shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Hopper smashing can be a fun escape from the boredom of .58 or it can be the basement of monotony. After seeing 1 hopper in 3-4 days the group (DaveB, Schwab and I) decided to take our attentions to Berezino on a full pop server to see if we remember how to use our weapons. 

I took up my traditional overwatch role on the northern end of Berezino- essentially concentrating north of the fire station. DaveB and Schwab moved closer to the city's edge and into a house to do some gear adjustments. Contact was made almost immediately as they came out of the house and moved to the east. About a minute later bam was hit but the other guy was dead. 

"Fresh coming up behind you-" I said from range. Bam and Dave basically ignored him and went back to the house to heal. 

"What was he saying?" Dave asked Bam about the fresh.

"Something about 'you should have role played more before you shot him' or some other nonsense. I'm not role playing on a full pop in zino with a guy pointing a gun on me." 

Bam had a few things to say about desync given that he'd practical stuffed his AKM into the dead guy's aorta and pulled the trigger and still didn't kill him. The other guy was able to get shots on him before finally being taken down. Bam and Dave stayed in the house to try and get Bam back into working order again... meanwhile a second group of 2 guys approached from the west.

"Guys are coming in- 1 armed and 1 fresh. They're at the door... It's opened- weapon is drawn." I saw a shotgun blast (and heard it over TS3 since -someone- had his speakers turned up too high *cough cough*) so I put my game face on and opened fire with unknown results. I'm quite certain it served to distract if nothing else- but not enough. The guy ran in the door... Bam said he shot him but the guy got the upper hand somehow and killed him instead. Dave, meanwhile, shot the guy and was disconnected from TS3 and the game... we had no idea what happened to him at the time.

I watched from a distance- there were two more shot gun blasts but I wasn't sure at who... figured maybe at Dave. We weren't sure. Bam spawned back right outside of Berezino so he made his way back as I watched the house. The armed guy came out and I shot him in the middle of the street... the fresh guy was just running around aimlessly- not sure what that relationship was but I left him alone.

A BUNCH of stuff happened all at once in that sector- Bam got back and got some of his gear back... got chased around by a couple guys for a bit... killed a guy who had his AK and got it back... Some dude was sniping from one of those metal towers you see at the airfield- I took a few shots at him but with limited effect so Dave and Bam cleaned him out.

Then the most frustrating thing of this game happened:

As I was tucked away in my corner I heard footsteps. I knew I'd fired quite a few shots and should have moved so I'd been keeping a close eye on my surroundings. I darted out of cover, drew a different weapon and put on my gorka helmet / visor and prepared for some close quarters glitch battle. Winchester wasn't going to do me any good at this range- I knew that from experience. Started with my FNX then transitioned to shottie. I moved around the house and saw a fresh moving around nearby. I swear I bump into this same kid on every server- it's exactly the same voice. I ran into him once before a long time ago in Kamy... wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl... Whatever it was was fucking annoying. Ran into the same one again at Niznoye (sp?) and it accused me of shooting it but I hadn't killed anyone in ages... it just followed me around like herpes and wouldn't go away. Eventually I just ignored it and it killed me with a crowbar. 

"Oh look- a big man... why'd ya shoot at me in town bro?" I didn't say anything... it was just this feminine boy voice and this fresh character running back and forth... "Why'd ya shoot me bro?" So at one point he stands there still enough I switched to shottie and put one in his chest from 10 feet away. Of course this doesn't do anything... makes him bleed a little but now he starts running around in that spastic fashion essentially characteristic of DayZ close quarters cattle. I shoot again, miss... switch to FNX... Get one round in and miss a bunch of others as this guy just swarms around me punching me. 

"Sounds stupid guys, but I might need some help." 

"On our way." 

Granted this little fucktard was good and clearly knew what he was doing. He just danced around and taunted me the whole time. He didn't care if he got killed and knew it was going to be hard for me to hit him with anything. FNX puts one out of 15 into him... not sure where all I know is I heard the hit and the reaction. He keeps running... Axe comes out (after I hit the button 40 fucking times) and I swing that around like a drunken newborn and don't hit anything. Alright- back to basics. Pull out my combat knife but it doesn't have the stab animation I was expecting and still has a swing... Maybe a hit or two. (mental note- if I'm carrying the weapon I need to practice with it). 

Bam was laughing at me at this point explaining it looked like I was in a boxing match. I headed over towards him and he shot the guy over my shoulder. 

I wanted so, so badly to just break his legs and strip off his clothes and leave him there... Cut off his head and... (nevermind- sorry... that's another story). But when Bam shoots someone he doesn't exactly shoot to wound.

We knew we were incredibly exposed at that point so it was time to di di mau.  We did head over to the south end but after 30 minutes it was evident that even on a full pop there just wasn't much going on there. 

Tonight, I think we dine in Elektro...

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 4

I died today while standing on a walkway in a metal barn with a loaded 1911 waiting for a guy with an axe to eaither leave or come upstairs. Instead he just hits into thin air with his axe and I die. I got so angry I did what i normally never do, suicide to get a cherno spawn and ask him how the hell he did it. I gave up after two Svets and three Berezino spawns and went with the svet one.

• Like 1

We had a shitty night too... I'm alive but DaveB and Bam are dead. 

I was working overwatch in the southern end of Berezino again- just west of the police station area. I noticed someone just appeared on the roof of the large brick industrial building with a long rifle so I called out to them. Figured he spawned in there between scans. The guy was facing SSW so we agreed the guys could safely climb up and hit him from behind. If the guy turned I could fire or bam could just stay on the ladder until he looked the other way again. 

The guy crouched for a second, then sat down... and I thought he might be logging. Bam and Dave were still on the ground and I was about to call them off when the guy went prone again and kept moving around. About 30 seconds passed as we hammered out a plan and I kept my eyes on at about 600m. I didn't have a fantastic shot but definitely knew the range well enough to get close if I had to distract him briefly. 

JUST before we put things in motion the guy just disappeared from my sight... He just evaporated in stark contrast from the law of conservation of mass and energy where "something" can not become "nothing."

Almost immediately after the guy disappeared... maybe about 5 seconds later gunfire erupted and both DaveB and Bam were dead. Dave thought it sounded like the guy shot at them through the building. Perhaps the game did not offend the law of mass / energy after all. He hadn't become nothing- he just moved.

I'd have never, ever believed that was possible if I hadn't seen Dave spawn inside the building during a reset in .57... he could see out the walls (they were invisible) but could not walk through them. I'm not sure if you can shoot through them or not? 

I'm extremely hesitant to call glitch abuse or "haxor!" because that's the common goto when people get owned by someone who was just playing it better than they were- but I have to admit the kills were extremely suspicious given the circumstances. 

I might post this story over in the .58 discussion because I'm not sure if others have witnessed something similar and it's an actual bug... so forgive me if it looks like I'm spamming this all over the place- because I am ;)

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

Apparently if you spawn inside a building you can shoot out if you stick your gun barrel through the wall. There are people glitching into the walls in certain buildings and sittign inside waiting. Strangely, this glitch has been around for ages, it has been fixed adn the glitching little kiddies have found new ways to do it. I guess they just don't like the idea of fair play.

Ive acccidentally spawned inside of buildings on several occasions. Usually it happens when you log out on an upper floor and you kind fall through the floor to the room below. Once I spawned below Triple yellow in cherno, down on the ground and could see the people crawling around up top and inside the walkway.

• Like 1

Over the weekend, I:

1. Caught cholera from pond water, even though I was fully healthy

2. Got over cholera, while stashing my M4 and high end loot in a barrel on an official server in case I died.

3. Woke up yesterday to find the server had disappeared. Despaired. Threw cat out of window.

4. Grew a pair, got back on the DayZ horse

5. Found another M4.

Sheesh.

• Like 3

Over the weekend, I:

1. Caught cholera from pond water, even though I was fully healthy

2. Got over cholera, while stashing my M4 and high end loot in a barrel on an official server in case I died.

3. Woke up yesterday to find the server had disappeared. Despaired. Threw cat out of window.

4. Grew a pair, got back on the DayZ horse

5. Found another M4.

Sheesh.

what happened to the cat?

• Like 2

what happened to the cat?

There was a series of terrible noises and then silence.

edit: anyway, I don't care, I have an M4 again.

Edited by Mookie
  • Like 4

I'm positive it was you guys(Eno and clan) who shot me just north of Berezino a month or so ago. I was fully kitted, and decided to go see what is happening in Svetlo with the fresh spawns after reading one of Eno's posts.

As I was jogging through that wooded area just north of Berezino (right by that little bench overlooking town) when I heard a faint voice.

Now not having a microphone I know this spells trouble! But it was faint so I jogged on but looked around. Then I noticed a guy approaching from my right side and he says "stop hands up !". I stopped and turned and he shot me!

I heard him say afterwards "I had to! He just would not listen! He was not listening." 

It sounded like the guy was sad he had to shoot me! 

I wanted to meet this player and tell him gg!!

So I got a lucky spawn at Solnichniya and started running to back to Berezino. By Nizhnoye I draw the attention of a sniper and had to zig zag, hide and crawl to get away. In southern Berezino another freshie started to harass me when I was looking for water. He kept on punching me and asking me why I don't run away? wtf? I had nothing on me but he kept going. So I spot a z(it was awhile ago) and ran to the z with dude following me. I circled the z and finally dude got in a fistfight with the z and left me alone.

All this wasted a lot of time. When I got to the scene of the crime, my body was gone/hidden and my killers were gone.

Oh well started looting my way inland to find a Winchester. Never made it to Svetlo.

• Like 1

I'm positive it was you guys(Eno and clan) who shot me just north of Berezino a month or so ago. 

Don't think that's us pcs... we've had a few rumbles in north berezino but they're generally in town. One time we did get into an exchange in those woods was very memorable to me but we never killed anyone in that occasion. One of the other guys might remember so I may be wrong but I'm not sure it was us who killed ya. If you had a gun drawn at the time... there's a good chance you were rolling the dice. If your weapon was on your shoulder, I can almost guaranty it wasn't us.  

• Like 2

I'm positive it was you guys(Eno and clan) who shot me just north of Berezino a month or so ago. I was fully kitted, and decided to go see what is happening in Svetlo with the fresh spawns after reading one of Eno's posts.

As I was jogging through that wooded area just north of Berezino (right by that little bench overlooking town) when I heard a faint voice.

Now not having a microphone I know this spells trouble! But it was faint so I jogged on but looked around. Then I noticed a guy approaching from my right side and he says "stop hands up !". I stopped and turned and he shot me!

This doesn't sound like us.  We typically only engage when we are fired upon.  The only exception is at the NWAF (I don't trust anyone there, but we have had a few moments there where we have not engaged and had some nice talks with people).  I record all of our events and this one does not stand out at all.. unless it was a time when I was not present, which is possible, but we usually only go to the cities when we have a full group.

• Like 2

I had a pretty fun night last night.  I decided to play on my 1pp character on a public server (alone since my buddies were gone).  I spawned in Cherno and immediately found pristine green scrubs, pants, and a matching doctor cap.  I thought, why not play a medical role for a change?  

"I plan to help people!" I said to myself.  

So I quickly tore random clothes I found into two stacks of 6 and crafted some rope.  I then used a burlap sac and sticks to combine with the rope, to make a backpack.  I found 2 saline bags with the iv kit in them, found some more rags and bandages, some extra canteens, vitamins (lol), and an epi pen.  There were only 6 other players on (highest pop that I could find that was a public server).  I ran from Cherno and headed towards Elektro right down the middle of the road hoping to spot someone.  I got to the two houses just west of the gas station that is just outside of Elektro (west side) when I heard a voice call out to me.  

Him: "Hey man! I almost died! Can you.. uh.. nevermind I found some water."

I noticed the guy had a clown mask on, but was relatively low geared (had a taloon backpack on with a crossbow and no gun that I could see on his shoulder).

Me: "Hey bud, you need anything?"

I step over the fence to get closer (I have a 1911 holstered in my gun holster across my chest, but no ammo or clip).

Me: "Do you mind if I get in on this? I need to fill my canteens."

Him: "Sure man! Go for it.. hey uh.. my screen is all grey.. does it come back?"

Me: "Your screen is grey?  I've got a saline bag that I can use on ya."

I strut over, since I look like a doctor, it was perfect timing.  I was excited to help and so I ready my saline bag..

Me: "Hold still, this will bring your color back."

I insert the saline bag and complete the process.  I then force feed him some vitamins for fun, lol.

Me: "Is your color back?"

Him: "Yeah man!  Thanks!"  

*pause*

Him: "Have you looted the military base yet?"

Me: "No, I just came from Cherno."

Him: "Okay, feel free to come along if you want, otherwise have a good night."

Me: "No thanks, I'm about to head out.  Have a good night!"

We part ways as I look over my shoulder..

I learned that his name was "My computer bitch".  I wouldn't have thought he would be the one who would be friendly.  In my head I pictured him being the squeaker who chases me relentlessly, but that's why I love this game.  I'm always surprised by the interaction I have in this game.  It's always so drastically different from person to person.  I have to admit, I felt pretty good to help someone looking like a doctor, lol.  It was totally perfect timing.

Edited by schwaBAM
  • Like 2

This doesn't sound like us. 

It was a long shot, but good to know that there are more friendly players out there. And yes Eno I always run with a pistol  of some sort drawn on a full server.

• Like 1

It was a long shot, but good to know that there are more friendly players out there. And yes Eno I always run with a pistol  of some sort drawn on a full server.

What I liked about the association is that we've obviously made it clear that we're not fans of killing folks... But we will. I have to admit in a similar scenario if you'd turned on us with a gun in your hand you may have caught a few but the chances are quite a bit lower than with a long. We've all been stung by "that guy" so trigger fingers get a bit itchy... but the guys work hard to give everyone a fighting chance. 

Funny though- the way you describe the encounter sounds like one we had recently at the NWAF... Bam was literally apologizing to the guy EXACTLY how you described it- Dave wouldn't have said anything, he'd have just shot you (he's usually in stealth mode) and Cold has been romping around ARMA3... 

And I know for a fact it wasn't me because your story didn't involve some moron shooting at you and missing... and you knocking him out in a fist fight as he shot at you point blank with a scoped Winchester. 

Yeah- times are tough on me in DayZ. 

• Like 2

Had a fun past couple days. After getting very well geared i wander into cherno and start policing the area. making sure there's no banditry and helping the fresh spawns. Ended up hunting a guy who was gunning down fresh spawns. He got away unfortunately but i seemed to have run him out of town. The player who told me about him found his friends and set off to find him. I hear a shotgun shot so i run to the police station to investigate. no one there. but i do here a player voice saying he saw me kill the fresh spawn that was lying on the ground outside. After some explaining and hearing more shots, the guy comes inside. turns out he only had a cleaver so pretty ballsy of him to go to an armed player. after hearing nothing we split ways. I come back later and the shotgun killer is locked inside and takes some poorly aimed shots at me. after trting to bait him to the windows or the doors for a clear shot i managed to get the perfect angle and put 2 akm rounds through his head. justice is served.

I am later killed on a different server by a group of 4 people who didn't say anything. I'd love to have some form of conversation with my killer(s) but that has yet to happen. no hands up ever. however when they put me on the ground a came out of unconsciousness and killed one of them so i got a little bit of revenge.

• Like 2

I logged into a full WOBO server and found myself at the NWAF(no idea how I got there). I went into the new barracks at the domed hut and shortly after a guy runs in. I sit by the doors so he doesnt see me so I train my gun on him. As he turns around I say " dont shoot" expecting him to shoot. To my great surprise he doesnt. We talk and traverse the airfield together. Unfortunately we meet no other players so we go to kabaninho and log out. Surprisinlgy I am still alive when I log in later. So there ARE good people out there. Huh.

Edited by Killawife
  • Like 1

I logged into a full WOBO server and found myself at the NWAF(no idea how I got there). I went into the new barracks at the domed hut and shortly after a guy runs in. I sit by the doors so he doesnt see me so I train my gun on him. As he turns around I say " dont shoot" expecting him to shoot. To my great surprise he doesnt. We talk and traverse the airfield together. Unfortunately we meet no other players so we go to kabaninho and log out. Surprisinlgy I am still alive when I log in later. So there ARE good people out there. Huh.

People usually kill to keep safe, but a lot of people are friendly, especially if you play on servers with good community (wobo, ukaefd and others)

Played on WOBO's server today, almost got on the airfield, but died in a town walking down the stairs inside a police station.

dayzed.

• Like 1

I had a crazy adventure in a full pop 1pp server.  Lately, I've been dressing up in scrubs and getting a ton of medical gear to try and help people.  I ran from Novo, to Berezino, all the way down the coast to Elektro.  Each town I went in, I shot a flare off (it was night time) to signal someone.  I saw no one the entire time.  I even ran with a lantern on in my hands.  When I got to Elektro I saw some human bones near the police station as well as a lit hand flare a block up the street, but no one responded to my calls.

I then headed to Cherno and when I got there I had no contact at first, but I eventually ran into a freshie that I ran up to and gave some food and water.  He then followed me back to Elektro (we found some basic supplies for him along with a lantern that we kept clicking on and off the entire way to signal for people).  When we arrived on the western edge of Elektro I got shot in the chest by a single shot rifle (did not sound like a mosin or sks).  I ducked behind a red house (with the staircase on the outside of the house) and as we ran inside the freshie got shot as well.  I only had a cr75 with a mag and some extra rounds.  I patched myself up (ALL of my medical supplies were ruined except for 2 rags that I had split).  I used the one rag on myself and used the other on the freshie.  As I was patching ourselves up I was yelling at the shooter to leave as we had nothing of any good.  I then told the freshie to sit tight as I rushed outside and sprinted around trying to draw fire and kill the guy.  The shooter must have left because no one shot at me and I did not see him.

I ran back to get the freshie and we headed further into town where we eventually ran into 5-6 other guys (mostly freshies).  One freshie kept asking a mid-level geared guy to see in his backpack.  The guy complied for some reason and the freshie took it and ran.  We chased him down and I eventually cut him off and dropped him, but not before ruining the backpack.  We did have some salvageable stuff inside.

We kept hearing shots all around the city and eventually met a guy with an mp5 who was friendly.  The guy he killed came back to loot his corpse as 5 freshies (and I) were standing over it.  I told the guy "that looks an awful lot like you".  He must have gotten spooked so he yelled out "gimme my stuff back!" and proceeded to punch whomever he could.  One guy dropped him with a pistol.

Shortly after I ran into a pub in town (we started to split up) and I went upstairs to loot.  I heard a door shut behind me (creepy) and I heard someone coming up the stairs.  I ran into the far bedroom and watched the hallway from behind the bed with my pistol drawn.  A guy peeked around the corner and shot me, but did not kill me.  I yelled out to him to not shoot as I only had a few items.  He didn't respond.  I moved to the right side of the door way and waited a moment.  I eventually peeked out to see him peeking back. I heard a shot and then my screen went black.

Poop.

Edited by schwaBAM
  • Like 2

Were you playing in the first person server of the dayz underground community, schwaBAM? I did see someone with your name last night when I was playing as well. Maybe we could group up if you want.

So for the last few days, I camped around somewhere near Svetlo, I think it was Olsha or probably near it. I found a guy at Olsha, talked to him for a bit, and he went. He had no gear, but had good clothes. Next day, as I was going to Krasnostav, I found another guy on the way. I saw him with a gun in a house, I said I'm friendly. He said, are you friendly? I said yes, I am. He got out of the house, we talked for a minute, then he logged. So far I've met 2 guys on the dayz undergound community server. 

Ha1hlVj.jpg

Made a fireplace at Olsha to see if any one would come and interact with me. No one came, though.

E4Be8Wi.jpg

This was a night at Krasnostav, I think.

hehQm3x.jpg

Went to Severograd, looked around to see if there was anyone. Sadly, I didn't find any one. That's half good and half bad, what if I met a bandit?

KbkX5Kz.jpg

Made my way to a little town. I was checking the cars, until I found this. Dayum!

8Vi6Yja.jpg

Lastly, this.

My days have been going good, I also found a winchester m70 that I swapped with my blaze later on.

Edited by thEchicagoBoy
  • Like 2

Were you playing in the first person server of the dayz underground community, schwaBAM? I did see someone with your name last night when I was playing as well. Maybe we could group up if you want.

Yup!  I would love to.  My time is limited (wife and small child) and I have a group that I roll with in 3pp (Eno, DaveB, and ColdAtrophy from the forums).  Whenever they aren't on, I normally get on a 1pp server.

My steam name is the same as my forum name.  Feel free to add me.

• Like 2

First person server: Dayz underground

Well, then. Here I am checking some towns out.

7KkCq22.jpg

After that, I made my way to kamensk, where I checked my map, and walked down the road to go to stary yar. Suddenly, I saw something down the road, I zoomed and it was a guy aiming at me. I didn't take out my weapon, I tried to interact with him, told him I was friendly but he kept aiming and shot me dead. I don't regret my decision of not taking out my weapon.

• Like 1

I had a fun time a couple nights ago. i popped onto a full server and started investigating cherno to do some policing. while up in the firestation i hear a player swearing and trying to kill 2 other players with a pickaxe. I aim my mosin to him and wait for a good shot. the first shot lands solidly but didn't kill him. he starts bleeding from the chest and tries running to the statue nearby. a shot to his leg stops that plan. all the while the player he was trying to kill was saying things like "oh you've been shot?" and "oh your legs broken?" one final round and the would be killer dies. the other player thanks me as i go down to tell him to take it easy and probably leave town.

Shortly thereafter there's 9 or 10 freshies, most of which try to knock me out. i gun down 1, then 2, then 3, and finally a fourth with my mp5k before I run off as it wasn't worth the hassle. I see the player and i helped and his friend behind him. I accidentally shot his friend (thought he was being chased) and i once again kill the guy that tried to kill him. apparently one of the freshies starts fending off the others with a cr75 he found. This time i simply start to leave town. upon running through the industrial section a guy axes me in the arm but i keep running. Another player appears (a freshie from before) and shoots me in the leg with a mosin. i fire and roll and they hid and try to team up. one runs up from my side with an axe saying he just wants to splint me (which in dayz is almost the same as calling someone stupid) the other guy as predicted is running from the other side with an axe as well. I gun one down and start shooting the other but run out of ammo before he drops. I had used almost all of my ammo and the shots and the axe likely ruined most of my gear. I say i won that battle.

• Like 2

Logged in yesterday at what I thought was a pretty obscure and hidden spot in the far west. Problem is, someone else thought so too. So I logged in to the sound of truck; a very loud sound, about twenty metres away.

Bearing in mind login lag, rather than engaging, I jammed the W key and fled down the hill and towards the woods. He (they?) came after me and pretty soon I was dodging through the trees trying lose line of sight so I could get away. After about ten minutes of this, I managed to do so.

Thinking back, given that he was by now a good 150m or so away from me, and that I had an ACOG'd M4, the tactical advantage was with me and I should have gone prone and opened up on him. If he'd kept coming at me in the truck, he would have been in big trouble (and I had trees to dodge into). If he'd stopped and got out to return fire he'd probably also not have been in a great position.

But I guess no one got hurt...

• Like 2

Logged in yesterday at what I thought was a pretty obscure and hidden spot in the far west. Problem is, someone else thought so too. So I logged in to the sound of truck; a very loud sound, about twenty metres away.

I logged into a server having forgotten i was in the captains hut in nw airfield. I stepped outside to a guy with a cr75. he started shooting and i started to shoot at him with my newly obtained ak101. I died and i hope he did too.. Just my luck. Another time in basically the same situation a guy with an aug panic shot me (dude was doing half circles) and i shot at him with my aug funny enough. I'm failry certain we both died.

Fortunately those were a while back. The only recent combat news i have was being in cherno as per usual and kept hearing shots but could never actually see anyone. I tok a single shot to the chest by what i'm sure was an ak of some sort and I ran off. A freshie was trying to hit me and due to dsync hit me once. I try to gun him down but I have trouble as i can't see well from the damage so i duck inside a hospital. the frshie had followed me (took the ladder but i heard him the entire time) and gunned him down. I go in third person and i notice my ballistic helmet and a few other clothing items went from damaged or worn to pristine. My jacket however was badly damaged. After consideration I thought the server or the unkown shooters were (was) sketchty and called it a night.

• Like 1

I got tricked :( I got to cherno with a relatively new character and someone shot at me with a handgun so I ran. Having only a bow theres not a lot I could do but I checked for the culprit. As I'm sneaking around a guy appears holding a shotgun. As he seemed quite newly spawned i didnt expect much trouble but stayed away anyway til he whispered to me, telling em to come over, theres a guy etc.I move closer and he talks really faint so I have to move closer and BLAM! dead. Then the taunting.  I got so mad I made a new character and ran all the way from Svet but when I got to Cherno it was empty.

Edited by Killawife
  • Like 4

I got tricked :( I got to cherno with a relatively new character and someone shot at me with a handgun so I ran. Having only a bow theres not a lot I could do but I checked for the culprit. As I'm sneaking around a guy appears holding a shotgun. As he seemed quite newly spawned i didnt expect much trouble but stayed away anyway til he whispered to me, telling em to come over, theres a guy etc.I move closer and he talks really faint so I have to move closer and BLAM! dead. Then the taunting.  I got so mad I made a new character and ran all the way from Svet but when I got to Cherno it was empty.

Thems the bricks unfortunately. At least he didn't say "i'm friendly" and then shoot you once you've come out. He added some actual trickery to it. he never said he was friendly he whispered so you'd have to move closer. Personally i try to only kill players that are threats or blatantly do not listen to my commands as they could be a threat. a fresh spawn i'll ignore unless he starts punching. Sorry about you getting tricked. if you need someone to run with sometime i'm free.