shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Well my DayZ went like this today. 

US4380 people still trying to take over base built on top of gas station so I decided I’m running as far west as possible. 

Making the way I gather basic loot, a pistol & suppressor but no clip. 

Had basic food & water, nothing crazy. Had bright green 80pk, typical Blk fireman pants and a black mask. 

Found my way to the Tents finally. Oh but I did dive off the main road to hit airfield where I found (2) AK’s but again no ammo, no clip. 

So so I make it in 1st few tents, and once I crawled up the camo netted, wood deck..... “pop” - YOURE DEAD....

i was like what? 

So after respawning 6 times by way of suicide I’m as far west as a freshie can spawn. 

So I run, and run, I find a black mask, black jacket, wooden Axe, binocs, a couple sodas, couple cans of beans..... 

I decide to take the high road as I approach where I got sniped,,,, 

i have no shoes, I’m silent as can be getting into position to get above the sniper, I know he had to be high in the hills looking south into tents. 

I make it. I slowly come down hill, creeping, crawling, binocs out and all of a sudden about 50yds in front of me the sniper, bored I’m sure, stands up & starts walking down hill towards tents,,,,, I’ve got eyes on him now.... I follow him thru binocs, he carves thru tents, heads west on road and pooof, never returns back. So I sit and wait, and wait and wait about and hour. 

I voice messaged everyone in server, “ u sniper far west of map in gillie?” Nobody replies. 

So finally after 2 hours of waiting, a guy shows up, I’m still on high hill, runs thru tents and this is when I decide the sniper has left and did not re-position himself. 

So i I head North up the hill, down the dirt road and I see smoke, billowing over the trees..... Chopper down, chopper down. 

I head there, and WOW, a “badly damaged” VSD.... canned tuna, little ammo and that’s when I called it a day. 

Next stop, somewhere that’ll give me a gun repair kit along w VSD mags.....

if I would have had a firearm when coming back to that sniper, I would have had revenge but my guess is, I was only guy he saw and only guy that came back so he bolted. 

I did post on Xbox my VSD Crash Site find, short video clip  

Thx for reading

Logged onto the server to check my camp, not even loaded all the way in and I can hear some one running around. I don't move, just staying still in my bush, a player with mismatched gear starts poking around and runs up to my jeep. I shoulder my AK and put a round through his head. I hate killing players but we worked hard for the jeep. Better luck next time........ Time to find a new base.................

• Like 1

Played the first time in ... years?!? or so. It feels familiar yet a totally different. It's crazy, I checked my steam purchase history, bought that game Dec. 2013 👀

I just walked around, mostly crouching. I had no idea where I was, there was some mining factory were trails lead into the mountain (but I checked, couldn't open it).

When I went up the mountain (nice I can walk very steep slopes) I realized my health deteriorated (the icon to the left-most). I tried to eat (had only a pear) and tried to bandage myself. Realized that I actually gaged myself 🤷‍♀️. I hadn't gone far up the mountain yet that's when I realized someone was at the factory where I took off before. Went into prone and laid down for a few minutes while my character continued groaning.

Tried to find my location on https://dayz.ginfo.gg/ by checking my surroundings, but I didn't dare to move too much thus wasn't able to locate me. I noticed that you can cut bushed/trees with an axe, wow; was surprised.

It also got darker so I just walked a few more meters up but then quit. That was about 2h and I was mentally exhausted.

Onto the next round when I have enough energy 😊

Edited by rfc

2 hours ago, rfc said:

Played the first time in ... years?!? or so. It feels familiar yet a totally different. It's crazy, I checked my steam purchase history, bought that game Dec. 2013 👀

I just walked around, mostly crouching. I had no idea where I was, there was some mining factory were trails lead into the mountain (but I checked, couldn't open it).

That is Solnichny... Between Niznoye and Krutoy Kap...

My spelling on all counts is probably wrong but that's where you are. It is a bustling little spawn point and has a civilian barracks where people can be a bit punchy so it's worth being careful around there if you want to live. 

Edited by eno

1 hour ago, eno said:

That is Solnichny... Between Niznoye and Krutoy Kap... 

Oh wow, thanks, you are right!

For some reason I believe I was on the south coast and only searched the map there... thank you :-)

6 minutes ago, rfc said:

Oh wow, thanks, you are right!

For some reason I believe I was on the south coast and only searched the map there... thank you :-)

Happy to Help.

One of our guys was working on an NL server a little while back and reported that there was a rather large base starting to sprout up at the mil tents just west of Svet... I went over to check it out as he came back from further west.

I logged in just west of the location in a bush closer to the little ... market type building there with the blue shutters... and IMMEDIATELY it sounded like gunshots right on top of me. I began my evasive routine west (ASDWDASDAWDASDAWDADAWAWDAWDAWD) and tried to keep some bush between me and my inner ear where it sounded like the shots came from. Shooting slowed to intermittent and I wasn't hearing "cracks" but I didn't stop until I got up over the tracks to the south and into enfilade from defilade. From there I moved into a better OP to take a look around.

Sure enough, a substantial base had been erected, including a 2 story tower to the south with a roof, mostly closed in and two rows of fence posts (no planks) around it on the ground generally blocking off the north side of the tents too. There were no stairs providing access to either platform so it was pretty obvious that someone just parked his dude up there and used some plank stacking glitch to move in. The mil tents would be ripe for farming if they ever really generated anything remarkable... but you could stack up on .45 ammo if you needed it. 

On closer inspection a less substantial tower had been built on the north side as well- I don't recall if there were stairs to that one. 

Things were quiet. For a good, long while. No movement... 

I couldn't tell if someone was in the tower- it was enclosed to the south and the open area covered with camo betting where I was looking. Of course my hunter scope, binoculars, range finder (any handheld optics) don't work (fuck sakes) so I did what I could with my attached scope. Nothing visible and my guy concurred from his overwatch position when he arrived. 

I sprinted across to the north, keeping the base to my right and eventually made my way up the rocky side, staying south of the road that heads up towards the radio antenna. I found myself a nice little perch that provided some view as well as some cover from the road. I made some observations to my partner who assured me nobody was visible to him, either.

That didn’t last long- within a minute of arrival I heard some pretty loud footsteps approaching from the east, just behind me. I saw what I thought was an SVD / VSD with modified silencer on the end sticking up like a radio antenna from the player’s back… and the proximity to the military tents switched me into Helper Skelter mode.

The character stopped briefly just within my view, then continued down towards the tents- skipping over the guardrail and heading down towards one of the buses where he stopped again.

“I still can’t see him-“ my partner indicated.

In hindsight I do regret not challenging the guy first and taking control of the situation, letting it play out the way it can- sometimes. Admittedly I was in reasonable cover- but we were right on top of one another. Adding to it I was dealing with a ~200 ping… VSD on his back with it not being entirely clear through my scope and while being in the vicinity of the military space I elected to shoot him in the back and killed him without saying anything.

Not my proudest moment.

I checked on his corpse shortly afterwards and I was surprised to see it was an SKS on his back- not the VSD I thought I’d seen. He was carrying a sub gun internally, .45 FX too (if memory serves) so he was ready for some fighting. Looked like a youtuber I’d seen recently who was posting from Berezino, actually… so not sure if I ruined his stream or not but that could have been just a coincidence that they looked the same.

I haven’t been back to that server yet to check on the base but it’s had a lot of work put into it and if you wanted to go looking for a fight you’d probably find one there.   

• Beans 2

1 minute ago, eno said:

Of course my hunter scope, binoculars, range finder (any handheld optics) don't work (fuck sakes)

well.. EXACTLY ... what is that about - really, wtf ?

Good tale though 
beanz

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, eno said:

Of course my hunter scope, binoculars, range finder (any handheld optics) don't work (fuck sakes) so I did what I could with my attached scope.

12 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

well.. EXACTLY ... what is that about - really, wtf ?

The binoculars etc dont function when you try to use them. They give a better view than the atog/pso1/pu scopes when they worked. The hunting scopes have a 12x zoom and you used to be able to use weapon scopes with your hands. Was erm . . handy. You cannot at the moment, so he has to use his scope on his weapon to see at range.

Edited by aux7
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

The binoculars etc dont function when you try to use them. They give a better view than the atog/pso1/pu scopes. The hunting scopes have a 12x zoom and you used to be able to use weapon scopes with your hands. Was erm . . handy. You cannot at the moment, so he has to use his scope on his weapon to see at range.

Is made this observation too, happy to find binoculars but .. practically useless? A bug?

4 hours ago, aux7 said:

The binoculars etc dont function when you try to use them. They give a better view than the atog/pso1/pu scopes. The hunting scopes have a 12x zoom and you used to be able to use weapon scopes with your hands. Was erm . . handy. You cannot at the moment, so he has to use his scope on his weapon to see at range.

Oh, I KNOW, dude.. don't mistake me, I KNOW they don't function.. after 3+ years carrying any rifle scope I come across - just as a convenient hand-held way of checking out the area - I definitely KNOW that all that does NOT work.. the first time my binocs would NOT come close to my eyes, I was  (as you might say)  "amazed and dissatisfied and unhappy"

p.s - on the subject of "actions" - I can't now find any way to THROW stuff I'm holding, anywhere in the PC keyboard options (or controller either)  - am I missing it, or is IT missing ?   - I used to chuck objects off hunting stands, or off rocks into the sea (for various reasons ..ya know.. ).. or throw stones -  and now I cant find any way to do that action.  What am I missing?
For a plus, at least now I can put all my movement & top action options on the numeric keypad (I'm left handed, like @eno I think) - this is a GOOD  thing - that numeric pad AND the Mouse now work great together, they give me 98% of what I need.
It's just how to throw things that I cant figure. - Anyone? 

Edited by pilgrim*

4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

p.s - on the subject of "actions" - I can't now find any way to THROW stuff I'm holding, anywhere in the PC keyboard options (or controller either)  - am I missing it, or is IT missing ?   - I used to chuck objects off hunting stands, or off rocks into the sea (for various reasons ..ya know.. ).. or throw stones -  and now I cant find any way to do that action.  What am I missing?

It's just how to throw things that I cant figure. - Anyone? 

'G' to drop, there is no throwing action at the moment

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

'G' to drop, there is no throwing action at the moment

SH1T  !!  ....  thought so.   thanx for confirming, @aux7.  <sigh>

Like many we've been tip toeing through the latest patch trying to make the most out it. It was off to a bit of a rocky start when Bam worked out a trade over in the trading post for an SVD. He put it down for a second next to a tent in Tisy and it disappeared on him. 

My guy was still down in Sol on the coast from a patrol we'd done earlier. That patrol with Bam had been uneventful other than the fact that he shot me by accident with his then coveted KA as I tangled with a zob ... I was lucky to survive that one but I did. 

"Don't get mad at me for shooting you; thank me for saving you!" 

I'm not really a "glass is half full" kind of guy... 

So we're back in it again... I was heading back to Svet from Sol and Bam was making his way from Tisy. I was just on some random official just trying to make the distance and didn't take any time looting. I ran through the trees on the hill north of the factory, bypassed to the west of Niznoye and cut a little bit east to the north of the orchard there. There's a small wooden barn there and I have zero idea what made me want to just go and check out that one barn... The slight chance that someone parked a finished car in it maybe? I can't remember. 

I popped the door open and it was like the door didn't open.

"Stupid fucking game glitch what the fuck is-"  Oh wait... "There's actually a fence built there?" I checked around the other entrances and each had a fence built. "There's a little base here," I said to Bam as he kept running in from out West. 

"You going to check it out?" 

"Yeah... but I'm going in the cheesy way." If people can ghost into our base then I'm happy to ghost into someone else's so I bumped around a couple times and ended up spawning back into the original server. While the timer ticked down I thought out loud about fortifying a structure on a high traffic area may be a great trap to set for geared players... just wait there for them to ghost in and kill them to take their gear. Easy peasy. 

I also realized I was in a somewhat high traffic area and that this could be exactly what was about to happen to me. 

I'm in... Quick look around- no players but there was a generator and a couple of sea chests sitting in the corner. Relieved and just wanting to get out of there (knowing the only way in is to ghost in so expecting a surprise any second) I just grabbed the first sea chest and bounced back to our server. I stashed it and went back to grab the other one. Spawning in 90 seconds...

*Thump *Thump *Thump.

Wtf? 

Occasionally when I spawn into our normal base I'll hear this weird clanging like something being thrown into a chain link fence so originally that's what I thought had happened. Sometimes there are weird sound glitches (or used to be) when people logged out ranging from gun shots to doors closing... I wrote it off. 

I shuffled over to the second sea chest practically cracking my knuckles in front of me as I get ready to heave this sea chest up over my shoulders. This was a good find. I grabbed it (full, I might add) and noticed the *Thump * Thump *Thump was still happening.

"That's weird," I thought as I hit the log off button and my character sat down... Just as my finger was drifting towards the mouse button to click exit some movement caught my eye- before I could stop myself I realized it was a guy trying to smash into the fence with a hatchet- 

Click. 

Fuck. Was that his last strike? Is he going to break in and kill me? 

Fortunately, he'd started smashing the top of the fence first... if he'd started at the bottom he'd have already been in there and probably would have dealt me a nasty surprise when I spawned back in. 

Spawning in 90 seconds... Or am I? 

I made it back in and was able to meet up with Bam and Oli in Svet for a little rochambeau. We had our blue armbands on and were hoping to provide some support to fresh spawns working off the coast and heading inland. We picked a high pop server in hopes this would help accelerate our exposure to doing Helpy Helper things. 

We took up our stations to cover as much of Svet as possible. I had my attention to the east beach that swerves over to Berezkhi to the North while the other two had their eyes on Svet proper. It didn't take long for us to start getting restless and I ended up heading down to meet Bam on the docks.

"Freshie here... he's just coming along then docks from Riffy." 

"Rgr-" He made it to the guardhouse as I approached from the north, but then there were sudden intermittent single gunshots immediately to the west in the hills. 

"Was that at you?" I called over to Bam as I headed into the hills to the west, sweeping around to the north to flank. 

"No I don't think so... I'm in a sea can- I think they're shooting at the freshie?" 

"Oli you got anything?" 

"I'm looking... looking at the ridge on the north side of town." 

"I see him! He's got his weapon up... he's aiming at something. He's on the rocks just behind the guard shack."

"On my way- flanking NE." 

"Okay- I see him," Oli announced from further south across town. He had a CR-527 he wanted to dust off and was putting the hunter scope to good use. "Taking the shot-" 

There was a couple second delay for the sound to reach me so I realized Oli was still quite a distance away. That would be relevant to me if it came time to get some cover fire from him if things went stupid. 

"I missed that shot... I was way low- Wait... there's 2 guys there. They're both running along the ridge to the west." I shifted my flanking path slightly.

"Okay, I'll head over towards the train station and try and cut them off there." 

The guys apparently stopped a couple times to try and figure out who shot at them- but I couldn't see them as I approached the ridge. They dropped out of sight of all of us and my pressure started to build as I hunkered down trying to blend into a tree with my "loud" blue / white tiger stripe police outfit. "They're headed up the hill... I can't see them." 

"Rgr." I sat motionless, watching towards the ridge that was to the south of me... thinking these two were going to come into view and transition from my left to right. "Fuck... Footsteps are close..." I 3PP viewed around a little but had to wrestle my view around branches... I didn't want to move. "Okay, I have both of them- they're past me and heading east." 

"East?!" Bam sounded like he was spitting out his drink. "They're coming back to th-..." 

"Sorry, North. I meant North." 

"Oh okay." 

"They've gone past the rocks out of my sight but I'm on the move." 

A few minutes passed with no contact. Bam and I joined up after almost killing each other on 2 separate occasions and started to track more to the west as we approached the top of the hill. 

"I've got them again," Oli announced from his vantage point. "One of them is standing out in the open with binoculars... the other is behind a tree." 

"Which tree?" I asked.

"Which TREE?!" Oli retorted.

"Sorry... I mean- what general location? Any landmarks?" 

"Oh- yeah they're almost under the radio tower." That was way further west than we were so it was time to get a jag on. "I'm taking a shot-" Couple seconds... "Fuck... that was WAY low. What is going on with these sights? I can't hit anything?" Oli is one of our best marksmen so something in this last patch has thrown him off. We didn't have time to settle that one. "They're on the run back up the hill again towards the tower. 

"We're on it..." Bam and I had traversed the top of the ridge. "We're about 2 towers length to the east." 

Oli was thinking out loud. "What's this now? Is that a tent I see? Quite a bit west of the tower but not as far as the tents. I see a car tent and a military tent." 

"I think we know who's camp that is..." 

Bam and I skulked past the radio tower and back down the west side along the yellow route. He's better at games than I am so after sitting on the tents for a few minutes waiting for our two new friends to show up he approached while I stood to. 

"Nothing much in here... I'll take a few of these though." We found ourselves short on FX mags so he grabbed a few of those and we put those tents on our list of "things to do" for later. 

With no sign of any movement after about 10 minutes of scouring the area we pulled back to the beach and resume our mission of mercy. 

"I wonder what happened to that freshie?" I said over my shoulder to Bam as we trotted through the woods. As we emerged from the treeline the body of a dead fresh spawn laying on the docks- far from any crane. Far from any crane so not a suicide and probably not the same guy, we knew... 

But that shit is still going on and we're going to keep trying to stop it. 

Edited by eno
  • Beans 1

I did not post for a while. I could not put in a decent play time in a while, a couples of hours a week at most. (sorry Eno life catching up on me and can't get to find time to link with you guys).

Since my time is counted I play on Trump Wall servers when possible, reason being that it's fast paced, dangerous and you can sprint at all time (well that reason mainly since I don't have hours to run from a places to places). Since a couples of weeks they have setup EU servers and I started to play there, today what a shock, how civilized this is compared to the US servers 🤗  I crossed a few peoples none even tried to shoot me, even being in area like Dichina army base. What's even more shocking was that I went to Lopatino trader which is a KOS allowed area, and since pop was low I did not care and run into the tent directly to be faced by another player, I almost shoot him, but then lowered my gun,  (he was in trading mode), then he turn to me and I expected him to raise his gun (that was the clue I waited to fire back), instead he waved, I waved back, put my G36 on my back and went trading, expecting to be shot but nothing happened we both did our trading and went our way.

Ok, now I don't know if that's good or just boring gaming, since on US server it's shoot first talk later, not used to just say hello to peoples.

I expect once the population increase there will be more KOS crazy peoples, but for the moment it's kind of refreshing and little boring 😂

• Beans 1

BAM and I were working back northwards on the coast trying to find folks to help out and we bit off a bit more than we could chew on a high pop. We'd come out of Solnichny and found a few folks to help sustain in their journey with water bottles and some raw meat... but as we moved through Berezino we heard someone shooting around the PD on the north end. We converged on that area... 

"Contact- two guys..." BAM announced. "One guy has a hatchet out- they're coming at me!" I heard a couple shots- "Okay, they're both running away from the gunshots we heard... they're okay. Good thing I missed." 

There were a couple more shots and we got a pretty good bead on someone in / around the PD. We were feeling a bit punchy so we thought we'd go and sort this out. It took no time at all for BAM to single out the guy at PD and engage. The dude ate a couple rounds and then came right at him in the pub across the street- whether by fluke or design that decision did not work out well for him. 

"Wow- this guy has a lot of stuff..." 

I was closer to the main road working my way around the PD since there was some more movement around there. I figured if I could flank around I might be able to spot anyone working their way in on BAM. I settled in the woods to the north of PD and hunkered down to see what I could see. Within minutes I heard footsteps around me- 

I was on my small screen so I felt like I was looking through a soda straw- I immediately drew the LAR (I'd have normally pulled my FX for something that close but of course that had glitched out earlier and I'd had to drop it so fuck that thanks for asking) and spotted a guy running around the trees just to the west with a gun drawn. I put a tree between him and I and he took a few initial shots... I then heard multiple clicks- 

Empty? Jammed? I don't care- I'm all in on this guy. I got a couple of shots into him with the LAR but he answered back with a secondary weapon or... no idea. I was killed almost instantly. 

Clearly I'd run into a guy who was better at gunplay than me and I'll give it to him. One tip for folks, and one that the guy who fed me the green wiener doesn't need, is that if you get a jam it takes much less time to draw a second weapon than it does to clear a jam... so if you get a jam in a firefight draw that secondary and keep it going. 

BAM had another encounter but did better than I did in mine- things happened fast but he'd killed one of two guys who came at him and after reviewing the video it turned out to be the guys he'd let go earlier... they'd found a firearm and came back for play time. Definitely makes an argument for killing everyone you meet. We'll take it under advisement.

I got my other guy going and we all met up around Riffy- BAM, DaveB and I were together at last after months of Dave being away from the game. 

"Head south on the coast like old times?" I asked. 

"Sounds like a plan!" the others agreed. "Helpy Helpers on Patrol." 

Felt good... blue armbands displayed proudly as we casually mocked each other for being morons... bad shots... jumpy... everything. At some point BAM got his finger in one of our asses and made the distinctive finger in cheek "popping" noise... I think we got it on video. Good times. 

We worked through the coast side of Berezino again from Svet.

"Here's the scene of the crime..." I mentioned to DaveB after explaining that I'd had a bad go of it near PD.  BAM took that opportunity to explain how he lived through multiple encounters and the fact that he was practically a supreme being in game... 

Is there such a thing as reverse foreshadowing? Oh wait- I think they call that Karma. 

We had made it through most of Zino and were coming out near "Chez Eno" from the old days... near the two train track bridges. We were beach side close to the tracks and I was working tail end charlie... They'd gone by the water and I stayed up by the tracks for a moment to scan- and caught movement by the southernmost bridge. 

"Contact... at least 1 guy on the rocks- geared. Weapon out." 

"Which rocks?" 

"Second bridge..." 

"Second bridge?" 

"Yeah- not your bridge... the next one. South." 

There was some back and forth but within seconds there were some gunshots- 

"I'm down!" BAM called out... I saw additional movement in the rocks as a result. 

"There are two guys... Both on the rocks- The one guy is just out of view... I can see his head but not enough to shoot at." I aimed... aimed... waited... The guy backed into my line of sight and I fired. Hit. Fired again on single shot with the M4... Missed a couple times but then hit- I think? The guy was about 5 feet away but the blood spatter happened in his wake. Was that me? Dave? Not sure... We were both working the problem. 

"I respawned close- I'm coming back in!" 

"Okay, they're both still by the rocks- at least one of them is down." 

We were moving carefully since nobody had been able to confirm decisively that these guys were down... DaveB and I couldn't see them. 

"I'm back- there's another guy chasing me! I need help!" 

DaveB answered BAM's call and headed in to defend but got caught off balance... these guys were good.

"I'm hit-" Dave lamented... "Pulling back." 

I probably should have moved around the north west of the area instead of pushing into the choke point but we needed to keep the pressure on. 

"I'm getting shot at! Someone is chasing me! They're telling me to bait you-" BAM was trying to call out locations but none of it made sense since it was getting dark and I had no real idea where things had moved. "You need to engage!" 

"I'm working my way in-" I said... Dave was also working around the area trying to provide cover but he paid for it with his life. 

"I'm dead."

I popped up to see someone in blue scrubs running after a freshie (BAM) and then a couple of other dark geared guys in the rocks. Everyone was moving and crisscrossing all over the place... BAM was right in the middle of it all- and I was really hesitant to shoot. It was chaos. I fired a couple rounds and I think I hit someone... might have been BAM for all I know since he quickly died. 

I pulled back and tried to grab some of DaveB's gear... as I pulled back the dude in the scrubs came running up to me. 

"Are you hurt? Can I help you?" 

"Not now man just get out of here." 

As I tried to get my bearings I saw the medic type guy standing on a rock above me up in the wide open with his hands up. As I moved he followed. 

"Can I help you?" 

"No man-" I peeked up and got a few shots off but ate a couple in return. I backed off, bleeding and health depleted. The medic followed... Normally I'd have been thankful but it didn't feel right. He was just standing above me on the rocks- in full view of the others- asking me if I needed help. With his hands up. 

I bandaged 3 times to control bleeding- I was getting my ass kicked here. I worked my way around and grabbed a couple things off DaveB... took more shots somewhere and was in a severe situation. The medic stood up on the rocks- 

"Now I know you're hurt! Do you need help?" He stayed up on the rocks... 

I shot him in the face. 

The rest of the engagement was a mess- I couldn't see anything as I flailed just trying to figure out where I was nevermind where shots were coming from. I ate a bullet at some point from somewhere that finished me. 

The Helpy Helpers had been bested... 

Again. 

But we'll come back... we always come back. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

met two friendly guys, today . .  . KOS/friendly rate drops below 80%  ..  .  but a zombie got me a good one (on the way back). ..  didnt die, but equipment damaged again, now looking for duct tape/sewing kits.

The environment is still the bigger killer (environment/KOS/friendly)

Edited by aux7

Came back after a few years.Enjoying the updated stuff.Got some nice loot for the trek north.Boom speedhacker kills me.I try again 🙂

I was working with Chili in Svet looking for some stragglers to helpy help out and did stumble into a guy who fit the bill. Just a random fresh guy who was trying to meet up with some friends. He didn't know much about the game but knew enough to stay moving. Wasn't too sure about voice coms initially but I got him through it and we started chatting as I took him over to the well. Seemed like a nice guy, and I think he truly was.

He ended up walking past a zombie and aggro'd it... and as we were dealing with that one a few more joined in. I ended up shooting some with a silenced pistol- which worked to drop zombies while also alerting more across an alarming radius.

We headed off for the protection of a building closer to the water well since I knew he was going to need to drink and though I had containers to give him they were all empty. We hid initially in a building by the church and then made a break for one further west. 

This video demonstrates "How my DayZ" was.  

Probably should put a "graphic language" warning on it... Things did not end well. 

Edited by eno

13 hours ago, eno said:

I was working with Chili in Svet looking for some stragglers to helpy help out and did stumble into a guy who fit the bill. Just a random fresh guy who was trying to meet up with some friends. He didn't know much about the game but knew enough to stay moving. Wasn't too sure about voice coms initially but I got him through it and we started chatting as I took him over to the well. Seemed like a nice guy, and I think he truly was.

He ended up walking past a zombie and aggro'd it... and as we were dealing with that one a few more joined in. I ended up shooting some with a silenced pistol- which worked to drop zombies while also alerting more across an alarming radius.

We headed off for the protection of a building closer to the water well since I knew he was going to need to drink and though I had containers to give him they were all empty. We hid initially in a building by the church and then made a break for one further west. 

This video demonstrates "How my DayZ" was.  

Probably should put a "graphic language" warning on it... Things did not end well. 

I got into same problem once, I expected having my back against a wall would help when I was cornered by a few Z but it put my weapon in waiting stance, and could not do anything, I could finally move away from the wall take distance and shoot the Z.  it seems that having a Z close is like when you want to shoot from windows or if you get too close to a tree,  it elevate the weapon and you can't shoot.  Never allow a Z to get so close and make sure you can move.

I did not come to chernarus for a while, but well, yesterday i woke up at the coast of chernarus. I feared the rainy weather and the cold and the thirst… but... it was easier to survive than some months ago, is that possible? Walked through the rain, was soaked… 10 min. later the Symbol disappeared and i didn't have to make fire for it? Fighting against the cold was also no problem until now… don't know… it's much easier to survive i think.

Got killed 2 times… first time my dog wanted my attention and the same Moment a Zombie saw me 😄 second time i died without seeing my enemy… just heared 2 shots… seems i have to be more cautious ^^

Edited by dirrly
typo

Found a tourist map in an old car in Elektrozavodsk. Heard two gunshots later on, but failed to spot the shooter. Got cholera. Just trying to survive.

Logged into the public server I always play on.  I was at my base, so I jumped into one of the Olgas.  Drove around for a while, up and down Helicopter Alley (a tour around zelenogorsk and up towards Lopatino)  Drove back down.   Looted Veresnik.  Looted tents along the way.  Drove to the damn after my sub machine gun got all kitted out.  Found a couple new 8x scopes.  That's cool.  Drove back to the base, parked the car, ate some food.  It was getting dark out and the server was dwindling, population-wise.  Logged out for a bit and played some other games.  Checked work emails.  Did some dishes and walked the dog.  Logged back on.  Still waiting for daylight.   

Didn't know what to do, so I decided to server hop a few times with my load out set.   Game sent me to Svetlo.  This is perfect.  Lots of fresh spawns with no gear to shoot at.  Lots of griefing to be had.  Hid out on the north west side of town, kinda near the gas station up there.  Perfect vantage point in sight of the new police station and more importantly, a police car spawn.   Camped that out for a while.  Shot at a few people.  Killed one, I think.  A bit later my bro logged on.  I switched back to the official public 'home' server.  Had Broseph pick me up and drive me back west.  Not all that fruitful, not necessarily boring.  Not like loot is hard to come by, I guess.   I dunno maybe I'll use a series of campfires to scale some buildings in Zelenogorsk and snipe plebs there.

Took my Ada to the lumberyard at Myskhino to gather some planks, filled the car and my inventory and drove up the east hill again only to hit a tree stump (in the middle of the road) that broke everything from the seats forward on the car. I walked back (yes walked, full inventory of weapons and planks) to Novy Sobor where my base is and than logged off due to not being able to muster the power to get the rest from the car, it's my only car and that's a long hike. We will see if the rest of the stuff is in the car when I go for a run later this evening. God dangit..