shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

got killed in cherno by an armed group of lamers 

Got a berezino spawn, got killed on my way to NEAF

Got that Kamyshovo spawn. I noticed a player with a melee. I stay back and observe him for a while. He notices me and runs off.

I hide behind the bush not knowing what he's up to. I see him move towards police station.

Good, i lower my axe and start stuffing my stomach.ONOMNOMNOMNOM

After my nutrotious meal, i decide to check the buildings on "his" side altho they're probably all looted.

Nope, got me double blaze, mp133, bucks & mosin ammo. I figure he probably went in the woods towards Msta and than Staroye. I was kind of right, i find him in the wooden shed on my way to msta. Since i already got killed a few times i decided to risk it and block his way out. tell him im friendly etc...this time with my gun drawn out.

He seemed really scared, hiding in the corner with his crowbar :D He tells me he just started playing the game and offers me some drink. Alrighty.. i dropped him my axe and tell him to pick it up. He asked me in what direction is the nearest town "to the north" because he heard its "safe" there, i offer him some guidance and let him know he missed tons of shit back in kmyshovo. I take a risk and drop the blaze and ammo & give it to him. It's not like he could shoot me anyway, i had  to guide him how to equip and quickbar the weapon. After i gave him the blaze, a weird thing happend; my shotgun got that "putting on back forever" animation bug untill it dissapeared. for a second i thought i just got punk'd by  hacker or something :D

"Well, my weapon bugged out so this is your perfect chance to kill me."

I dont think he even noticed tbh.

Anyway, we are running towards msta and during that travel he thanks me for helping him, again mentions this is his first time etc etc. He told me how he's learning the game, but he never sees places because he always dies.

Infact, these were his last words, he died on the road to msta. I have no idea what happend. He died 150m away from the first building. He died like 5m before he could see the village :( 5m !!! his last words were literally "i never get to see anything, i always die before i get to see stuff"

I have NO idea what happend. i saw him drinking and eating minutes before he died. he wasnt bleeding or anything. He was running infront of me, stopped & just...died.

If you're reading this, im sorry you didnt get to the village dude. I hope you dont think i killed you. I decided to wait in the local area in case you return.

Searched msta. first building, 150m from your body, met a dude with highlander sword. i ran off shouting "there can be two!!! there can be two!!" (he was wielding it)

server restart

edit: to think of, he probably drank alcohol or something :D

Edited by halp

Had kind of an exciting day myself yesterday- though not THAT ^ exciting...

I'd wanted to head up to the northern airfield... for some reason that just seemed like the place I wanted to go- inland so not on the coast, but an airfield / base environment so I figured anyone I found would be playing for keeps. No idea why I wanted to go there- I wanted to get teched out a little bit with some camo / raingear (I hear that gorka stuff works well and I can confirm I got rained on a ton and never got damp)... some good boots and maybe even a gun. The server I was on was starting to fill up and now that I've learned about this server hopping thing... I figured I might have my work cut out for me as people drop in from wherever they came from.

From my last navigational confirmation I navigated roughly 110 to get to the airbase... but strangely even though I followed that heading almost to the numbers changing direction only to follow the trees where possible I still ended up WAY to the south- I mean... how do you navigate so poorly as to miss a freakin' airbase?! Anyway that was me... I came to a guard tower and realized... holy cow- I've totally pooched this one. Yes, there are towers around the airbase too... but I figured it would have some other prominent landmarks- like, I don't know... a runway?

I'm no master navigator- but I figure I should be better than that. Is there a magnetic declination that we should be factoring in?

So I ran around in there cautiously but really just wanting to get the F out of there given some of the threads I've read and I managed to navigate due North to get to the airbase. I was able to identify it easily since it seems the only lights that remain lit on the ENTIRE map happen to be the landing lights. ??

The server I was on isn't specific whether persistence is on or not but it does say it restarts every 2 hours without notice- and I'm not sure it would matter but please answer me this: If I put my gear down and the server resets, if gear persistence is on it will be there and if it's turned off then I'll lose it?

I put my big gear bag down (black marlin bag) at a specific tree before I started skulking around the base. Specifically because while I was on my way in I saw someone running across from the fire hall over to the ATC- Figured I wouldn't be alone out there. I made sure I knew where I left it and went about my business. Massive anti-climax since I found a bunch of stuff I already had. I steered clear of ATC- but made it into the tent camp... found a few things (like 500 SKS rifles with no ammo) but again thoroughly unremarkable considering the risk. I was going tent to tent carefully when I heard a zed launch nearby. I was looking around for it from cover when it caught my eye darting into the tent NEXT TO THE ONE I WAS IN!

Holy $#%$#. I'm not ready for that encounter so I bolted like a cat dropped in the bathtub. Sat still for a couple minutes to figure out how that was going to go down but ended up being dropped (reset?)... the server wouldn't come back up so I guess I hopped into one of the others I'd been in but this one was in mid-day. Hmmmm, not sure about that but I was in a good position- not too exposed so even if I dropped in mid day I would be okay. Unfortunately I'd moved quite a bit since I started getting the "no message for 12-13-14 seconds" etc and where I popped up WAS INCREDIBLY exposed! I went to ground immediately and listed for a couple minutes. Satisfied, I moved to some other cover- a pile of debris next to a crashed truck. I figured that might be a good place to put a hunter's pack that I found down and go skulk around with a lower profile. I put it down and figured I'd wait another couple minutes before committing to the open when I heard another zed launch from left to right into the tent cluster. Then nothing.

Someone else is DEFINITELY out there. And he knows what he's doing since I never heard a second strike or anything.

#$@%@

I just laid there, one with the pile. This dude SCREAMS past faster than I think a person can run (but I don't think it was a speed hack or anything... think it was just latency or something because he ran by the other direction at normal running speed) one direction and came within about 10 feet of me and my pile. He had a red backpack on of some sort- but he went by fast enough I couldn't see what else. Surprised he didn't see my pack actually since when I put it down it didn't exactly go into the gap beside me... it went right on top of the pile of debris I was laying on. Anyway- he went into 2 more tents and then disappeared into the distance. I stayed still for a few more minutes. When I di di mau  after committing to blazing an area I'll check 6 to make sure I'm not being followed. I had NO intention of following this guy but he might pin his tail on me if he saw me running the other direction with my own between my legs.

I went back to the fire hall through the trees and with caution but still nothing- then checked ATC and it had a couple of little things I liked so I squished them in with the rest of my gear. I figured I'd blend my other bag with the one I just grabbed, have a feast to make some space then head on my way. Except my bag was nowhere to be found... Is that what "Gear persistence off" means? Or maybe it was because I changed servers? That makes sense now that I write that out... duh. 

Headed off again making my way up past the castle (gave it a miss since the loot drop is questionable but I'm reading more about bandits / murderers hanging out there)... Making my way towards that NE section where I've read folks are a little less likely to KoS. I was running on the lean side since I'd lost all my supplies (I ate as much as I could then stowed the rest in the bag I lost... leaving me with nothing.)

Edited by ENO75

You're correct. If server persistance is off, that means the equipment you will drop, will not stay there after the server restart.Nor the server loot/tents.

Unless you have something really valuable in your backpack, i dont think it's worth dropping it @ NWAF because if you die, it is very unlikely you wont get equaly (if not better ) geared on your way back. 

If you dropped it just for the sake of making your profile smaller, thats alright, but id rather drop it in fat bush. (I noticed that sometimes items can bug underneath the trees and you actualy need to cut them down in order to get the item back, so im sticking with bushes) Oh and avoid dropping anything on 1st,2nd or 3rd floor if you're not prepared to possibly loose the item forever.

I mean... how do you navigate so poorly as to miss a freakin' airbase?!

Reminds me of one night when i was a bit tipsy around NWAF. i wanted to leave south towards zeleno&pavlovo. Having my situation awarness at "max" i didnt notice my compass bugged out.

I walked over an hr, passing green mountain just to get on the same exact spot. Twice. yes, Twice lol.  

The next day i discovered the green mountain curse on forums. It all made sense.

Edited by halp

Playing on a private shard, spawned near Elektro, got kitted up in good time. By the time I headed to the fire stations I had an axe, a pocket full of shotgun and magnum ammo. Sadly, no functional gun, only a LongHorn with no ammo. The downtown station was barren, though I did find some badly damaged redpunk boots. Then, as I looted the second station, I heard the doors opening downstairs. I hailed the intruder, he did not answer. I figured he was by the big shelves facing the stairwell, waiting for me to stick my head around the door. So I burst through running, I immediately hear the noise of an SKS firing rapidly, he hits me once so I make a break for it. As I run into the street, he gets me again and I start bleeding. Figuring I can't run far enough to bandage, I decided to risk it, I make a U-turn and come zigzagging at him. He fires his last 5 or so rounds wildly, missing me every time. I get a whack in with the axe, but he nails me with what I think was a Makarov, and I go unconscious. About 30 seconds later, I wake up again, my attacker has fled back into the fire station after stealing my LongHorn, all my ammo, and my god damned rags. And I would have left it at that, were I not bleeding out rapidly. So with no hope but to kill him and take my rags back. Alas for him, he failed to take my axe. I sprinted into the building, raced up the stairs, and behold, as I get to the second floor, he comes down from the top. He has no gun in his hand, so I throw myself at him, yelling profanities as I hack at him with all my might. He runs downstairs, but in his haste, he tries switching weapons while in attack mode. He stops for one second, which was all I needed to cleave his skull. He dies instantly, but right as I open my inventory, the blood loss takes its toll, and I collapse next to him, and die.

I will see you in Hell, you bastard. And I'm bringing my axe with me!

• Like 1

Found a farm house not far from Berezino on the edge of a field. Had recently respawned and was geared with basics: Fireaxe, black drybag, bomber jacket, hunter pants, etc... Anyway, I went inside this house looking for loot when I hear someone sprinting around the back side of the house. I shut the door, pull my axe and wait next to the door. The pair of sprinters run around the side of the house, since they're not coming in I assume they know i'm in there. So I wait 5 minutes and can still hear them walking around so I call out to them in usual friendly greeting. No response. I wait another minute and sprint outside with my axe ready.

It's a motherfucking pig.

So... I spent 5 minutes talking to a pig. That's my day...

Edited by VermillionX
  • Like 3

lol^ 

I had an encounter today with a female character in a blue t-shirt and had a shovel. I don't think my mic was working- so I was trying to direct chat with her. How far does that go anyway? She had no weapons out and neither did I... I saw her before she saw me. I was hovering on my axe- but instead put my hands up to try and get the right first message across. I tried to talk but got no response. I eventually walked away and she followed me into a room- we were in a school. She stood there looking at me... so I typed out "crouch if you can see this" and she crouched. I said "I'm not threat- you can come with me if you want." We kind of walked around a bit but then I think she disconnected or something because she disappeared without a trace. 

Anyway, kind of a non event but as much as to say some folks are just in here hanging out and I'm glad to have met one! 

Was filling water bottle at a water pump and a player ran passed as I was standing up, saw me and shot me down. Didn't kill me though, just tied me up, and bandaged me. When I regained consciousness, my attacker just said "I've taken what I want, I'm taking off.."

He ruined a few items and took my AKM, 2 x 75 round clips and an ak101 30 round clip. He did leave me with his old SKS and magnum.... And the AK101 that I left next to the pump... So could have been worse.

Back up and fully healed... Need to be more careful.

^ A guy has got to drink. 

I sat up on a hill for 5 minutes watching the town I eventually entered to go gain access to the school I was looking at yesterday and someone came in about a minute after I did- sometimes it's just going to happen. I was in a server with no more than 10 people in it and still managed to blunder into someone. I was lucky that it appeared to be someone newer to the game. This wasn't in a major city on the coast either. 

Kudos to the guy who held you up- I mean... it would have been nice if he'd just handcuffed you and left you with your stuff but that's not the game we're playing either. 

I got in for a couple more hours last night and FINALLY found some SKS ammo- but no clip so I'm still running dry. Also had a couple close encounters with some wildlife. I'm nothing if not well fed and watered so I haven't felt a need to kill anything for meat- much less garden... but the thought of tucking away into the trees somewhere to set up camp and just venture out occasionally to grab water (I haven't seen a canteen in 3 days) is appealing. 

One thing I did notice- and I've searched for it on google and here- is the scope function. I have a 2-8x scope that I am able to use without mounting (it won't mount to the sks anyway)... but when I go to use it to scout out an area it won't leave the horizon. I can pan back and forth but I can't move vertically. Is this a common problem that is known or is it something I should report? 

I am able to zoom in, min and max... If I try to "use" it without bringing it up first (using spacebar) then it enters a loop cycle animation where my character brings it up to their eye and then puts it back to their side... over and over again. Anyone else? 

(EDIT again... went into bug tracker and found it on page 4. I've since made an account and upvoted. issue 0020014 if you want to upvote!) 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

Is this a common problem that is known or is it something I should report? 

It's a common same bug we got with binocs. I believe it was already fixed since i got this problem 2 days ago, but yday my long range scope worked perfectly fine.

edit: apperantly the bug still persist, i just got lucky.

Edited by halp

Finally I saw someone!   

Was filling my water bottle when they ran up and started drinking from the well.  I ran back and started to ask if they needed anything, as they has basic starter stuff, but they ran off somewhere.

Not to be left solo again I tried to find this player and also didn't like the idea of finally finding someone who might try and sneak up behind me.

Suddenly this player appears and runs at me with fists up.  I backed off and raised my magnum, but he kept coming so I shot him a few times.  He still didn't back off so I switched to my shotgun and gave him a face full.

'sigh' typical my first player in days and an idiot.  I told him so over his peppered corpse.

Today I came across a petrol station and having seen  them blow up on youtube decided that if I blow it up I might attract some players to interact with....was bored by now.

Stood back and fired my shotgun..........oops I guess I was a tad too close as screen went black instantly and BOOM!   LOL

Re-spawned between Cherno & Electro and starting over.

Edited by Swither

Pretty shitty because after finally getting a well equipped life and meeting up with friends my character has been FUCKING WIPED. I know its Early Access but thats game breaking IMO and the rain never stops on this private server after being fine for first 2 days.

Nice day! I've been running around up and down the coast helping new spawns with water and food. The few agressive ones i shot in the legs and sat beside them clapping while they were crawling around with broken legs, bleeding to death, all while i was telling them how i would cook their meat.

Christmas came early for me! I've been sticking to a particular private hive server, and I'm loving it. Yesterday I decided to hit the NWAF for the first time in months. I found no less than three unicorns there: A chopper crash with an M4 and all the trimmings (ACOG, 60 rnd mag, 30 rnd mag, buttstock, handrail), a military tent, and two friendly tacticool boys. They were roleplaying as UN peacekeepers trapped in Chernarus after their chopper crashed, using the airfield as their base along with about half a dozen other 'soldiers'. They look the part too, matching TTsKO and UN gear, and all of them use western style weapons. I gave one of them the M4 after popping a few zombies, and he gave me an FNX, a rangefinder and an LRS. They told me they were fighting a group of Chernarussian rebels, and were planning an attack on the Veresnik base where the enemy was holed up. What followed was easily the best firefight I was ever in. Seven of us against about ten Chernarussians. We failed to take the base, but we captured three enemies trying to flank us and took them back to our base. They were 'interrogated' and summarily executed inside the fire station. No less than three seconds had passed, we heard a shot outside. One of the Americans guarding the door was killed. As soon as we opened the doors, at least three gunmen opened fire from the ATC tower. Another American went down, we ran back inside. One of us opened the back door, and was immediately killed by a shotgun blast. Two enemies entered and were killed by the remaining four of us. Myself and another disguised ourselves in the enemies' gear, and went back outside. The gambit worked, and the ATC gunmen held their fire. The two allies inside the fire station opened the hangars and began shooting, allowing the two of us outside to use the distraction to shoot all three gunmen. All went down, and we entered the building. One of them was still alive and yelling obscenities in Russian. We told him to surrender and get medical assistance, he told us to go fuck ourselves. My ally tossed a grenade upstairs and killed him, ending the battle. Six Chernarussians and three Americans had died. 

Easily the best time I've had in DayZ so far.

• Like 4

Finally joined up with my spouse's youngest and we've been romping around the NWAF for the last couple hours. Ended up heading south to the military base where a few weird things happened. Not the least of which was walking into the fire station and finding TONS of stuff... then the tents to the north- nothing. Well, barely anything. Bunch of guns and bullets... no mags. Or at least very few. Glitched a few times... couldn't take the helmet I wanted... 

The weirdest thing of all though- was we were running south from the airbase to the military base... got to a town- picked our heading and started running there. Didn't turn... ran straight- and somehow ended up right back where we started. NO idea how that happened since both of us knew we were running in a straight line. 

And no- not claiming this is a bug... as much as to say running around in the dark is very disorientating. Loads of fun playing with someone else- changed the game for me. 

I've started playing a bit on private hives, making a new character every time. Its quite fun. Yesterday was a bit dissapointing though as I managed to gear up a bit quite fast and went into elektro. I was almost immediately attacked by an axe maniac but shot him down with my shotty. I had to go bandage and when i returned he had woken up and was crawling on the ground with broken legs with his axe in his hand. As I was talking to him he managed to shoot me, still holding his axe in his hand. Not cool brah.

SweetBabyJesus (SBJ) and I ended up making our way through the airfield again today looking for some new gear... I've been reading some of the "sure shot in the face" configurations and while we're both trying to stay away from anything TOO aggressive- we are favouring the camo patterns. I like the Gorka stuff since it appears to be water proof- and also seems to match the overall colour palette in the game. If someone stumbles into us we're pretty well equipped but I think the real challenge is going to be to prove to people that we're actually meaning well.

I found a gorka helmet and put a visor I found on it... I wear it when we're in the urban environment but I keep my worn balaclava on when we're out in the woods. It blends in nicely. SBJ found a mosin but he preferred the AKM now that he has a drum on it so I have the mosin camo painted and a fire axe painted green. We spend a lot of time using binocs, surveying towns that we come across- mostly to ensure things are clear before we move in. As we get more comfortable in our skills, I think we'll be looking forward to helping others who are harassed by bandits. I can't wait to have our first hero moment... 

He ended up having to go take the dog for a walk and I snuck back in for a few minutes to go scour some of the tents and save us some time for later. It was night on the server... I scanned there and didn't find much, then headed back towards the fire hall. As I was coming around the corner I noticed another player heading across in front of me- not sure if he saw me. I immediately backed off and headed into the trees and made like a hole in the air. Still not sure if he saw me... nobody hailed me over direct connect or anything but we were well within range of each other.

I'm still not ready to do any really legit pvp and frankly I'm not interested in it... but I also didn't want to get my arse handed to me and have to restart from the beach while SBJ is at the airport. Suddenly I heard a Zed launch and start running towards this guy around the corner. I stayed still... and some him run across my LOS with the zed in chase. He then turned towards my general area and ran through the trees towards me. He ran by me a couple times about 30 feet away. I stayed still- He just kept running- I thought I saw he had a long-gun in his hand but wasn't using it... I figured if he didn't shake or kill the zed- or needed help with it I would help him... but I moved over to where I thought I'd be able to see him and he wasn't there... I didn't see him again. Come to think of it I'm not sure where the Zed ended up either.

I noticed our compass gives reverse readings all the time and that's been causing some confusion. Not sure what the condition needs to be for it to actually give proper directions but I've tried it on a couple different compasses and it still seems to read in reverse. Anyone have any ideas? Do they only work when pristine? 

REVENGE! - Was the order of the day today. First I spawned in Svet and looted there for a while. I noticed another player running around but carefully avoided him. After finding some ammo for my SKS I thought I should brave it. I went into a building and found some stuff then when I got downstairs he was waiting for me. Shot me twice with shotgun breaking my legs but nothing more. I tried drawing my rifle but this game....He shot me dead with a pistol. I respawned ways off and almost right away the server crashed so I played with another character on the 3pp public instead.

This time I was decently geared with mosin and 1911 so i braved going into Elektro. I checked the area beforehand and couldnt see any players so I went in there. While checking out the teddybears I was shot by a mosin. I woke up a minute later and ran for it but got shot again and died. I could tell the shooter was somewhere around the town square.

I respawned in cherno so I ran for elektro. As I got there my body was gone but I saw a guy wearing what looked like my outfit. I ran for the factory firestation adn got to the roof, laying there and scoping the place out with a well placed longhorn I found on the roof. I saw the guy wearing my outfit leaving and then I noticed this:

2eq6yad.jpgBeing quite certain that the guy on the hospital roof was the one killing me since he took a shot at the guy leaving with my gear I slowly made my way there. I climbed the ladder to the roof quietly and found the guy sitting there, scoping out the square for baby newspawns to murder. This was the end result and it made me feel quite good about myself:

2qn1rol.jpg

Edited by Killawife

SBJ and I found our way north of the NWAF into a town somewhere between Toploniki and Zaprudnoe where we found a festive tree...

vg0kn9.jpg

This is SBJ spreading some holiday cheer. I was busy drinking all the Rasputin Kvass I could find to ring in the boxing day crunch. As we made our way East we noticed the server was starting to stack up and we started getting a bit edgy. We were trying to keep landmarks in view and stay on course but we ended up getting turned around twice... Very frustrating but we pushed on. We walked the high voltage lines east and followed them- but then we got really turned around somehow when our compasses flipped 180 without us really being aware of it. 

We had a bit of an unfortunate wrong turn as a result and ended up at what I think was the northern edge of the map. We were following some of the high tension power lines and apparently took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. We were running east as far as we could tell (at night) and entered a completely empty field. It didn't feel right so we logged out and agreed to revisit it during the day today. This is what we saw:

nwg0w9.jpg

Almost certain that was the northern perimeter, getting back to civilization was easy: 180 degree turn and run! Thing is both of us were on the thirsty side... but we managed to get our way to a medium sized town. Problem was that this was the sign on the outskirts of town:

9hj0xw.jpg

We're pretty sure this was Svergino... but the map I was using (dayzdb) didn't have it translated. We had NO idea where we'd run off the rails- so we weren't sure how far east we were. To be honest I thought we were much further east- like almost to the water... We later found the dam and the power station- which helped us confirm our location. We filled our water bottles but got soaked and cold (so we figured we'd head into some cover and start a fire to warm up. Was tough to tell if it was working since it never really said I was starting to warm up. We gave up on that and decided to run around instead- which worked very quickly. 

SBJ dispatched a zed with his engraved 1911- but almost shot me in the process since the zed launch caught us by surprise. Was a bit of an intense moment! SBJ had to go have a bath afterwards! 

We're currently picking our way through Novo carefully. Though it doesn't sound like it's pvp central- I know we look pretty heavy so we're in "avoidance" mode to prevent people from feeling threatened by us.

Just got ambushed by the two worst DayZ players ive ever seen, best part is i survived, killed them and got it all on video... going to post it soon you will rofl when you see it. I Think one of the guys shot his friend when he was gunning for me lol.

Well now I know what everyone is complaining about re: being wiped. I got my character wiped but SBJ was still in location. We spent half an hour running towards each other to meet up and now I have to go and restock everything. Not fun at all...

SBJ did encounter someone though- the other player had a zombie chasing him and SBJ took it out. He made contact with the other player but the other player wasn't talking. They ended up going their separate ways.

Anyway, here we go again!

Just ran into a couple of guys in Berezino... the transaction actually went pretty well. A lot less stressful since I was practically a plebe in there- purple backpack and a splitting ax and that's about it. Brown knitted jacket or whatever it is... 

The conversation was good- I caught a flash of the guy's backpack as I wandered around the hospital... Told him I was there and quite harmless and he apologized for not entirely trusting me and kept his gun on me. He told me he had a friend in the hospital as well- and I asked him to please tell his friend I was in there and quite content to go about my business. They were good- Then SBJ got all excited that I was interacting so he wanted to come in. I went to grab him at the construction site to the west a bit and the other guys went their own way. 

We ended up in a supermarket and I could see a dead player with a zombie on top of him... so I killed the zombie and tried to take some stuff out of his pack but couldn't. I figured maybe he was just unconscious so I tried to talk to him but go nothing. Then the server either reset or crashed... 

Still annoyed at the whole character wipe- but in some respects I'm enjoying the game more now that I'm not so afraid of interacting for fear of losing everything I worked so hard to collect!

Well, ran into a couple of jagoffs down south- actually followed them trying to hail them on the direct contact voice comms but didn't get anything back from them. Finally caught the guy in the open and basically said "No threat- I got nothing, just letting you know I'm here. I have a shotgun but not ammo..." And this IDIOT then starts me down the whole mugger road- "Come on this way!" he says in his disgusting accent. I knew right away I was done for. Then I got hit by a bullet. No big deal- spawned too far south for my liking anyway... but seriously?

Maybe I'm the moron... 

No. 

This is a learning experience... 

And I'm learning.

And what I've learned is that the next person to say "come over here" to me is going to get an axe in the face.

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 2

Me and the boys hopped on an RP server. Me, Bob Hopper, and Colonel. Had a real bad string of luck. Kept running into the same group of assholes. First time was in Berezino. He was a freshie and kept chasing us yelling "Berezino Police" and punching us. We eventually killed him. It's a lot harder than you'd think to kill someone who's just running around you and you don't have a weapon. Well, we kill him and move onto Svet. Asshole was there too. I slapped my axe in his back and he jolted off. We moved on to Novo.

We get held up by a group of four. They were pretty decked out. Lead guy sounds super familiar. We only had a crossbow and a double barrel between the 3 of us. Main guy does the aim-up-gun-and-lower trick and pretends to be an accident. Pops Bob then for some reason, they all run off. Server resets during the chase. I log in and get wrecked by a hail of SKS, Colonel gets bit in the ass but lives long enough only to get killed by zombies.

I was ready to give up but persevered. Well, we meet up in Kamishovo after a bit. Colonel gets an Elektro spawn. I ran into an Orange Coat fellow looking for a Red Helmet girl. Couldn't help him so he thanked me and left. Then Bob meets up with me and we hear a fucking load of fire being exchanged by the rocks. He sees the Orange Coat guy, on a hunch I tell him that's the guy I seen and he's alright. The presumably good guys win and we put our hands up, walking toward the winners. We exchange jokes, you'd have to be there for it to be funny. Orange leaves and we all move into Elektro.

Once there, we get a little geared, not much, and meet a couple decent guys. AJ and Hunter. AJ all of a sudden gets dropped and we all jumped into the mini mart, the one with the busted garage door and red doors. We didn't know what it was, then Hunter types in chat he's lagging. We're all hidden behind some shelves. Then a player types "IM NOT" in response. His name was Ghibfest. Next thing I see is a round smack the garage door and some cunt starts leaning around, real slow like. Decked out, Mosin, milsurp gear. (I was using the TPP cheat, I know, dick move) He was blaring the "Purdge" announcement over his mic. As soon as he reaches the corner of the door, I assume I'm out of his peripheral vision, jolt to the door, swing it open and smack him in the temple with a sledge hammer. Hit him twice then he jolts. Next thing I know, we have a train of people chasing after him. Screaming hilarity at him. Just barely dressed men chasing a geared guy across Elektro with hammers and axes. He'd turn around, take a shot, get smacked, and jolt off again. We kept chase until he passed out from blood loss. I could be wrong but I swear he said "Good shit" with his last breath.

Then after picking our loot, we move back in to check on Hunter. Bob heads off and finds him dead. Me and Colonel run into a a guy. Wearing AJ's old shit and a shotgun on his back. I checked his name because he wasn't talking. Ghibfest. I slam my new Fireaxe in mouth and kill him. Looted him and moved on. Found AJ again, had some laughs. Eventually found Hunter and his new buddies. We all left together to hunt, then the server shat out.

Best time in DayZ I've had in a long time. This disgusting wall of text does it no justice.

• Like 1

I encountered a hacker who shot me 40 times and missed. but I died in the end, he walked through walls and floats like a little pussy ass motherfucker.

• Like 2