Sign in to follow this  
karlkurtz32

How does everyone here break up the DayZ monotony?

Easy, when DayZ gets boring or becomes a chore I stop playing.

Simple as that.

I contribute to the wiki. A lot. Chances are if you're using the wiki you're looking at something I've created/edited/uploaded at one point or another. There's never a time when there isn't something that needs added to or improved on the wiki, especially with the game in alpha.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

For some reason i always get the idea that i should head to one of the airfields on high populated servers, which in most cases end up with me running for an hour to get there, only to instantly get picked off by someone in the treeline with a Mosin.

Breaking up the monotony....

-Finding heli crash sites and sniping with my Longhorn.

-Trying to KOS with every weapon I can put in my hands. Yet to score a kill with grenade, garden hoe, combat knife, Makarov, and one other I can't remember right now.

-As a new spawn, gear up only by looting other people. The looting exception I've given myself is rags and food.

-Finding spots in cities to snipe other people.

-Accusing other players of being infected and then cleansing them with a fireaxe.

Taking a bunch of chemlights/flares to a high pop nighttime server and light up a town, then wait in the trees for confused/frightened survivors to show up.

Play hardcore, loot is much harder to get.

No it's not, the only difference is FPP 

Breaking the monotony atm by playing mod https://zombies.nu/

If you are considering to try it, it has no 3rd person anymore.

Edited by Khanarac

If I get really, really, really bored...I just play something else and then come back when something worthwile happens.

Seriously, do you people really like clinging to this game that much? In Alpha state? :D

Edited by Ceallach

Steps:

1. spawn

2. get a gun

3. kill someone with high gear

4. start collecting X number of low to medium geared players(depending on the size of your personal group), and make them your hostages

5. fun ensues

play games with the hostages, have them preform simple tasks like "go out and get me a stick", or something of that sort, and keep them stimulated, a hostage will probably just try to rambo you if he is bored,and you keep him in the dark for too long on a situation.

Edited by over9000nukez