SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

the view is too blurry when you lose too much blood

it's insane i hate that. 

Press esc, go into config and click on video. Your proper vision coming back.

• Like 1

blatant forum admin abuse

Please be aware of the rules and make use of the report button if you feel like you have been treated unjustly:

Moderators:

We are people like the rest of you and we are all susceptible to emotions and 16 hour days. Moderators will treat everyone equally, which includes other moderators. Should it be felt that the moderators are overstepping their boundaries, please contact them or boneboys directly via PM; at most parts of the day, moderators are very friendly people and should be willing to listen. However please refrain from posting it publicly if it involves only a single moderator as it usually ends up turning into a bashing session and would just end up with everyone in the shits.

Edited by kichilron

Some items seems (suddenly) extremly rare. Did anybody found in 0.49 stable this things?

- black balaclava

- PSO-1 scope (for AK)

- Atlas bipod

Would really appreciate if some could confirm this items in 0.49 stable.

Edit:

If someone also missed other very rare items and doubt if they are in the current stable, I can contribute something to this topic. Things I can confirm in 0.49 stable:

- MP5

- 30rnd MP5 Mag

- RDG-5 and Flash Grenade

- AK Handguard Rail

(- Black Hawk crash site incl. smoke)

Edited by Sharplooter

Seems that we play "regular" at 1pp, you can see yourself on the map and everyone else whos at line of sight.

(Not sure if mentioned and not tested at 3pp)

Also, it might be that when you mending clothes, you have to stop to do it, running and mending might not work.

Not 100% sure, but worth to try. Tryed only once.

Some items seems (suddenly) extremly rare. Did anybody found in 0.49 stable this things?

- black balaclava

- PSO-1 scope (for AK)

- Atlas bipod

Edit:

If someone also missed other very rare items and doubt if they are in the current stable, I can contribute something to this topic. Things I can confirm in 0.49 stable:

- MP5

- 30rnd MP5 Mag

- AK Handguard Rail

I saw bipods in exp but none so far in stable. In the red door garage and the house with the best kitchen in the room full of shelves. Found a flash grenade in a barracks too. Haven't checked tents yet but that's generally where i get attachments/pso scopes.

Been looking for a hacksaw forever.

seems like forever since I've seen one

Edited by freethink

- black balaclava

- PSO-1 scope (for AK)

- Atlas bipod

Edit:

- MP5

- 30rnd MP5 Mag

- AK Handguard Rail

• Black balaclava camos and barracks, maybe tents
  • PSO-1 scope (for AK) barracks, tents and bunker possible
  • Atlas bipod all usual places

Found them all in their normal places, however, PSO-1 seams very rare this patch, I like that. I've even found a skeleton style balaclava at a heli crash site. Too bad I lost that char too bugges relating too zombies. Got hit through the walls in one fo thoose 1 story yellow buildings that can have a mosin in them.  :(.

AK handguard seams quite rare too.

Edited by Fatsug

olodude23, on 20 Sept 2014 - 3:47 PM, said:snapback.png

I Have not found one on the stable branch yet but they most definitely drastically cut down the chances of finding one. I did how ever find one on The past Exp branch which took me forever to find, so they are still out there, just a lot more rarity then they should be. I cant remember the specific building i found it in. I was specifically searching for one for an aggravating longtime. its much easier to survive if you have a sawed off stashed in a backpack when someone thinks your unarmed and attempts to run up and mug you with a melee weapon/etc..

Also good in all actuality scopes should be rather hard to find but i don't understand the concept of making hacksaws so rare. It is and has been a pretty common tool all over the world....realistically speaking of course,

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 1

Come to think about it i haven't seen a hacksaw since 0.47

Turning off the Shadows doesnt seem to improve anything, i changed my resolution, but i dont think that made a difference to my problem.

Try vhanging the rendering distance from 1000 to 1 in dayz.cfg. Boosted fps with 150% on a high end gamerrig mwithout any difference.

Some issues and stuff I'm noticing.

I live in Western Washington and done lots of out door sports. I have also been in vary cold climates and have slept in ice caves. As people now here in the northwest is can be cold and wet half the year. I have walked miles and miles in cold rain. Hypothermia is a real threat. Yes it will kill you unchecked. Were talking falling off a boat into 40 degree water and staying in for 15 minutes.  Or be in a below freezing temp start sweating then your sweet freezes. You don't really get it from running in the rain for 10 minutes. Other wise I would have been dead long ago. So I think it should be tweaked or so in DayZ. Unless its below freezing. Now if you had your avatar running around for an hour with out addressing cold or wet, then it should start. Also another thing I noticed if you are moving, your body makes heat, and outdoor person knows that. Why is that not shown? Unless maybe are avatars are really reptiles LOL I mention this because DayZ SA fancy's it self a realistic survival game. The weather effects should be there, but realistic. Its not a game killer it just seems vary exaggerated vs reality. I think this needs to be tweaked. Don't get me wrong I'm glad it has been added, it just needs further tweaking.

I mean if we really want to get all hard core lets do it right and add snow and artic temps:) And show the extreme the way it should be shown

I'm noticing more and more ungodly server wait times. "Waiting for Host" or "Please Wait". Some servers I get right into. Why is that?

Noticed this once. Logged out logged back in and ended in side a wall, then tried logging back out.....fresh spawn..I have heard of this issue happening, but had it happen to me for the 1st time this patch...Not sure if this was just a one time thing or happens all the time. Its worth mentioning.

This not complaining its just thing I'm notice with this new patch, just feed back. I think this is probably still the best patch yet for stable. Its runs really smooth so far mechanics whys. This all is meant too be constructive and for the better, in the spirit of having an really cool game when its done. 

Edited by CJFlint

I saw bipods in exp but none so far in stable. In the red door garage and the house with the best kitchen in the room full of shelves. Found a flash grenade in a barracks too. Haven't checked tents yet but that's generally where i get attachments/pso scopes.

Yes in exp I found also a black balaclava, but stable seems different. I know the loot locations for this items but thx ;)

• Black balaclava camos and barracks, maybe tents
  • PSO-1 scope (for AK) barracks, tents and bunker possible
  • Atlas bipod all usual places

Found them all in their normal places, however, PSO-1 seams very rare this patch, I like that. I've even found a skeleton style balaclava at a heli crash site. Too bad I lost that char too bugges relating too zombies. Got hit through the walls in one fo thoose 1 story yellow buildings that can have a mosin in them.  :(.

AK handguard seams quite rare too.

Thx for the confirmation. There is btw a black balaclava without this ludicrous skull, but I found it only in exp.

I think the reason why common items like hack saws are absurdly rare is the lack of (working) persistence in 0.49 stable. I observed since many weeks that loot points like little wood/iron sheds, blue caravans, black wood houses, red + green house with stairs outside etc. ONLY spawns loot when persistence is working AND the "mainstream" buildings are looted already once a bit respectively some restarts were already happend.

So, because persistence don't work at all in 0.49 stable there is utterly no chance for loot spawning at little wood/iron sheds, blue caravans, black wood houses, red + green house with stairs etc. And for example the hack saw is mostly in this little sheds. So ppl don't waste your time with searching the above quoted loot spots... you will not find there anything excepts some players left there randomly some things.

I suppose the same applies to the wooden floored tents, rusty Ural trucks, rusty UAZ, BTRs/Tanks, they just don't spawn loot because we have no working persistence. Better don't waste your time with this spots. The loot (re)spawn in 0.49 is a fail. In fact around the half loot locations we know from earlier builds (0.48) don't spawn loot atm. 

Edited by Sharplooter

This patch is running surprisingly well for me. 35-45 fps in the wild & 20-30 in cities. I get a 2 second pause every once in a while but seeing im on a Verizon Wireless USB 3g connection (1.5-2 down at best), I figure that's to blame.

Try updating your graphics drivers. May fix your stutter problem.

Try updating your graphics drivers. May fix your stutter problem.

Yes, it is running smooth as silk for me as well. Only complaint i have is the glitchiness with the wet and wringing out technique, When i fresh spawned it wouldn't let me pick up anything in my hands for some reason till i put on a piece of clothing, and made it back to my body would let me see the stuff when i clicked the action button on it, It also would let highlight the equipment but wouldn't let me equip it or drag it onto my self even though it gave me option to put it on in the mouse menu....

Edited by Scarcifer

it's work's but why i have to do this. it's a bug?

Just found hacksaw in a shed in the new spawn town....

You mean the medium shed with concrete floor right? They still spawn loot (since months without break), but all the little sheds with earth ground don't do. 

You mean the medium shed with concrete floor right? They still spawn loot (since months without break), but all the little sheds with earth ground don't  do.

Yes it was one with the concrete slab floor, one of the medium sized tool shed.

Edited by Scarcifer

I'm going to have Eugen reach out to you via forum PM so we can use you as a test case to try and track down the exact cause of this.

While it is not a wide spread issue, I'm very interested in the cause - and we can track down exactly what is happening on the hive side by following your logins.

TLDR; I'm going to have Eugen PM you - please reply to him as soon as you can. :)

I'm having the same problem. Feel free to use me aswell. This has been going on since the last patch but this patch turned it up. Before it was only when i was a freshspawn, but this time it's happend 2 or 3 times when being fully geared.

I paid 30 dollars for this never ending alpha which only breaks more and more. I love the server resets

Edited by Anthony_Dayz

it's work's but why i have to do this. it's a bug?

obviously İts bug We wont be able to do it in future.

Is it at all safe to drop my tent on any server? I don't see any servers that say persistence is on.

Is it at all safe to drop my tent on any server? I don't see any servers that say persistence is on.

Merged.

Persistence is not working correctly and has issues, as stated in the patch release notes (post#1).

I lost my crafted backpack and persistent loot is working/not working/working/not working....depending on server (as far as my experience is concerned).

Check through this Topic for a better idea.

Troll elsewhere kid.

401) Duck Feeding:

The feeding of Ducks is strictly forbidden as it may result in undesired life extension.