shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

My infections got better by themselves, I'm not sick anymore. Just struggling to find a wild boar pelt, burlap sack, etc. Am near NWAF.

I'm thankful the rain isn't as extreme as yesterday any more. Basically whenever it stopped to rain yesterday, I would run for 30 seconds just to have the next patch of bad weather hit. Today, was much better. Here is how my day went:

2015-08-15_00001_zpsfafobi1y.jpg

I was in the forest south of Mogilevka. I went to check Mogi, hoping to find some deer, but of course didn't get lucky. So I took Basher's advice and headed up to Green Mountain, where I found no deer either, but a russian helicrash with Gorka jackets and pants and a tortilla backpack. I stashed my hunting backpack near the crashsite but out of sight, hoping to pick it up later. I felt much relieved to trade my yellow raincoat for a Gorka jacket. It started raining lightly a few minutes later. I went to check the base at Green Mountain, but nothing at all spawned there. So I continued down to the holiday camp and then to Zelenogorsk, where I found a CR75 in the Police station. I was cautiously moving through town, but I seemed to be alone, so I went and checked the officer's barracks. TTKSO's jackets were littering the place, but nothing useful for me there.

12458616-4952-472e-99d8-93d9747fe9a9_zps

Just as I was leaving, the trusty "putting-gun-away" bug reminded me that another player was approaching. I circled back out of the area, because frankly, I was carrying too much to get involved over a few cans of beans he might be carrying. To my convenience he'd parked a blue truck only 50 meters below the base and didn't take out sparkplugs or battery. I started it and returned to my base of currently 3 barrels. I took a break at Pogorevka to refuel my truck using one of the waterbottles; I didn't know that I really don't have to refuel the trucks at the moment. However, the short break reminded me of the hunting backpack I'd left bhind, so I went back up to Green Moutain and fetched it. 

As I returned to my base I saw a truck stuck on some fence, so I took it upon me to free it and left my own truck behind. Then I organised the stuff in my barrel base, parked the truck and went off to write this post. All in all - a good day! Know thy glitches and thou shallst survive! ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

My infections got better by themselves, I'm not sick anymore. Just struggling to find a wild boar pelt, burlap sack, etc. Am near NWAF.

Why are you stitching up the wounds? I usually just bandage. Isn't that enough? Or is stitching the alternative to bandaging? Why would you do that though, bandages can be cut out of nearly every shirt, while sewing kits are far more valuable to fix your own clothes and such; granted, they do spawn quite often now and close to each other, too. But still - why the stitches? I'm curious. I've only ever done that by mistake. Same as drinking Gasoline for me. It's brilliant that the "refuel" and "drink all" tabs are right next to each other when you stand at the truck ^^

so, finally came down from the mountains to interact with people. met a few people in game and we became friends. we jumped in a private server in .57 and all spawned in the Elektro area. surprisingly for a high pop, the 'bathroom' building aka the loot pile buildings hadnt been looted and the 3 of us were geared up pretty quickly. i got myself a sawn off shotgun with ammo. so we wandered around taking on fresh spawns who tried to rob us. we ended up bumping into another geared player north of the police station, and i immediately ran right and got behind him just in case (glad i did) my friends try to get a look at him but he ducks behind a 2 story building and pulls his gun out. they duck behind a wall and i get in about 5 feet from this guy as he is aiming at the wall my friends are at. i shoot the first round and miss him as he side steps, but the next shot goes right into his head. DEAD. we celebrate and loot him.

no joke, this guy had a sword, a mace in his back pack, a winchester in his hands, and a SVD mag. we thought he must be some sort of collector of rare items. 

later on the server went all buggy as a group of about 5 or 6 people (who all seemed to be working together) moved into the area, including 2 guys in a truck who ran point and drew attention and generally made a lot of noise.

we had gone east and ended up at that tin building next to sniper hill when we started taking fire from a sniper. i went left to get behind the hill but i had to log off because my hands had glitched and i couldnt pick up anything (including my guns, by this time i had an AKM) so i logged out and in at the small house on the hill and went in search of the sniper. my one friend was able to find him and kill him before i got there, but we lost his body(or he got away) 

we immediatly began to take fire from it seemed like every direction, but mostly from the docks. this was when the truck made its appearance and killed friend #1. friend 2 ran for cover and worked his way to the docks to take out whoever was doing a lot of shooting. i stayed on the hill to keep eyes on the situation, but when he went down by the cement wall, i made my way to the docks. friend #2 respawned very close by and got back to his body and managed to kill the guy looting his corpse with a baseball bat but got killed in the process by another shooter. i got there and shot up another geared player while getting hit from a few directions (the truck was driving all over the place making it hard to know what was going on. i got a look at a guy coming from the south west out of elektro and waited for him, i hit him with my akm and took fire from behind as another geared guy appears from the east! my legs get broken in the process and i shoot at him and he ducks for cover. i reload and bandage as fast as i can and lay in wait, probably looking spastic as im sitting in a corner looking back and forth watching for 2 diferent guys. the one on the right pops his head out and i unload at his direction and probably only hit him once with my 30 round mag. i switch to my cr75 i had picked up and put 3 or 4 shots into him before he(or the other guy) hits me and knocks me unconscious. they immediately shoot me in the head and end the craziest shoot out i have been in in months. 

we all somehow get a berenzino spawn and set about fighting fresh spawns for cans of beans and beating one guy to death with a hockey stick and a shovel. we loot him only to get really buggy gear, it was so bad we began to think he had duped gear because everything else worked fine, just the stuff we took from him (longhorn, fireaxe, can opener and bandages)

the server shut off suddenly and we ended the night on kind of a low point. 

• Like 1

Why are you stitching up the wounds? I usually just bandage. Isn't that enough? Or is stitching the alternative to bandaging? Why would you do that though, bandages can be cut out of nearly every shirt, while sewing kits are far more valuable to fix your own clothes and such; granted, they do spawn quite often now and close to each other, too. But still - why the stitches? I'm curious. I've only ever done that by mistake. Same as drinking Gasoline for me. It's brilliant that the "refuel" and "drink all" tabs are right next to each other when you stand at the truck ^^

I accidentally stitched myself. Then I got infectious wounds. I survived for a day, but got them again. I died, lost my UMP, tortilla backpack, what not. I'm so angry, but I just started fresh, found some gear. I'm "kind of" good to go. My day went really bad in the end.

• Like 1

I accidentally stitched myself. Then I got infectious wounds. I survived for a day, but got them again. I died, lost my UMP, tortilla backpack, what not. I'm so angry, but I just started fresh, found some gear. I'm "kind of" good to go. My day went really bad in the end.

Ah, by accident, just like I did once ^^ Sorry to hear about your guy's death! 

I've had a weird mixed bag of things today. I'm a bit miffed about losing crossbow and combat knife, but hey - I FOUND DEER :)

First of all - I didn't go looking for deer, I wanted to try out fishing. So I located a nice pond with nothing else around, because I wanted some quality time and possibly start a fire there, too. When I got to the lake, I heard trampling and saw the deer jumping around below me. I startled them . I got out my crossbow and took aim - too low; much too low. I raised my aim, fired and got a one shot kill. But it wasn't the buck. I changed my position, laid down and waited for the buck to come past. I knew to hit high this time and the first bolt killed it. Aparently crossbow is a one-hit-kill, no matter where you hit it.

On the way down there, I came past one deer that was stuck on nothing, so I took it out too. After I skinned the buck, I saw another deer stuck near the water, so I axed it and took its pelt. Overjoyed by the 4 pelts, I did not realize at first that my crossbow was gone. Weapon glitch... 

After I'd skinned the buck, my combat knife was also gone, because when you skin them, your inventory fills up with all the lard and meat, so there is no space for the knife in inventory any more. And crossbow and knife were gone for good. I moved everything around on the ground and they were not stuck below or invisible. My best piece of advice - drop the crossbow/weapon, before skinning an animal! That way, at least you can pick it up again. The same goes for the knife. Search for stones, rightclick on one and make a stone knife.

The big disappointment was tanning the leather. Even though I had the barrel and fertilizer for this, it doesn't work. Something is happening and it takes several minutes, but then the barrel is empty. I tried moving things in and out there, to see if maybe the tanned leather would pop up. I restarted and tried with only one leather inside - but the result was the same: not working.

2015-08-15_00024_zpsp4vwadcs.jpg

2015-08-15_00030_zpso2jv9e76.jpg

aim rly high!

2015-08-15_00032_zpszuflksoy.jpg

crossbow= one shot

2015-08-15_00031_zps5jmco5lj.jpg

2015-08-15_00034_zps1ufuqukf.jpg

stuck deer

2015-08-15_00039_zpsng2pyhbd.jpg

wait - where is my crossbow?

2015-08-15_00041_zpsmnqpjlx1.jpg

the spoils of hunt

2015-08-15_00045_zpsc2fyraqt.jpg

back at base:

2015-08-15_00049_zpslcyq9vkj.jpg

2015-08-15_00051_zpsf8k2w5ej.jpg

2015-08-15_00052_zpscj8aed0p.jpg

all pelts gone...

But hey, at least I found some deer when I was actually only going fishing. It seems logical to me, to search near lakes now. I'm gonna look around some of the other lakes on the map (especially those in forest) to figure out if that is a location the deer spawn at. Can't use the pelts yet, but there is a lot of meat and they look really cool, though they are laggin around quite a bit.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Sorry, somehow I thought the image upload was borked. However, click on the first links and you should see all of the pics.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I finally found myself stuck in a situation where I literally could do nothing to remedy the situation.

I had logged out (semi geared) in the small green house in Kamywobo (the one with the stairs you have to go up on the side of the house). When I logged back in, my guy was underneath the house. I could run around and crouch, but could not vault or go prone. If I tried to kill myself, my guy would immediately drop whatever weapon was in my hand but still do the animation. I could not pick my weapon back up by looking at it, nor could I see it in the vicinity. I stripped myself of everything and waited to starve. My energy and thirst levels never changed and I never got cold.. Yikes!

I logged in to a high pop and yelled for help. Two guys came by and offered advice but had no guns. The second guy went and found a guy with a rifle and I asked him to shoot through the wall/window at me. It did not work. They wished me a "good luck" as I sat there and left my computer for a couple hours. I was eventually kicked (or disconnected) from the server. I logged back in and I was able to re spawn.

Yay.

• Like 1

And next tell the one about the guy with the boring stories... 

And the kill that wasn't even legit...

And the dude that said nothing but "hey you with the small pecker" in a retarded, somehow southern but British accent over and over and over and (over and over) over and over again.. 

Ahhhh Berezino... my sweet Berezino... you offer a kaleidoscope for stories of every origin. 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 3

I finally found myself stuck in a situation where I literally could do nothing to remedy the situation.

I had logged out (semi geared) in the small green house in Kamywobo ...

That house seems to have a glitch with collisions. I had the exact same experience with a guy in Khelm - same type of house. He scared the shit out of me, because at first he didn't say where he was and I was expecting to get shot any second. However, turned out I couldn't even see him. I tried dropping a backpack for him and we tried some other stuff, but he couldn't take anything on my side and I didn't see his. I hope this green house is on the bugtracker. Maybe you should report it, since it is now confirmed to be a repeating glitch. I never log off in houses, just to be safe. 

I had a blast playing today! Can't remember having spent this much time in Dayz since months! On a single day I rescued a stuck truck, hunted deer, fished, and I cooked deer and fish on a stick over the fire . And tried to tan leather, which isn't working for me. And I only lost a Crossbow, 2 combat knifes, a CR75 and god knows what else ^^ (that weapon dropping glitch is killing me; even when I have free inventory space my knife disappeard after sharpening the sticks. I have no idea how and why the CR75 went a little later).

2015-08-16_00003_zpscqappzhf.jpg

2015-08-16_00009_zpssu9uevlp.jpg

The best part was that I'd parked the rescued truck for others to find and nobody took it all day. Then, before I went fishing, I saw it parked in a village I passed through. I tried to talk to whoever was driving it, telling them I'm friendly and that I'd parked it down the road. Couldn't find anyone, so I went fishing. At least 30 minutes later, I return to still find the truck parked there, so I thought: hell, I'm gonna drive a little closer to my base and drop it off again. As I was still in thought, I see a guy stepping on the road and shooting his SKS at me. Bullets ricocheted off the cabin. I swerved to the left and hit him, knocking him out. Unfortunately I also hit a tree and ruined two tires. As I got out to see if he's still alive, his friend in complete paramedic set comes running up to me.

I decided to better be on the safe side and took SKS and MP5 off his buddy. And I shout: "Are you armed? I don't wanna shoot you!" Instead of replying he storms at me with his fire axe, so I shot at him, missed and had him chase me. I switched weapons, which made me slow down, giving him his chance to hit me - but he missed. So I turned around with the MP5 and pretty much lit him up with 15 shots that dropped him. All his clothes were ruined, but what do I care? I just took some ammo and went my ways. If these guys had even tried to reply to me, I would have sent them on their way. But this way, I lost a combat knife and CR75, but got a P1, SKS and MP5 - all with plenty of ammo.

Thanks god for studid people :)! 

2015-08-16_00010_zpsrufznlvh.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Haven't weighed in here much in the past few days but it's certainly not because nothing has happened. A couple days ago we got a bit of dirt (and blood) under our fingernails and I ended up getting killed a couple of times. 

We have been honing our skills in Berezino the last couple of sessions being a little more aggressive than I'm used to. We still operate with good intentions but let's be real- people aren't mozying around Berezino looking for handouts. Schwab ended up in one of those "clothing" brick buildings on the docks and I had fallen a bit behind him. He said he was in a brick building and I took that to mean he was "near" the brick building of the factory nearby. I was running towards that building when I noticed a guy dressed very similarly to Schwab crouched and facing me in a shadow. 

"Are you inside a building?" 

"Yeah-"

"Fuck!" I started tap dancing around but still got shot at pretty close range. Leg broken- I spun around from the prone position and waited for the assailant to poke his head out. He did and I just leaned on my left mouse button with all my weight. 

You are dead.

Argh. 

Respawned in Svet and sprinted back to help Schwab who was still in the brick building. 3 people went in the building he was in and while he'd tell the story better than I would let's just say that none came out. I later found that one of the guys on the ground was the guy who killed me. 

I partook in some of their gear and was pretty much better off than my former character. We had a quick back and forth with someone hanging out outside the door but managed to deal with that. I rushed down to close the door and then went back to check out the back room...

Gunshot.

"What the hell? I just got one shotted in the back of the head. Someone just ghosted me!" 

I quickly closed the door into the back room and basically waited there for someone to open it. I could hear someone moving around outside and upstairs as Schwab spawned in down south east near Kamy. 

I must have waited in that room for 10 minutes for someone to open the door so I could turn them into a Tetley teabag... sadly it was not to be. I didn't realize the window downstairs in that back room was low enough to see and shoot into from outside and someone wisely hit me from behind. 

Turns out this whole situation was just a big mess. 

Schwab killed the guy who killed me and presumably his two friends- one of which was a girl. 

The guy who killed schwab wasn't a ghoster- he and his friend had just spawned in from another day and stumbled into schwab... Killed him. 

The girl who killed me was one of the players scwhab killed and she thought I was him. 

The guys who killed schwab stayed in that building shooting at the people who killed me and were still there exchanging shots when I got back. These guys explained the whole situation and offered to give schwab all his stuff back because they felt bad... while still trying to process the 3 idiots outside. Unfortunately schwab had literally stacked the bodies from his initial encounter right at the door so he couldn't get in. 

They worked on that while the "small pecker" dude was standing at the base of the building with a fire extinguisher- looking upstairs from the south side of the building screaming "hey you- you with the small pecker" over and over (and...) again... the guys inside got schwab a handgun (somehow- can't remember) and he used it to go kill pecker who was hiding under a train platform next to a locomotive with me trying to kill him with a pickaxe. When I moved back around the building I was getting shot at by the other three outside. Schwab was going back and forth with them- the chick especially- but they flanked him and got him. 

The guys inside kept telling me they'd give me the sks they had but I couldn't get at it and finally just ran south. Stumbled into a semi geared chasing down a fresh. He was taking aim at the fresh with a mosin when I ran up to him and plunged the pickaxe into his C7 with very little effect. I chased him for quite some time before I heard him moaning in some lame tone "C'mon man... this isn't what the game is about." 

"Guess you shouldn't have been messing with the freshies then hey?" 

We ran further north and he tried to elude me- except that we were running the exact same speed. We got about 2/3rds of the way back to where I'd come and then I said, "So I've basically just chased you into a wasp nest of people with guns so... enjoy!" 

I turned back and headed to meet up with Schwab. 

Schwab, in the meantime, had his own thing going on and I have to admit hearing only one side of the conversation was hilarious. 

Something like this: 

He had just finished telling me that he'd met up with a guy... and they'd stumbled into a couple of armed characters.

"Hey, how ya doing? We're just heading north to meet with someone... No- nothing. Literally nothing. We just spawned in. Okay, sure I can do that. I think you need him to drop that and then put the handcuffs on. No? I'm not sure then." He then says to me over steam, "We've just been taken hostage. They're literally getting us to take off our stuff... Oh man this is crazy. I'm sure I'm dead- Aw crap, here it comes." He bursts out laughing. "Holy shit- the guy just killed his buddy." More laughing. "I've never seen anything like that." Back to game chat "man you just shot your buddy... did you mean to do that? I mean you just shot him right in the face." Back to me, still laughing, "Unreal- he just said to me that he was sick of listening to the guy's stories and we can take all his stuff if we want it." 

Last night was a bit different. I ran into DaveB first and he helped get me squared away with some kit (again). We met up with Schwab (who was still running up from WAY down southeast after the incident he described a few posts back) down near three valleys on the coast and headed back up relatively geared up as we wanted. Ran into a bunch of freshies- actually I think it was just the same guy a bunch of times who wanted us to kill him. 3 separate times.

As we moved further north another fresh was running towards us... saw the multiple bodies on the road behind us then turned around and ran the other way without stopping until he was about a pixel size and beyond. Past the factory we encountered a geared character who we're PRETTY SURE knew we were there but maybe not exactly where nor how many of us there were. He ran back and forth for a bit but we disengaged from him and continued north to the clothing building where the action had happened the day before. There was some shooting but nothing close enough for us to do anything about. We did fire a couple of bait shots to see what would happen but nothing was forthcoming.

We agreed to head back out and move back towards the lighthouse. As we were on our way there along the beach we checked six a couple times and noticed 4-5 players moving together towards where we'd just come from. They were moving quickly, but tactfully from the southwest but we didn't think they'd seen us slip out the back door. We'd pop checked when we went in and noticed 5-6 same-clan tags and figured that was probably these guys.

I half expected to see Schwab and DaveB piggybacking one another into that fray- shooting and hooting with glee at the opportunity to slay these adversaries-

"Let's keep backing off... that might be a bit much." Which I think was Schwab's polite way of saying "Dave and I would have to kill 3 guys each and Eno would probably kill one of us by accident... so let's pick our battle."

I know, I know... I suck at pvp. But I must admit I feel absolutely bad-ass with my two sidearms sweeping out ahead as I strut down the middle of the road with my weapon at the low carry.  Now I know what a tame pitbull feels like!

• Like 3

" Back to game chat "man you just shot your buddy... did you mean to do that? I mean you just shot him right in the face." Back to me, still laughing, "Unreal- he just said to me that he was sick of listening to the guy's stories and we can take all his stuff if we want it." 

Heh, this is hilarious! I can really imagine how this guy thought he's really cool and doing all the fancy tuber bullshit, like stripping people and knocking them unconscious to teabag them. And then his "friend" figures what a giant turd this guy is for having no imagination of his own and he tears him a new one. Sometimes it takes a video game to learn the true nature of people ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Story time kids, pull up a chair!

All this took place in a maxed out private.

So, I spawned in as a fresh spawn at prigorodki (right by cherno) Almost right off the bat, find another newspawn, seemed friendly enough, had some clothes he picked up off the road (I found some on the road too, but was just fresh spawn clothes). Decided to team up, head towards zelnogorsk. Went into the town to loot, lost him in the town. Found ANOTHER new spawn, seemed chill. Found the other guy, we all teamed up and ran down to cherno. We boot it into cherno, head over to the guardhouse by the sea. Find ANOTHER fresh spawn who decides to blast rap over his VOIP and flip us off. So, the 2nd guy I found tried to sickle him. The rap guy punched him out right away.

Then me and the first guy I found go to town on him with shovels and sledgehammers, and knock him out and kill him. Our guy was concious, we decided to come back for him after the guardhouse. We loot, (nothing much there), come back. Turns out he died.

Anyways, we continue on, loot loot loot, through the town. We hear gunshots off in the distance. We go to investigate (we had nothing to lose).

See a freshie running down the road. See a guy on the roof of the firestation, we run inside, calling friendly (we were actually friendly, not if he was going to jump us.) We find a dead body on the first roof, not the tower. So, we put 2 and 2 together, and decide to boot it out of there. Head over to the school, to get some clothes, and, hear someone running around inside.

Unfortunately at that point, RL interfered, and I had to leave. But, the first guy I came into contact with seemed genuinely nice. All green clothes, bright red rain hat, camo pants. Had a sledge for a melee weapon. (Would love to find you again man, if your on here, shoot me a message!)

Not a TON of action, but alot of player interaction. And thats what I love about it. :)

My day's been going good. I found a battery(I hear it's rare or something?), food/water, also a rangefinder(idk how I found it lol, probably my luck. What does it do anyway?). However I'm still struggling to find a wild boar pelt for my improvised leather backpack, some burlap sacks and netting for a ghillie gun wrap. Made a fireplace today, because it JUST WOULDN'T STOP RAINING, and I was cold(shaking too, was scared to die). Used my only bandage on this fireplace, since I didn't have any paper or rags. So, I'm also looking for a bandage, incase I get shot or anything. Gotta be prepared for everything!

7vpZc2V.jpg

TQ9d4eI.jpg

K3rHUlu.jpg

Edited by thEchicagoBoy

My day's been going good. I found a battery(I hear it's rare or something?), food/water, also a rangefinder(idk how I found it lol, probably my luck. What does it do anyway?).

I can't recall if the battery actually shows up in .57 or not but the range finder comes in handy if you are hunting / sniping. In .57 it's useless since there are no batteries spawning (that I'm aware of). 

So think about the weapon you have- and the ability to adjust the iron sights using the pgup pgdown keys. If a target is 400m away, you can adjust your sights to 400m and your shot hits the target dead center. 

But how do you figure out the range? Some eastern scopes have stadeometric rangefinding capability- essentially taking the height of the average person and using that as a guide to measure distance using kind of a sliding scale. You place the person under the scale and wherever it "fits" gives you the range on the scale. One of the scopes has that function that I've seen- can't recall which since I haven't seen one in quite some time (.57). So that's one of the less common ways available. 

Another way I've found (provided I'm sitting in one spot) is to take my position from a known or nearby location and shoot references onto the dayzdb map. I take my location, click on the map, and then reference landmarks and click on that on the map and get a range. From there I can estimate range with relative accuracy using distance to landmarks as a reference. 

The rangefinder allows you to bypass all that- you aim the rangefinder and then activate it and it gives you a range. Unfortunately as mentioned it needs a battery to function so right now you're probably wondering why when you look through it it doesn't do anything. 

• Like 1

Sure! At least so much as to just check it out. There is a key you need to press to activate it- I can't remember if it's the "fire" button or something else. 

I haven't seen a battery for a LONG time- maybe you found it in a flashlight or something?

I do have a battery, should I use it for the rangefinder?

Are you sure you on .57 stable and not on .58 experimental? Haven't seen a battery on .57 and i looked for one for a while. but yea use battery with range finder then point and press fire button to see the range,

• Like 1

Edited by DaveB

No, I just found the battery in some house. And yes, I'm sure I'm on 0.58.

Update on my day: Fractured my leg, used a wooden splint to mend it. Will my fractured leg be mended permanently by using the wooden splint or only temporarily?

Edited by thEchicagoBoy

Batterys arent rare on experimental, they spawn like they used to in the olden days. It also rains there, which it almost never does in 0.57. I say almost never because it rained once one me since the patch came out ten years ago.

• Like 1

I had a pretty short run on dayz today but it was certainly entertaining. After having geared up a few days before I get on today and see what I can do. I make my way to balota airfield and upon nearing the town i hear a few rifle shots. I quickly take the long way and make my way into a barn. Something weird had happened with my pc that made DayZ close out but i was back on and began exploring the airfield. I sneaked around and saw the two players that were shooting. One was dead of course and the other hadn't heard me sneak up to him. I raised my akm to him and told him to put his hands up. Judging from the look of the guy and the corpse he was looting he was a bandit that had been waiting and killed him. After him acknowledging my presence but not doing anything I put a round in his head and left. All in all a good run for the night.

No, I just found the battery in some house. And yes, I'm sure I'm on 0.58.

Update on my day: Fractured my leg, used a wooden splint to mend it. Will my fractured leg be mended permanently by using the wooden splint or only temporarily?

This will fix it permently, until you break it again :)

Could someone answer my question(last post) on the previous page?

And a couple other options exist- morphine injectors, I think you can use duct tape instead of bandages... you can use rags as well. As DaveB mentions, all will be permanent (until you break them again).