shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Today a few quite strange things happened. I ran around in Elektro, having had to respawn due to someone sniping me. I had gathered up some decent gear when I'm approached by a bambi, saying over chat that he's a freshspawn and wondering if he could hook up. I immediately became suspicious as he easily avoided the seds and tried to get close to me. I told him to keep his distance when someone started shooting at me with sks. I ran upstairs and the bambi followed. I told him  to go away but he kept trying to get close to me. I ran away and brought some zombies to me so they would keep him off me. Eventually I had to tell him to go away or I would shoot him. I lost him and ran to the tech building and went to the roof. Not three minutes went by before he comes crawlign through the roof hatch. I then told him at gunpoint to leave and he went outside. As I went down the stairs I get shot at through the windows by an sks again so I wait in the stairwell. Almost immedtiately A guy runs in with an axe so I gun him down. I then get hit in the back and its the damn bambi! I shoot him too and start patching myself up. A few minutes later another guy runs in, looks just like the bambi and he attacks me right away so I gun him down but he knocks me out at the same time. A while later I come to and start looting the corpse of the sks-guy when I hear someone else come running. I hide upstairs and hear him come in and go to the corpse. As I look down its bambiguy again! I'm tired of him so I just shoot him fo the third time. I take what I need from the corpses and move along.

As I come to a fountain I stop to drink. i put down my mosin and drink and fill my bottle. When I'm gonna get my mosin its stuck in the fountain. I try everything but I can't pick it up. I have to carry on with only an empty SKS :/

When I get to Cherno something weird happens. I'm upstairs at a restaurant when all of a sudden all my equipment is gone. I immediately think its a hacker as a similar thing has happened to me before but nobody shows up and I'm not killed. As I walk to an adjacent room all my equipment is lying there on the floor. I suit up and leave the server in case its a hacker.

Weird weird stuff.

Mosin stuck in a fountain:

2d11leb.jpg

Ok.. so zombies scare me half to death,as soon as I hear them bam i'm gone.As i'm running I see all the houses I just passed up,which means no food no nothing.So I spawned in kamyshovo  there was another new spawn there also,I  started talking to him he had no mic but then a zombie came up and i ran into the fire house along with the zombie and other new spawn.Got up to the top followed by the zombie ran back down went out the door and closed it leaving the zombie and other guy inside.I felt really bad but I was in a panic.I hear punching going on but ran into the woods and stopped.I was bleeding but had nothing,when low and behold that guy showed up and bandaged me.I told him thanks so much but the servers restarted and lost him.Never found out who he was but thank you for saving my B-------.anyway I said ok thats it dont care if I die not running from zombies anymore.As a matter of fact I went looking for them.I managed to punch my way through 3 or 4 zombies killing all of them.Once you get the aim down its not too hard to knock them down.They usually drop about four times before they die.But thanks to that poor soul I left in the fire house I owe my courage to him.

nice - my player at the moment, is surviving & avoiding any player contact 10 days and counting (yes on minimum 10+ player servers, usually HIHB). Living on Deer & Wild Boar looting towns for water & found my first M4A1 - WoW do I feel paranoid (I might surrender this)

I also got a skeleton face mask - I think I'll leave this in near a water fountain for anyone who wants it as I have no use for it as a survivor player style. all in all I got enough Wild Boar Steak to feed me for a long time.

Bad Day 1.

Started out good. Found a gun and a jacket with 4 pockets, a helmet, a sickle, a canteen and lots of food and drink. Then I did something stupid and fell off a building. Broke my leg. I gave some passerbyers my shoes and they fixed up my leg. Then shot me as I left! WTF???

Now I have nothing and I keep spawning close to Zombies. How do you get rid of them? I can't figure it out. Can't kill them with just my fists. And they won't stop chasing me.  oh well, tomorrows another day.

@LordVido - Run away, turn corners, in / out of buildings they'll soon leave you alone, get an axe or pick for taking Zombies out.

@LordVido - Run away, turn corners, in / out of buildings they'll soon leave you alone, get an axe or pick for taking Zombies out.

LOL, ya I was trying that couldn't seem to shake him no matter what I did. Damn things move to fast.  Thought I had ditched him and was searching through a building and he ran right into the building.  I died and respawned in a different server. Had one after me before I could even get to a building. 2 more started chasing me as I ran from the first. oh well, it's just my first Day. It'll get better, right guys?......right???

On a better note I did find, after many settings changes, a decent balance of playability and graphics quality, despite my ancient GPU.

Edited by LordVido

If theirs only one do as I did and just punch them in the head.Dont put your pointer on their head just your fist.Try to have some bandages cause if your new like me your probably going to be bleeding at the end of it.I did have one fracture my arm once but its a good way to get rid of them.Hope it works for you..good luck

This game is so weird. I've played 900 hours and only encountered one confirmed real female player before, then yesterday i run around in svet and are approached by a russian-speaking girl with her gun raised. I talk to her but her english is bad so she writes instead. Turns out her friend got killed by a bandit and she then killed him. Now she's waiting for her friend to return for her stuff. I give her some food and get some rags in return, then I'm off. Today, with the same character, I'm at the NE airfield when I hear some players approaching while I'm looting one of the industrial buildings. They ask me to come out and one is a girl. I eventually come out and talk a bit to them. Turns out the girl is swedish too. And now we're married with two kids.

This game is so weird. I've played 900 hours and only encountered one confirmed real female player before, then yesterday i run around in svet and are approached by a russian-speaking girl with her gun raised. I talk to her but her english is bad so she writes instead. Turns out her friend got killed by a bandit and she then killed him. Now she's waiting for her friend to return for her stuff. I give her some food and get some rags in return, then I'm off. Today, with the same character, I'm at the NE airfield when I hear some players approaching while I'm looting one of the industrial buildings. They ask me to come out and one is a girl. I eventually come out and talk a bit to them. Turns out the girl is swedish too. And now we're married with two kids.

Married and two children in one day? Amazing

Well I started of as a freshpawn in cherno .50 exp #5. Got some gear a mosin w ammo and some new gear. I needed some better stuff so I head to balpta and on the first jail I here gun shots. I just keep zigzagging and zigzagging and nothing hits me. A team of about 6 people miss all of there shots. Eventually they just left me alone. I found very little stuff in the jails and at tower and hangers until the last jail when I crashed. I had a good short run will continue soon.

Day 2.0

I decide to quickly book it away from the coast and find a small paved road that seems to be heading North West. I can hear gunfire in the distance so I stay in the woods and keep the path in my sights, stopping to look around every few minutes. The trip is very long, but nothing crosses my path except a deer. In the distance I can see some houses, Just before I come out of the trees a crouch and move slowly forward to look around. In the distance I see Zed. Oh crap and he sees me. I run, and zig zag. Can't shake him. So I fight, and I bleed, and I......................

Day 2.1

Some houses up ahead. I need stuff, so I investigate. First house comes up empty. I go in the second house. I hear a sound. I can see Zed out the window. I quickly close the door, but his torso comes through the wall and enters. Seems that legless Zed can't hurt me, he just bumps into me. I take a few things and go out the back door, quickly shutting the door behind me. Legless Zed comes through the wall again, but now his legs are back. In shock I hesitate, and Zed attacks. I run, but I'm bleeding pretty badly. I look back and no longer see Zed. I need to tear my shirt into rags and stop the bleeding. I grab my shirt and..........................

Day 2.2

I follow the railroad tracks to what looks like an old industrial community.  Can't find a way into the large building I come upon first, but I do see a ladder to the rooftop. I climb up to get a view of the town. on the other side of building I see Zed. Damn it. I climb down and peak around the corner. Zeds cognitive skills are amazing, and quickly starts chasing me. Back up the ladder I go. I find a ladder down on the other side, and am about to just get away from there, when Zed comes running to me. How the...? and back up the ladder again I go. I go back to the other side and just stay on the ladder waiting. Zed's not coming. I go back to look at the ladder on the other side. Zed's still there. So I go back down the other ladder and head up into the town, staying on the opposite side of Zed. I cross over to go into some houses. I here Zed. arrrggghh really? I turn around and here she comes. I sprint past her, and then her again. What? Now there's two of them. And back up the ladder I go. Below I see two of them, just waiting for me to come down. I jump off the building. Goodbye cruel world................

Day 2.3

Ahead I see what looks like a little farm town.I head to the first building and look inside. I find a jacket and beanie. not in great condition, but it's something. I make my shirt into rags and  I head out and peer around the corner. I see Zed in the far distance, just swaying it's arms back and forth. I wait there crouched. It doesn't move. I slowly cut across to some houses on the other Side. I hear Zed. I run through the forest zigging and zagging and put distance between me and Zed. Ahead is a small group of houses. Before opening the door I look back. No sign of Zed. I go inside and close the door behind me. I find a better hat some fresh and canned food and a wrench. I eat the fresh food and pocket the rest. I move on to the second house. I find a canteen another canned good and a pepper. I eat the pepper and store the canned good. I see a tshirt on the ground but don't have room to store it. Outside the door I see Zed. I just can't catch a break. I run out through the other door and into the next house. there's nothing in there I can use, but I figure I can trap Zed in the house. I open the door and let Zed in. He hits me and I'm bleeding. I manage to run out and close the door. he's trapped. I grab my rags to stop the bleeding. It's raining. My rags are ruined. I remember the T shirt in the other house, so I go in there turn it into rags and patch myself up. I'm alive. Think I'll rest here for the night.

Today was the crappiest day in a long time. I spawned in Elektro with my decently geared character and checked all the normal places- As I approach the twon square I hear gunfire. I see an unarmed guy come running bleeding so I call to him. Then I notice a guy is following him and shooting at him with a shotgun. Since I dissaprove of such banditry I open fire on the guy with the shotty. unofrtunately another guy appears and shoots me. I fall unconscious adn wake up a little while later. Two guys are standing by my body, probably stealing my press vest but they havent taken the rifle form my hands so I sit up and gun the both of them down. As I rejoice at my victory I am shot dead from behind by a third guy :/

I respawn outside Novo, on teh hill. i quickly loot up and have a nice black uniform and waterproof pack in minutes :). i meet a newspawn but he doesnt speak. I run to novo tower and start my ascent. I hear someone rustling above so I call out to him. He doesnt answer so I approach slowly. I see his shadow with him sitting pointing a gun at the doorway. i tell him Im friendly and to lower his gun but he doesnt reply or respond so i go back down. On my way out I find a shotgun and the game crashes. I log in again and go up the tower, actually thinking Im on another server. As I approach the first apartments I recognize the loot there and Dead. Didnt get to hear the shot but I saw the guy before I passed out and died.

Spawned in cherno. Immediately a guy comes running chased by a zombie. I kill it but he runs away so I gear up a bit and go into town. I see a dead body outside the policestastion and then Im hit by gunfire. I run away and start bandaging. Then a zombie attacks me and I cant cancel. Then when I finally cancels and can start avoiding the zombie a guy comes in and starts wailing. I die again.

I spawn in Kambiwobo. The place is absolutely deserted of loot. Not one thing. I run to elektro and hear gunfire so  take it slow, looking for food. I find a lot of loot, incredible amounts. Also find a mosin and some ammo. Then Im shot dead in the fire station by some piss-ant wannabe sniper.

I scream really loud and turn off the game. So boring when thers no interaction, only dirty KOS:ers.

• Like 1

Joined .50 for the first time, lost my well-geared guy within 10 minutes of reaching Elektro. That'll teach me for standing still on a rooftop. Strangely, I felt kind of relieved since carrying all that fancy gear around made me paranoid as hell.

So, respawned near Berezino, ready for the new Chernarus. Started with nothing, upgraded to cattle prod/cargo pants, then found a splitting axe, so my next order became finding rope and sticks to make a backpack. After that, found some wire so I decided to try a rabbit snare and fish trap, got some sardines but no rabbit. Found a Longhorn, good for scoping the surroundings. Whacked a few zeds, found some aviators (bling!) and a check coat. Picked up a spare raincoat and some hiking boots, found a few cans of food and drink, which made me happy. Then I picked up a drybag, good god I love them already! Chucked my axe at a cow trying to kill it, and couldn't find it back so now I have to use the cattle prod. Picked up a crossbow with holosight and bolts someone left in a shed... wonder what they found to replace it! Found some ammo for the Longhorn and a long range scope for the Mosin I'm hunting now. And finally, in one of the tiny wood houses, I found a pink derringer!

So now I've got good survival gear, I am energized, hydrated and healthy, I've got some spare food and drink, I've got a crossbow and Longhorn with ammo, and a mission: Find a Mosin, and find some .45 ACP ammo!

Lol, what a tard.

I had a first bad then good day. I spawned with my regular 3rd person character. I was near Novo. I went to the hopsital and could hear someone upstairs so I called out to him. Went around a corner and there was a guy with an AK. I sid Hi and he shot at me. I didnt die so I ran away and went to the roof of one of the adjacent buildings and shot him with my mosin. It seems he didnt die and logged off though cause when i went there he was gone, no body. I went to the police station and was assaulted by some zombies. These continued to hit me throuh the house walls though I was on the second floor so I had to go down and kill them. At this time I was really low on blood, evrything was real grey so I went to another building to heal up. Went to the third floor and all of a sudden my legs break adn I die a few seconds later. Didnt seem to be anyone there so It was probably the leg breaking bug.

I respawned and ran around for a while but since everything was picked clean I logged in with my 1rd person character instead. I was up north and there where tons of loot there. I went to the NW airfield and there was Lootapalooza there. No people and loot everywhere. Ten or so Ak's. a Ak74su(ruined ofcourse)magazines, high capcity vests and lots of other stuff. I filled my pockets and moved on. Didnt see a sinlge person on a twenty man server which was kinda unusual.

Today I met people at two different times, strangely both in cherno but with hours between them. The first were a pair of fully geared fellas who when I said "hi there" decided to open up on me. They missed and I cussed at them and ran away. The second was a bit more special. I came to cherno and hear some zombies, I go to them and see a guy getting the shit beaten out of him by two zeds so I shoot them. Hes bleeding so I patch him up. I talk to him but he isnt talking. He doesnt attack me but turns out this is probably only because he doesnt have a weapon. Since he doesnt talk I go away and loot for a bit. When I get to the police station I see him running up the street and he has found a shotgun. I go into the police station and close the doors and after a while the door opens. I tell the guy not to shoot but ofcourse he shoots. He misses so I cuss at him for a bit but doesnt kill him. I run away and decide to scope for him from the tec building. I spot him easily and he seems lost and keeps shooting zeds with his shotty so i let him live. I leave cherno and while Im in a building eating I hear shotty blasts. I check it out and its the guy. Hes a couple of hundred metres away so i scope him but doesnt shoot. He goes into a building and doesnt come out. I decide its time to have a chat with him about player conduct and goes in there but he has logged out.

So I recorded my day anyway after seeing this post - not too long a vid - but you really cant trust some people!

Wasting bullets on zombies?

You can practically one hit kill a zombie with a brass knuckle.

Edited by Exorade

Well... days where I live are usually fun enough. Though in most cases that I die, it's usually close range and I never see or hear the one responsible and it's ALWAYS one shot, even with a ballistic helmet, it's still always one shot. Isn't a ballistic helmet supposed to protect you from at least one shot?

So today, after working my way across the east side of the map towards some military base... not sure which one. I got some nice gear on the way, M4A1 with acog scope within 20 mins of spawning with stanag double-mag in the first 5 mins, some nice civilian gear, fireaxe, a mosin in the hands with compensator and long-range scope and i'm on my way off the coast to the military base for some better clothes. 3 hours in and about 15 mins away from the base, I see life. A player running across the field to my right, I get low and watch him disappear over a low bank. He's not going anywhere that I can see, so I crouch-sprint my on my way, keeping an eye out every few seconds in his direction to see if he's moving.

Suddenly, Bang! 1 SKS round and i'm dead. Came from the left, not far from the road through my ballistic helmet which is meant to stop just that. Never even got to test my M4. And just 5 minutes earlier I was thinking of logging off for the night after checking the player list and seeing 3 guys in a clan were on. People in clans are almost always there to KOS and this was a "friendly" server (not that i've ever encountered a friendly player who wasn't a freshspawn).

Wasting bullets on zombies?

You can practically one hit kill a zombie with a brass knuckle.

Couldn't put the gun away seeing as I didn't know the guy yet - otherwise would've used the axe

I shoot zombies all the time. Its not like you're going to get to use all those bullets on players.

Ran northwest from Elektro, looted a military base, reached the end of the map. I then walked south toward the coast. I looted a few gas stations and small towns cause I was down to my last few cans of food. I came out of a hotel and see a guy with decent gear running around the side of a building. I sprinted for the woods, managed to not alert him of my presence, and ran down the coast. Then I see a figure in the woods which I thought at first was a zombie. Then I see it lean left and right, so I sprinted behind a tree and called out friendly. The guy puts his hands up and types "Hi, what's up?" and I said "Not much." Then we basically just went our separate ways. I then walked to the base of a tree and logged out.

Its all fun and games until a hacker comes along.

First post on the forums, so hello! I didn't know if I should start a thread about this or not so I'll just post it in here. Met up with some friends and had some fun, one of them who was angry because I stole his shoes "accidently" killed me with a sledgehammer, I spawned just down the road from berezino so meeting back up was no issue, I found a couple of new spawns along the way who followed me in and we attempted to take them prisoner but one of them had other plans which led to his death, we were going to let the other new spawn go with some basic gear and food since the city was looted, we were taking him up the road when suddenly double barrel 12ga shots started ringing out just a bit away from us. The new spawn probably died, he fell down and we left him there to take cover when we found the suspect, a pantless man in a green shirt with a shotgun firing at us, no big deal, he would go down easy right? Well I gave chase and then he ran through a wall, I figured it was just lag so I told the guys he was likely around the building, then he popped out and took two more shots, now we were starting to think we had a wallhacker so we all kept moving and sure enough we locked him down to one building, every time he came out we rushed his ass, I broke his arm and had him bleeding profusely at one point but he came back about 20 seconds later fully healed.

This went on for 10 or so minutes of us taunting him and hitting/shooting him only to have him pop out and shoot at us again, he was a terrible shot but he was persistent and had killed one of our four man group by that point. We headed North to get away from him when suddenly explosions rang out, one of ours said he had been killed over teamspeak, then another explosion and another death, and at that point it was only me so I just began logging out only to hear the explosion and my likely death.

Its no big deal, we weren't even geared up but I imagine this can be annoying for those who have spent hours getting all this great gear and getting a good team going only to have a hacker kill them. I didn't take any screenshots, I thought I was recording it but I found that I had failed to start the record after I logged out so unfortuantely I have no video of it happening.

how my dayz was?

ill tell you... I just baught this game. i have my first 5-6 hours in.

why is this game so hard????? Whenever i spawn, i cant even check 3 houses, which are completely looted anyways (doors open, etc.), and tadaa, theres 2 zombies makin my life miserable. I cant box them, i figuered, so i run around like crazy to find any thing i can use to hit those bastards. But damn this is so rough.. even if i manage to kill 3 or 4 of these things after finally finding some baseballbat or anything, i most of the times died because i didnt have rags or something to eat/drink. And the one time i had some stuff and found a city, i got sniped from far away. thats bs :D

is it just bad luck or what? i mean comon, do i have to fight 10 zombies and check 20 houses before i find a weapon and a backpack? Very frustrating first day[z].. meh

how my dayz was?

ill tell you... I just baught this game. i have my first 5-6 hours in.

why is this game so hard????? Whenever i spawn, i cant even check 3 houses, which are completely looted anyways (doors open, etc.), and tadaa, theres 2 zombies makin my life miserable. I cant box them, i figuered, so i run around like crazy to find any thing i can use to hit those bastards. But damn this is so rough.. even if i manage to kill 3 or 4 of these things after finally finding some baseballbat or anything, i most of the times died because i didnt have rags or something to eat/drink. And the one time i had some stuff and found a city, i got sniped from far away. thats bs :D

is it just bad luck or what? i mean comon, do i have to fight 10 zombies and check 20 houses before i find a weapon and a backpack? Very frustrating first day[z].. meh

Alright first things first, the only weapon you need to try and kill a zombie with is the: Pickaxe, Splitting Axe, Sledgehammer, Fireaxe, all in that order. The only other substitute is the regular hammer, one or two hits to the head knocks them down and then you can bash their head in with it but this method can be very tricky. If you don't have one of the weapons mentioned above then just run in a house, have the zombies follow you in, keep dodging them, get them into a room, run out, shut door, close all doors to house, continue looting.

Zombies respawn every couple of minutes it seems so don't waste time killing them unless you have a good weapon, just lock them in a house.

Another thing you need to understand is the way zombies follow you, the zombies rely like 90% on line of sight, when a zombie can no longer see you it will run to the place you last were and wait there until it sees you again, the best way to get zombies off your ass is to run through thick trees or bushes or around buildings and just keep running, hold alt to enable free look so you can look behind you to see if they are still there and if they have line of sight.

As for food, well, playing on full pop servers as a fresh spawn can be a challenge for new players, try going to the server page and picking a server with few or no people on it so that you can familiarize yourself with the game a bit. Wells are broken right now so make sure to stop off at any pond or stream you see for a drink, just drink until you are stuffed. Fruit also gives hydration and canned goods do too but to a lesser extent. Just about anything can open a can of food, even a fire extinguisher, the amount of food in the can will vary depending on what you use to open it, the can opener is the best leaving 100%, the screwdriver is second best leaving 95%+, the sledgehammer and axes do okay but anything else is going to leave you with like 30% or worse. If you are starving then stay on the coast, the towns are pretty close together with lots of houses in between on the coast but the loot is never that great, once you have some food and drink stocked up then head inland.

Last tip, familiarize yourself with the map and the town names, town names can be found on signs coming into or leaving the towns and on train stations, here is a good map:

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#6.132.100

My first few people died of basic things like blood loss from zombies, starvation, and hypothermia as well, when I learned to use the map and use proper weapons/tactics it really turned my survivability around, I've only died to players and glitches ever since.

Quick edit, I find that it is much easier to kill zombies with melee weapons when you are in third person, due to the way zombies often run in bursts it can be kind of hard to keep up with them in first person. Try fighting in third person.

Edited by DickCheney
  • Like 1