Roguehunter

September Rant Topic.

Some of us understood that we aren't "playing the game" yet. Its developing bit by bit, as every other game in development. The difference to most other games in development is that we are asked to be a part of this process. report bugs, make suggestions, taking part in the entire development thing.

If you think the Mod is better, feel free to play the Mod. But dont compare build 0.48 ( read: not halfway done ) to it. DayZ SA is not a game by now, it's a software in development. And all of us are guinea pigs that payed money because we couldn't wait for the final release. Yes, if you don't like it, it was your fault.

Please dont take this personal, but if you payed money to participate in an early access alpha and you expect a flawless, bug-free gaming experience, you certainly did something wrong. You, not the devs.

Disclaimer: I'm not butthurt. I am just questioning your personal expectations when you bought the "game".

First of all, thanks for the first serious answer in this thread.

And no i'm not expecting it to be flawless, i realise this is (still) an alpha, but i'm just too tired of all the false promises being made.

Sure i know i'm part of the first people who play the ½ game and yes some thing needs fixing in the beginning

It's just that the ''beginning'' is a pretty long and slow one. Zombies walking through walls, loot disappearing, players randomly dying. Really?

This game has had so much time to develop, and errors in the first few days of the SA are still in it. 

So we got new zombie skins! Who cares if they're walking through the entire bloody building ignoring walls, stairs etc?! 

Edited by Mister Sandman
  • Like 2

You sir are obviously unable to read. Still you managed to post a rant which I shall understand as the great revelation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Now we all know the truth. There is no game development there is only the FSM creation of inalterable games! Abandon all hope! DayZ was made Alpha and it will stay Alpha forever!

You sir are obviously unable to read. Still you managed to post a rant which I shall understand as the great revelation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Now we all know the truth. There is no game development there is only the FSM creation of inalterable games! Abandon all hope! DayZ was made Alpha and it will stay Alpha forever!

Well point me out mister fedora where you allocated my inability to read. And yes i do believe this will be an alpha for some while, at least 2 years and by then, i hope, will be surpassed by numerous games. 

• Like 1

Where the fuck are those guys coming from. Not the game apparently as there is a big disclaimer every single time you start it that only goes away if you click on "I understand"!

So those people are obviously unable to read while still writing rants. Ergo the Flying Spaghetti Monster must exist!

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

because i´m pretty much sick and tired of it.

if you´re easily butthurt. leave now.

This game has had so much promise. Rocket had so many promises, and guess what: Nothing more than screw ups

Look at the game, play it, and give a truthfull honest opinion about it. This is mine: It's utter trash.

I have played the mod, endured it's faults and flawes, but I enjoyed it. ''standalone will be so much better''

Now they've promised us at the release of the game (that release that has been prosponed for over a year) that it would offer the same options as the mod and from there the game would steadily improve.

The game now, almost a year after it's release hasn't even come close to what was capable in the mod.

Everything. is. one. big. bugfest.

Every zombie, every building, every door, window, wall, weapon. I can't stand it.

For a 2006 game it would be descent but still way too buggy. It feels like a truck on wooden square wheels.

So they had to change everything to make fit to the new engine.

And now they're realising that the new engine isn't capable enough to handle the game?!

Rocket: Please just stop. You and your team, please quit. Go find a hobby or something to make a living out, because making games just isn't your forté.

Oh and don't you dare ''it's just an alpha''-me. If you truly believe that this game has any potential left to get any good. good luck. I'm out.

God I love honest people. if I was a 17th century Mughal Sultan in Delhi......... I would give him 300 girls from my private harem and his weight in gold coins.

You have my beans bro.

• Like 3

As somebdy who has played since a month after it was released, the game is leaps and bounds ahead of what it once was.  If you want to play this game at its most unplayable, go back a few patches where you couldn't move 5m without rubber banding back to where you were, or even earlier than that where you couldn't even join a server without having massive desync/lag.  Just because you bought the game in its infancy, which it still completely is, doesn't mean its going to be a full game when you want it to be.  Making games of this scale takes YEARS.  It's been 9 months.  I'm surprised they have gotten done as much as they have.

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for the first serious answer in this thread.

And no i'm not expecting it to be flawless, i realise this is (still) an alpha, but i'm just too tired of all the false promises being made.

Sure i know i'm part of the first people who play the ½ game and yes some thing needs fixing in the beginning

It's just that the ''beginning'' is a pretty long and slow one. Zombies walking through walls, loot disappearing, players randomly dying. Really?

This game has had so much time to develop, and errors in the first few days of the SA are still in it. 

So we got new zombie skins! Who cares if they're walking through the entire bloody building ignoring walls, stairs etc?! 

Mind to name these "false promises?"

Read WhiteZero's post. We are in Alpha. There won't be any major bugfixing in Alpha because Alpha means feature-adding. Every new feature brings new problems, bugs, glitches, etc and everything is influencing each others. So you start to fix bugs during Beta, when you are done with actually "creating the game". It's funny that you actually adress the two biggest things in the game: Zombies and Loot. There is a hell lot of mechanics needed to make this two things working perfectly. And the devs are working on it. Did you notice the introducion of the zombie navmesh, the introducion of central loot mechanics? Both have been part of the last 2 or 3 updates, and of course they are not working perfectly, but if you look a bit closer, you will see the progress.

It's also funny that you compare new zombie skins to what i've mentioned above. A skin is created by one guy in like one day including animations. The loot system and the zombie-AI takes an entire team to work for several weeks. And you complain that they are adding the "easy stuff" before the "hard stuff"? please keep in mind that the "hard stuff" simply takes a whole lot of time.  When they add a new shirt to DayZ, that doesn't mean a single employee has stopped working on the core mechanics. It was just finished faster.

• Like 3

But has there really never been one game developing team talented enough that as they added new features to an alpha they did not break things in the game? I refuse to believe that its not possible to add things to an alpha and at the same time improve it.

Is it really normal that games never improve during alpha? If so than I will accept it. I guess i am just really ignorant of alphas.

It's too bad that your game experience is so miserable. Is it possible that your PC is too underpowered to handle the alpha version? I ask because I don't encounter the bugs that seem to ruin it for you.

But has there really never been one game developing team talented enough that as they added new features to an alpha they did not break things in the game?

Most likely there was never such a team - and even more (more than most - wtf are you talking about?) likely there won't be one in the future as software development is actually way too complicated.

You are probably just ignorant of alphas - maybe because you look at different things than others who do see the improvement. For example vehicle mechanics are truly as bad as in pre-alpha.

• Like 1

- DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur.

- DayZ Early Access Beta: Content development, during which the "meat on the bones" is added to the title, alongside the beginnings of major bug fixing surrounding issues created during the feature development of alpha.

- DayZ Early Access RC (Final Beta stages): Bug Fix, optimization, and balancing. During which the stone is polished, until the DayZ dev team feels the title is ready to go live.

Hmm, by their own definition, they have skipped Alpha and are already into Beta without actually doing anything in Alpha. 

Through its long lived Alpha, the development seems to be improving nothing at all.  However, they do continue to add content.  New guns, clothes, craftables.  Bug fixes and featyre development?  Hmm, nope.  Lots of new shiny towns though, tons of content.  No actual feature development. 

Edited by cartire
  • Like 3

Hmm, by their own definition, they have skipped Alpha and are already into Beta without actually doing anything in Alpha.

Through its long lived Alpha, the development seems to be improving nothing at all. However, they do continue to add content. New guns, clothes, craftables. Bug fixes and featyre development? Hmm, nope. Lots of new shiny towns though, tons of content. No actual feature development.

Hmm not really, that's your own spin. There hasn't been substantial content for months. Tiny things perhaps but it is very much still Alpha. Edited by Trizzo

Hmm not really, that's your own spin. There hasn't been substantial content for months. Tiny things perhaps but it is very much still Alpha.

Got it.  So no improvements or content.  That sounds even worse.  You are a bad Alpha defender. 

• Like 2

But has there really never been one game developing team talented enough that as they added new features to an alpha they did not break things in the game? I refuse to believe that its not possible to add things to an alpha and at the same time improve it.

Is it really normal that games never improve during alpha? If so than I will accept it. I guess i am just really ignorant of alphas.

Did you ever develop a software ? It's not about talent, its much more about necessity. You don't fix stuff you will break later on anyway. Let me show you an example on how stuff in influencing each other ( this is not confirmed, i totally made it up to illustrate my point )

PROBLEM: When climbing up a ladder with anything in your hand, you will die instantly ( this is/was a known bug )

CAUSE: Climbing up a ladder requires both hands to be free. Attempting it will make your character putting away whatever is in his hands automaticly.

LEADS TO: Playing an animation while being on a ladder makes you loose the ladder and fall to your death.

PROBLEM2: Zombies always play an animation, because they're AI. They either run, attack, or search.

LEADS TO: Zombies can't climb ladders, they instantly die ( example made up by me )

COMMUNITY: FIX THOSE ZOMBIES OMG !

SOLUTION: You won't fall down ladders anymore because your character plays an animation

OUTCOME: Players now can get prone on every single step up the ladder and levitate in the air while sniping.

COMMUNITY: FIX THOSE SNIPERS OMG !

Get it ?

• Like 1

Translation: I can't handle people disagreeing with my whiny rants, so I label them "butthurt" as a defensive mechanism.

What I was really looking for was a bunch of posts only agreeing with me. Circlejerks are fun!

So anyone that disagrees with you is "butthurt"? Flawless logic.

• Like 1

O hey.

I see your post count is nice and low.  Seeing as there's a Dean bashing thread, an a stickied "this game is shit wtfbbq plz giev me money back thread" at top of this forum section i'm going to come right out of the closet and say that you're trolling here.

Back to Narnia with you!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/6794-i-give-up-this-game-is-bull-i-want-my-money-back/

• Like 2

Got it.  So no improvements or content.  That sounds even worse.  You are a bad Alpha defender. 

so I guess the development of a 64bit server based platform wasn't a feature... I guess that silly ragdoll wasn't a feature either... oh and by the way I guess loot respawns and navmesh additions/improvements and hunting system and persistent storage/items are not features either. that's all on stable now by the way. experimental has a shit-ton of new non-features too. and this doesn't even touch on all the new content.

do you even play the game?

peeps like you and the OP really make my head hurt.

• Like 7

Map development, AI navmesh, AI animals along with hunting / fishing mechanics, central loot economics, item persistence, persistant storage, new sets of clothings and guns, refined random spawns ( heli crash sites etc ) .... where have you been over the last couple of months?

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 3

Where the fuck are those guys coming from. Not the game apparently as there is a big disclaimer every single time you start it that only goes away if you click on "I understand"!

So those people are obviously unable to read while still writing rants. Ergo the Flying Spaghetti Monster must exist!

Bro they're most likely just spammers.  Look at them, they're all under 10 posts and half without avatars.  Either that or they're too young for the ESRB rating and haven't learned how to source their own information from the internet yet.

peeps like you and the OP really make my head hurt.

It's our butts that are supposed to be hurting, remember? :)

• Like 3

Got it. So no improvements or content. That sounds even worse. You are a bad Alpha defender.

More distortions and strawmen but you have already demonstrated a thin grasp of the overall situation so I don't take your stupidity to heart.

I never said there was no improvements, only minor changes to 'content' (and not the beta sense of content). There has been no 'meat on bones'. The features are present only in the most tokenistic sense. Examples include animals, cooking, fire, minor crafting, weather etc… they are hollow, barely add any value to the game or are glitchy as heck. This isn't yet content.

You only need read the dev blogs, server structure, navmesh, those are the big changes that they have been working on and where things are focused. That is why we are still in Alpha. And the devs saying they are still in Alpha well that is a bit of a hint too…

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 3

The moderators should just start locking these posts. Nothing constructive comes from them.

• Like 1

Yeah, and how many kids lied about their age to buy the game too?  ;)

• Like 1