Sign in to follow this  
karlkurtz32

How does everyone here break up the DayZ monotony?

Let's be honest, you can go from fresh spawn to Rambo in an hour or less.  After becoming fully geared it can be boring to just run around the map for hours looking for different loot.

Personally, I often log into servers and just recon certain areas with binoculars from a long distance to change things up.  There's something about watching people from far away, knowing that if you wanted to you could get the jump on them. But, instead you sit back and let them do their thing, graciously allowing them to live another day without them even knowing it.

What types of things do you guys do after acquiring all of your gear?

Let's be honest, you can go from fresh spawn to Rambo in an hour or less.  After becoming fully geared it can be boring to just run around the map for hours looking for different loot.

Personally, I often log into servers and just recon certain areas with binoculars from a long distance to change things up.  There's something about watching people from far away, knowing that if you wanted to you could get the jump on them. But, instead you sit back and let them do their thing, graciously allowing them to live another day without them even knowing it.

What types of things do you guys do after acquiring all of your gear?

I am never bored, I go after kills of Zombies and other players most of which have their heads up their asses and always try to KoS you. Before I turned to waxing other players on sight I Tried to interact peacefully now they can interact with my bullets. 

• Like 1

This game has little depth and strategy. Even after base building and item persistence are added there won't be that much to do. Other games have multiple games modes, variations on the base "theme". I hope BIS does something similar with DayZ.

Troll the forums but I agree with Xbow. I can run around looting for hours without seeing or seeking out another person. Sure you can gear up quick but I aim for pristine everything. I know I'll lose it but getting it is half the fun and can help me survive better and longer than you when we battle.

• Like 2

You should educate yourselves and read books in game rather than trolling the Forums.

Tom Sawyer is really worth the while, love it.

Your goal should be a full library as in Eli !

• Like 4

You should educate yourselves and read books in game rather than trolling the Forums.

Your goal should be a full library as in Eli !

From running simulator to library simulator. :D

• Like 1

You should educate yourselves and read books in game rather than trolling the Forums.

I could see it now, "Sweet, I found someones tent stash!!!!  WTF!!! BOOKS!!!!????"

• Like 1

I am a bit of a DayZ tourist - I photograph everything! I sincerely hope they add in game cameras (instant ones and film, I don't think there would be much point in digital) I would love to leave photographs between the pages of books! Also, I really want to start a library - write up flyers requesting players to bring books to you for a reward (Things like complete gas cookers :) ). You would tier the rewards by the quality of the book of course!

Personally I don't mind wondering the bush, if I get tired I simply take a break and do something else...

I got tired of full gear long time ago. I started searchin for track suits or damaged civilian clothing, no guns, just some axe against the zombies. Then I search for powdered milk and worms, then I sell them to people as crack and well...worms :D ( I managed sell some crack to a dude, then he got sick, so as a good dealer I helped him with medicine).

The other time, same clothing - all green - run around Zelenogorsk (Zeleno - its close to a word Green in Slovakian language). I took the bulrap sack, cut it to pieces and stuffed it full with grass- it looked like a giant joint. I also geathered paprika as kush, I was the mothafucking Weed man. I selled one blunt for a longhorn-shit was so cash-the dude was laughing his ass off. 

This is how I break monotony in DayZ.

Or join roleplay servers...some people do really roleplay, but ofc you gonna find some KOS jackasses there.

Edited by Dildo Baggins
  • Like 1

I am a bit of a DayZ tourist - I photograph everything! I sincerely hope they add in game cameras (instant ones and film, I don't think there would be much point in digital) I would love to leave photographs between the pages of books! Also, I really want to start a library - write up flyers requesting players to bring books to you for a reward (Things like complete gas cookers :) ). You would tier the rewards by the quality of the book of course!

Personally I don't mind wondering the bush, if I get tired I simply take a break and do something else...

Have a look at this the mate? :)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165392-polaroid-cameras/

@OP

It can get boring from time to time, but when i get bored i try to do something new.

I find that trying to help people is the most intense and rewarding game experience ive had, it gets the adrenaline going and makes your palms sweety :)

Another thing, like mentioned by others, are finding people to play with. Its often more fun to run around with others then alone.

You could also throw a little RP in there and find some clothing you wouldnt normally go for, perhaps pretend to be a civlian or firefighter (soon) or anything else. I find it much more interesting when im not running around in military gear. So much more fun hehe.

• Like 1

When I get fully geared, I go to a populated town (berezino) and basically hunt for bandits. I supply gear to the fresh spawns and just wait for the moment that someone fires a round at me. 

• Like 1

When binos came out, I would sit overlooking the neaf on high pop servers in a tree/bush - quite entertaining to watch with a cold beer 8D

I do both and prefer sci fi. Your rgoal should be a full library of Isaac Assimiv or Arthur C. Clarke. Love it. ;)

Books are a waste of a loot spot for something useful, who really would sit there in game reading them. Pointless in a video game, if they had a purpose, such as telling a story about the game then i guess they would be more worthwhile

• Like 1

I guess there are uses - if cooking food or waiting for a friend for example. I don't see players reading the whole book in one ride though. Some like the Russian Spreadsheet can also turn out to be quite useful - and the New Testament can be used to spread faith*.

*To spread faith stand on top of the Police Station in Berezino and read it aloud without getting shot.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

it used to be fun to do the weird Sonic the hedgehog run where you bend over, now they disabled that, me and my mates have fun by...

randomly punching each other in the head

punching windows, trees etc to sound like gun fire

Shooting gas stations

Shooting zombies in the head

talking to bambi's

going to berezino on full pop server

• Like 1

I guess there are uses - if cooking food or waiting for a friend for example. I don't see players reading the whole book in one ride though. Some like the Russian Spreadsheet can also turn out to be quite useful - and the New Testament can be used to spread faith*.

*To spread faith stand on top of the Police Station in Berezino and read it aloud without getting shot.

Gonna try that today, man I wish they finally add the priest clothing.

When I get bored of standalone, I play the mod.

• Like 2

I kinda only get bored when I'm playing by myself. I used to have full camo gear packed with (legit) ammo and weapons and such. But I found it much more fun when i ditched that all and went for the "survivor" look. Roleplaying adds a whole new level to the game. Some people want the true "zombie survival game" experience and I think you can only achieve that through roleplaying. 

• Like 1

I, like others here, just enjoy watching people from the distance. I'll join a full server and hide in the rocks of Cherno and just watch the city come to life. I like to watch the various skirmishes around the city.

And then a hacker flies over and kills me every time.....oh well, nothing else to do, really. 

I watch TV when my character is sitting in his ass saying; " I have cramps in my legs ".. or i play a different game in my PS3 and pretend that is part of DayZ....