SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

I didnt suffer this issue during .49 exp but i have been for .49 stable . I have verified cache and i have re installed did not solve the problem, worse thing is my wife who doesnt do exp patches has had a perfect .49 stable run and i have taken to using her pc when she isnt using it to play lol..(makes no sense to me at all how it could be happening but it is...

Yeah, be aware that guns are rare, and magazines even rarer. I have found some mp5 magazines in the police stations though.

I've noticed, and not that I am complaining. I've actually been finding heaps of sporter mags and Makarov mags. Its basically like the two 'entry level' weapons are becoming easier to keep stocked.

I am finding that ammo is also incredibly rare, though 5.56 seems to be popping up in military places allot now. I find myself hoarding multiple ammo types till I get a weapon I that can use it. And a couple of times where I have seen a gunfight and considered joining in or thought about holding up another player, my lack of ammo has made me think twice a couple of times. That said, pistol mags of all kinds seem to spawn in police stations allot. So pistols are definitely going to see more use by people who don't like to rush straight for the nearest military base.

Is the hunting knife even spawning right now? I don't believe I've ever seen one.

Yes, I found yesterday night a combat knife (with black blade to clarify) at a black hawk crash site.

Yes, I found yesterday night a combat knife (with black blade to clarify) at a black hawk crash site.

he said hunting knife, not combat knife. We all know that they are spawning

Ups sorry, I doubt hunting knife is in DayZ SA. It's a Mod thing...

Edited by Sharplooter

I assume you're talking about the M9A1 Bayonet knife?  I have not seen it since the .48 update, if that's the knife you're talking about.

They specifically listed 'Hunting Knife' as a new item in the patch notes. Its a separate item I think.

And I saw a badly damaged M9A1 at a heli crash. Blackhawk type naturally.

Ups sorry, I doubt hunting knife is in DayZ SA. It's a Mod thing...

Well it was in the patch notes for .49 stable so I'm sure the spawns are just bugged like they always are for new weapons that are added ... But I hope they actually make the Hunting knife and the combat knife deadly in combat against another human player I would love to see someone take down an m4 wielding bandit with just a combat knife :)

Lol, I totally missed that in the notes... but yes when approx. 50% of the loot points that we know from the past don't spawn loot anymore in 0.49 its probably hard or impossible to find it.

I assume you're talking about the M9A1 Bayonet knife?  I have not seen it since the .48 update, if that's the knife you're talking about.

Nah, there's a different knife called "Combat Knife" that should be getting added (maybe? supposedly? it's a little confusing). As a matter of fact, the M9A1 is one of the few things you can't use to skin an animal (which is my goal here). I believe the SKS bayonet can, because it's more of a knife versus a point.

Yeah, be aware that guns are rare, and magazines even rarer. I have found some mp5 magazines in the police stations though.

I know and I love it! I would say that about an even 50/50 split of people have or don't have weapons when I encounter them now. Those that do don't seem quick to draw them, so my guess is they don't have any ammo for them :p Magazines and clips have definitely been hard to find, and as a result I've tended to stick with guns that have an internal magazine (e.g. SKS).

What basinox said. I do wish I could find a Combat Knife as well, I almost always have Military Boots on. If I could put a Hunting Knife in my Military Boots (or some other type of boots) that would be awesome.

Well, I actually managed to electrocute myself with a stun baton and fall and break my legs and die all at the same time while being the only person on the server on the third floor of the fire station in Sevrograd.  Ok then.

I can't get on with the "improved" melee system.

I was stabbing a zombie in the head over and over again with a pitchfork like it was a pin cushion and it just wouldn't go down.

Then I randomly got a drink out despite not having pressed any of the hot keys...

On the plus side though I did punch out a douchebag who came up and attacked me without saying hello..

Edited by DoctorBadSign

Far as I know they've always been up on blocks

Hmm I must of never noticed some did because i know for sure they all are not on blocks. For the simple reason i lay down to look under cars because sometimes items spawn glitches through the car to under them.... 

I can't get on with the "improved" melee system.

I was stabbing a zombie in the head over and over again with a pitchfork like it was a pin cushion and it just wouldn't go down.

Then I randomly got a drink out despite not having pressed any of the hot keys...

On the plus side though I did punch out a douchebag who came up and attacked me without saying hello..

The pitchfork, pipe wrench, knife, hell anything but an axe is pretty useless at the moment.  You are better off using your fists.  The melee did improve, for the axe but that is about it.

Oh, the garden hoe is really good too.

Edited by Caboose187

The pitchfork, pipe wrench, knife, hell anything but an axe is pretty useless at the moment.  You are better off using your fists.  The melee did improve, for the axe but that is about it.

also crowbar,no probelms fighting zombies down with that. even hacksaw was good, a way too good.

also crowbar,no probelms fighting zombies down with that. even hacksaw was good, a way too good.

Doesn't the crowbar take a ridiculous number of hits to down an infected? Also the hacksaw is a myth, it doesn’t exist :p
  • Like 1

Hacksaws are easy enough to find in storage units and garden sheds. Just not as common as before. Thankfully they usually also get left where they are as people normally just find one so that they can cut down their shotgun or mosin.

The hoe and axe are plenty effective yes, but the kitchen knife can down an infected with two hits, one if you're lucky. Machete the same. The "trick" to using kitchen knife/machete is simply strafing left to draw the swing animation across your target. I've said it before and I'll say it again here, the screwdriver and Mosin bayonet are stupidly simple to use and effective. I typically walk around towns with zombies with the screwdriver/bayonet in hand because there's no animation to draw/stow it, it's silly easy to aim and murders infected if you stab them in the eye.

• Like 3

Doesn't the crowbar take a ridiculous number of hits to down an infected? Also the hacksaw is a myth, it doesn’t exist :P

"ridiculous" is relativ. :) would say not as much as with fists. wondered myself finding a hacksaw, but i did. got also some issues with that, could't wear that thing on my back, it clipped beside my head, near my left ear, but fighting with it maximium two hits and zombie down.

I didnt suffer this issue during .49 exp but i have been for .49 stable .

Interesting, when I first tried to join a Stable server after playing on Exp branch when 0.49 was released I received a version mis-match error.

I then opted out of Exp, (360mb + or - downgrade) verified game cache then back in to Exp (and verified).

I am now able to play on both Stable and Exp servers alike without any problems (different char for each).

Please try.

You might try connecting to SW 1/2/3 (ip 46.253.198.69) for Experimental and your regular server for Stable.

Thanks.

Is anyone else having this melee/getting your drink out bug?

I've died due to it about 5 times now.

Generally what happens is you are swarmed by zombies, trying to kill them and then you randomly get a drink out...

Well, I actually managed to electrocute myself with a stun baton and fall and break my legs and die all at the same time while being the only person on the server on the third floor of the fire station in Sevrograd.  Ok then.

This has happened to me numerous times. Now I drop my pants on the first floor and ALWAYS bring a splint. Fire stations are lethal.

Doesn't the crowbar take a ridiculous number of hits to down an infected? Also the hacksaw is a myth, it doesn’t exist :p

Tell that to my sawn off mosin and shotgun.

Game needs umbrellas. Raincoats is nice, but I would think umbrellas would be common.

Cause... you know...

foresight_zps3df99901.jpg

Edited by AussieHunter
  • Like 2

The rain O_o

From nothing to soaked now in little over 4 seconds and the rain was like 15 drips. Last time it actually rained but this was basically like someone on the floor above sneezed.