haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

So any word on how the crop growing works ? Has anyone Found any seeds or something like that??

I feel I must of been lucky with my first spawn near a shed and utility tower on a hill just north of what I guess people are calling Novo.

I entered the town and in short order had rags and axe. Running up stairs broke my legs twice but I was able to splint up each time. Applying the splint removed the pain status as well as the fracture status, no morphine needed (certainly a bug I would think).

Apparently, someone had just looted the area pretty thoroughly but I was still able to get healthy within 10 minutes. I find 100's of rounds of 4 different kinds but no guns.

Server restarts.

I log into another low ping server.

This Novo is untouched.

I proceed to clear most of the town.

The police station now seemed to have more appropriate loot at reasonable amounts.

I climbed the large government building ground floor had the Walther and found the top floors were filled with a wide range of good stuff.

So far I've settled on an SKS & CR527, 8 rounds only for the SKS and a box of 9mm with no magazine.

Scouring the rural and government hospitals I was able to fill a medkit and then some without too much trouble (to my surprise) with antibiotics, pain pills, morphine, charcoal, IV start, water purification tabs....

I only found kids backpacks until I entered the big blue warehouse buildings which 3 out of 4 had Green Taloon backpacks.

The new model industrial office buildings also feature a nice grouping of weapons, ammo, and medical supplies.

Both servers were day time, no rain. I wore a beanie hat, hoodie, cargo pants, gloves, and never saw a single temp related status message.

I'm sad to hear that the firemens axe is not working properly, makes me wish i had not traded my splitting axe.

I can confirm the bugged item damage display and that moving the item in any way will show it's true status.

I feel almost guilty having had it so easy right off the bat....

The build seems to run smoother for me in general.

I will log on soon and run South hoping to tangle with some zombies and see how that feels.

No one has mentioned if instant zombie respawn is still in and I'm tempted to guinea pig....

P.S.: Please don't KoS and then give an excuse, you gutless panty waste.

You're not a survivor, you're a murderer.

If I bother to type that I'm friendly during a zombie attack that I help repel and I stop to bandage and you're axing me while you're apologizing because I took too long to say friendly?? People are morons....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

I have fought zombies with the splitting axe, the hammer, and the crowbar so far and melee is definitely much improved from .48.

The hammer worked quite well in fact.

No more zombies hitting you from ridiculous distances or after they are dead so far, yay!

It will be great when this build hits stable and I have a large choice of servers.

I don't like seeing all these people.

Thankfully the last 2 people I met were friendly enough though....

Raincoat is the ultimate protection against rain. Even ruined it still keeps rain off of you at all times.

is there meat in animals when u kill them?

so not confirmed if u can grow crops?

Yes, you can skin and quarter them after you kill them using either a knife or the machete.

Not sure on crops.

Not a bad update really, I've got a pretty naff connection but a full server just a few moments ago ran faultlessly - selecting weapons was instantaneuous.

Noticed that scopes (except the Crossbow scope) don't seem to spawn in garages now, or that could just be bad luck.

Hyperthermic needs to be toned down (in my view) as only a minute or so after putting a jacket on the guy feels faint. Seems a little too much as even sitting still for ages and feeling cold it comes straight back after just a few seconds of putting the clothing back on.

Also if you repair clothing with the sewing kit whilst it's being warn it won't show up as repaired, you need to drop it and put it back on - Least I had too.

Aside from that, not a bad update.

I did find a PU scope in a storage garage earlier to day and mounted it promptly on my SKS.  I am racking my brain trying to remember where I found the LRS I am toting around, I think it was one of the peach colored houses.

I did repair an olive tactical shirt while I was wearing it and did not have to take it off to have the repair show, that must be an intermittent type of bug.  I have a theory that the kit has to be at or above the same level of damage.  I wonder, if you use a "badly damaged" kit on a "damaged" item you have to take off the item for the repair to show.  I shall experiment with this as my shirt and kit were both at the same damage level.   I bet that is what is going on.  Could be wrong and, believe it or not, that would not be the first time.

Some of the servers went down for the update later than others, so I log in and it was wiped.  When I came back in after the update I was "lethally hypothermic" and died from it pretty quickly.  It was kinda goofy since I went for a run and had a fight with some zeds, you'd a thunked Ida warmed up just a little from all that activity.  I had put on a warm hat and even eaten, which is something that helps keep you warm too.  Still I died, not from wounds but from being hypothermic.

No problems here gearing up in Asia experimental, rofl.

Except for the hunters rucks it looks like mostly useless stuff.  Were there any magazines?

Edited by Barnabus

not as big on my list as barricading is 

Barricading is fine as long as I have a way to break it down.

Cold and hunger are more brutal this time. Looks like staying out in the rain for long periods of time can kill you to. A much needed change from KOS. Looks like ppl are going to have to dress warm and take care of there bodies before trying to pvp and KOS lol.

I disagree.

Bug/Issue Reported - Hunger seriously unbalanced in 0.49.

Myself and a large group of my clan members downloaded and installed the 0.49 update for Experimental today, 28/08/14.

Every single one of us died multiple times from starvation within a very short time of spawning. We all tried to eat as much as we could, but no matter how much we ate, the "Hunger" message would arise again after a few minutes. We then tried to test how quick the energy from the food ran out. So we all gathered as much food as possible but only one person ate it, me. I consumed 5 cans on Tac Bacon, 2 spaghetti, 1 beans, 2 Tuna, 2 Sardines, 4 cans of soda, 1 zucchini and 3 apples all within around a 15-20 minute period while walking and jogging around a town. I managed to get energized from all this food, BUT the hunger message appeared again within about 5-7 minutes and I was starving and falling unconscious within another 5-10 minutes.

This seriously needs to be rebalance urgently as the game is borderline unplayable and no one is able to test the new mechanics and items as it's just a constant rush for food..... which there is nowhere near enough of as items are not respawning.

Over a 4 hour period every member of my clan died from starvation multiple times, not one person died from other players or Zombies! We also bumped into other players in the town and they all said the same thing, that they were dying before even being able to work out where they were.

Ran from bero to elec, was orange hungry when I got there. Hunger doesn't seem to have changed much if at all.

So any word on how the crop growing works ? Has anyone Found any seeds or something like that??

May finally have a use for the farming hoe?

Barricading is fine as long as I have a way to break it down.

I disagree.

Ran from bero to elec, was orange hungry when I got there. Hunger doesn't seem to have changed much if at all.

Ever heard of multiquote?

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 9

2 hours last night. Melee against other player was as bad as always. Waterbottles still having somekind of problems. Tryed to drink from water bottle. It happend about 5 minutes later when i did it. Even if i canceled it. Same with canteen, couldn't drink. Graphics wise game runs smoothly, but it's just an illusion when you got other player near you. There's just desync. I feel cold etc. text running on your screen, but does it really affect anything? And still nothing in northern part big cities. One or two zombies, no guns except crosbows. Tryed to give ammo to friend. I saw it at the ground. He didnt. Then few minutes later it vanished and we found it behind the house we were in.

But tonight new try. Maybe it goes better this time. :)

In 0.48, the farming hoe does good damage, I'm carrying one and I sometime kill a z in one shoot (usually two).

I guess you'll need one if you want to start to farm some vegies.

Edited by Papanowel

So far in 49 I was not able to survive with two characters. Could not find proper weapons for the zombies, could hardly find any food and apple trees mostly give no apples, sometimes one but mostly rotten apples. Could not find any berries. Characters seem to be starving a lot quicker and the temperature thing is (for the moment) quite out of balance. Have nothing on and you get cold immediately, put on a tracksuit jacker and you start sweating right away. With zombies all over the place and no proper way to fight them I hardly got the chance to loot and find what I needed to survive but was running away from Z's mostly.

Right, after posting a bug report about the "Starving to death" within 10mins of spawning, I noticed many other new reports regarding the same issue. I think it is linked to the rain, wetness and/or temperature. All servers we tried last night were raining, even after a restart.

Can anyone else who's had an issue with constantly being hunger or starving please confirm whether you were on a server that was raining, you were wet from a pond, or just feeling very cold.

The loot respawn definitely feels off, Novo was untouched when i went there, but 80% of the buildins wasn't spawning loot, i entered the town hall, and came to the realization that the entirety of the loot had been spawning in there, just like that Asia screenshot from above, aside from that there has been a slight bug with sewing kits and items being ruined upon taking damage, sometimes an item/clothing won't show as ruined unless you move it, or in clothing's case, you drop it and pick it back up, this also is the same with sewing kits, sometimes i patch an item multiple times and it stays the same condition until i drop it and pick it up again. Couldn't find a single weapon at NWAF, instead all i was finding was child's briefcases and boots.

Throwing can be bugged too, i put numerous chemlights and flares in my hand, lit them and threw them but they got stuck in mid air, and they won't give of the light effect until you throw them, the server then restarted and it continued to work like normal.

The loot respawn definitely feels off, Novo was untouched when i went there, but 80% of the buildins wasn't spawning loot

How do you know it was not already looted?  Door state is no indication.. there are many players who close every door they open..

Edited by MadTommy

Questions for those already playing:

1) How is the hit detection on zombies? Is it any better? In 0.48 I could whack at one with an axe like 10 times and only get one hit in (that was with hitting zombie's chest area).

Zombies jumping through your character I wouldn't expect fixed at all.

2) Are the audio bugs any better? Like, running in completely deserted area and hearing cans od soda opening or zombies screaming.

Questions for those already playing:

1) How is the hit detection on zombies? Is it any better? In 0.48 I could whack at one with an axe like 10 times and only get one hit in (that was with hitting zombie's chest area).

Zombies jumping through your character I wouldn't expect fixed at all.

2) Are the audio bugs any better? Like, running in completely deserted area and hearing cans od soda opening or zombies screaming.

1) Much better! You can now welcome incoming zeds with a nice whack to the forehead again. Sometimes it still feels a bit off, especially with the monkey zeds, but major improvement anyway!

2) Unfortunately yes. Much less than in 0.48, but the more remote the region you are crossing, the higher the chance of mystery burps in the woods.

(both at least in my experience)

Edited by Haviland