Foreign371

Why does everyone kill me?!

I have been playing for a month now and whenever I get some gear I get to someone pretending to be friendly and shoots me! EVERY TIME! Why does anyone who is friendly even playing this game? This game is for monsters who kill everyone they see. It is not possible to be friendly in this game at all. By this time playing I only found one friendly person in the whole game who didnt try to kill me. 

• Like 3

oh well at least you are finding peeps that are pretending to be friendly... I just get shot in the back of the head, no words no warning no reason. CoD at its finest.

• Like 5

That shit pisses me off. DayZ is for players who just want to kill other players for fun. Today, after playing for 2 days I got to airport and I had Mosin Nagant with everything on it and about 200 rounds of ammo for it and I had magnum with a lot of ammo and then I climbed some building and one guy starts crying "Is anyone here my legs are broken, please help!" And I said I am here and he said he was in hangar and he passed out and I got down from the building and there was a guy with M4 and bunch of stuff shooting at me and he kills me and starts laughing like some fucking psycho. And that happens to me every time! I hate those players. 

• Like 2

ohhh. nothing like the sweet welcome of KOS...... feel the love?.......enjoy the game boys!...... :P

Edited by pizuicas
  • Like 2

I have been playing for a month now and whenever I get some gear I get to someone pretending to be friendly and shoots me! EVERY TIME! Why does anyone who is friendly even playing this game? This game is for monsters who kill everyone they see. It is not possible to be friendly in this game at all. By this time playing I only found one friendly person in the whole game who didnt try to kill me. 

I feel for you brother, I really do. Try harder and learn to read the other players.. You'll learn who you can trust and who you cant trust. Also, never let yourself get in a position where the other guy has the upper hand.

• Like 1

That shit pisses me off. DayZ is for players who just want to kill other players for fun. Today, after playing for 2 days I got to airport and I had Mosin Nagant with everything on it and about 200 rounds of ammo for it and I had magnum with a lot of ammo and then I climbed some building and one guy starts crying "Is anyone here my legs are broken, please help!" And I said I am here and he said he was in hangar and he passed out and I got down from the building and there was a guy with M4 and bunch of stuff shooting at me and he kills me and starts laughing like some fucking psycho. And that happens to me every time! I hate those players. 

sorry but this gave me a little chuckle. don't let it get you down too much, its a sad part of the game but its a part of the game none the less. you are of course free to adopt those tactics yourself and have a good laugh at someone else's expense as well (just so you know I would have been in your position too had I been there). the best advice I can offer is to resign yourself to constant death and hope that most of them are a good death and view your gear as something borrowed and not owned. oh and gear is just everywhere most of the time so all it really takes to recover is a bit of patience and maybe some stealth.

• Like 4

Dayz has a very steep learning g curve, you unfortunately broke one of the main rules of Dayz. Assume everyone at the airfields are hostile. People pretend to be hurt or friendly just to lure you in and bam, headshot or lit up with a full auto rifle. Next time be a bit more cautious when following the voices calling for help. Always scout out the area before rushing in like gangbusters.

I understand your frustration with the people who play Dayz strictly for the PvP aspect of the game but PvP is and always will be a part of the game. They have a right to play as they wish, its an effective way to get the items one needs to survive but some do it to be jerks. It sucks but its not gonna change until private hive become available so people can whitelist and set rules on their private shard.

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 2

Airfields are places you meet this kind of persons very often. Try to avoid them. Most people I met are friendly or at least not hostile if you show some weakness (Dont hold a weapon in your hands when you shout 'friendly!') ;). There are always douches who try to disturb your frolic. Cope with it and be more careful the next time you meet someone.

I have been killed many times by idiots that didn't even bother to talk to me and was attacked with bare fists while wearing a helmet (damnit - why?!).

Be carefull and stay friendly - thats my advise. After all - its just a game, you know? With idiots and douches and glitchers and kids playing it with you. :p

Edited by Agilov
  • Like 1

Kill or get killed!

Everytime when I try to be friendly, people start trying to kill me.

So I spare to be friendly and do kill on sight before I get killed first.

Edited by Jack the Ripper

not everyone is like this, I never KOS or Kill anyone unless they are making rash movements

• Like 1

You only played for a month. You can't base the DayZ experience just by that. I've met a lot of "friendly" players and been killed dozens of times. It won't change my playstyle. I don't KoS and use my mic more than my guns. Got about 480-500 hrs in the stand alone since December 2013 and gotta say that I love my experience so far.

That said, this isn't a finished game and far from it. It's just an alpha, so they are building the game. Once we get to beta, they'll start fixing the major issues to finally try and release a final product. Until then, the overall experience will fluctuate a lot from super fun to game breaking. It's all part of the process.

In all my time playing the stand alone, I have to say that I've been killed anywhere, from deep in the forest, to the dangerous NWAF, to small towns scattered across the map. It doesn't matter really. Just try not to yell "friendly" too much, and use words like "non-hostile" or "not threatening". Try different approach. And keep in mind that saying "friendly" doesn't really mean anything. Look for strange behavior and learn from every encounter you get.

Some just turn to "kill or be killed", but it's the easy way out and it's not representative of the entire community.

• Like 1

Kill yourself, and no one can KOS you.

Otherwise, I'll shoot you.

Dont just go running into some building without first peeking around corners. Dont trust anyone, but that doesnt mean you cant still be friendly. Just learn to be more cautious. Perhaps you need to find a group to team up with. Check the recruitment section and look for some like-minded survivors.

best way to have fun as friendly person:

play with your friends as group or find a group to play with outside the game, f. e. in the forums. ;-)

People sayin its CoD and stuff like that
Look like this :
IRL,if it was apocalypse,everyone would kill each other.why?
Supplies would run low,people who are un-armed would have more stuff than armed people,and then they'll try to kill each other.
That's DayZ,its just a training for what may happen one day lol.

Haha, this happened to me too. I spawned in the ACT at NE airfield and some guy kept calling that his legs were broken. I waited for a while then saw him. Unfortunately he saw me too and rasied his gun. Told me to come out but I told him that he would just shoot me. He told me wouldn't so I came out, then he shot me. I did survive his two shotgun shots and emptied my 10 rounds of sporter death into him. Then i went uncuncious and died. I respawned nearby and ran towards the airfield and the server restarts with the hateful "no message received". i continue running since I want to see if he died and find the guy crawling up the hill towards Krasnotav, lol!. If his legs weren't busted before they sure were now.

So dumb of him really. I wouldve made a splint for him if he'd been nice.

People sayin its CoD and stuff like that

Look like this :

IRL,if it was apocalypse,everyone would kill each other.why?

Supplies would run low,people who are un-armed would have more stuff than armed people,and then they'll try to kill each other.

That's DayZ,its just a training for what may happen one day lol.

maybe in your neighborhood but in my neighborhood we are all pretty much locked and loaded 24/7 and we would have the KoSer types hanging from the telephone poles in short order to server as a warning to other KoSer types. maybe you need to find a better neighborhood dude.

• Like 5

Welcome to jerks central, where being a jerk is a lifestyle.

For me, it's a full time job. 

Edited by General Zod

For me, it's a full time job. 

Better go to experimental then... i believe they testing the jerk difficulty level, i had a professional jerk following me around for 20 minutes to steal an apple and a farming hoe from me... in the end he killed me next to an axe in a house by an apple tree...

• Like 1

For gear, for fun, for their ego, because they can. Simple.

And yet you're running around with one of the best guns fully kitted with enough ammo to kill 5 full servers worth of people. Maybe you're doing it wrong?

Fell for the oldest trick in the book. 

Better go to experimental then... i believe they testing the jerk difficulty level, i had a professional jerk following me around for 20 minutes to steal an apple and a farming hoe from me... in the end he killed me next to an axe in a house by an apple tree...

Hehe i know that. Was looting in Krasnostav the other day right after i spawned fresh, only having a banana in my hand as a sign of kindness. Newspawn with a raised farming hoe enters the scene, i start to run away from him. He chased me several laps through the town, must have been 10 minutes at least. Eventually, he killed me in a house, next to some canned sardines.