shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

That wasn't you, was it Sacha? ;)

I neither confirm nor deny these allegations.

• Like 1

put the raw cow meat into the fire.  It quickly became ruined -- I thought we didn't need a pot if we upgraded the fire?  

I really want to team up with krazypenguin.  I love your stories!

Thanks for your kind words.  I tried to hook up with Eno a while back since I would love to play with you guys (another others who post here) but the reailty is that the time difference combined with my own work & home life schedule makes it very, very difficult. Also, I tend to get called away regularly which means I keep having to log off and random times.  Oh yeah, and the ping is astronomical!  I connected to a server Eno suggested once and my ping was running at around 160 - that's pretty bad!

With regard to the cooking, you still need a cooking pot (or frying pan - more on that in a bit) when using the 8 stone oven - you just don't need a cooking tripod as well.  Since the tripod uses 3 inventory slots and a stack of 8 stones only uses 1 it is way better to use the oven, I think.  

Some notes about cooking in 0.54.  The cooking pot now only holds 4 pieces of meat (used to be 8) but on the plus side, the frying pan now holds 4 as well (used to be 3).  Also, other than steaks, the only food that you can put into the cooking pot now appears to be the pepper.  I tried all cans and all other fruit and vegetables and nothing else would go in there.

I tried for 3 hours to find a cooking pot or frying pan so I could do some tests last night.  In that time I found 3 Magnums (I took them all for the lols), a P1, 2 Derringers, and enough rifles to start a medium sized war, but nothing to cook with.  Finally, as I was about to give up, I found a frying pan.  And then I realised that I needed to find an animal to cook and a little alarm bell in my head went off.  Animals aren't that rare but in the 3 hours of searching for a cooking pot I hadn't seen a single one - and I had covered a LOT of ground where I would expect to see them.  Ok, no problem, I know for sure that there will be some around Polana, Shakhovka or Berezino and luck is with me as I find a nice blue truck.  

Good news for truck drivers in 0.54 - they are now way quicker, certainly to accelerate and uphill, even from a standing start - I didn't need to use the turbo boost once.  Actually, i have to admit I was worried about using the truck at all since I had read some horror stories about them since the patch but my drive went quickly and smoothly.  Within minutes I was at Gorka and suddenly saw 4 cows in a field, 2 close by and 2 in the distance.  Easy pickings!  I pulled up near, but not too near, to the animals, killed the engine and jumped out.  And then all hell broke lose.  Both of the nearby cows went nuts, running away at about a hundred miles an hour, jinking all the over the place.  And they did not stop.  WTF?  Ok, where are the other 2...oh, they are legging it too.  With a sinking feeling I started to realise why I hadn't seen any animals this session - it looks like the new animal behaviour patterns have made animals super sensitive to players - they will spook at incredibly long distance, I mean seriously, seriously long range - so long that most of the time they run before they are even drawn on my screen.  Feck.  I ran after one and every time I got within line of sight at any range, it just spooked and ran and ran.  

Finally, I lost line of sight to it, crept around where I thought it would be in a slight loop and, remaining crouched, I approached from behind a bush.  Aha! Cow spotted, range 150 metres!  The ground sloped away so I needed to stand to shoot it and as soon as I did it ran away again.  Sigh.  I tried again and again but just couldn't get even remotely close to it.  Finally I lost patience, and just blasted away at it from about 300 metres using 10 rounds from a non-scoped SKS (half of my precious SKS ammo, all of which missed) and 18 rounds from a Magnum.  1 of the Magnum rounds hit which spooked the cow again (that, at least, is realistic) and it ran off again for another mile.  I started chasing it and halfway across a field the server restarted.  I gave up and went to bed.  Cooking will have to wait.

The devs need to work on animal behaviour, at least for cows that would be domesticated and used to humans.  Players should be able to get quite close to them without spooking them, at least until they fired a weapon.

Hoping the change to the frying pan (3 meat slots to 4) means it will actualy work now - will test it this weekend, assuming I can actually find an animal to cook!

No, it said receiving or something like that. Maybe connection lost? Really rare to me get connection lost in any games. 

That means that the DayZ server you were on restarted or went down.  Most servers stay up for anything from 2-4 hours between resets.  A good server will tell you in the bottom left corner of the screen that it is about to restart.  Wait 5-10 minutes then rejoin.  Always note the server IP and port you play on to make sure you reconnect tot the same one as different servers can have different characters on them.

That wasn't you, was it Sacha? ;)

I neither confirm nor deny these allegations.

lol 

EDIT - Oooh, something new (I think?) for server admins in 0.54 - on one of the servers I was on last night the admins were posting messages in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. i don't speak enough of their language to know what they were actually saying but they were definitely having a text conversation.  Then, just before a restart, I heard a voice in English say that the server would restart in 10 minutes, then the message repeated in German and then was repeated as types messages in the corner of the screen.  So it looks like admins can now broadcast a voice message to all players on their server?!

Edited by krazypenguin
  • Like 2

Good dayz

Played on the grumpy old gamers private server again. Started off in the north east corner soon found a longhorn and a magnum and some ammo for both, decided to loop round inland then head down to electro and kill anyone I came across..

I sniped one guy through a window of a house from long distance with the long horn, he had nice mosin with a pu scope and some ammo, then I came across 2 guys having a gun fight in a car park one of the guys killed the other then I took him out with my trusty longhorn. It's wired as one of the guys had a dry bag full of apples!!

Approaching elekro from the north I could hear shotgun reports in the distance :)

I swung round to the east of the town using the high ground, there was a guy running around hacking zomibes... I just chilled on the hill for a bit waiting for a nicely geared player to pass by that could kill and plunder. After fighting off a bunch of really glitch zeds I was kneanling in a bush and.... Whack your dead! Must of been a lucky shot as I was wearing a biker helmet and had full health etc... Hope my silent killer enjoys my gear ;)

Edited by HarryPotter

This dayZ was cool, saw four V3s 3 of which i drove the last one was crashed over a tiny fence... Also found two heli crash sites, not often i've seen this much vehicle activity on one server  

Been quiet the last few days- haven't been around much as I sit back and watch this .54 patch shake itself out. Also my home base server has dropped off the radar so it's time to look for a new home. I'm thinking Musty since the guys I have played with can see it and I think we all have reasonable pings. 

Glad to see everyone is still hard at it! 

Logged in in Cherno. Ran around, spent some time looting. There was no sign of any people. No zombie corpses, no human corpses, no gunfire. After a while I was pretty confident I was the only person in Cherno. But as I was making my way out of the city towards Elektro, as I was hitting a zombie in the head with my sledgehammer, I heard a voice say, "Put your hands up and drop all your gear or you will die, I have an AKM." I turned around and saw a guy in a ghillie suit approaching me with his gun drawn. He said "Drop your gear now so my friend can check it." Another guy then came out from behind a fence and approached me. I figured that since there was two of them, both armed, it wasn't the best time to go Rambo on them. I put my sledgehammer on my back, put my hands up, and dropped my backback, my weapons, and all my clothes. Then my game crashed on me, which was super annoying because it's a rare experience to be robbed rather than shot in the head by a sniper. I logged back in, but the guys were gone. They had taken most of the items out of my backpack, but there was still some gear left. They left my weapons, but took all my ammo. I picked up my gear, but then I heard them talking. I figured that was a good time to haul my sorry butt out of Cherno. I stopped at a pond to drink some water, then I kept going. Eventually I made it to Elektro. I looted for a while, then logged out for the day.

just started playing..found a rifle, pickaxe, machete, backpack canteen but no food!!!!! 

The zombie can be killed with a pickaxe..

today i continued my second attempt to visit prison island. the last time i played the bugged compass sent me to the northern edge of the map. so i have a bit of a walk ahead of me.. i followed the coast for a good while looting some buildings along the way hoping to find a mosin because i had a lot more ammo for it thn i had for my repeater. when i came up on the beached shipwreck i went inland a bit and took a break, made fire and ate some of the food that was littering my backpack. i felt confident enough to travel to komarov without using the map from there, i threw the compass in a pond and set off.

i wandered out of a big forrest that i didn't remember being there when i finally reached the coast near the island. i took some time to scope the place out, everything seamed clear. i had come across some repeaters, handguns (no mags) and the new trumpet (which i unfortunatly couldn't try out because i found no .22 ammo nearby), but no mosin so if i got into trouble the old repeater was all i could rely on. i started swimming, and i remember thinking how it's weird that none of what i saw looked like the pictures of prison island that i have seen on the forums. but i disregarded my thoughts and soon arrived at the beach. knowing that this is a major hotspot of player activity i was very carefull making my way up the slopes and then..

ruins?.. "i feel like i've been here before"..  a quick look at the map confirmed that i was on skalisty island. my navigational skills have failed me once again

• Like 2

Pretty good session..

I spawned in on the beach a few miles east of Elekro and decided to head there to see what sort of trouble I could find. I got there, starving, thirsty and cold. The town was barren just a few tomatoes and a green pepper to be had. I did find a repeater in one of the cars outside the police station but no ammo. Looting the buildings along the road I came across a guy....... "Friendly?" I ask.... "yeah yeah dont kill me" came the reply... we parted ways and I wished him a safe journey.

Que server restart....

So I'm now in a great position of being in a big town just after a fresh restart!! As soon as I get on I make a bee line straight to the police station... heart in my mouth with trail of zeds on my heals. Im not stopping for anything as I KNOW anyone else in town will probably be thinking the same thing. I get to the police station.. all doors closed. Good sign. So I'm inside and head straight up the stairs to the main locker room... I find some ammo for the repeater but only a speed loader so I have just 2 bullets..... then... I hear a door open downstairs.

I can hear Zeds and the sound of a fight and I creep to the top of the stairs. Who ever came in brought that train of Zeds with him and he is fighting them off..... I hear him bandage and know this is my time. I creep down and round the corner nice and quiet and see the guy.... Its the same guy I saw before, the nice one in the street.... but now things are different.... now there is an un-looted Elekro outside.... He knows what's going to happen and begs for his life as I unload both barrels of the repeater into his body. I feel bad... but life in here is hard.

I continue looting finding a nice supply of food and a medical kit. Then as I'm heading out of the main square I see the silhouette of a man on top of the roof of the main building in the square... just for split second, but I definitely saw it! I duck round a corner behind a wall for cover and peered out.... Bang.... my screen is grey and my feet are sore. Shit I'm in trouble. I Turn tail and get out of there using the buildings for cover.

I'm not letting him get away with it!!

I search a few buildings while flanking round to the north of his position and find 20 rounds for the repeater, now we're in business!

So I'm now directly behind where the guy shot me from but hes not there, or at least I cant see him so I go to the high ground to the East to get a better view. Running up the hill and finding cover in a bush I can see the roof top is empty and my foe is gone.... But then I see movement at the fire station off to my right hand side... there is a guy climbing the ladder to the roof... same coloured clothes as the guy from before?? I think so but its far off so I cant be certain..... I level my trusty repeater just an inch high over his head, take a breath and fire... 1... 2... shots and he falls down ladder dead. I shaking now with adrenaline and sprint over to inspect my kill. I use the ladder outside and climb onto the roof and inspect his body........ nice. A pristine ghillie mosin with a LRS!! BANG a gunshot goes off right beside me.. but I'm not hit.. Its a fucking miracle I think to myself. I can see the guy, he is inside the tower. We are separated by by the wall but I see him crouched in the corner. I steady my nerves stand up and unload 2 rounds into him and he falls to the ground...  but he is still breathing..... 2 more shots and he is gone...

I get the hell out of town.. too much death for one day.

Edited by HarryPotter
  • Like 2

I putzed around near Balota for a bit today, looting random houses before heading north.  I took a spiffy screenshot of the view of prison island..

9CiujDg.jpg

I then decided to head inland to see what I could stir up.  So now that I had all of the items I need to cook properly, I decided to go hunting.  A couple opportunities passed of elk running in the distance but with them going at mach 90, I decided to just head in that direction at my own pace.  I made my way into an unknown town and scared this bugger (see pic below) into getting stuck perfectly in the fence.  Instead of shooting him, I was able to stab him with my knife to take him down.  See the image below:

7c9TImw.jpg

With that done,  I cooked the meat in my pristine pot and decided to head NE.  The compass was incorrect again (I don't know why I am a surprised), and I ended up NW somehow.  I recognized some towns and made my way east only to get lost again.  I ran into two survivors along the way, one which aimed his weapon at me (in which I turned and ran and told him I would leave him alone -- he didn't fire).  The other survivor and I exchanged some words before he gave me some directions, which led me to Dubrovka.  From there I was able to find the coast and make my way to Berezino. I camped out there for a bit and decided to log until a friend came online.  Overall, nothing crazy happened.  It's nice having these days..

Edited by schwaBAM
  • Like 2

I putzed around near Balota for a bit today, looting random houses before heading north.  I took a spiffy screenshot of the view of prison island..

9CiujDg.jpg

I then decided to head inland to see what I could stir up.  So now that I had all of the items I need to cook properly, I decided to go hunting.  A couple opportunities passed of elk running in the distance but with them going at mach 90, I decided to just head in that direction at my own pace.  I made my way into an unknown town and scared this bugger (see pic below) into getting stuck perfectly in the fence.  Instead of shooting him, I was able to stab him with my knife to take him down.  See the image below:

7c9TImw.jpg

With that done,  I cooked the meat in my pristine pot and decided to head NE.  The compass was incorrect again (I don't know why I am a surprised), and I ended up NW somehow.  I recognized some towns and made my way east only to get lost again.  I ran into two survivors along the way, one which aimed his weapon at me (in which I turned and ran and told him I would leave him alone -- he didn't fire).  The other survivor and I exchanged some words before he gave me some directions, which led me to Dubrovka.  From there I was able to find the coast and make my way to Berezino. I camped out there for a bit and decided to log until a friend came online.  Overall, nothing crazy happened.  It's nice having these days..

ya thanks for the stuffs man...it was another good find after I logon later around 12.30am. I found a Mosin not too far from where we left last time...also, found a lot foods, so no more starvation! ....Now i need to find the ammo. On top of that I found the M44 Compensor for the Mosin as well prior me find that Mosin

• Like 1

well.. i just broke my personal record in gearing up.

i managed to get my friend on to help me find some boars and make myself a leather backpack and a pouch..

We obviously never found one. What we did find in first 5 minutes of playing was a "well" hidden player stash.

Thank you for the steur aug, ak101, magazines, full protectors cases&ammo boxes. I also took the liberty of taking those 30 burlap strips you had :3

Pretty sure the stuff was dupped so i dont regret robbing you.

P.S I'll be back, soon :3

Edited by halp

went from skalisty island to prison island last night :) not sure how i even got those 2 mixed up as they look radically different from the coast..

i followed the coastline and went straight past kamy trough the woods since i didn't really need anything. i've had a bit too much travelling trough forests in the past few days so i decided to go straight through elektro and cherno to make things a bit more exciting. i made it to a log cabin about 100m from the police station in the north of town and was looking down the street for signs of trouble when i spotted a guy in green sneaking around on the roof of the police station, as i was observing i heard shots nearby and the guy in green immediately retreated inside, i assume he was the one being shot at.. after 5 minutes of silence i continued,  i crossed an intersection with a small obstacle (not sure what it was) standing in the middle of it when i saw someone coming from behind the corner,  i crouched behind the object but he was running right for me. i had to do something.. so i jumped up and aimed my repeater at him. it was the guy in green.. he only had a fireaxe on his back. i told him to stop and he did, he was obviously a bit shaken, i think he didn't know i was there until i pushed a gun in his face. i assured him i didn't wat to shoot him and he warned me about a guy nearby, i told him i heard the shots. we were now sitting in the middle of the intersection awkwardly looking around waiting to get shot so we greeted and parted ways. cool guy. it seems like every friendly person i meet in dayz is german, germans are awesome.

i made it safely to west elektro and was passing behind the buildings northwest of the firestation when i heard more shooting, a mosin i think. it sounded very close this time, probably someone held up in the buildings nearby taking shots at whoever went near the fire station. i carefully searched the row of buildings hoping to swap my repeater for said mosin but there was no-one to be found. when i was going through the last building more shots were fired, a .22 this time. i decided it was time to move on, i legged it to cherno zig-zagging the first part of the way. suprisingly cherno seemed deserted. made it through without incidents. at this time the server started acting weird, shortly after it went offline an didn't came back.

i joined a low-pop server (7 players) to avoid getting gunned down while swimming to the island. it was nighttime here and took the opportunity to loot balota airfield where i switched the repeater for an sks with pu-scope. i remembered i had a flare gun wasting space in my improvised backpack since svetlo. 2 seconds later literally the entire town of balota and part of the airfield was filled with a strong red glow. amazing. still, i couldn't shake the feeling that someone must have seen that so i ran a bit further down the coast and started swimming in the cover of darkness. the prison was a bit of a creepy experience at night.. when i got there i made sure i was alone before starting to loot. still, having to open all these creeking doors made me increasingly paranoid. this did not improve when i found a ruined backpack with some ammo and food in it. anyways, the amount of loot in that place is just.. wow. multiple mp-5's, ak74's ak74-u's, drum mags, heaps of attachements and much more. i only made it through 2 buildings before the server crashed and called it a day

Edited by Belphegor
  • Like 1

Had my first .54 in game experience this morning after work. Things were very quiet so I was able to run around unmolested. A couple things I noticed in my relatively short in game period was that animals are on crack. Running around in circles at mach speed- cows... pigs... by the time I see them they are already tweaking and on a road to nowhere fast. 

I also saw a bit of a performance downgrade on my gaming laptop system... a few people have mentioned it elsewhere. I didn't have any crashes but was only on for about an hour to put some miles on and get some hardware for future efforts to protect and escort / assist freshies and other non combatant survivors. I think we're looking towards the Musty server to settle in- so if you can see it and you've read stories in here that make you think you'd like to get onboard with a similar initiative together then please drop me a PM and we'll connect with other members through Steam.

I don't see a lot of videos that are less than a year old that show larger groups (3-6) doing good instead of evil... Let's make some.  

• Like 1

We decided it's time to die on a certain private server that is no longer persistant, so we headed pavlovo-zeleno-veresnik. We dont really enjoy being one of those KOS agressor guys, so we head to locations where trouble should be guaranteed. Pavlovo and zelene were stripped to the ground.

At veresnik we quickly searched the hill, prison & the barracks and head towards vybor/NWEAF.

Right after we left the walls i spotted a player, not more than 300m away coming from vybor.

He spotted me and dropped himself on the ground.

Now this costed him a life; As he hit the ground, his body sunk. I was 100% he's got a ghillie suit on and will snipe us both.

My arm swing didnt calm down as ive seen him looking in our direction. I dont want to risk putting my head over the small rocky fence cover.He was pretty fu*ked, he had no cover and was lying on the middle of a field, but i couldnt take the shot nor disarm him uppon spotting and now, we all caught on breath. He was too far to establish any kind of communication. I spray my AKM in general direction, hoping the hail of bullets will scare him off.

I knew i cant hit him, but my friend can. Im all for the supressing/drawing fire. He stands up and tries to make a run for it when my friend lands a shot on him.

Sad part: he had no ghillie and only a double blaze. I would never shoot the guy if he turn for 180 and ran off, but hitting the ground and pointing his barrel at my general direction, combined with my low settings that gave me an illusion of a gillie suit, that unfortunate guy had it comming. I assume he was quite new to the game and got the vybor spawn; lots of useless loot in his drybag and running straight across the field for the mil base should only confirm this. Nevertheless, im somewhat glad i wasnt the one shooting him in the back and i hope he learned something.

What would you do? How would you disarm a guy in the open field without any confirmation on his gear?

We headed towards NWEAF. Restart. Heli site! M65Jacket! We move towards the tent base at the end of the airfield. I hear sks gunshots. It was a double tap. Pretty sure someone just shot a zombie, we were monitoring the area for quite some time. Time to set a patient bear trap. I see the guy looting the tents in columns. I position myself at the last tent he will enter, so i could rush&surprise him from behind. I Was thinking of disarming him, taking his sks ammo and letting him go. Problem was he would always have his sks drawn out. He was two tents away from me when he suddenly starts aiming down his sights in my general direction. He looked so sure something is here, i assumed a part of me must've glitched thru the tent. I changed position to get the upper hand again and flank him.I see him enter the tent and soon after i hear the eating sound.He doesnt know im here ! I don't wait for my friend but rush right in.

F***!!!!! He's not here and i know he's close enough that he heard my elephant footsteps. I run like a chicken thru another two more  tents but fail to spot him. God damn, this isnt happening D:, i need to calm the situation down. I back 5m away behind the BMP wreck, knowing im very well covered with excelent view on the tents.

My friend is seconds away as i make an eye contact with the guy. I tell him to drop the gun and he will come out alive.

Than shit happend... My friend crashed right there and moonwalked right between us whilst we were aiming at each other.. he didnt fire, i didnt fire, it was just a huge WTF momment as he was ghosting thru objects aswell lol. I started running along with my friends disconected character and try to protect him as the guy in the tent ran off. I waited for my friend to reconect. In that time zombies at the baze respawned and i suddenly see a horde of 5 running towards my friends connecting character.

pewpewpew. I heard another pew, An sks pew. He's still here so we start searching for him. Guy hid himself in another tent.

He had no intention to communicate, he was lying on the floor shooting on sight. I really had no fun in killing him, was rather dissapointed he did that.

I completely forgot i had grenades from heli sites, i could learn him a valuable lesson.

We also saw two boars. Or should i say, they saw us.

Edited by halp

Found an AK74 in a car in Cherno.Kinda surprising. Then while sitting on a balcony looking over the airfield I see something in the corner of my eye and hey, its a tent! Pretty useless though since the server is non-persistant and private :/

Found & drove my first V3S.

Got over-excited.

Got lost.

Died.

I love this game.

while waiting for my friend to start in on the fun of dayz. i've been scavenging a few things in a stash for him for when he arrives. (nothing great so even if he arrives after server reset on wednesday it's no big deal). but while out today looking for a mosin for him i came across an Izh43, used the hacksaw i had on me (for just such an occasion) so now i have my sks and another primary to carry on me that only uses up 4 slots in my bag. ate a can of sardines and a kvass and hopefully it'll stop raining when i return lol

So, after the pretty epic last outing where I killed 2 fully geared guys and stole their stuff I wanted to go over to the southern air strip to see what was going down. I got there without incidednt skirting round cherno to the north and taking up a good spot overlooking the airfield from slope behind in the trees. I waited here for a while and saw a few guys running around and heard a few m4 shots. Then server restarted and it's raining.. Not good. I'm out in the open in just a police jacket and canvas pants. I'm soaked through in no time at all. I need to find shelter and make a fire and quick but there is a problem... No matches. I curse myself for being under prepared! Idiot! I'm gonna have to take a risk. I brake cover and sprint over an open field heading for the next town along the coast to the west. As I go I chop done kindling and a few logs, now just need matches. I hit the first house.. Nothing... The second house nothing! I pick up dry clothes but I'm still shaking and very cold... Not far off hypothermic. I search lots of houses and finally the police station. Bingo. Matches! I retreat over the road to a house and go to the top floor shutting all the doors. Fire lit. Warm flames breath life into cold bones, safe for now. But not for long. I'm a sitting duck here and it's not long before someone sees the glow of my fire and payed me a visit. One guy laying down fire through the windows while another storms up the stairs and fills me full of mp5 ammo. I'm dead, it's my own fault. If I'd packed a rain coat I would still be alive.....

Edited by HarryPotter
  • Like 1

I am really getting annoyed with the people who play this game. I don't care about dying and losing gear since I'm never fully geared and can gear up in a couple of hours. But it annoys me that I start to talk to people, help them even and then they attack me, or just kill me. Today it happened four times. Twice I had to kill people who i had just helped just to survive and the other two times I just got shot for no reason after killing zeds attacking the murderers.

Then just now I started talking to someone, he then produced some human steaks and raised his gun, telling me to drop my gear. I didn't, tried to get my gun but ofcourse the game fucked it up and I died. At least that one was kinda funny.

• Like 1

I am really getting annoyed with the people who play this game.

Join a group or Private Hive server with role playing groups, it will change your life !

Joined the Musty server yesterday. Because of the time difference it was quite quiet, only around 8 people on. My intention was to make my way to Chez Eno's, then hunker down with the view to possibly meeting up with some of you guys in the future. My ping was never less than 100 (whilst on the server screen) but once into the game the connection felt absolutely fine and the action menus were all very responsive.

Found myself just East of Cherno so I made my way along the coast. There was a small industrial area just inland nearby me so I swung over to try and find a melee weapon. Instead I found an infected. No problem, I'll just keep evading it whilst I check the buildings and sheds looking for something to hit it with. Ran over to a nearby workshop and found another infected. Sigh, it's going to be one of those DayZ... I kept sprinting in and out of the buildings, never stopping, just running into one door and out another or simply running a tight circle inside if there was only one door, scanning the floor for something and then running out again. I managed to pick up another infected, then a fourth and finally a fifth. All I needed now was the Benny Hill theme tune..

Instead I got a voice saying "need any help?" I said " I'm fine thank you, I'm just going to keep running until I find something to kill these fellas with, but feel free to help yourself if you want!" and the howling screams of the infected duly stopped one by one as my rescuer laid into them with his axe. I thanked him for his help, he said I was welcome and I think he got close enough to check my pulse before we both continued on our way. Not bad for a first encounter on a new server!

I continued up the coast, finding the odd thing here and there to keep me going - a jacket for warmth, a bottle of water for hydration to make me stuffed, a potato to stop my hunger make me stuffed, and a Longhorn to defend myself with lose when I had to log off then reconnect 5 minutes later. ;-)

I made it up to Elektro without incident and started looting the buildings on the Western outskirts of the town. I had just found a Repeater, for which I already had some ammo, when I heard gunshots. I couldn't locate them and I'm poor at recognising weapon sounds but I think it was a Sporter and a shotgun of some sort. I briefly considered trying to locate the people responsible before deciding that this really wasn't my fight so I ran back out to the West, then North and looped all the way around the top of the hill that lies to the North West of the city. As I made my way down the hill I could see the fire station next to the power plant. I know it's a major PVP area, which really isn't my thing, but for some reason I just couldn't stop myself from turning slightly towards it and I found myself running straight at those huge red doors. It was like someone or something else was controlling me and compelling me to go into the fire station. I didn't stop, I didn't check for other survivors and I didn't even scan the room as I entered it - a tiny part of my brain was trying to scream that this was not me driving my body, that this was not how I behaved but I had no control over my actions. I just ran through a set of open doors, immediately turned left and ran straight up to the shelves under the stairs. There lay a pristine fireaxe that I now realised I knew would be there. I picked it up, tested the weight of it, then slung it on my back. Suddenly the spell was broken. What the f*&k was I doing here? I sprinted out of the doors, jinking and weaving all the time and burned my way up the road leading North away from Elektro as fast as I could. Well that was...weird.

There then followed a prolonged jog up the road as I made my way to Polana via Staroye and Shakhovka, attempting to achieve a bright green energized and hydrated status without blowing my own stomach up. I did it once, briefly, by being very careful and only eating and drinking a little at a time, whilst sprinting to burn off any stuffed effect, but eventually settled on dark green for both. I managed to swap out the Repeater for a Mosin with LRS (so maybe I can acutally hunt some animals again now!) and also kitted myself out with a cooking pot and tripod though the best box of matches I could find only had 6 matches in it. Still, beats the time I found that box with 1 match in it...

Since the server was picking up now I left Polana heading due East, so that I would pass to the South of Berezino in order to try and avoid getting killed now that my destination was in sight. I broke cover on the coast road, a little to the North of Nizhnoye, turned left and sprinted towards Chez Eno. i found the well by the house which is where I think it is, but the house closest to the well didn't look very defensible to me so I moved to the next house up, went upstairs and logged off. Mission accomplished!

This is the bit where I find out that Eno hasn't set up Chez Eno on this server, is in fact over on the West side of the map, and I just spent the best part of 4 hours achieving nothing. lol

Edited by krazypenguin
  • Like 4

A couple of funny things happened today. I spawned near Solnichy and there were lots of bambis in the town, one decent guy and a few that only tried to kill everyone so I ran inland instead. I got all the way to Topka and saw a guy killing a zed then run away. As I got to the zed I noticed a V3s flatbed standing by the side of the road. I don't know if the guy left it or if he missed it but the tank was almost full so i took it and drove to NW airfield. To my surprise nobody fired upon me but I managed to flip it over near the ATC so I ran into the fire station. As I got up a few stirs I heard someoen opening one of the doors downstairs so i climbed the tower. As I lay on top of the tower I see at least three more people come running from different directions. As I didn't have any ammo for my guns I logged out.

I respawned on the WOBO server where I got killed y-day by the steak guy. I got the same spawn near Berez so I went south along the road. Almost right away A v3s comes speeding and the guy stops to pick me up. I ride along for a while then hop out when he stops. I make my way to Cherno without incident except for some food issues near Tulga,(that plce must be cursed). i ate some blue berries and got sick so I had to carry a fuel canister with water and drink it til I puked a few times. Finally I find some charcoal tabs and fix it. In cherno its quiet, no gunshots and I dont see any signs of people being there. I go to climb one of the industrial towers and i swear I cant hear a thing, then when I get to the very top, BOOM! A guy is standing there with a shotgun waiting.

I guess I'm a newspawn tomorrow too :/

Had a bit of a misfire night last night- in a couple of different ways. Went to try to get on Musty but it was 50/50 for so long DaveB and I finally headed into a public server with decent performance that we'd been in. We went around Ber looking for burlap sacs and he found one but I didn't find any. Server pop was a bit stagnant and we hadn't seen anyone for about half an hour. The server crashed / reset so we took a chance and tried loading into Musty- managed to for about 2 minutes before it crashed.

Plan B brought us back to our original public server and though we started out slow things started to pick up as we moved through a Berezino that was fresh with new Zombies. Dave wanted a vest so we went about finding some cows to shoot. And as a note to Devs- whether they actually read these or not- holy cow (pardon the pun.) As soon as they get sight of you (even if they're only a few pixels in size) they start maneuvering at full gallop. Need to dial that back a bit. Eventually shot one after a little zed drama- then after another reset / crash we found another. EVENTUALLY we crafted a vest for him (which I'm hoping they give us an opportunity to paint sooner than later.) HOWEVER... Somewhere in the middle of killing the cow and making a vest out of it, my friend Dave consumed "Cow Steak" straight out of the cow. Talk about rare blue rare!

"My steak didn't come out raw."

"It doesn't say raw anymore... just says cow steak."

"Uh oh- because I ate some. Says I have a strange taste in my mouth."

"5417."

We raced back to Chez Eno to try and keep him sustained and hydrated as he plummeted through the different stages of food poisoning. Got him some stuff to drink... he ate... Asked about throwing up but I was under the impression that wouldn't work. He stuffed a pumpkin in his face... got over stuffed and promptly threw up.

"It doesn't say sick anymore- but I'm still nauseous. Want to go to the hospital? I can't see colours."

"Let's check the clinic first- it's closer... then we'll go to the hospital."

"Okay." We headed over to the clinic sans drama- "I'm starting to feel unsteady," I think was his next stage. I stood by outside for a few minutes as he looked around but after not hearing from him for a couple minutes I went inside. A quick look around inside and I see him type there was nothing in there that we could use. I come running around the corner towards the entrance and bump into him at the EXACT time he unloads a technicolour yawn all over my lap. I mean it was just dead on balls... steak and peaches turned my Gorkas into a bib. I'd have been invisible on a backdrop of puke. "You are slowly warming up."

Gross.

We ran towards the hospital without further delay and encountered a number of zombies along the way. Good sign- meaning we were the first through. However, as we got closer to the hospital we realized the server pop was way up from where it had been before. Time to exercise a bit of caution- but not too much. Searched the hospital... found some antibiotics- not sure if that was going to work but we tried. Looking for a saline / IV starter kit... No joy in the hospital. Scanning the area around the hospital we split up to make the search a little more efficient.

"I'll take this side and you take that side."

Building to building- nothing remarkable but I eventually lost site of Dave.

"Where are you?"

"Plaza with the tank."

"Rgr."

I come out to the open space behind the hospital with the tank and see Dave standing right where he said he was and I approach to talk to him and figure out a path forward.

The shotgun blast took us by surprise and if I know Berezino that was exactly the intention. Neither of us got hit but we both ducked for cover. I had no idea where it had come from but was relieved to hear the shotgun as opposed to an M4 or something with an equally rapid rate of fire and a range greater than 10 feet. How do you duck out of sight when you don't know where the shot came from? We did our best. I headed through a breezeway to the east and came back up around another side of the plaza and caught movement in the corner of my screen as I settled in. A character was running in the opposite direction with what I could only assume was a shotgun. I did a quick double check the guy didn't have a yellow backpack (that Dave had)- took aim with my repeater from a crouched position... made easier by the fact that he was almost running straight away from me-

And pulled the trigger.

I've pulled on other people before- one was ZH (by accident) and the other turned out to be Hatz (by accident). This was different. We'd been shot at for no reason other than the fact that we were a pair of guys in Berezino (and often that's reason enough, I know.) I had the last laugh when I saw a little red splash as my cherry burst all over this guy's back-

I kept my eye on the building and Dave came over to back me up. He was going to try and flank but there were so many places to hide or exit (2 story one with the restaurant / bar downstairs- curtained exit) I didn't want to risk splitting up with him since he was still seeing all grey. We stuck together and gradually worked our way around. We heard a few more shots but no snaps... we never did see the guy again.

We did, however, find a saline bag and IV starter kit in a first aid bag in the area and I was able to get Dave healing again to face another DayZ.

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 3

Died yesterday, on the 03/03, decided to go raiding around midnight as that is when the server I mainly play on reset. Success! All green with a M65 jacket and green hi cap vest. Decide to continue searching, meet a friendly at one crash site who offers me a SMERSH Vest and backpack, happily accept, trek over to GM and down to Zeleno, die due to me falling off the watch tower sitting near the forest line, after standing up.

Respawn

Make my way to Novo, and take the line up to NWAF, gear up, Mp5K, FNX, firefighter outfit, make my way over to NWAF, loot, get some food, ammo and mags, and a AK, and mags for that. Raid inbetween NWAF - Triangle Base - Zeleno. Hop off for a few hours, get back in, raid Zeleno - Triangle - NWAF, and backwards, after another server restart. Having encountered numerous of crash sites, I have now a fully decked out M4, FNX, Mp5 and AKS-74U, along with a tan M65, tan pants, gasmask, tan boots and black gloves. Decided to hightail it from Zeleno to NWAF. Stop by Vybor, get hit by a zed, fall unconcious 5 times by said zed, manage to kill it, bandage. Looking around for food and liquid inside Vybor, while I am reading up on forum posts and waiting for my blood to regen, a zombie hits me once and I die.

I am done.

Edited by Santa fox
  • Like 2