shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

How likely was it to meet another player in the middle of nowhere in a bush, when on the server have been only 10 players left. 

I was once on the server with only one person, I went to berezino and he was in one of the buildings I opened holding an axe. What are the odds of that. 

• Like 3

Yesterday my DayZ was truly unbelievable. I play on 40/40 PIPSY (I think I spell it right) server for three hours, meet 8 or 10 different players all the way from fresh spawns to one fully geared guy and NO ONE!!! try to attack me!   Instead every time we had friendly chats and goes our ways. One fresh spawn even use her only t-shirt to bandage me when I was bleeding after Zeds attack and have no bandages. 

• Like 1

New patch is a nightmare, died within 30mins on several occasions. either mobbed by zombies or from hypothermia. Axes ruined with one chop of tree or zed. freeze in from of a fire. Give us a chance dayz

Urgh what a shitty day. Not only did both my characters die to non-talkative cowards but the game was very laggy and many servers refused to go from "waiting for host" to actually letting me in. I did however manage to go through the entire town of Berezino without meeting a single murderer, which was nice.

I got bitch slapped in the face by karma.

Playing with a friend, we shot a guy outside electro for shits and giggles. Next thing we're on the rocks near Kamyshovo, and well, I got too near a rock and was subsequently pinged through the air at high speed and then died.

That's not the end of it though. My friend guarded my gear as I spawned in and ran back. The server crashed. I lost everything.

Listen up bandits. You better not kill anyone. Also for all players, I think you would be advised to leave some beans at the rock so that you do not anger it in future. The rock god has spoken.

So much oddness...or how three bandits wont kill you when unconscious at NEAF.

Ran into NEAF and closed the door...this is important. Goes under stairs, zombie stuck in wall. I switch to the axe and bring it to bear on the the glitched undead and let loose a swing and another trying to beat its half petrified body to death. Then I hear a door open. Thank fuck for the newly added sounds.

I turn around lean right to check. My other arms  are a sporter with no mag (but one one in the chamber) and CZ pistol stuffed in my vest in same fashion. I catch a glimpse of wood and steel, half a body is closing in on under the stair well. There is but one option. I bum rush him. He knows the limits of what was thankfully a Mosin and he turns and flees straight out the front door. I yell friendly but how's it look to him?  I'm chasing him out the front door with an axe. I close the door and repeat my friendly call. I check my inadequate weapons and wait. I hear two additional foot steps and not a sound over direct. It's three geared versus a single shot sporter. He came in for me they are not talking back to me I figure my best chance is to leg it straight across the airfield and hope they miss.

Running straight out the front door I glance right and spot a player at the far hanger door leaning out. For some reason I stop and stare at him gun lowered, as is his. He stares me down. I stare at him. It was three seconds, my nerve breaks and I turn and run back inside confused. I just froze wanting to see what would happen.

You are bleeding.

You have extreme pain.

You have a fracture.

You are unconscious.

Not a sound, not a shot. I figure my petrified zombie stair lurker has delivered it's infamous glitchy knock out blow. What a time for firsts. My mouse hovers over respawn but after considerable pause I let the scene unfold. After a full minute I hear a voice.

"Don't worry we got you mate".

I come too. My sporter, axe and vest with pistol are on the ground. I am promptly handcuffed. I can see the zombie under the stairwell. Time to work on surviving, "Did one of you shoot me? I didn't hear a shot? There is a zombie glitched under the stairs I think he got me. You'll want to take him out". They do so. I am missing my Gorka pants, my complete map, morphine and other things of interest but not my Riders jacket. Three people stand over and around me rummaging through stuff, pointing guns and not saying much,

One gun is kept trained on my head and the others ravage the building up and down the stairs, my presence seemingly irreverent to the proceedings. I try to get some small talk going. I never mention don't kill me. That's the worst thing you can do. Instead i mention a fracture, it's my arm but i tell them it's my leg.

There is no way to know how this will play out. If they want a play thing they might kill me for the inconvenience. If they don't they might think it's amusing to leave a cripple at NEAF stripped of quick means to heal. Apparently it's my lucky day. They wish me a sarcastic farewell, leaving on a perfectly good set of handcuffs on my hands as a parting gift and from the corner of free look i can see them watching my struggle from the bins outside with the cuffs as i stay in prone wriggling as much mileage out of my broken leg act as possible. 

I break free! I keep in character and crawl under the stairs hoping this is not a cruel jape and they will come back to finish me off. They had departed as far as i could tell but death is always a corner away. They left an axe and my bandanna is badly damaged but not ruined so a splint is a short sprint away.

And that is how it went. A pantless, near death, sporter, axe wielding, Riders Jacket wayfarer makes his second yolo sprint from the NEAF.

Down on blood.

Robbed of gorka.

Robbed of matches.

"You are rapidly cooling off"

(sigh)

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 2

Today was mostly fun. First I spawned in upper Berezino, I had found an ashwood stick last night so I thought I would try out fishing and archery. Unfortunately I only got out of the hospital and then I died from some unknown cause. I then found a 75 man server and decided to try it out. I spawned near Msta and couldn't find any loot, no clothes or food. I tried fighting a hopper with my fists but he was too tough so I ran. I found some stuff in the woods and ended up in elektro. People were shooting all over town so I took the long route round while trying to find an axe and some matches. Inside the factory I was fighting a zed when a player came in and helped me. Very nice of him, unfortunately I got hit in teh head by the zed and bled out.

I spawned nearby and ran to my corpse and found it unlooted. I made sure to get the hell out of dodge and ran towards Cherno. When I got to the outskirts two people with guns robbed me of my clothes, my axe and my backpack. I ran into the outer piano building but couldn't find anything there. Just as I was leaving two guys with guns show up. I'm sure its the two robbers come back to kill me and just as one of them is taking out his weapon the server reboots, Phew! I checked them and it wasn't the same guys.

I went into the server again and spawned naked under a bridge outside Vybor- People were screaming and fighting so I ran. I had only managed to get some clothes when I guy comes and wants to kill med for them, so we duke it out in the square. Two other guys join in and people are dropping. I get knocked out too and doesn't wake up.

Respawn outside elektro. I gather some decent stuff right away and head for the hospital. As I'm up there I notice a guy shooting people with his mosin so I watch him. He goes to the hospital so I hide on a ladder. After a while he sees me, has a good laugh about it and I have to go down. As I leave town theres a lot of shooting. I again head for Cherno and met a bunch of people on the way. Nobody has an axe so I can't even light a damn fire. I get to cherno and of course theres shooting there. I manage to find a carbine and some ammo for it and the server restarts again. Time to sleep.

• Like 1

last night i was looting the area of elektro, decent clothing, an ax, lots of food and drinks etc.. when i got chased by 2 zombieschnitzels. when i killed the last of those 2 zombopoopers a guy appeared in front of me pointing a gun at me asking: friendly?

me: yes, let me put my ax away.

so i did, knowing i didnt really have a chance against a "loaded?" shotgun...

as i am putting away my weapon, a next guy appears also pointing one at me..

(at this point i already crapped my pants) no im not a crybaby but comeon.. 2 guns pointed at me.

guy: surrender or we will shoot you.

me: alright so i wanted to surrender myself but i accidentally middle forking fingered them. they instantly started talking spanish i believe, 3rd guy showed up and unloaded his mag into my face.

my day was alright

cheers

• Like 1

Fairly new to the game, only 10 hrs in game. I tried the game by myself, very bad idea. I was getting killed within 5 minutes every time so I started to YouTube and read some guides. And surprisingly it went a lot better.

I spawned at Kamyshovo, looted some houses for food and started venturing north in the woods. I quickly arrived at Rog and found an axe. Now I'm armed zeds, so beware ;)

At that point I planned my way to the military base south of NWAF, using the woods as cover.

Long walk and some zeds later I arrived, got geared up, pretty good. The only thing I was missing was a gun. I had loads of ammo but nothing to shoot it with.

Suddenly I spot another player rushing the base carrying a Mosin, which I had tons of ammo for.

So I got this bright idea: I will have a talk with him and maybe we can exchange some stuff. He went in to the command building so I also entered only to see him waiting with him Mosin aimed at my face. Shot went off, black screen stating you are dead.

My children are a few curses wiser and I've learned a new valuable lesson :D

• Like 1

Fairly new to the game, only 10 hrs in game. I tried the game by myself, very bad idea. I was getting killed within 5 minutes every time so I started to YouTube and read some guides. And surprisingly it went a lot better.

I spawned at Kamyshovo, looted some houses for food and started venturing north in the woods. I quickly arrived at Rog and found an axe. Now I'm armed zeds, so beware ;)

At that point I planned my way to the military base south of NWAF, using the woods as cover.

Long walk and some zeds later I arrived, got geared up, pretty good. The only thing I was missing was a gun. I had loads of ammo but nothing to shoot it with.

Suddenly I spot another player rushing the base carrying a Mosin, which I had tons of ammo for.

So I got this bright idea: I will have a talk with him and maybe we can exchange some stuff. He went in to the command building so I also entered only to see him waiting with him Mosin aimed at my face. Shot went off, black screen stating you are dead.

My children are a few curses wiser and I've learned a new valuable lesson :D

If he was in the bunk rooms, they only have the one exit. The better idea would have been to sneak up unseen and wait by the door with your axe. As soon as he came out slug him over the head a couple times with the axe and you've got yourself a mosin and whatever else he had that you didnt ruin with the axe. At close range you'll likely kill with an axe quicker than he can spin round and shoot you.

• Like 1

@ McTabish

THX for the reply but I wanted some player interaction and boy did I get it Lets say it is a lesson learned the hard way.

At that moment I was pretty p*ss*d off but you can respawn and now there is a slightly wiser Bambi strolling through DayZ

THX for the reply but I wanted some player interaction and boy did I get it Lets say it is a lesson learned the hard way.

At that moment I was pretty p*ss*d off but you can respawn and now there is a slightly wiser Bambi strolling through DayZ

Of course you can do whtat McTabish said: "As soon as he came out slug him over the head a couple times with the axe and you've got yourself a mosin and whatever else he had that you didnt ruin with the axe." but there is more in this game than kill or be killed. If you want interaction your lesson learned could also be: next time speak from outside the building with the other player, instead of running inside straight toward him. Maybe he didn't know what you want and thought you want to kill him, so he chose to shoot first before you are able to.

So next time stay outside and say something like: "Hey buddy. Saw you run in there. I'm friendly, how about you?". But you know it can nonetheless end with your death. But can't shoot you so fast this way, because he does not see you. ;-)

• Like 1

@ Survivor

Thx for the info. Right now I role play as the lone friendly survivor. But I think you are right and maybe startled the guy and he took the sure for the unsure. Next time I will be more cautious but I was so happy to see another person that I just ran to him and wanted to make contact. But it is a brutal world out there;)

I've been playing a month or so.  I've run all over the map, gotten a variety of gear, and been kicked and killed any number of times.  The constant unwarned kicks by servers as they reboot is extremely annoying.  Once I got reboot-kicked, logged immediately into a different server, and got kicked from that one with some message that I was hacking. ??  Then, I logged into a 3rd server, and was forced to respawn, all my gear was gone.  

I've mostly been killed by other players who are sniping.  Once I got approached by some clown who asked for help, so I gave him food.  Then he whipped out a pistol and shot me.  Most of the time, I've been sniped from a distance, when there are few players on the server.  I seldom carry my weapon in hand so as to avoid seeming a threat.  I always run in treelines if possible.  I seldom even see anyone.  No one has talked to me in game, except for someone that said "I'm friendly" and then cuffed and robbed me and then told me I was lucky he didn't kill me, as he stole the only weapon I had, a fireaxe, and I died from a pair of zombies moments later.  

Today I went all the way across the map, saw no one, and died from a head shot.  It seems like the preferred action on most servers is KoS.  I can say that easily, because except for the one guy that killed me with a pistol, and one hacker I ran from who then appeared in front of me and sprayed me with an automatic, I've died dozens of times to people sniping, usually when I have very little gear, or I've got weapons but haven't found ammo, etc. Today was another good example.  I worked my way from the n/e end of the map to the s/w, found the air strip, and got sniped.  I respawned west of Cherno and got sniped before I could move.  Respawned again at Selno, my beginning point.  Got sniped there as I ran from a zombie.  [sigh]  So I logged for the day.  3 sniping deaths, plus the 60 second respawn timer each time.

I've yet to run across any player that actually wanted to help or to work together.  Although once I saw several players in the distance running together, just before they stopped and shot me.  

There are a lot of bugs.  I've died to zombies in buildings, hitting me through walls, through floors.  Sometimes they walk through closed steel doors.  Sometimes they're invisible zombies.  Sometimes they are zombies that are running away from me, a dozen yards or more, while killing me?  I broke my leg by standing still on a building stairway once, then died because I was a fresh spawn and couldn't crawl down 4 flights of stairs and find an axe to make sticks for a splint.  It took about 15 minutes to go unconcious for a respawn.  I died once on a ship, the ladder i was climbing disappeared, and i fell, and then couldn't stand up, so I couldn't go up stairs, up a ladder, or over thresholds, I was forced to leave the game sitting for half an hour before I finally went unconcious and could respawn.  I find arrows and bolts but the crossbows don't allow either to be loaded so they're worthless.  I've walked around underneath buildings, not sure how I got there.  All of this is expected to be the case with an early alpha release, and one would hope most of them are resolved at some point.

The game is interesting in some aspects, and it's a challenge at first to deal with the zombies.  But for all the game's interesting points the sniping activity pretty much negates it.  I've played on about 40 different servers so far, mostly during US daytime hours, and it's always been the same story.

@deadguy

If Snipers are your biggest problem, then the best idea is to learn where Snipers make camp and how they behave. They need a place with a good line of sight over a broad area, usually a raised elevation and somewhere they are unlikely to be seen. Most will sit in third person, invisible to you behind something, scanning the area for movement before looking down the scope. Very few people would play as a Sniper in an area that doesn't get a lot of players passing through, because in all honestly, who wants to sit doing nothing, slowly freezing and starving to death for several hours at a time without ever seeing a player.

If you go to NW airfield or any other military area that drops good loot, on a server that has even 1 other player on it, go in thinking that guy's a sniper waiting to kill you. Don't just watch the buildings and towers, as most clever snipers are hiding in the tree line. Don't stand still in the open, duck and dive, keep moving and take cover if you hear a shot, as it's likely at you. Snipers are not a threat if you're clever about it. Avoid being seen by Zombies in these area, as some snipers will sit and watch the zombies, because the zed will stand still until it spots a player, and then run at the player. You will then stand more or less still as you kill the zombie, making you a very easy target to both locate and hit.

Good luck!

I'm brand new to this game, about 4 hr's or so total play time.

I first spawned near a motor pool of some sort. I found a compass a cattle prod and a hard hat. I ran to a nearby village and found a down filled coat some gloves and a Mosin, no ammo. I met my fist zombie. Cattle prod doesn't seem to bother them much.

I then spawned near some docks. I ditched the next zombie I saw. Found a hoodie, combat boots a pipe wrench and an SKS, no bullets... Zombies laugh at pipe wrenches apparently.

I spawned again in farm country, found an axe! I started slaying zombies

I also found a double rifle and an SKS, I kept the SKS, no ammo for either. I found a town that I later learned was Berenzino. I found down coat, boots and ammo, but not for SKS. Buckshot, 357, 22, Mosin ammo and 380. I left town and was warm for the very first time, for all of a minute. I stopped in a secluded country house, checked for zombies and saw none. I went inside the house and started to eat an orange. 2 zombies warped in and it took me some time to stop eating and get out my Axe. I was bleeding and bound my wounds but my pristine down coat was now ruined and I'm getting cold again...

I haven't met any survivors as of yet.

Edited by Joe Palooka
  • Like 1

I went onto a full server, in a city where I've atleast spawned like 10 times, fully unlooted. Sat in one of the hangars. Gulped down 5 sodas, and wasn't gunned down.

10/10

Lessons learned;

I spawn somewhere in a big city, no clue whatsoever. Go to the first piano house i see and i pick up a pick axe and some shirts so i have a couple of rags. I see a school and start to loot it. Found myself some new clothes with a bit more inventory space and some soda's and some fresh fruit. Also the first zombies appear and i manage to deal with them without too much trouble.

On to the next building, a prison. Found a children's backpack, a sporter 22 and some new boots. But no ammo. I'm off to a good start. Again some zombies wich are relatively dispatched quickly.

Walking north, find a I find a road wich says i'm in Cherno, OK I know where I am. I go to the appartment outskirts, find a supermarket, got myself a firemans axe and a orange mountain backpack.

At that moment I recalled that there is an airport nearby. Let's go over there.

The moment I arrive at the airport I see another player running into the "staff building" so I try to make contact and offering to trade. No answer. Lessons learned from the previous time I leave him in peace and make my way to the ATC tower. There I find a 9mm piston and a Colt Python. Still no ammo but I am a happy camper, I've got myself a Python wich is the coolest handgun ever. I feel very lucky indeed punk.

Next "staff building" i found somee 9mm ammo so i can chamber a round in my pistol. Things are looking better indeed. :)

What next, I want to go to green mountain. And along the way loot the military base. So i start walking. I spot a two story barn. Two story barns have loot! Let's loot then ;)

Enter the barn, go upstairs, misstep myself, fall down, YOU ARE DEAD

....................(enter cursing here)

• Like 1

We've all died from falling off things. I was stood on some rocks the other day, moved slightly and my leg was broken. Fortunately I had some supplies to make a splint, but still a little annoying. In my first few weeks I died all the time from falling off buildings.

A funny thing happened the other day, I was playing on a 1st person server and was on the rocks overlooking the Novo tower and spotted a guy running around on the roof through the binoculars. I only had an SKS without a scope at the time, but since he was standing still I thought why not have a punt. I couldn't see him without the scope but aimed at the general area I thought he was, compensated for drop and fired off 5 rounds. Switched back to the binoculars to see the guy falling off the tower to his death. I found his corpse on the ground and he was pretty well geared with loads of ammo and an axe,  so unlikely someone looking for a better spawn spot. I really can't think what happened. Unless my shots caused him to drop his rifle over the roof barrier, and he climbed over to pick it up and took one too many steps. Either way, rest in peace suicide guy.

• Like 1

I once fell off the top of rify, down onto the beach.

Perfectly fine.

10/10

Well done. It's a great feeling when you fall and you start shouting "Fuuuu" only to realise you're alive and have no broken legs.

Today was actually fairly interesting.  Started last night with a fresh spawn, and that particular spawn ended up being the first game I've had since coming back for .49 that's lasted long enough to get decently geared up. And of course, as fate is a tragic ass, I end up dying because a zombie headshotted me through the ceiling right as the server restarted.  Naturally I rage quit, particularly because I had just found myself a pristine assault vest.  

But, then I come back later after work and play again, and once again my character manages to last long.  Except this time, I'm even more well geared and was actually able to get 3 bars before I even got off the coast (because I spawned in Svetlo and the place was deserted yet fresh).  Now I'm basically a walking jackpot as I'm now able to survive indefinitely in the wild without resupply due to my gear.

3 of my mates and me just lost all our gear to a hacker... =/

just instant inventory drop, then invisible hits = dead. one after another

Edited by Axezeroone

Had a real funny dayz y-day. I played with some norwegians. One of them got shot and we couldnt find the killer. When he respawned he was taken hostage by some psychos who were torturing newspawns. They had a quiz and if you got the answer wrong, they shot you :/  Me and the other norwegian ran like crazy to save him. I got to the building they wer ein and could hear them screaming inside so I burst in, Magnum blazing. Unfortunately I didnt manage to kill the bastards and had to duck outside while they sprayed bullets at me. I went around the building and were about to go inside again when the server crashed. We logged in again but they didn't show up again. At least the norwegian and the other newspawns got away alive thanks to the server crash.