servers which claims persistence is on/enabled don't save your dropped stuff. And this is logical, because with every restart the server (all loot points) get cleaned and new loot does spawn. This system makes it impossible to save anything permanent on the map, it's the old loot system that we have since many months. Btw, persistence were disabled in 0.49 experimental too...

The servers I played on seemed to work perfectly persistance wise.

Is anyone else having problems finding stuff it seems like with 0.49 the loot is way less and I mean way less like it took me 2 days to find 7.62x39 for my SKS witch is like the only gun I find anyways now and all me and my friend are finding are cattle prods, stun batons, telescopic batons and food LOL so is the loot system just not working right or are we just really unlucky since 0.49 dropped    

On my Server (Aschaffenburg/Frankfurt) Tents & persistance work "1/2" -> I could place my tent, put stuff in it. Restarted my server and Tent & Items where still there. Problem actual is, the persitance savegame file can easy be corrupted and prevent server to start again after a restart. So I had to delete the persitance file 2 days later and server worked again.

PS: Persistance must by manual enabled by the server admin. Some Servers don't have it enabled because of the bug which "kills" your persistance file.

Edited by grillstern

I just thought I would share my 'fix' for the problems I've encountered in 0.49

I, like many have had numerous problems with this update. Missing walls, noclipping, corrupt textures, low poly counts, horrendous frame rate as low as 7fps you name it..

Lots of folks seem to be experiencing similar and here's what I tried which seems to have worked.

When I originally installed SA I made copies of both the configs immediately. I've messed with them quite a bit so last night I decided to replace them BOTH with the original versions.

I then committed suicide and respawned.. bingo, all problems gone.

If it's of any consequence I noticed that the corrupt texture problem seemed to appear when direct sunlight shone on my character, perhaps an HDR problem? 

I'm not actually one for complaining too much about developers and priorities and deadlines and promises etc etc because I've been around gaming 'a while' but I am going to stick my neck out here and say that this is the first update since I started playing (December 2013) that really has sucked hard. This update seems to have more problems than a special school.

I hope they sort it soon.

Just thought I would share in case it helped anybody out.

Seems that we play "regular" at 1pp, you can see yourself on the map and everyone else whos at line of sight.

(Not sure if mentioned and not tested at 3pp)

Also, it might be that when you mending clothes, you have to stop to do it, running and mending might not work.

Not 100% sure, but worth to try. Tryed only once.

Played some 3pp today and map works fine there, but in 1pp you can still see you position.

Mending clothes in 3pp aint work correctly, after you fix your clothes, you need to drop them on ground and put back on and they are fixed as worn.

The servers I played on seemed to work perfectly persistance wise.

On my Server (Aschaffenburg/Frankfurt) Tents & persistance work "1/2" -> I could place my tent, put stuff in it. Restarted my server and Tent & Items where still there. Problem actual is, the persitance savegame file can easy be corrupted and prevent server to start again after a restart. So I had to delete the persitance file 2 days later and server worked again.

PS: Persistance must by manual enabled by the server admin. Some Servers don't have it enabled because of the bug which "kills" your persistance file.

Can you guys send me a personal message with the server name/description, I would like to test it. Thanks!

As a player (not admin) you have to search and test like an idiot (you waste much time and gear while doing this), because most servers don't have persistence in description or enabled. Some have enabled in the description though its not working. And if you finally find one server where it seems to "works" you probably are fucked because the servers get stucked or the admin has to wipe as you said. In fact useless, no reliance.   

Edited by Sharplooter

Played some 3pp today and map works fine there, but in 1pp you can still see you position.

Mending clothes in 3pp aint work correctly, after you fix your clothes, you need to drop them on ground and put back on and they are fixed as worn.

If you double-click on a mended item in your inventory it will replace it with the mended version :)

• Like 1

Poor excuse of mankind are everywhere, just got killed point blank from a invisible cheater. Guess it's time to put dayz SA too rest until beta and see if they still allow cheaters too run around and fuck up everyones experience. What's the point of alpha testing if you can actually test something cause your getting killed by lowlifes?

I'm happy with the apparent reduced ammo spawns. Now the KOSers have to come at me with axes and shovels instead of AKs and Mosins. Some guy tried to axe me in Svetlo, but my axe was faster!

anyone see balaclava colors other than the skull and the green one?

anyone see a tanker helmet that is badly damaged/worn/pristine? Cause of the 20+ ive found in .49, all of them have been damaged.

Haven't seen a balaclava at all. Not even on another survivor. Do they spawn in limited places?

Haven't seen a balaclava at all. Not even on another survivor. Do they spawn in limited places?

I have found a black balaclava a pink balaclava a beige balaclava a green balaclava but not the skull balaclava i found them in all sorts of places like bars and corner houses B)  

• Like 1

Anyone seen an ammo box? Haven't seen one since the 0.49 drop, and i've played probably 16 hours in that time...

Anyone seen an ammo box? Haven't seen one since the 0.49 drop, and i've played probably 16 hours in that time...

haven't seen one since forever...probably something like .47?

Last time i saw an ammo box was in a heli crash site so maybe there in the crash sites on this patch?

Anyone getting super bad "sun-glare" through solid objects (walls, cars, trees, even hills/mountains). It's making gameplay so bad for me. I almost have to only play on night only servers. Anyone have any fixes or suggestions on how to fix this? It's only been an issue since 0.49.

Thanks - Boots

Edited by Bootsmith