shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Wow, have my beans, sir!

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. Really appreciate it! Hope todayz gets better :)

Saw four people:

One was sniping from a rooftop in Berezino so I snuck and swam around him to avoid getting shot.

One tried to box my head in while saying "hello friend" so I shotgunned him to smithereens.

One didn't see me and ran the other way so I let him be. He had a gun too so I didn't wanna chance it.

One got eaten by zombies in Elektro while I watched from afar with my binos, hehe.

And that was my Day-z.

OMG! Such bad luck with the heli crashes. Never seen them so close to one another.

My dayz was crap. First I spawned in Elektro with my 3pp toon. Almost immediately I could hear someone spraying m4-fire like crazy so I ran for it. I could hear it coming closer so I hid on the third floor of a building. I kept still and quiet but a minute later someone tosses a grenade in there. I didnt hit me but I got shaky from the blast. Moments later some shoots like crazy in the stairs. I briefly see someone then I'm flashed. I couldn't believe it but theres no way someone would waste so many bullets on nothing and a grenade and a flashbang just to kill someone unknown. I figure its a hacker and exit the server.

I relog with my 1pp character whose also in Elektro. I scoot around for a bit then hear shooting. I find a dead guy in the streets and some geared people looting it. I decide theyre bandits and look for a more favorable spot to either attack or approach them. Unfortunately a zombie attacks me and im spotted. They approach and I greet them but they start shooting. I drop one and escapes into a building. We play the waiting game and pick off a few zombies. I decide after a while to chance it but my game crashes beforehand.

I log in with my 3pp guy again. Hes still flashed but it wears off. I travel south to Cherno and is shot in the back by someone I never get a chance to see. Bye bye M4.

I respawn and meet some people, theyre not friendly so I run away. When i get to Elektro I'm killed by an invisible guy with an M4. I respawn and run there again and manage to get my gear. In the outskirts I'm attacked by someone with an sks. I run and hide in a house but he finds me. I taunt him through the door for a while, then he kills me.

I respawn outside solnichy. I lott for a bit then get to Berezino. I see a guy running from zeds but doesnt approach. I hear someone shooting do I move away from it. When I get to lower Berezino its kinda empty. I find a crossbow and one bolt. I hear someone shooting at the gas station with a sporter. The game crashes and I call it a night.

• Like 1

I had a dissapointing interaction with a player at the Pavlovo military base. I had just gone into a barracks and heard someone running. I look through the window and see a geared blonde with an axe come running. I hide in the bathroom stalls and wait. I hear her outside as she's fighting a zombie and then she comes in, axe raised. I call to her but she attacks o I gun her down. I check the body and notice she's still alive so I reload my gun and bandage her, then step back. I talk to her and says that we don't have to kill eachother but once she comes to she attacks and I have to shoot her again. This time she dies.

Next time, please don't attack.

I then met another player. He was curtious enough to ask me to leave the prison building at Zelenogorsk instead of attacking me.  Nicely done sir.

Today was an exciting day. Me and my friend were in Elektro and someone attacked us with an axe. I quickly shot him down good and proper. Then we switched to a friendly server and we heard someone shoot like a crazy person with a M4A1. We sat in a building waiting and heard him kill at least three people. My friend was shot in the head by a mosin all of the sudden and I sat there guarding his gear for a while, then a really stupid guy ran up with an axe and tried to hit me with it, he succeeded but I managed to shoot him down, quickly I bandaged myself, put on a splint and loaded my weapon. After a while I saw the M4A1 bandit outside my building and I shot him twice but he ran off. I stayed in the same building , waiting for my dear friend. Then the same guy ran up and I shot him in the head and took the bandits' M4A1 with an healthy ammount of ammo and then I got the hell out of there. A bittersweet day because my friend died but I revenged him and took the M4A1 bandits' weapon. Served him right.  B)

Edited by TheGoodGuy
  • Like 1

Today was an exciting day. Me and my friend were in Elektro and someone attacked us with an axe. I quickly shot him down good and proper. Then we switched to a friendly server and we heard someone shoot like a crazy person with a M4A1. We sat in a building waiting and heard him kill at least three people. My friend was shot in the head by a mosin all of the sudden and I sat there guarding his gear for a while, then a really stupid guy ran up with an axe and tried to hit me with it, he succeeded but I managed to shoot him down, quickly I bandaged myself, put on a splint and loaded my weapon. After a while I saw the M4A1 bandit outside my building and I shot him twice but he ran off. I stayed in the same building , waiting for my dear friend. Then the same guy ran up and I shot him in the head and took the bandits' M4A1 with an healthy ammount of ammo and then I got the hell out of there. A bittersweet day because my friend died but I revenged him and took the M4A1 bandits' weapon. Served him right.  B)

It's great getting revenge eh?? ;)

• Like 1

Went to Chernaya to rummage through the scrap yard, found an MP-133 and two boxes of shells, then I went to the fire station. I run into a guy in a yellow raincoat coming out with a fire axe and immediately get hit. He chased me for a bit while I was bleeding, then finally I managed to graze him with the shotgun and he took off bleeding. I bandaged up and went looking for him, but he was nowhere to be seen. About 10 minutes later I climbed up the fire station tower for a better view but he seemingly vanished. But as I came down I spotted him running towards the station, and he had not seen me. I ran around back, confirmed he was in the tower, and I just stood downstairs with my shotgun ready. He came down, and I shot him. Vengeance, and his fire axe, were mine.

Edited by Sacha

I'm a massive DayZ fan especially Arma2 DayZ mod. I have found this game to be frustrating at times (yes I know it is Alfa). I play DayZ standalone and DayZ experimental once a fortnight to see how and if it has progressed.

Pros so far:

More loot

Character seems to be less needy (I want I want I want).

Graphics are less glitchy.

There are now Zombies/more Zombies.  :thumbsup:

I like the background noises as it helps with the immersion.

Cons so far (and probably a little rant):

Hit detection with melee weapons is shocking still.

Zombies can apparently see through several building walls and chase me down as they are faster than my character. 

Vaulting over walls is hit and miss and sprinting up hills to out run zombies is impossible as you can not sprint up hills or run. 

Zombies can glitch through walls and glitch attack you out of nowhere.

What I would like to see:

The main enemy in this game to be fixed would be a good start. It seems that the zombies are fairly half arsed. From what I have been reading vehicles are a priority which is fine but I would like to see zombies with better AI and more boundaries in their detection; For an example, a zombie can see me in the prone position behind a building three buildings away. It is really frustrating especially when you just get started, you decide to loot a town and a zombie spots you, may as well call it game over. 

Today was the worst. I logged in and just when I respawned there was a guy glitching trough the wall and he said "Hi", then he killed me instantly with his assault rifle. 

I launched the game, it crashed when I entered a server (dunno wtf happened there? but meh) anyway on the next attempt I got in and immediately found a pink balaclava. Now since this is the first time I found one, I'm wearing it!

.. then my GF come home and immediately spoiled my fun by calling me an addict.. I had been gaming for 3 minutes approx, the irony. 

• Like 1

So far:

Started in Gorka today (walked there on past friday after new spawn...) and looted Gorka, Novy Sobor, Stary Sobor and Vybor.

I found a Mosin, 2 Long Range Scopes, a military vest some 7.62 ammo, some food, spray cans, etc etc..

Now i am fully geared near Vybor. new task is surviving as many days as possible. Maybe i will stalk the airfield during the next couple of days, see what´s going on there and grab myself some popcorn :D

Airfield stalking is great, you can see some really amazing gunfights :P

0.51 was nog good for me today. I had lost my Ak74su for some reason. I found a gas canister but couldnt bring it since I had no room in my bag. I heard a car coming down the road so i hid and waited for it but no car ever arrived, only the sound of it. Then the server crashed.

I tried my HC character instead. Loot was thin but things seemed to work smoothly. I could finally drink my fill at a pump. Found an AKM so I put a magazine in it but when I picked it up it was empty. put it down to pick it up again but then it went missing, with my mag. Crap!

Tried my regular char again but it lagged so much I had to stop.

Something extremely annoying happened to me today. I came to Elektro and heard people shooting. I took it really slow but managed to aggro a zed and cut it down. As I approached the shooters another zed aggros at me from somewhere, I kill it and another one spawns and aggros, and another and another and so on. I'm forced to retreat as the zeds have blown my location. All the time while these zeds aggro on me I'm down low, doing nothing while people are shooting not thirty yards away.  Do gunfire not aggro zeds anymore or whats going on here?

Something extremely annoying happened to me today. I came to Elektro and heard people shooting. I took it really slow but managed to aggro a zed and cut it down. As I approached the shooters another zed aggros at me from somewhere, I kill it and another one spawns and aggros, and another and another and so on. I'm forced to retreat as the zeds have blown my location. All the time while these zeds aggro on me I'm down low, doing nothing while people are shooting not thirty yards away.  Do gunfire not aggro zeds anymore or whats going on here?

They probably did but you were in direct line of their path.  

I was just in Svetlo taking shots at random travelers, I climbed a tower, and after a few shots I had an infected at the bottom waiting for me.  I had to leave otherwise he would have given my position away. 

Today it happened again with the zeds. But this time it was both in my favour and not. First I was In Elektro again, and the damn zeds kept aggroing at me while I was hiding and trying to find people shooting. Later a zed saved my life at the NW airfield when a guy was going to shoot me in the back through a window, but since a zed attacked him I could turn and see him. Put half a clip in him but he didn't go down ofcourse.

I'm a massive DayZ fan especially Arma2 DayZ mod. I have found this game to be frustrating at times (yes I know it is Alfa). I play DayZ standalone and DayZ experimental once a fortnight to see how and if it has progressed.

Pros so far:

More loot

Character seems to be less needy (I want I want I want).

Graphics are less glitchy.

There are now Zombies/more Zombies.  :thumbsup:

I like the background noises as it helps with the immersion.

Cons so far (and probably a little rant):

Hit detection with melee weapons is shocking still.

Zombies can apparently see through several building walls and chase me down as they are faster than my character. 

Vaulting over walls is hit and miss and sprinting up hills to out run zombies is impossible as you can not sprint up hills or run. 

Zombies can glitch through walls and glitch attack you out of nowhere.

What I would like to see:

The main enemy in this game to be fixed would be a good start. It seems that the zombies are fairly half arsed. From what I have been reading vehicles are a priority which is fine but I would like to see zombies with better AI and more boundaries in their detection; For an example, a zombie can see me in the prone position behind a building three buildings away. It is really frustrating especially when you just get started, you decide to loot a town and a zombie spots you, may as well call it game over. 

tbh i thought about the zombie issue a couple days ago.

I dont understand how a game can be in alpha for more than 2 years and the main encounter, u will run into FOR SURE, everytime u play is still that glitchy. Additionally, zombies are the main reason i hate getting killed, because i know i can run around towns like crazy to find some meele weapon with 5 zombies chasin me.

locking them up in a house works maybe 2 outta ten times, cuz like u said, they see through walls, glitch into houses, etc. Dont get me wrong, I love this game but everytime i die ill take a breake for a couple of days because i hate being hit by invisible zombies as a freshspawn.

well, on topic. Had a very good day yestuuuuuurday. found my first truck and some nettings. i really love the new patch, game seems to run smoother plus u gotta love new content

A noobie here:

Read about going inland after spawning, so duly did.

Found a barn and broke a leg falling off stairs.

Spent the next hour crawling towards the coast, hoping for a Z or player to kill me.

Finally met a player asked him to kill me, but got knocked unconscious and had to crawl another 30 mins until a Z killed me.

Next day been heading to NWAF, but seen no-one no matter what server or how full.

Got an auto-shotgun & ammo....let's see how this goes.

A noobie here:

Read about going inland after spawning, so duly did.

Found a barn and broke a leg falling off stairs.

Spent the next hour crawling towards the coast, hoping for a Z or player to kill me.

Finally met a player asked him to kill me, but got knocked unconscious and had to crawl another 30 mins until a Z killed me.

Next day been heading to NWAF, but seen no-one no matter what server or how full.

Got an auto-shotgun & ammo....let's see how this goes.

Just a tip, when unconscious you can respawn by pressing Escape and Respawn, it will auto kill your character.

Also, you can always crawl up the stairs and drop down from the floor above. this will eventually kill you.

TLDR. i cannot into short stories.

Had a pretty decent run. Got a spawn north from berezino & a crossbow. Failed killing the two guys who wanted to crack my head open, but the server restart saved my ass. I continued my journey towards pavlovo/zeleno/myshkino, back south and than towards cherno/kopyto. Exploring, minding my own bussiness. On the way from Cherno to Zeleno I Almost get knocked out by bambi, who i saved from the train of zombies. Bastard ran in my face the second i pulled out bandages, but luckily i had a motorbike helmet in my inventory, which i equipped just before applying the bandage. he managed to ruin my helmet before i unloaded way too many bullets for a single person. blood was pouring all over the place. i was satisfied yet kind of dissapointed since i wanted to help him big time, like giving him at least half of my stuff.

After the incident i decided i want to live a peacefull life and swam on skalisty island.

Suprisingly i didnt loose any of my gear nor items ( last time i attempted doing this i lost everything)

after living my 1pp character on skalisty island for the last few hrs I began dying from dehydration.i used to collect rain in my bottles but i had no luck with bad weather.

My sporter was running low on ammo aswell - each time i logged on my 1pp, i aggroed every zombie on the island.On top of that, it seems there are some server hopping Robinson Skalisty Crusoes. Time to go back, in harsh reality known as chernaus. I swam across and went for the nearest swamp to drink. i scan the area and fill my canteen. for some reason i decided to craft improvised backpack and dropped my drybag.

I proceed to drink the water from the pond.

I hear a guy running. F%$/ 

*cancel action*

*cancel action*

~ "Not Today"

Being unable to cancel the action, the guy falcon punches me unconcious.

"what the hell were you doing here" was his 1st question. 

"well i was feeling optimistic enough to leave the skalisty...how wrong was I"

"sorry but i need your gear to kill some bastards...i wont kill you, have fun"

well, FML :D, first minute inland.

I wake up, all set up in bambi clothes, luckily the guy didnt notice i dropped the dryback in the grass literally 1m away from me.

Anyway i lost my weapons so i felt like travelling some highly populated areas. I went to cherno where i met a random "music guy" 

I press f2 and shake what my momma gave me. We continue roaming the cherno and soon theres 4 of us having a partey.

Unofrtunately some wannabe in charge fully armed player stopped us, demanding we all lay down infront of the police station.

I put up my hands, do my duty;shake that bootie & tell him to dance with us.

At that time his friends come out of bushes wielding AKs, shouting as we are heavily armoured KOSers and start spraying all over us.

I managed to escape in the hospital as they loot my newly met friends bodies :(

i curse at them from the roof, calling them lame. They dont seem to realise where the sound is comming from, since they are looking all over the place for me.

a random ak from about 100 m starts shooting at them.

dropping them dead. one by one.

whoever did it - my hero <3

I wait on a roof. a third party woman with AK approaches the body. ma herro <3. I decide not to approach, but i thank her in chat. I notice another fully camoed guy, just like the guys who tried to kill us, sneaking uppon this ak hero. I ran downstairs with my pickaxe wielded and get behind his back.I punch him right in the back of his face as he's taking the aim for the "hero". He turns around and sprays me to death. I hope that screwed him up and the hero killed him.

I ran back. Some 10 minutes later I meet a scared survivor some 2 blocks away from where we all died. He said he heard all the shooting and wanted to know what's going on... I tell him not to be afraid since they're all dead.

In the middle of conversation he shot me in the head.

Almost positive it was one of the guys who wanted to kill us earlier, wish i had checked his pulse.

Server restart.

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

Just a tip, when unconscious you can respawn by pressing Escape and Respawn, it will auto kill your character.

Doh!  wish I'd known that!

Thanks for the tip!  Mind you I always make sure I have the sticks & rags to make a splint now.

Today (Yesterday now, but the last time I played DayZ) was my first game. Looted some buildings, ran through the forest for multiple hours not knowing where I was going, then looting some more houses and not encountering one zombie or player. Hah.

One guy took a swing at me, bringing fists to a sledgehammer fight. He lost.

One guy brought a bat to my shotgun fight, won and left me bleeding after knocking me out and nicking my backpack full of medical gear.

Then, a totally clean bambi slapped me in the face as I shot at her, knocked me out and left me for the Zeds.... Have fun with that shotgun, I'm coming to get it back :).

Mind you, electro is really friendly if you are a new spawn (immediately ran into some guys who wished me all the best and it's a great place to loot at night. Loads of guns and gear :).

Just another day in days.. :).

K.