roguetrooper

Do you carry a handgun when you have an automatic rifle?

1.) Do you carry a handgun when you have an automatic (full or semi) rifle with a sufficient amount of ammo?

2.) Which handgun is it?

3.) In which situations do you use that handgun (i.e. have it in your hands)?

i'll always carry a .357 despite my primary, i find it very accurate, powerful and i like not having to deal with looking for magazines. i use it when i'm going through houses / indoors.

Edited by sab0t
  • Like 1

If the maingun shots slow
i´ll carry a cr75 or a m1911
that fires faster

If the maingun has high rpm (i.e. ak101)
i´ll carry a magnum or a longhorn

But current weapons of choice are
Mosin+MP5K

:D

I always carry a handgun or two. Mostly for added security if my rifle should break or go missing(both have happened). I prefer the CR75 but use the 1911 sometimes as they spawn more often. I have probably killed more people with hand guns than rifles. They shoot fast and pack a punch. They are also easier to conceal. I've even killed a guy with an AKM in a direct firefight once.

Well its dayz i carry whatever killing tool i can get my hands on im not choosy eventually the servers are gonna all get hived up in small groups and private hives etc etc so the server hopping will be non existant so loot will actually have some meaning again so whatever hand gun or gun i find i will carry but my pistol of choice is the makerov little sucker is pretty damn accurate.

Well its dayz i carry whatever killing tool i can get my hands on im not choosy eventually the servers are gonna all get hived up in small groups and private hives etc etc so the server hopping will be non existant so loot will actually have some meaning again so whatever hand gun or gun i find i will carry but my pistol of choice is the makerov little sucker is pretty damn accurate.

So.. there's this thing called punctuation.. fyi..

• Like 1

In the mod handguns had a much lower audible range to zombies, not sure if thats the case with SA. But they were essential there.

Depends on me weapon. If I have a CQC rifle such as an AK variant or the fabled M4, I'll grab a Longhorn/.357. If I am using a rifle weapon such as an SKS, Mosin, Blaze etc, I use a M1911. I fucking love shooting the M1911 IRL, so why not use it in Daisy?

This isn't RL and switching weapons takes about twice as long as it does in RL so no I, never carry  a side arm when I have a automatic. If say I have a Mosin then yes I, carry one.

Longhorn is nice also. But once you find a AK with PSO-1 the Longhorn is junk again.

What I try to carry as a sidearm is a sawed of shotty. Good for dropping freshies without killing them if you aim for the legs.

Edited by RyBo

I like having a .357. Something about that gun just makes you feel like a badass. Dirty Harry vs. Chernarus.

I think I'd use pistols more if you could dual up.

If they are added in a realistic manner, having akimbo guns will be worse than having just one. Much, much worse. 

• Like 2

yes, i carry an m4 and an fnx.

the only time i really use a handgun tho is when im out of loaded mags or im bored. but its better to have a handgun for backup and not need it, than need one and not have it.

Edited by hellcat420

I always do if I can, whether it be a revolver, pistol or sawn off shotgun.  They are nice for clearing out building interiors, and I always occasionally gift them to players I meet up with if they are unarmed.

I just wish they made it faster to switch to a sidearm than it is to reload, because right now switching is 2 animations (put away and bring out) while reloading is just 1 animation.  I think if this was amended, sidearms would see a LOT more use.

In the mod handguns had a much lower audible range to zombies, not sure if thats the case with SA. But they were essential there.

This. The M1911 was very effective indoors without alerting nearby Zombies.

1.) Do you carry a handgun when you have an automatic (full or semi) rifle with a sufficient amount of ammo?

2.) Which handgun is it?

3.) In which situations do you use that handgun (i.e. have it in your hands)?

1: yes

2: depends on what I find, also magazine wise, I prefer the .357 or FNX

3: indoors for defence or hunting (sometimes zombie killing when I feel there are no other players around)

I use the full or semi rifle purely for defence on medium ranges if I have to, otherwise I will avoid and run.

So.. there's this thing called punctuation.. fyi..

There are these things called elipsis... fyi...

I usually run with the Mosin and Mp5. If I can't find one I use a FNX. If I can't find that the 1911 and finally the Magnum.

If I happen to have an AR I forget about the sidearm completely.

Edited by stfuad

eh, why bother since id die before getting to use it...i just use whatever i can find and die with that instead. BUT, given the option... dont see having a pistol that important if you already have a semi/auto. now, if you had a mosin or blaze then yes a pistol would be a nice secondary. i would first go with a magnum.

Yes, pistol with a clip, I like the Makarov and 1911 myself.  I use them when I am in a firefight and I'm about to come around a corner to kill.  Hella accurate up close and personal.

1. Yes.

2. FNX.

3. Indoors or if I'm killing Zs that I don't want to waste primary ammo on.

Edited by Mookie